PDA

View Full Version : Event Breast Cancer Awareness Month/PSO2

Chik'Tikka
Oct 6, 2013, 03:43 PM
Didn't see a thread about this, but I'd like to ask anyone and everyone playing PSO2 to wear a pink outfit and/or accessory for October's Save the Boobies with pink thingy+^_^+

well, some slogans+^_^+

Big or Small save them all
Show you care, be aware
Real men wear pink

If you can think of more breast cancer aware slogans, feel free to bump this thread with them!! +^_^+
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.minus.com/iZjONXO4rTK02.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

(awaits pic of several dozen pink rappies jumping)

for those that may want to do more then just spread awareness, plz feel free to donate or help some other way thru the BCRF or the NBCF websites (or any charity you prefer to help fight ANY cancer in ANY way)+^_^+
http://www.bcrfcure.org/
https://www.nationalbreastcancer.org/breast-cancer-donations

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QKxsiRYC9Q"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QKxsiRYC9Q

Jungo Torii
Oct 6, 2013, 03:53 PM
Not that raising awareness is a bad thing.

If you're not actually DOING anything for the cause, then what's the point? Perhaps set up a donation fund for players here to give to a research foundation. Though unfortunately, I'm not sure it would get much money or anything, considering how niche this community is.

Chik'Tikka
Oct 6, 2013, 04:09 PM
you have a good point, this community is really niche and i feel trying to do anything that involves asking money of the PSO-W community wouldn't really benefit much, so instead I'll link the NBCF donation page, if the mods don't like it, I'll take it down. I'm just spreading awareness cause save the boobies+^_^+

BIG OLAF
Oct 6, 2013, 04:18 PM
Anyway, good thread idea, actually. I donated. I'll switch to my pink heart glasses until October is over, too.

Chik'Tikka
Oct 6, 2013, 04:18 PM
There's nothing wrong with a flat chest+^_^+
but even men can get breast cancer+^_^+
also, not everyone plays with flat chest characters+^_^+ *looks at Cyron, OLAF, and about 10 dozen others*

Jungo Torii
Oct 6, 2013, 04:19 PM
Anyway, good thread idea, actually. I donated. I'll switch to my pink heart glasses until October is over, too.

Now you're gonna make me feel guilty that I didn't donate anything.

...Being poor and in college is terrible. Absolutely terrible.

Sayara
Oct 6, 2013, 04:22 PM
I mean, it'll be up to anyones own decision to donate or not. Its a commendable act to bring it up to peoples attentions who didnt know about the awareness month.

Chik'Tikka
Oct 6, 2013, 04:22 PM
Now you're gonna make me feel guilty that I didn't donate anything.

...Being poor and in college is terrible. Absolutely terrible.

that's my situation, so, since i can't really donate, i decided to help spread awareness+^_^+ now i feel good+^_^+

jooozek
Oct 6, 2013, 04:31 PM
how about next year we have a prostate cancer awareness month which was september
i mean
you can fondle boobs
and you can massage the prostate

Shirai
Oct 6, 2013, 04:36 PM
The thought of this thread is really nice.

Earlier when I went out to the city there was that walk for breast cancer.
I didn't know it was today and I felt horrible not being apart of it. To see people still went through with it even though it was pouring just put a smile on my face. It was just great to see many people so committed to doing it.

I really just wanted to get out of the car and just join all the people that gathered to walk. It's honestly just a beautiful thing to see.

Here's a picture of just my character trying to support by just wearing pink stuff, I wish I could embellish her in pink completely.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/q1s01Vf.jpg
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Zorafim
Oct 6, 2013, 04:43 PM
I'd join in, but it costs 10mil to color change on a cast.

Jim
Oct 6, 2013, 04:54 PM
I was just having a bit of a fashion identity crisis since I don't really like any of PSO2's outfits. This gives me an excuse to not worry about such things until November.

Also: boobies.

Count me in.

Aussei
Oct 6, 2013, 04:59 PM
I support your boobies. Boobies are wonderful. Unfortunately I'm not in the position to give.... But one day I plan on it.

