PDA

View Full Version : Good PC controllers?

GradationAir
Oct 1, 2013, 08:20 PM
As a gamepad player, I find PSO2 a much more enjoyable experience with a controller. Though a problem is that there are not enough keys.

Since I need to get a new one because my current one is breaking down, I'm thinking of getting one with more keys, possibly on the shoulderbuttons. With a bit of research I can only find Razer Sabertooth, but all the comments so far seem to show that the quality is very, very poor. Any suggestions for a controller (preferably dualshock schemed)?

Cyron Tanryoku
Oct 1, 2013, 08:24 PM
..Is Xbox 360 out of the question?

Kion
Oct 1, 2013, 08:32 PM
I have the Logictech F710. Wireless dual shock, and it comes with x-input, which gives you the right button layout if you select the option in game.

[spoiler-box]
http://gaming.logitech.com/assets/47831/f710-gaming-gamepad-images.png
[/spoiler-box]

dejixal
Oct 1, 2013, 08:32 PM
If you like Dualshock controllers, why not use a ps3 controller?

pkemr4
Oct 1, 2013, 08:37 PM
if you own a ps3 or xbox 360. there is software online that can make those controllers work with your pc.

shachao
Oct 1, 2013, 08:37 PM
I think Xbox360. I master it to the point it like I am using M&K. :p

Jim
Oct 1, 2013, 08:50 PM
Edit: Crap, I forgot to mention that the advantage to the Xbox PC adapter is that you could try to get a wireless dualshock-like controller to use with it. That way, you can get the ergonomics you like with the compatibility of the 360 drivers. Not sure what options there are for that, but if you can find something you like that's compatible, the 360 drivers are the ones Devs like to cater to. Hell, PSO2 can show the 360 color-coded buttons on your HUD.

[SPOILER-BOX]Definitely go with the 360 PC adapter.

You can get a wireless 360 controller bundled with it by clicking here (http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Xbox-Wireless-Controller-Windows/dp/B004QRKWKQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1380678342&sr=8-1&keywords=xbox+360+wireless+controller+for+pc).

I'm kind of done with Microsoft, but this was designed before they went to shit, and is the standard for PC gamepads by a landslide for a reason. There's no substitute.

Also, if you're good at troubleshooting drivers and such, you can get a knockoff version (http://www.amazon.com/HDE-Wireless-Receiver-compatible-Xbox-controller/dp/B0096PLB9O/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1380678342&sr=8-3&keywords=xbox+360+wireless+controller+for+pc) dirt cheap. It requires you to overwrite the drivers manually once in a while, but besides that, works just as good. If you aren't good at troubleshooting drivers, don't get the fake one.[/SPOILER-BOX]

I think Xbox360. I master it to the point it like I am using M&K. :p

Counter-Strike vids or it didn't happen!

Yutaka20
Oct 1, 2013, 08:55 PM
I have the Logictech F710. Wireless dual shock, and it comes with x-input, which gives you the right button layout if you select the option in game.

[spoiler-box]
[/spoiler-box]

i would go with Kion's suggestion,i am also using this controller for the pass 6 months in pso2
the toggle stick is a bit higher then ps3.
so u will need some get use to for a while.
but once u are ok with it the controller is a thumbs up :3

GradationAir
Oct 1, 2013, 08:55 PM

[spoiler-box]
[/spoiler-box]

I read about it. Mostly the problem I have is that with my current set up bound by my gaming experience, I use L2 as block, R2 as lockon(very old habit). That leaves L1 (switch between weapon 5&6 for triple dashing) and R1 for sub-palette. Before I used a combination of L1 and DPAD, but the problem with that is triple dashing requires you to hold down movement stick, and you can't really press DPAD and stick at same time...

To use sub-palette while say charging a technic and jumping as well as moving, the options are fairly limited. I use Triangle/Square/Circle for that, add L1&L1+R1 to get up to 6 sub-palette capable of that (rest being things like stances and such).

However, this is somewhat uncomfortable to hold say L1+R1+square, or so, and you can't release any of the button until a technic is released. Also possible to end up switching weapons or so.

That's why I'm seeking more shoulderbuttons. I know my set up may not be most efficient when it comes to PSO2, but I find it too late to change my basic scheme when it comes to guarding/dodging/jumping/etc.

If you like Dualshock controllers, why not use a ps3 controller?

As I have said, I'm seeking more buttons.

