PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star Online 2 Won’t Be Compatible with PS Vita TV

Manta Oyamada
Oct 2, 2013, 05:14 PM
If you hoped to play Phantasy Star Online 2 on the upcoming PS Vita TV (which is very likely to come west much before the game does, mind you), you’re in for a cold shower.

Sega just made a brief announcement stating that the game won’t be compatible with PS Vita TV. There’s also no word on future support, just the usual apologies for the inconvenience and thanks for understanding.

Considering that the game is also on PC, I guess those that want to play on a monitor are pretty much set, but doesn’t that mean that implementing an interface that doesn’t make use of the touch features shouldn’t be too hard?

This sure comes as unexpected news, considering that Sony and Sega jointly advertised the game for quite a while during the summer.

via : dualshockers

gigawuts
Oct 2, 2013, 05:15 PM
That's actually really surprising. It's a completely wasted opportunity :/

Lostbob117
Oct 2, 2013, 05:21 PM

SEGA seems to have a trend with wasting opportunities.

Shadowth117
Oct 2, 2013, 05:25 PM
SEGA seems to have a trend with wasting opportunities.

*thinks back to PSU USEU, canned PSP2I USEU, canned PSO2 USEU.... And that's only counting Phantasy Star titles*

Manta Oyamada
Oct 2, 2013, 05:25 PM
I agree

ShinMaruku
Oct 2, 2013, 06:46 PM

Not wasted if PSN is on vita tv.

Cyron Tanryoku
Oct 2, 2013, 06:47 PM
Hahaha

Lostbob117
Oct 2, 2013, 06:48 PM
*thinks back to PSU USEU, canned PSP2I USEU, canned PSO2 USEU.... And that's only counting Phantasy Star titles*

Yeah, Sonic games... You know the ones that had potential in being good.

Rosel
Oct 2, 2013, 07:11 PM
I'm pretty sure a lot of games won't be compatible with it at first.

Why would you need Vita TV for PSO2 of all things anyway? The game has 2006 graphics and can run on a toaster computer.

gigawuts
Oct 2, 2013, 07:22 PM

Why would you need Vita TV for PSO2 of all things anyway? The game has 2006 graphics and can run on a toaster computer.

Because not everyone has a toaster computer, and vita TVs will be 100 bucks so you can bet they'll sell like hotcakes.

But yes, Shin raises a valid point. PSN will be on it, and they won't want the two markets competing right away. I know I'll buy a vita TV for the vita titles I want to play, but not enough to buy a real vita for. Later on after PSN has sold the bulk of its volume they'll almost definitely put PSO2 on vita TV.

Lostbob117
Oct 2, 2013, 08:06 PM

Why would you need Vita TV for PSO2 of all things anyway? The game has 2006 graphics and can run like shit on a toaster computer.

Fixed this for ya.

yunamon
Oct 2, 2013, 08:55 PM
PSO2 Vita > Touch screen

Vita TV > No touch screen

Simple math.

UnLucky
Oct 2, 2013, 09:31 PM
But how will I play Monster Monpiece on Vita TV??

Rosel
Oct 2, 2013, 10:01 PM
Fixed this for ya.

Err, a toaster PC (5+ years old) could easily run PSO2 maxed... it has very old fashioned graphics. :-?

UnLucky
Oct 2, 2013, 10:26 PM
But my ten year old laptop runs the game pretty badly even with simple shaders!

That's not even a joke, I've had this laptop since early 2004 and it runs PSO2.

blace
Oct 2, 2013, 10:41 PM
I've seen the game run worse on the Vita than it does on a toaster and I own the game on Vita. Only during peak hours of course, but that's still something to consider.