VANNO
Oct 6, 2013, 06:08 PM
I'll also try to spread the word :) I know someone personally who is a breast cancer survivor and just how important it is to help spread the word. So, here is my ss of my ALT in pink.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://imageshack.us/a/img5/3753/7m3u.png
[/SPOILER-BOX]

PS: a little fairy told me about this thread XD

Takatsuki
Oct 6, 2013, 07:50 PM
What you SHOULD be aware of is that the Susan G. Komen foundation is a SCAM.

They are a charity for "Breast Cancer Awareness".

You what that means? No, it doesn't mean that they're a charity for finding a cure for breast cancer.

It means that they're a charity for advertising that breast cancer exists.

Wanna know how much of their money goes into breast cancer research?

0%

Wanna know how much of their money goes to their advertising campaign?

About 8% of their entire yearly gains.

You know where the rest of the money goes?

Into the pockets of the people at the top of the corporation.

So yeah, if you want to support breast cancer research, please do make sure you are donating to a charity that actually supports breast cancer research, and don't buy a single one of their pink ribbons or pink-branded crap that does absolutely nothing to help cure breast cancer and only exists to make a bunch of rich fat pigs even richer.

BIG OLAF
Oct 6, 2013, 08:15 PM
Welllllll I dunno about all that, but I do know I'm not overly fond of the Komen foundation after they refused to accept a 'certain websites' donation because of the 'material' found on said website. They are a bit hypocritical in that regard.

Also, I do get kind of pissed when prostate and/or testicular cancers are more or less ignored. Well, maybe not 'ignored', but they definitely don't have their "months" even remotely advertised.

All that being said, Miss Blue is in to save the ta-tas.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/DE4j9tu.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Takatsuki
Oct 6, 2013, 08:21 PM
Welllllll I dunno about all that, but I do know I'm not overly fond of the Komen foundation after they refused to accept a 'certain websites' donation because of the 'material' found on said website. They are a bit hypocritical in that regard.

Also, I do get kind of pissed when prostate and/or testicular cancers are more or less ignored. Well, maybe not 'ignored', but they definitely don't have their "months" even remotely advertised.

Well I'm telling you about all that. That is the truth.

Cyron Tanryoku
Oct 6, 2013, 08:21 PM
Too bad I'm broke as shit

yunamon
Oct 6, 2013, 08:32 PM
I wear pink ever since OBT. Does that count? w

Emp
Oct 6, 2013, 08:39 PM
My lady doesnt like pink, she wont wear it. But I like boobies.

Coatl
Oct 6, 2013, 09:28 PM
Flat chest supremacy.

Valkyrie Lovrina
Oct 6, 2013, 10:39 PM
I'll show my support for breast cancer. ^^ gimme a sec...

Pink Enough?
[SPOILER-BOX]http://imageshack.us/a/img837/4616/q2wa.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Zipzo
Oct 6, 2013, 11:19 PM
You should honestly be ashamed for promoting such a horrendous thing, especially when it only comes from your horrid economically mangled country.

"Breast cancer awareness" month has time and time again been proven to be a corporate agenda. A marketing campaign completely bent on influencing people to go out and buy shit. Do you see a Prostate cancer drive? How about a liver cancer event? Did you know that more men die annually from each of these cancers than women do from breast cancer? In fact, more men die to cancer of any kind, on an individual level for each type of cancer, annually than women period.

Do you know why it's like this? Because money. Tits and cash. BCR's funding is able to shoot through the roof, leaving other more important research funds in the damn dust so the men in suits at the top .01% of the USA's richest suits can lace their pockets with the good will of thousands of the morons who believe in this dumb shit, and that's actually a good thing.

Most companies that participate slap pink on their products to signify that they are participating, and then by the end of the event offer a marginal, tiny amount to an actual foundation just so the pink ribbon on their packages remained valid.

If you want to help or donate to Breast Cancer, go to an actual foundation and throw down some money. Don't parade around in pink or buy pink products thinking you're doing anything. You're not. You look like an idiot and you're doing nothing but helping corporate bullshitters make coin in a ridiculous do-gooder facaded campaign.