Rexob
Oct 1, 2013, 09:07 PM
I used a standard 360 controller for a while and then got the Razer Sabertooth which I like a lot. The Razer Sabertooth cannot add button functions, but it does allow the user to remap buttons to 6 extra buttons which are incredibly helpful - The Sabertooth is fairly pricey though if just buying for one game. I use mine for a variety of games and do not mind, but otherwise a standard 360 isn't bad, and I personally have never liked the dualshock design or feel.

FightFans
Oct 1, 2013, 09:09 PM
xbox 360 controller hands down the best

Yutaka20
Oct 1, 2013, 09:11 PM
the logitech 710 also let's you do remapping. But the program itself is non-substantial. But if u are using it for pso2.it's not erally a prob forany controller .since u can map keys in the game itself.
it all rounds down to 1 point : u want it wireless or wired

Inazuma
Oct 1, 2013, 09:16 PM
The Razer Sabertooth is indeed the best controller currently available. The best thing about it is the four back buttons. The second best thing is the 6 shoulder buttons. When you use the Sabertooth, you can easily reach and use every button on the controller. Combine this with Joy2Key software and you can put every single function on your controller and quickly access it.

Unfortunately, all Sabertooths are defective. The problem is the left and right bumpers. It's not a matter of IF, but of WHEN one of them will break. I've been using Sabertooth controllers since Jan 2013 and I am on my 8th one. That's right, 7 of them had a bumper break.

Thankfully, the Sabertooth comes with a one year warranty. Razer is overall good but a tad slow when it comes to getting a replacement controller. From the moment your controller breaks, it will take a couple of weeks before you get a replacement.

If you do decide to go with the Sabertooth, there is only one way to do it. You have to buy 2 Sabertooths, so you have one to use while you are trying to get the other replaced. This will cost you $200 per year, plus $5 every time a controller breaks due to shipping charges.

Despite all of the bullshit, when the Sabertooth is working, it's the best controller ever. Good luck.

GradationAir
Oct 1, 2013, 09:18 PM
I used a standard 360 controller for a while and then got the Razer Sabertooth which I like a lot. The Razer Sabertooth cannot add button functions, but it does allow the user to remap buttons to 6 extra buttons which are incredibly helpful - The Sabertooth is fairly pricey though if just buying for one game. I use mine for a variety of games and do not mind, but otherwise a standard 360 isn't bad, and I personally have never liked the dualshock design or feel.

I'm pretty paranoid so I find the fact that the two sticks aren't symmetrical slightly bothering.

Yes I mostly just want a few more buttons for the index finger so I can do L4(?) + button and R4 + button for sub-palettes.

What I'm worried about Sabertooth is the quality, from a number of people they seemed to be awfully fragile and sticks go offcenter often.

I'm getting a new pad because my old one is breaking down anyways, might as well as get one that is most useful.

The Razer Sabertooth is indeed the best controller currently available. The best thing about it is the four back buttons. The second best thing is the 6 shoulder buttons. When you use the Sabertooth, you can easily reach and use every button on the controller. Combine this with Joy2Key software and you can put every single function on your controller and quickly access it.

Unfortunately, all Sabertooths are defective. The problem is the left and right bumpers. It's not a matter of IF, but of WHEN one of them will break. I've been using Sabertooth controllers since Jan 2013 and I am on my 8th one. That's right, 7 of them had a bumper break.

Thankfully, the Sabertooth comes with a one year warranty. Razer is overall good but a tad slow when it comes to getting a replacement controller. From the moment your controller breaks, it will take a couple of weeks before you get a replacement.

If you do decide to go with the Sabertooth, there is only one way to do it. You have to buy 2 Sabertooths, so you have one to use while you are trying to get the other replaced. This will cost you $200 per year, plus $5 every time a controller breaks due to shipping charges.

Despite all of the bullshit, when the Sabertooth is working, it's the best controller ever. Good luck.

Sure sounds like a load of BS... Maybe would be faster if I buy from a retail store but having to replace them definitely puts me off.

Yutaka20
Oct 1, 2013, 10:44 PM
lol geta expensive controller only to know that it has a chance to break ><
"i arent got no time for that!"
the controller i am using last me for so long :x
the only defect is the battery .

gotta change it every 3`4 months due to long hour useage,
setting wise is just like a PS3 dual shock.
controller comes with 2 mode .so u can either use set 1 or set 2 with a click of the mode button

R/L 2 requires a bit more pressure to press though.maybe they know that ppl will be spamming it so the spring within is more stronger then normal PS3 controller. u can go check out the specs . and to top it off.it's way cheaper then those branded ones :3
but if u are rich go for the brands then :p

GradationAir
Oct 1, 2013, 11:40 PM
lol geta expensive controller only to know that it has a chance to break ><
"i arent got no time for that!"
the controller i am using last me for so long :x
the only defect is the battery .

gotta change it every 3`4 months due to long hour useage,
setting wise is just like a PS3 dual shock.
controller comes with 2 mode .so u can either use set 1 or set 2 with a click of the mode button

R/L 2 requires a bit more pressure to press though.maybe they know that ppl will be spamming it so the spring within is more stronger then normal PS3 controller. u can go check out the specs . and to top it off.it's way cheaper then those branded ones :3
but if u are rich go for the brands then :p

I'm mostly interested in multiple shoulder buttons, but if there are no viable solutions I'd just get another DS3... or wait for DS4?

