PDA

View Full Version : For those of you who only have one character.

Coatl
Oct 4, 2013, 09:42 AM
Make a 2nd character before October 8th. :v You get more skill tree resets that way, and you can easily delete it afterwards.

That is all.

inb4 everyone makes "i accidentally deleted my main character" threads october 9th.

HIT0SHI
Oct 4, 2013, 09:51 AM
Oh really?!

I thought we were getting only 1 pass per account. Good to hear, thanks for the heads up!

Z-0
Oct 4, 2013, 09:56 AM
It's never been 1 pass per account, it's always been 1 for each character.

Gonna have 9 passes that update. <_>

HIT0SHI
Oct 4, 2013, 09:58 AM
It's never been 1 pass per account, it's always been 1 for each character.

Gonna have 9 passes that update. <_>

Oh sweet gezuz...

Lostbob117
Oct 4, 2013, 10:18 AM
Thanks for the heads up.

Emp
Oct 4, 2013, 10:28 AM
Make a 2nd character before October 8th. :v You get more skill tree resets that way, and you can easily delete it afterwards.

That is all.

inb4 everyone makes "i accidentally deleted my main character" threads october 9th.

U can delete it and remake it for free? I still havent used the freebie when duman update was introduced.

Zenobia
Oct 4, 2013, 10:31 AM
U can delete it and remake it for free? I still havent used the freebie when duman update was introduced.

Its been talked about already if you only had one char upon the second free slot was inputted you can delete that second char and remake as many times as you want.

But if you already had 2 chars and used your free slot in the third slot and delete it you lose it forever cause it treats that third slot as a AC slot.

HIT0SHI
Oct 4, 2013, 10:33 AM

If you only had 1 character at that time, the slot is free forever.
If you had more then 1 however, it would be like buying character with AC instead of the slot it self allowing you NOT to be able to re-create a character on said slot slot.

Gama
Oct 4, 2013, 11:00 AM
this has always made me confused.

example

person with 4 characters

A -free main default slot, on wich you can recreate to your hearths content
B -same as A if A was the only one used until B was ofered as slot for deuman population to flourish.
C - ac cannot recreate without paying again
D - ac cannot recreate without paying again

is this acurrate?

Meji
Oct 4, 2013, 11:02 AM
Getting another char before the update = 500AC
Resetting ONE skill tree = 500AC

Hm, totally worth getting a few other chars. w

TaigaUC
Oct 4, 2013, 11:06 AM
It's not like anyone should need that many skill tree resets.
If they make any significant changes, they'll give us another one anyway.
I still have multiple reset tickets left on all of my accounts except one, because I screwed up and wanted to get Fury Combo Up ASAP.

I guess you can use them for experimentation, but I'm under the impression that there are few worthwhile options for optimal output.
Most of the options are either amazing or rubbish. Maybe if you're bored, you can mess around with having a crazy defense build for a laugh.

Gama
Oct 4, 2013, 11:06 AM
if you have 2 chars you get 2 tickets, so 1 new char = 500 ac

2 tickets = 1000 ac.

._.

Shirai
Oct 4, 2013, 11:49 AM
Well...my campaign storage will have even more crap if it goes there.
Yaaaaaay...at this rate, will have enough resets to last the 10 years of PSO2.

Coatl
Oct 4, 2013, 12:38 PM
this has always made me confused.

example

person with 4 characters

A -free main default slot, on wich you can recreate to your hearths content
B -same as A if A was the only one used until B was ofered as slot for deuman population to flourish.
C - ac cannot recreate without paying again
D - ac cannot recreate without paying again

is this acurrate?

If you have 4 characters and you delete any of them,

1. The character is gone for good.
2. You have to pay AC to purchase another slot to make another character.

It's not like anyone should need that many skill tree resets.
If they make any significant changes, they'll give us another one anyway.