Who the fuck doesn't know about breast cancer? Why does it specifically need more awareness than any other kind of cancer? It doesn't. It's an awareness month, not a prevention month, so it's purpose is to make women more aware of it than one hundred-fucking percent of the worlds population already is, thus creating a surge of preventive measures being taken by women in that particular month. These preventive measures taken (mammograms and other types of screenings, preventive chemo) have actually been proven in studies to have across the board negative affects on womens' health, and in more cases than preventing it, initializing cancer. This only serves "Breast Cancer Awareness" month even more because you now have X more women who are likely to fight for that cause because they are new victims.

Get your disgusting propaganda out of PSO-W, IMO.

Cyron Tanryoku
Oct 6, 2013, 11:22 PM
this aint english class

supersonix9
Oct 6, 2013, 11:31 PM
here's some pink

[SPOILER-BOX]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7301/9831443694_d2796d9e68_b.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

but really, I sort of agree with zipzo on this one in pretty much every way lol

awareness doesn't mean shit

Takatsuki
Oct 7, 2013, 12:11 AM
You should honestly be ashamed for promoting such a horrendous thing, especially when it only comes from your horrid economically mangled country.

"Breast cancer awareness" month has time and time again been proven to be a corporate agenda. A marketing campaign completely bent on influencing people to go out and buy shit. Do you see a Prostate cancer drive? How about a liver cancer event? Did you know that more men die annually from each of these cancers than women do from breast cancer? In fact, more men die to cancer of any kind, on an individual level for each type of cancer, annually than women period.

Do you know why it's like this? Because money. Tits and cash. BCR's funding is able to shoot through the roof, leaving other more important research funds in the damn dust so the men in suits at the top .01% of the USA's richest suits can lace their pockets with the good will of thousands of the morons who believe in this dumb shit, and that's actually a good thing.

Most companies that participate slap pink on their products to signify that they are participating, and then by the end of the event offer a marginal, tiny amount to an actual foundation just so the pink ribbon on their packages remained valid.

If you want to help or donate to Breast Cancer, go to an actual foundation and throw down some money. Don't parade around in pink or buy pink products thinking you're doing anything. You're not. You look like an idiot and you're doing nothing but helping corporate bullshitters make coin in a ridiculous do-gooder facaded campaign.

Who the fuck doesn't know about breast cancer? Why does it specifically need more awareness than any other kind of cancer? It doesn't. It's an awareness month, not a prevention month, so it's purpose is to make women more aware of it than one hundred-fucking percent of the worlds population already is, thus creating a surge of preventive measures being taken by women in that particular month. These preventive measures taken (mammograms and other types of screenings, preventive chemo) have actually been proven in studies to have across the board negative affects on womens' health, and in more cases than preventing it, initializing cancer. This only serves "Breast Cancer Awareness" month even more because you now have X more women who are likely to fight for that cause because they are new victims.

Get your disgusting propaganda out of PSO-W, IMO.

What he said, and what I said before. It's all a big scam.

MetalDude
Oct 7, 2013, 12:14 AM
Inclined to agree also. It's gotten massively out of hand and it has almost completely ignored other forms of significantly more lethal cancers.

Jungo Torii
Oct 7, 2013, 12:24 AM
snipped message because goddamn is it long

The bluntness is strong with this one.

Though to be completely honest, this is probably the right way to go. Awareness is a good thing, but the cause for breast cancer has been astronomically widespread in recent years to the point where many, MANY people are aware. To the point where raising "awareness" is little more than...well, what Zip said. I think the lack of awareness for types of cancer more often associated with or exclusive to males might stem from a societal stigma (though it might even be a global stigma of sorts) that the male must remain strong, with little to no sympathy for weakness or a lack of power over their own fate. But that might just be my opinion.

Instead of only donating to a breast cancer research foundation (which is still a great thing to do), perhaps consider doing the same for the ones that don't have the good fortune to stay in the spotlight so often.

If this post infuriates anybody who reads it in some way for whatever reason, I'd like to keep it civil, for the love of god. All you have to do is explain why you might disagree calmly.