Inazuma
Oct 2, 2013, 12:11 AM
Dual Shock 4 has less buttons than the Dual Shock 3. The Xbox One controller has the same amount of buttons as the Xbox 360 controller. I am very disappointed with both of these. How come no one added back buttons like on the Sabertooth?

The only new controller that looks interesting is the one from Steam.

GradationAir
Oct 2, 2013, 12:13 AM
Dual Shock 4 has less buttons than the Dual Shock 3. The Xbox One controller has the same amount of buttons as the Xbox 360 controller. I am very disappointed with both of these. How come no one added back buttons like on the Sabertooth?

The only new controller that looks interesting is the one from Steam.

I thought the touchpad count as 2 buttons, and digital inputs are much more responsive than 3's analog. I also believe trackpads will be a big flop, though that's just me.

Variant
Oct 2, 2013, 12:19 AM
I've been switching between my PS1 and PS2 dualshock controllers, they both work really well, and I remember being impressed at how well the default controls worked when I used them during Alpha.

The adapter was some 2$ thing I got off Ebay, but it hasn't broken at all in the ~4 years I've been using it.

I didn't have the option of the PS3 controller back then though, so maybe that's a better option. I'd stick with Dualshock 2 though, just because it's pretty cheaps and I like the weight, not too heavy, not too light.

xEchidna
Oct 2, 2013, 12:19 AM
Interesting.... (not really)
lol, i figured that i would be the only one who uses the wiiU game tablet
Anyway, i have literally no problems seeing as all my F nd number keys are on the tablet screen and i can just tap them for quick use.
and I can add other buttons to the screen to tap also, its the best game controller i have ever used for PC games
just stupid crazy to set up, and some times annoying because i have to change the setup for each game (and some times i forget)

Edit: oh and its 4-5hr (some times 6hrs!!) battery life kinda sucks... but you CAN play with the charger plunged in, but its not a very long cord... :/

GradationAir
Oct 2, 2013, 12:39 AM
Anyway, i have literally no problems seeing as all my F nd number keys are on the tablet screen and i can just tap them for quick use.
and I can add other buttons to the screen to tap also, its the best game controller i have ever used for PC games
just stupid crazy to set up, and some times annoying because i have to change the setup for each game (and some times i forget)

Edit: oh and its 4-5hr (some times 6hrs!!) battery life kinda sucks... but you CAN play with the charger plunged in, but its not a very long cord... :/

I would hate to look at the tablet screen every time trying to use a skill and HOLD it to charge a technic. plus jumping during that is also another question.

I've been switching between my PS1 and PS2 dualshock controllers, they both work really well, and I remember being impressed at how well the default controls worked when I used them during Alpha.

The adapter was some 2$ thing I got off Ebay, but it hasn't broken at all in the ~4 years I've been using it.

I didn't have the option of the PS3 controller back then though, so maybe that's a better option. I'd stick with Dualshock 2 though, just because it's pretty cheaps and I like the weight, not too heavy, not too light.

Yeah, as I have said I like the Dualshock scheme.

JC200X
Oct 2, 2013, 12:45 AM

I use a DualShock 3 controller and personally, I'd rather use a DualShock 2 over it. For TAing, I frequently dash with twin daggers and the DualShock 3's "triggers" make my wrist sore after a while sometimes. That and they feel pretty slippery compared to the DualShock 2's L2 and R2 buttons.

The only thing the DualShock 3 has over DualShock 2 is wireless connectivity. Which I don't use.

Inazuma
Oct 2, 2013, 12:51 AM
I use a DualShock 3 controller and personally, I'd rather use a DualShock 2 over it. For TAing, I frequently dash with twin daggers and the DualShock 3's "triggers" make my wrist sore after a while sometimes. That and they feel pretty slippery compared to the DualShock 2's L2 and R2 buttons.

