PDA

View Full Version : Vita PS Vita Question

Munobu
Oct 5, 2013, 02:28 PM
I just ordered the PSO2 Premium Package thing for the PS Vita, and I want to go out and buy the console today. It'll take til the end of November for the game to get here, but I want to be able to play it on the Vita before then. I know that in order to download the game, my Vita will have to be set to Japanese.

My questions are:

Is the memory card that comes with the Vita large enough to hold the PSO2 download if that's the only thing on it?

Can I reset my Vita to English when the game cartridge gets here?

Will I be able to have my SEGA ID linked to my Vita regardless of whether or not I have it on my memory card or the game cartridge, even after I reset it?

Thanks in advance!

ReaperTheAbsol
Oct 5, 2013, 02:41 PM
1. What bundle has the memory card with it, and what's the capacity? A 4 gigabyte card will not be able to store the game's capacity, and I suggest you use something like a 16 gigabyte card just in case. I've already eaten through 5 gigabytes with just PSO2, screen shots and P4G alone. (I haven't even tallied up the rest of my data usage yet.)
2. You reset the PSN tied to your Vita.
3. No. It's dependent on the PSN you set up with.

Edit: 3's a strange case. You can change the Sega ID to a different PSN, but that involves a process of sending e-mails to and fro, and it's best to just stick it on the PSN you're gonna stick with. It's a one time change too, so if you're unhappy with the decision there's no turning back.

Munobu
Oct 5, 2013, 03:06 PM
Would you consider it that detrimental to just have my Vita in Japanese if I don't want to wait for the game to get here?

blace
Oct 5, 2013, 03:13 PM
That's only if you don't plan on getting any games for it besides PSO2 and other Japanese titles. You won't be able to download DLC for the other titles, unless you spend time and money getting Japanese prepaid PSN cards.

You can still play games from other regions on there, but don't expect DLC to work from one region to another.

ReaperTheAbsol
Oct 5, 2013, 03:14 PM
Not exactly, but if you want DLC for games in your region you'll be out of luck. The cartridge with your native PSN would be the optimal choice personally, but it all comes down personal preference and whether you care entirely or not.

Edit: Ninja'd.

Munobu
Oct 5, 2013, 03:32 PM
So if my Vita is in English, I won't be able to download DLC (which I assume patches are) for PSO2, even if I have the cartridge?

blace
Oct 5, 2013, 03:36 PM
Patches are saved to the server independent of Sony's interaction. Updates to games and such are separate over DLC.

PSO2 doesn't utilize any DLC as all purchases in the game come from AC.

Yamishi
Oct 5, 2013, 07:55 PM
As someone who had a Japanese PSN to start with, then got the physical copy and had to delink my Sega ID from that PSN to put it onto my EN PSN, I highly recommend waiting until the cartridge gets there and just using your EN PSN.

The wait will be excruciating, but not nearly as bad as dealing with Sega of Japan's technical support team (in Japanese!) to delink your Sega ID.

Mars Nalani
Oct 5, 2013, 09:00 PM
Wow. As a player interested in the Vita version, this is interesting info. I ended up making a specific email JUST for PSO2 on PC. I think I'll make a JPSN account with it just for PSO2 as well (to partly reserve my USPSN for if they ever give us an English Vita version). I plan on getting an 8GB card to dedicate to the game. If its just for PSO2, that should be big enough, right?

AsuravonD
Oct 5, 2013, 10:40 PM
Update coming tuesday night will require a 16gb since it'll exceed 8gb if DL only and exceed 4gb if cartridge and DL

Yamishi
Oct 6, 2013, 12:31 PM
Update coming tuesday night will require a 16gb since it'll exceed 8gb if DL only and exceed 4gb if cartridge and DL

Really!? Ouch...

(to partly reserve my USPSN for if they ever give us an English Vita version)

If an English Vita version comes out, it won't go through the same servers, and you'd be able to connect to both PSO2 versions depending on if you launch the game from the JP card or the EN download/card. In other words, your PSN won't be tied to only one version of PSO2.*

* Unless they give us universal, world-wide servers, but considering we're pretty sure we're not even getting an English version other than SEA...