Chik'Tikka
Oct 7, 2013, 01:09 AM
I have the hope that October will eventually equate to cancer awareness and study as a whole+^_^+ with pink being the color used for ALL cancer awareness+^_^+ if you can help in any way, please do so, my God-father, god bless his soul, recently passed from a brain tumor, and had successfully fought prostate cancer a couple years ago. It's more for him then anything that i made this thread in the 1st place....

Zenobia
Oct 7, 2013, 01:10 AM
Yeah I also agree with Zipzo and the way you titled the thread makes me not even take it srsly nor some of the ppls comments here.

And you could have just named the thread "Donate to Breast Cancer awareness" not that protect the boobies non sense

Chik'Tikka
Oct 7, 2013, 01:13 AM
Yeah I also agree with Zipzo and the way you titled the thread makes me not even take it srsly nor some of the ppls comments here.

And you could have just named the thread "Donate to Breast Cancer awareness" not that protect the boobies non sense

a moderator already did that when i was away+^_^+ but I'll edit it again if you insist+^_^+
EDIT: done+^_^+

Retehi
Oct 7, 2013, 01:30 AM
Wrong on so many levels.

MetalDude
Oct 7, 2013, 03:25 AM
Holy bluntness Batman.

supersonix9
Oct 7, 2013, 07:20 AM
not the most virtuous way of putting it, but I guess it's one of those ugly truths

gigawuts
Oct 7, 2013, 08:12 AM
googled and found something with a pie chart that looks pretty much like what I remember in a report or two a few years ago

http://butterbeliever.com/i-will-not-be-pinkwashed-why-i-do-not-support-susan-g-komen-for-the-cure/

seems relevant

Rexob
Oct 7, 2013, 09:21 AM
I like this, even if it won't do a lot; great initiative. Some of the comments here are incredibly rude and insensitive, the author is trying to do something decent here...

Vintasticvin
Oct 7, 2013, 09:31 AM
I visited this site (https://bullshirtsonline.com/rodryancares/) and bought a shit ton of stuff that goes to cancer research :D Go neow and help kick the shit outta cancer for good.

Shirai
Oct 7, 2013, 10:18 AM
Why must every thread go to hell?

How soulless can some of you people be? For fucks sake.

Jungo Torii
Oct 7, 2013, 10:21 AM
I like this, even if it won't do a lot; great initiative. Some of the comments here are incredibly rude and insensitive, the author is trying to do something decent here...

When you take away the insensitivity, just looking at the message of the posts, as well as Gigawuts's link, there's been evidence provided that the businesses that raise "awareness" do it for the huge profits rather than money earned going to actual research.

The link actually elaborates on this in that it brings up the point that if a "cure" were actually found (when there are already known methods that work well that just haven't been widely announced to the public), the business surrounding the raising of "awareness" would crash and thus leave the people profiting from this endeavor mostly broke.

Essentially, the awareness campaign is for the most part a sham, and though research is a very good thing, cures are going unnoticed or even being silenced for the sake of some rich person getting richer. Kinda ruins the point of a charity.

People could stand to be a little more sensitive about it (seriously), but it's not really an invalid point. In fact, it's quite a good one. This is not saying that I agree with how Zipzo worded his point, given that it demonstrates a huge lack of empathy for another's feelings, but looking a little deeper makes it pretty clear that to some degree he is correct.

gigawuts
Oct 7, 2013, 10:25 AM
Exploiting the weak is nothing new. If anyone thinks cancer patients are immune to this I envy your naiveté.

Gama
Oct 7, 2013, 10:25 AM

guess ill have to go with olaf's idea.
[SPOILER-BOX]https://copy.com/UlzGmmB0E6deCwqq
[/SPOILER-BOX]

i might be fabulous but im a bit alergic to pink. so this is the best i can do.

HIT0SHI
Oct 7, 2013, 10:27 AM
Good to know about the truth, but keep it civil! There's no need to be incredibly hostile about the subject, even if you are right.