The only thing the DualShock 3 has over DualShock 2 is wireless connectivity. Which I don't use.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Playstation-3-Ergonomic-Trigger-Attachment-Sixaxis-Dual-Shock-3-Controller-PS3-/320943132880?pt=US_Video_Gaming_Replacement_Parts_ Tools&hash=item4ab9b390d0

You have to use a trigger attachment like this. Trying to play with the normal triggers is absolutely horrible. It's like Sony never tested their controller.

JC200X
Oct 2, 2013, 01:01 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Playstation-3-Ergonomic-Trigger-Attachment-Sixaxis-Dual-Shock-3-Controller-PS3-/320943132880?pt=US_Video_Gaming_Replacement_Parts_ Tools&hash=item4ab9b390d0

You have to use a trigger attachment like this. Trying to play with the normal triggers is absolutely horrible. It's like Sony never tested their controller.

I've never known such a thing existed. Thank you.

xEchidna
Oct 2, 2013, 01:06 AM
I would hate to look at the tablet screen every time trying to use a skill and HOLD it to charge a technic. plus jumping during that is also another question.

all i do is glance down every now and then its not that bad lol
and most of the things i use frequently i know exactly where they are.

and i should clarify, i have it set so that some things (like techs) i have to double tap the buttons on the screen to make them work normal, and tapping them once only highlights them and i have the left bumper set to use them so i can still jump or dash and use techs.

all i have to do is take my right hand tap a button where most of them i have memorized now, i don't even have to look most of the time.
(and the game shows you on screen which is highlighted anyway so... if you miss tap again its not hard.)

Edit: also the buttons are kinda big so they are kinda hard to miss when you know the general area to tap xD.....

GradationAir
Oct 2, 2013, 02:19 AM
all i do is glance down every now and then its not that bad lol
and most of the things i use frequently i know exactly where they are.

and i should clarify, i have it set so that some things (like techs) i have to double tap the buttons on the screen to make them work normal, and tapping them once only highlights them and i have the left bumper set to use them so i can still jump or dash and use techs.

all i have to do is take my right hand tap a button where most of them i have memorized now, i don't even have to look most of the time.
(and the game shows you on screen which is highlighted anyway so... if you miss tap again its not hard.)

Edit: also the buttons are kinda big so they are kinda hard to miss when you know the general area to tap xD.....

I know it's just me, I'd prefer using a skill directly without having to highlight, and touchscreen isn't really my thing.

boomboom
Oct 2, 2013, 03:26 AM
im just wishing for xbox gamepad to have a 1~6 numpad for wep pallete
maybe i detach the board and attach it to my gamepad lol
while im on it i'll also attach 1~0 num keys too
boira! [C] the stupid and dumb of ultimate control!
for sub pallete will just do with up down dpad
can someone make a picture of what my "[C] the stupid and dumb of ultimate control" will look like?

edit: simple say, i want a gamepad with 16 extra button just to play this game, stupid right?
imagine where they will need to put the buttons

Inazuma
Oct 2, 2013, 03:49 AM
im just wishing for xbox gamepad to have a 1~6 numpad for wep pallete
maybe i detach the board and attach it to my gamepad lol
while im on it i'll also attach 1~0 num keys too
boira! [C] the stupid and dumb of ultimate control!
for sub pallete will just do with up down dpad
can someone make a picture of what my "[C] the stupid and dumb of ultimate control" will look like?

edit: simple say, i want a gamepad with 16 extra button just to play this game, stupid right?
imagine where they will need to put the buttons

You can already do this with Joy2Key. It's PC software that lets you use keyboard keys from your controller. You can configure toggles to let you change the function on all of the buttons, giving you space to add more buttons.

I can do pretty much everything from my Sabertooth controller thanks to Joy2Key. Even stuff like auto-run/follow and camera zoom out are set to my controller.

boomboom
Oct 2, 2013, 04:10 AM
You can already do this with Joy2Key. It's PC software that lets you use keyboard keys from your controller. You can configure toggles to let you change the function on all of the buttons, giving you space to add more buttons.

I can do pretty much everything from my Sabertooth controller thanks to Joy2Key. Even stuff like auto-run/follow and camera zoom out are set to my controller.

yeah, already tried that, and not satisfied, dont really like button combination......
i just want mind controlled gamepad......ignore me, <- stupid

Darki
Oct 2, 2013, 04:17 AM
i just want mind controlled gamepad......ignore me, <- stupid

Lol who doesn't.

For me, the best controller I've ever used to play games with similar gameplay as PSO2 is the Splitfish FragFX paired with Xpadder/JoytoKey:

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.ctrlaltkill.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/splitfishxbox360.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Between keyboard + mouse and gamepad, I think this has the best of both worlds. You can switch between TPS mode and normal camera without having to claw your controller or significantly modify the button locations. It has more buttons than any normal controller, since the "nunchuck" has an extra shoulder button and another start/reset like button, and the mouse wheel alone can map 5 functions as well (scroll up/down, left, right and middle-click). In total there are like 18 buttons not counting the D-Pad, and they're fully mappable, unlike the Razer Sabertooth that can only emulate existing XImput buttons.

