PDA

View Full Version : Unique Weapon Specific PAs?

Keyblade59
Oct 3, 2013, 11:10 AM
Does anyone think of that as a possibility? Like weapons with PAs that level with your character, or the PAs drop when you use the weapon to kill mobs? I'm shooting this out and seeing what people think about it if this was implemented. I guess that'd require upgraded version of that weapon, which technically has been seen, for spellstone weapons and natural upgrades like Banshee/Elena's Roar

Jaqlou Swig KING
Oct 3, 2013, 11:12 AM
Not in PSO2, no. Too interesting an idea. Even if it weren't implemented horribly.

Sp-24
Oct 3, 2013, 11:25 AM
It's almost beyond unlikely, and even if it was implemented, at best, it would be something like red Over End, Orchestra with sparks or Namegid with an anime face instead of a weird rune-thing. And it would unlock after you grind a weapon to +15 after bringing its hidden ability to level 5.

But yeah, just like Jaqlou said, not in PSO2. Not unless it makes you buy AC.

The Walrus
Oct 3, 2013, 02:48 PM
It would require effort on Sega's part so it won't ever happen.

MetalDude
Oct 3, 2013, 02:51 PM
Great idea. Like said though, Sega hates great ideas because they take effort.

Cyclon
Oct 4, 2013, 12:30 AM
OR they could have reduced the number of PAs per weapon type to 4, and put the extra on specific weapons. And you know the best part about this? You guys would probably would have liked it better that way.

Coatl
Oct 4, 2013, 09:49 AM
It's almost beyond unlikely, and even if it was implemented, at best, it would be something like red Over End, Orchestra with sparks or Namegid with an anime face instead of a weird rune-thing. And it would unlock after you grind a weapon to +15 after bringing its hidden ability to level 5.

But yeah, just like Jaqlou said, not in PSO2. Not unless it makes you buy AC.

But I swear I saw something like this in the preview to SH. There was a flower rod using nabarta but with water spewing out of it, instead of ice.

Sp-24
Oct 4, 2013, 09:51 AM
So they really are taking the worst possible route. What are the chances of it not being related to Dudu and Monica, I wonder.

Coatl
Oct 4, 2013, 09:56 AM
Look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kyunYkoXIU&feature=player_embedded

1:20 and onward.

The elder Rebellion of the TMG are blue bullets and not the default shots.
The flower wand spews water nabarta vs ice nabarta.

Keyblade59
Oct 4, 2013, 10:05 AM
By the looks of it, I guess we may be getting PA skins for certain weapons then, instead of a entirely new PA itself. Nevertheless it seems plausible but highly unlike for a separate PA.

supersonix9
Oct 4, 2013, 10:07 AM
eh, nah

Sanguine2009
Oct 4, 2013, 01:37 PM
we are also getting lv16 disks so maybe all lv16 PA/Techs look different? like in pso and psu how once they got to a certain lv they changed how they looked?

Kietsu
Oct 5, 2013, 09:35 AM
Nah, this is SEGA. There is literally zero chance that the alternate PA effects aren't something AC-Scratch related.

Sp-24
Oct 5, 2013, 11:10 AM
Not true, they can be locked behind grinding or affixing.

For example, you find a weapon with a "Light Foie" affix. It's level 1, comparable to a lv.5 Foie. But, it's on a worthless 6☆ weapon. So, you bring it to level 3 or 4 (equivalent of +5 level increments for disk techs/PAs), and then transfer it to your weapon that has Stat 3 (or is 4 popular now?), Soul, Ability 3 and Boost. Easy peasy.

Oh, you say it's still AC Scratch-related, since you need some serious protection to transfer a lot of affixes at once and add another one without losing any of them, since failure rates increase exponentially with every new affix you add? Well, so what, what are you, poor or something? lol what a casual, it's a free game anyway, why are you complaining, it's completely optional.

Kietsu
Oct 5, 2013, 03:25 PM
Well, I meant the alternate effects shown in the trailer - they were done during the usual LOOK AT ALL THE PRETTY WEAPONS segment of the thing, so chances are they're tied to specific rares / weapon skins or something. PAs specific to a weapon obviously wouldn't be a scratch thing, of course.

Sp-24
Oct 5, 2013, 03:29 PM
How about them being tied to synthesizing, then?

- Bring weapon's element to 50%
- Get "Advanced Synthesizer" from Recycle Shop (24 AC Scratch items)
- Weapon can get a "new" attack that's inherent, like the hidden ability, but weapon's element goes to 1%
- "Subarashiku un ga nai na, kimi wa"

Valimer
Oct 5, 2013, 05:31 PM
Interesting idea. I was thinking they should have weapon specific feats that are unlockable via challenges or "achievements".

for example, solo every boss on VH with a gunslash only: unlocks a feat that makes it so that your attack speed is increased by 30% with a gunslash while the gunslash is in melee mode. Something like that.

I think it would make weapons that are not use so much more viable with out having to add new OP PAs or weapon specific potentials forcing people to use that specific weapon.

Sp-24
Oct 5, 2013, 05:41 PM
Okay, THAT is too fun and interesting to be a part of PSO2, period. Just stop. Go away. We don't care about gameplay, we sell costumes and furniture that you then exchange at Recycle Shop.