PDA

View Full Version : Advance Quest still viable?

UMVC3_Wolverine
Oct 3, 2013, 04:32 AM
For LVLing?

I haven't done a AQ in months, but back when I did them they were great for LVLing. But I heard that that the exit burst have been nerfed.

My new character is currently 52/52 and now that the buffed up DF is gone I can't find any high EXP paying quest.

So i'm thinking of going back to AQ's, but are they still good for lvling?

GradationAir
Oct 3, 2013, 04:35 AM
They're still not bad if you just pretended that PSEs never existed.

I didn't think the 60 enemies quest are bad though, being 20k~30k

jooozek
Oct 3, 2013, 05:15 AM
if you can find parties for them they are still better than quarry/coast/sanctum mainly due the PSEs and infections amounts

Lostbob117
Oct 3, 2013, 07:44 AM
If you can play a quest for hours or an hour, I suggest coast or quarry. Depending on when their boost day is. You get rare enemies and rare equipment, and rare enemies pay a nice niche of EXP. Since people will be running it; you'll be able to easily get a 12/12 MPA.

KuroKanden
Oct 3, 2013, 09:01 AM
AQs are still viable if you have long term parties willing to run with ya. Its just quite sad that ever since the PSE nerf people have been moaning about AQs being pointless. Apart from the occasional rares, 3~4 slot weapon/unit Lv III stats still nets you decent money.

With that said, you might want to focus on the ongoing coast/quarry event now.

Coatl
Oct 3, 2013, 09:39 AM
AQs use to be so fun...but ever since Sega decided to give us boost weeks every week, there really isn't much point in AQing. I actually haven't AQed since they nerfed them.

Meji
Oct 3, 2013, 09:55 AM
AQs beat Quarry/Coast EXP by far if the risk is at least +9 or higher.
Infected enemies hand out so much EXP, and not to speak of LV3 infected rare bosses.

I mainly use to run AQs solo nowadays though, just for the challenge.

TaigaUC
Oct 3, 2013, 10:10 AM
This is kinda why I keep saying SEGA should add more content/modes of play that are fun to play regardless of objective, instead of stuff that relies heavily on goals like loot or exp.

I slowly get EXP from just running TA sometimes and the daily/Quarry/Sanctum/Beach Hans COs.
Too lazy to do anything else.
Was farming Extreme Quest during boost events, but I don't think the EXP there is anything amazing.

Each week I turn in all Franca and Kreshida's stuff, but they only give around 300k exp which is pretty useless past level 45 or so.
Could just do a single Falz EQ instead for the same kind of exp.

UMVC3_Wolverine
Oct 3, 2013, 02:49 PM
Damn that sucks, so from the looks of it they did nerf the exit burst pretty badly =/

MetalDude
Oct 3, 2013, 02:53 PM
There are still ways to manipulate them off certain corners, but in general they're still atrocious. Poor spawn timers, enemies are spawned a good distance away from you, and it barely spawns that many enemies to begin with. I tend to avoid doing bursts at all solo because it's just killing one enemy over and over as they respawn every 2 seconds.

UMVC3_Wolverine
Oct 3, 2013, 02:58 PM
So what's my best bet of getting to 60/60 now? Unfortunately I was only able to make it to 52/52 during the buffed up DF.

Back to MPA days? lol

UnLucky
Oct 3, 2013, 03:06 PM
Well, they're the same as anything really, since bursts were nerfed across the board. They still have lv60 enemies and higher infection rates, though.

Best bet for leveling is to AFK for Falz. Until then, do your dailies and join whatever 12/12 MPA you can find.

Rakurai
Oct 4, 2013, 03:26 AM
Wonder if they'll have Super Hard AQs down the line to keep them somewhat relevant.

Exiled_Gundam
Oct 4, 2013, 03:27 AM
Wonder if they'll have Super Hard AQs down the line to keep them somewhat relevant.
Or better, change the enemy level to 5 level higher than SH :P

Yutaka20
Oct 4, 2013, 04:45 AM
So what's my best bet of getting to 60/60 now? Unfortunately I was only able to make it to 52/52 during the buffed up DF.

Back to MPA days? lol

my advice for u is..
keep calm and wait for SVH to come in a few days time. exp would most probably be over 9000! :)
for now it's a boring week.just do ur daily co and gain some exp lol

Coatl
Oct 4, 2013, 09:47 AM
I heard that Shougai is putting a stop to the slow spawn rate intervals of current PSE bursts. So AQs could potentially see the light of day again.