Unfortunately the great fault of this thing is the drivers support. It has two settings: "keyboard mode" and "gamepad mode". In the first mode, everything is mapped as a keyboard (joystick maps to WASD keys) and the mouse works normally. In the second mode, everything is mapped to normal gamepad functions, and the mouse stops working as a "mouse" and instead works as the right analog stick, so you can't move the mouse with it anymore. Moreover, it moves kinda slow and it can't be sped up because the product was made to be used with PS3/Xbox 360 which have a range cap on the joysticks.

This basically means that if you play on the first setting, you don't have analog movement. This is not too serious, so it works fine for most people, but if you are like me who loves to move his character slow sometimes and make it walk, it's a hassle. If you try the second mode, analog comes back but the camera moves very awkwardly.

Even so, with JoyToKey and Xpadder I managed to keep the "gamepad mode" active and emulate the mouse movement, so I got to keep analog sticks and normal mouse movement, which is just awesome. Alternatively, you could use the nunchuck set on gamepad, and use a different gaming mouse and it would work as well (or even buy another FragFX and use the two USB receivers together, setting one as "gamepad mode" for the nunchuck and another as "keyboard mode" for the mouse, if you're not short on bucks. I wonder if they'd sell me another USB dongle if I mail them, I gotta try).

boomboom
Oct 2, 2013, 04:39 AM
Lol who doesn't.

For me, the best controller I've ever used to play games with similar gameplay as PSO2 is the Splitfish FragFX paired with Xpadder/JoytoKey:

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.ctrlaltkill.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/splitfishxbox360.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Between keyboard + mouse and gamepad, I think this has the best of both worlds. You can switch between TPS mode and normal camera without having to claw your controller or significantly modify the button locations. It has more buttons than any normal controller, since the "nunchuck" has an extra shoulder button and another start/reset like button, and the mouse wheel alone can map 5 functions as well (scroll up/down, left, right and middle-click). In total there are like 18 buttons not counting the D-Pad, and they're fully mappable, unlike the Razer Sabertooth that can only emulate existing XImput buttons.

Unfortunately the great fault of this thing is the drivers support. It has two settings: "keyboard mode" and "gamepad mode". In the first mode, everything is mapped as a keyboard (joystick maps to WASD keys) and the mouse works normally. In the second mode, everything is mapped to normal gamepad functions, and the mouse stops working as a "mouse" and instead works as the right analog stick, so you can't move the mouse with it anymore. Moreover, it moves kinda slow and it can't be sped up because the product was made to be used with PS3/Xbox 360 which have a range cap on the joysticks.

This basically means that if you play on the first setting, you don't have analog movement. This is not too serious, so it works fine for most people, but if you are like me who loves to move his character slow sometimes and make it walk, it's a hassle. If you try the second mode, analog comes back but the camera moves very awkwardly.

Even so, with JoyToKey and Xpadder I managed to keep the "gamepad mode" active and emulate the mouse movement, so I got to keep analog sticks and normal mouse movement, which is just awesome. Alternatively, you could use the nunchuck set on gamepad, and use a different gaming mouse and it would work as well (or even buy another FragFX and use the two USB receivers together, setting one as "gamepad mode" for the nunchuck and another as "keyboard mode" for the mouse, if you're not short on bucks. I wonder if they'd sell me another USB dongle if I mail them, I gotta try).

people doesnt ignore me, so here's my harder demand
i want an A.I. that play pso2 purpectly by itself
general command by just a click of button
-attack all out-
-defensive focus after aggroing-
-ranged/keep distance-
-fallback/escape-
-guard/cover-
-free will-
ignore me, <- stupid

Yutaka20
Oct 2, 2013, 04:40 AM
Lol who doesn't.

eh is xpadder a paid emulator? i was looking at it .but it lead me to a forum that asks for money in order to download :/
and will it work for wifi based controller or just purely a wired controller?

Darki
Oct 2, 2013, 05:00 AM
Xpadder is a paid emulator indeed, but it costs like 5 bucks for a forum account (you can download any version for free as many times as you want and the mods there are really helpful), and I'm pretty sure you can find it for "free" by other, eh, illegitimate means. <_<

Xpadder should work with anything that has directImput and/or XIimput based buttons, I have yet to find a gamepad that doesn't work with it. It even worked with a Wii Classic Controller plugged with a USB adaptor. I think as long as the drivers say that it's a gamepad, it should work.