Meh, I guess. But having too many skill tree resets is never a bad thing. Also Sega never gave us skill tree resets for fixing the bug with Katanas not getting the charge bonus OR when they buffed fists and daggers, so..

Rosen Croix
Oct 4, 2013, 01:47 PM
I read throughout this thread and I'm still confused about the whole thing. I mean, I have one character, and I made him after the Deumans (Duman/Dewman?) update. It sounds really tempting to make a second one, but I'm feeling doubtful about this. Even making this post is confusing me because I don't know how to ask about this. -__-;

blace
Oct 4, 2013, 01:59 PM
That's pretty vague, not even sure what you're unsure of.

Are you unsure of creating a second character and the cost to create one or about the skill reset passes distributed?

Rosen Croix
Oct 4, 2013, 02:15 PM
That's pretty vague, not even sure what you're unsure of.

Are you unsure of creating a second character and the cost to create one or about the skill reset passes distributed?

That's why I said I was confused about this thread.

I planned out a second character before, in case I decided to finish my current one, but I guess it was both. I don't even know if I even have or gotten one of those skill reset things. I guess I was thinking about the character creation part of resetting something about the characters already made at the time I was reading it. I don't even know anymore. -__- I mean, I'm slowly working on my current skill trees, so I saw no need to reset them, but when I came across this thread, I was wondering what this was about. Read through all the posts, instant confusion.

blace
Oct 4, 2013, 02:35 PM
Skill resets are given out whenever they make changes to any of the trees or adding in new skills. It's, often times, better to take take advantage of the opportunity Sega gives every so often if you cannot purchase AC.

Z-0
Oct 4, 2013, 02:47 PM
All accounts have 2 free character slots, regardless of when the first character was created (before or after Episode 2). You'll be able to remake up to 2 characters without AC no matter what.

stl4jsp
Oct 4, 2013, 03:08 PM
cool time to make random characters!

Rosen Croix
Oct 4, 2013, 03:11 PM
Skill resets are given out whenever they make changes to any of the trees or adding in new skills. It's, often times, better to take take advantage of the opportunity Sega gives every so often if you cannot purchase AC.

So, should I just go ahead and make a new character for now? Might need to do more skill point grinding, I guess, but it sounds like having these resets are good. My current character's skill trees are fine for now, but I wish I can actually fix him. ;^; I don't have a way to get AC to fix him in the salon. But that's a totally different matter that I'm going to cut off.

PriestBelmondo
Oct 4, 2013, 03:40 PM
alright so If i had 3 characters and I delete one I have to use AC on that one. If I were to delete my 2nd character i'll be able to make another character for free?

Grady219
Oct 4, 2013, 03:51 PM
You are allowed 2 free characters at any given time. If own more than 2 and delete one of your characters you cannot remake it.

PokeminMaster
Oct 4, 2013, 04:03 PM
I think Grady219 is the only one to say it in the simplest way possible, as well as Coatl...

But anyway, back on topi, are we sure they'll be distributing a Skill Tree Reset Pass? They may be adding a couple Skills to each Tree and altering requirements, but at the same time, they're increasing the level cap.

It may only be a jump of 5 levels, but it seems almost uncharacteristic of SEGA to give out Skill Tree Reset Passes at all. That whole Free Character Slot thing threw me off too, though... XD

Alma
Oct 4, 2013, 04:21 PM
well, they say they will change the ice path req on FO tree and adding a bunch of new skill (in which we don't know the placement in the tree)

that more than enough reason to expect Sega will distributing Skill Tree Reset Pass.
or else people that already spend their point on it will be screwed.

PokeminMaster
Oct 4, 2013, 04:52 PM
They're only adding 2 Skills per Class, and many of them have placement that can be inferred, but I suppose the alterations do give enough reason for a reset pass... I know it's not much, but I just think they might consider the 5 SP to be enough, and possibly 10 if we get another CO, which I'm doubting, but it's plausible... I don't know, I might just be rambling now XD