Sp-24
Oct 7, 2013, 10:47 AM
The only people who are hostile here are those who don't like that someone else is right, though. One person says that this cancer awareness campaign is literally cancer itself and everybody else flips their shit.

You really do need a tougher skin if somebody having an informed opinion traumatizes you so much. There's just no excuse sometimes.

Rosel
Oct 7, 2013, 10:57 AM
Agreed with everything that's been said, and I initially couldn't take the thread even remotely seriously with the "SAVE THE BOOBIES LOL!!!^____^" title. Really?

Plus, I know that a certain few members would use it as an excuse for a third/fourth/fifth (who knows) fashion screenshot thread, which they did.

Lock it and trash it imo.

Zipzo
Oct 7, 2013, 11:04 AM

That's just the whole point. I'm trying to point out how his attempt at "doing something decent" is an exercise in the opposite. Both in the name of his deceased "God-Father" and to, well, every woman on earth.

I'll easily wear the title of "Jackass" if it means I stop somebody from barreling off a cliff. What's rude and insensitive is the cause he is promoting, he just doesn't know why, I'm educating him.

I visited this site and bought a shit ton of stuff that goes to cancer research Go neow and help kick the shit outta cancer for good.

You lemming pleb.

you know I tend to be a troll or asshole sometimes but my fucking god how much of a fucking asshole do you have to be to type something like this?

You just have to know a thing or two about something, I guess?

I don't lack empathy, on the contrary, I'm very communicable through emotion. I just despise ignorance, and I will slap the shit out of it with a thorny stick when I see it, like so. There's no reason to allow cancer to be an excuse to let your heart bleed everywhere, that's what these people count on. People die every day in significantly more preventable & violent forms that are multiple times as tragic. Breast cancer is just the one that businesses have targeted to be financially beneficial to their cause.

This kind of thing won't stop until folks like yourselves learn a thing or two, and stop to think for just one second before you start joining in on the pyramid scheme.

HIT0SHI
Oct 7, 2013, 11:05 AM
The only people who are hostile here are those who don't like that someone else is right, though. One person says that this cancer awareness campaign is literally cancer itself and everybody else flips their shit.

You really do need a tougher skin if somebody having an informed opinion traumatizes you so much. There's just no excuse sometimes.

I'm specifically talking about this quote:

If you loved or wish to bless his soul at all, you've done a fine job here of basically kicking dirt in to his eyes and pouring salt on his wounds.

That was completely unnecessary and I actually agree with it and it doesn't traumatize me at all. I just find it that it could have been said in a more less offensive manner.

Rosel
Oct 7, 2013, 11:17 AM
Also, something about internet nerds being all proud of themselves for dressing up in pink on a video game feels somewhat disrespectful.

My mom actually is a breast cancer survivor (had her "boobies ^___^" - as OP put them- removed/reconstructed, went through chemo, etc.)

The idea that you guys would use such a horrible condition as an excuse to parade around your characters in yet another screenshot thread is sickening.

gigawuts
Oct 7, 2013, 11:20 AM
Also, something about internet nerds being all proud of themselves for dressing up in pink on a video game feels somewhat disrespectful.

My mom actually is a breast cancer survivor (had her "boobies ^___^" - as OP put them- removed/reconstructed, went through chemo, etc.)

The idea that you guys would use such a horrible condition as an excuse to parade around your characters in yet another screenshot thread is sickening.

And using the "I know someone of such-and-such background" is worse.

This isn't much more than saying "I have a black friend and I find that offensive."

Rosel
Oct 7, 2013, 11:23 AM
Edit: Whatever, I'm not gonna respond to ignorance with anger. But having a mom too sick to do anything and thinking she's gonna die for a major part of your childhood is much different than 'having a black friend'.

I guess you're what they call a troll, so you got me.

Sayara
Oct 7, 2013, 11:32 AM
Right. Lets see about this.
the the OP: Feel free to make an awareness thread in off topic as you see fit.
To those who wish to show their support for awareness with your PSO2 character (pink, blue whatever you wish to support with) feel free to use the fashion thread to show those off;

To those with opinions for or against "awareness" in general you're welcome to state your opinions in that thread.