In any case, you can just ask the dev for your particular gamepad. Or search in Goggle your gamepad's model and "Xpadder" and see if there's anything mentioned at all.

-attack all out-
-ranged/keep distance-
-fallback/escape-
-guard/cover-
-free will-
ignore me, <- stupid

I believe that's called a bot, and it should exist already... But it's against the TOS. <_<

Yutaka20
Oct 2, 2013, 07:36 AM
dont bother with bots .pso2 isnt likeother games where u cvan kill and afk at one corner to lvl.even if u wanna bot.it wont last.and to lvl up u gotta do co to really lvl.monster exp dont help much

Gama
Oct 2, 2013, 08:19 AM
i have this lil bugger.

http://www.buypakistan.com/images/products/originals/17361.png

it works fine with the game, it comes with profiler software thats pretty simple to use, wich alowed me to acess all subpallete elements, and ad map autorun and some chat shortcuts.

theyre cheap, andi have mine since psu was launched so.... 2006 standing heavy use for 7 years, aside from the sticker on the back, it looks new.

logitech build was very good back then.

the downside of it is that you need to setup the controller ingame, and you need to setup the prfiler aswell, but i have saved profiles for both if youre interested.

you have the new one here
http://pinnaclegameprofiler.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4724&d=1374027708
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-940-000110-Gamepad-F310/dp/B003VAHYQY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1380720056&sr=8-1&keywords=logitech+dual+action

it uses xinput or direct input so youre free to use default or custom mappings.

and you have the old bugger here
http://i65.servimg.com/u/f65/11/85/21/86/1736410.png

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-12-Button-Gamepad-Programmable-Buttons/dp/B003POCEWU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1380720056&sr=8-3&keywords=logitech+dual+action

im not familiar with the quality of their new products but the xinput and princing seem cool on the first link.

i hope this helps!

hyjin
Oct 2, 2013, 08:20 AM
Im just using an AfterGlow Controller from Gamestop and it works pretty well. It's a ps3 controller but with xbox layout so its comfortable.

boomboom
Oct 2, 2013, 08:42 AM
I believe that's called a bot, and it should exist already... But it's against the TOS. <_<

no, i dont believe theres a bot as advanced as the "smart" A.I. i was demanding for this kind of game. if we do we wont live like this right now, life would be different *put on god face (wth is god face?)
unless u can provide me with one ofc, i'll probabaly worship u
lets stop this, please ignore me, i dont wanna be the one ignoring people
ignore me...... <- stupid

ignika98
Oct 2, 2013, 09:01 AM

I for one am very curious on how you did this. Can you provide me the program that you used?

Gama
Oct 2, 2013, 09:56 AM
i googled it and found it right away. id use it but i dont own a wii u, and you cant buy the controller separatly.

yet

gigawuts
Oct 2, 2013, 10:05 AM
Kickass, they got Wii U controllers working on PCs? Time to get a Wii U.

Rexob
Oct 2, 2013, 10:24 AM
I'm pretty paranoid so I find the fact that the two sticks aren't symmetrical slightly bothering.

Yes I mostly just want a few more buttons for the index finger so I can do L4(?) + button and R4 + button for sub-palettes.

What I'm worried about Sabertooth is the quality, from a number of people they seemed to be awfully fragile and sticks go offcenter often.

I'm getting a new pad because my old one is breaking down anyways, might as well as get one that is most useful.

Sure sounds like a load of BS... Maybe would be faster if I buy from a retail store but having to replace them definitely puts me off.

I've had my Sabertooth for about 3 months now with pretty heavy play on it, over 500hrs already. I haven't had any issues and love it, but I'll see how it holds up, I still have my original 360 control I used for years though just in case.

Shinureal
Oct 2, 2013, 02:03 PM
I'm using an USB 360 controller, it works like charm on WIn7 and doesn't require any driver. Even though I'm still using the keyboard for like quick lobby actions and other stuff. But for online fighting games I'm using that chinese cheap dual shock controller and it works just fine :).

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.gamestop.ie/productImages/233975/3max.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Kion
Oct 2, 2013, 07:46 PM
-attack all out-
-ranged/keep distance-
-fallback/escape-
-guard/cover-
-free will-
ignore me, <- stupid

I tried making a bot*, but for this game it's a lot easier said than done. Botting itself relies on two things, 1) parsing the image for certain colors and 2) issuing key commands to the keyboard. For something like Wow, where you can continuously farm a certain area with specific mobs, you can leave it on automatic, and where there's a large enough player base to merit the development of one for sale and it's not too hard in the first place.

With pso2, you have randomly generated areas, very specific timing and attack patterns for different classes and different mobs. Bosses with various attack patterns, and being able to reset the mission you're on. The so called bots that are in the game are likely RMTer's, or maybe they're adapting other software for pso2. I doubt there is any software specifically written towards pso2.

*Reason: Simply programming practice. Wanted to see what writing one would take, if it was viable, and what kinds of algorithms from a computer science perspective it would take to write one. Gave up after two days because it's not worth the trouble it takes to write one.

boomboom
Oct 3, 2013, 02:44 AM
i too use chinese gamepad, intending to try that razer sabretooth just for its 6 extra button, but it will be hard to find in my area, its a small city, though its crowded.....(by small i mean poor, corruptor everywhere)
so if anyone know any other alternative gamepad with 6 extra button like that.....

@kion
no no please dont bother urself with my out of topic comment, im stupid
and no its not for something like farming or afk lvling, its more like A.I. partner, similar like one already in game, npc partner, support partner, friend parter, but for player character, say online on different client, but more complex and more "smarter", maybe like say a deep "conditional branch", each web of it for each kind of preset (-free will-, -go all out-) putting in every each possible situation to questions with more branching based of available action and checking the pallete to choose the best action and not focused on single target but also calculated environment height, surrounding enemy position and height, when and where to move out of dangerous or advantageous position with also calculating enemy action and behaviour with also checking surrounding player for something like heal, guard, cover fire for another player. and what about inventory managing? 8D
and you are right, its not worth it since likely no one will eventually need it lol
just go play jrpg on console instead
what definition of bot is?
ignore me....... <- stupid

edit: how good is bot for tera rising and dragon nest?

GradationAir
Oct 3, 2013, 04:36 AM
Speaking of Sabertooth, is there any place where I may acquire that in Toronto without shipping?

stl4jsp
Oct 3, 2013, 10:28 PM
Just use a wired xbox 360 controller. Thats what I use when I feel like playing with a controller, but nothing beats a mouse and keyboard!

Rexob
Oct 3, 2013, 11:05 PM
I've played PSO since the Dreamcast and I think it just feels weird with MKB...any other game I'm all MKB usually, but PSO I'm used to a controller lol.

Primetime1857
Oct 4, 2013, 01:58 AM
xbox360 usb wired controller is a win. it is simple to use. when i plugged my controller in, windows downloaded and installed drivers automatically, worked great with no configuration. also, the xbox controller layout is good for gaming. bumpers and triggers placed really well, comfortable in the hands when executing commands. its still a rare occasion for me to use controller tho, i usually stick to keyboard and mouse. :)

GradationAir
Oct 4, 2013, 01:03 PM
I've played PSO since the Dreamcast and I think it just feels weird with MKB...any other game I'm all MKB usually, but PSO I'm used to a controller lol.

I don't like 3D hack'n'slash games on keyboard since it only gives you 8 directions and lacks the ability to walk.

xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox

As I have said in the first post I'm looking for shoulder buttons, otherwise I'd just go with dualshock.

Alia
Oct 4, 2013, 03:57 PM
I use a PS3 controller, connected via the USB cable.
I use this software:
http://www.motioninjoy.com/

GradationAir
Oct 4, 2013, 11:06 PM
I use a PS3 controller, connected via the USB cable.
I use this software:
http://www.motioninjoy.com/

I'm undecided about waiting for PS4 controller since it's just around the corner.

D-Inferno
Oct 4, 2013, 11:21 PM
I used a Logitech F710 for a while but the connection for it would occasionally drop for me, so I switched to PS3 controller.

GradationAir
Dec 7, 2013, 05:21 PM
Update, Got Dualshock 4 controllers, very satisfied with the performance. Good bluetooth support and improvement on L2/R2, looking forward to touchpad/mic/earphone support in future.

TaigaUC
Dec 7, 2013, 05:49 PM
I was using an old Logitech gamepad.
I'm using a PS3 Dual Shock controller now. It's great.

I've read that Motion in Joy uses tons of resources and has ads, so this (http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller) is what I'm using.
Works perfectly for me, but I don't play PSO2 using a gamepad. I use it for other games.

I've heard that some people don't like the PS4 sticks, so they replaced them with PS3 ones.

red1228
Dec 7, 2013, 06:18 PM
I use a 3rd party (although it looks damn-near identical to the real MicroSoft ones... just no logo's) wired Xbox360 Controller.

I plugged it in, waited maybe 6 seconds for its drivers to auto-install & bam: Perfectly working, no-stupid-confusing-settings-menu & should I ever need to take it out (for whatever reason) it literally is a "Plug In & Go" controller.

landman
Dec 8, 2013, 03:31 AM
If you want more buttons, maybe that's what you want:

http://i43.tinypic.com/33y2ij7.jpg

EvilMag
Dec 8, 2013, 03:35 AM

I didn't even know that exists.

Omega-z
Dec 8, 2013, 04:29 PM
I'm wondering if anyone tried out the Pro U / Classic Pro U controller with this game?

Noc Codez
Dec 8, 2013, 04:52 PM

Link pls would love to know where to get this .. lol

Edit forget it found it... http://www.play-asia.com/phantasy-star-universe-original-usb-gamepad-paOS-13-49-en-70-5ne1.html

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii548/tatiana8112/take-my-money.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/tatiana8112/media/take-my-money.jpg.html)

gigawuts
Dec 8, 2013, 05:03 PM

ha ha ha what the fuck

this can't be real

edit: oh my god it's real, what the fuck

Noc Codez
Dec 8, 2013, 05:05 PM
Giga you and I both know know you want it... Shit I know I do :3

Cyron Tanryoku
Dec 8, 2013, 05:06 PM
I'm wondering if anyone tried out the Pro U / Classic Pro U controller with this game?
Couldn't get it to work

Omega-z
Dec 8, 2013, 05:58 PM
Cyron Tanryoku That wouldn't be an issue any more since you can get a WiiU's Tab on it you can totally get Pro U on it as well. But having anyone that had done it is my question.

Update: Just get this and your set "Mayflash's Wireless Wii U Pro Controller to PC USB Adapter".

Inazuma
Dec 9, 2013, 12:45 AM

OMG wow. How come we never knew about this before? Does anyone have more info on it?

landman
Dec 9, 2013, 03:50 AM
I'm actually not sure if you can map numbers on the extra keys, they are supposed to be F1-12 keys...

Another solution would be PS3/360 pad and manage to install the keyboard (messenger kit/etc)... I know I was unable to install the 360 one when I tried (if it is even possible...)

Edit: apparently the ps3 keypad is compatible with motioninjoy

Gama
Dec 9, 2013, 06:20 AM
gonna try sharing my current setup.

big image because i wanted to.

[SPOILER-BOX]https://copy.com/xH3uvJnvm34dvK7R[/SPOILER-BOX]

Houten
Dec 9, 2013, 08:41 AM
For those that want sabertooth. The bumper button and the extra pair of shoulder button seem to only be able to be assigned the buttons on the controller. Synapse doesnt recgnoize the controller and can't assign them macros or even the keyboard numbers.

Gama
Dec 9, 2013, 10:05 AM
For those that want sabertooth. The bumper button and the extra pair of shoulder button seem to only be able to be assigned the buttons on the controller. Synapse doesnt recgnoize the controller and can't assign them macros or even the keyboard numbers.

they seem to break easy too.

Shinureal
Dec 9, 2013, 10:10 AM
How about a 360 controller for fighting in the fields and a keyboard for chatting in the lobby? that's what I do, because my keyboard/mouse are always close to me.

Dzusaki
Dec 10, 2013, 11:49 PM
I personally use my PS3 controller and use Motion joy to emulate a Xbox 360 controller.

Rashiid
Dec 10, 2013, 11:54 PM
I find the wired Xbox 360 controller the easiest (no outside programs required) and most comfortable to use. I only need the N key on my keyboard to bring up the big map to figure out where a section is, as well as chatting.

Chik'Tikka
Dec 11, 2013, 01:35 PM
i have a 360 pad (limited Gears of War 3 one), been very good to me, and PSO2 lets you map buttons how you want and even change symbols in game to match 360 pad button schemes+^_^+ if your insistent on a Razor, get the Razor Onza, it's a better pad then Sabertooth from what i here, but personally, i like the OEM 360 pad the best, even with Force it's very usable+^_^+ just takes a minute to get used to it, and to remap it so it doesn't have the cruddy PSU mapping

GradationAir
Dec 14, 2013, 05:27 PM
gonna try sharing my current setup.

big image because i wanted to.

[SPOILER-BOX]https://copy.com/xH3uvJnvm34dvK7R[/SPOILER-BOX]

I use L1 for switching between 5 and 6

Up Down Left is for weapon slots, Right is lobby action.

L1+ directional = less useful quick slots

L1 + Triangle Square Circle = more useful slots, L1+R1+3 of them = mates

though might change in future when people expand on Dualshock 4's features like the touchpad.

The wireless feature is great.