PDA

View Full Version : diferent maps = diferent drop rates?

pkemr4
Oct 7, 2013, 09:45 PM
was in a party on coast (still in it right now) and they said that drop rates vary map to map. is that true?

BIG OLAF
Oct 7, 2013, 09:47 PM
Nope. Enemy spawn rates do, so maybe that's what they meant.

Kondibon
Oct 7, 2013, 09:50 PM
That's not true directly, but some maps spawn particular enemies more often. Which enemies spawn and in which quadrants of the map, along with which Emergency Trials spawn and where, is decided as soon as the instance is made, so it is possible to have a "good" map. But no the actually literal drop rates don't change.

Sizustar
Oct 7, 2013, 09:52 PM
Map drop rate remain the same, but killing enemies more often quicker, can spawn PSE burst, which increase drop rate, and certain enemy are more often appearing in specific map.

pkemr4
Oct 7, 2013, 10:29 PM
so either way i have to suffer watching party members get 10* weapons that sell for good money ._. while i get nothing because of RNG -_-

BIG OLAF
Oct 7, 2013, 10:33 PM
That's right!

TaigaUC
Oct 8, 2013, 05:19 AM
You want to aim for:
- Map with easy PSE Bursts, for the PSE bonuses and more spawns
- Map with many spawns of the enemy that drop the items you want
- Map with high level enemies, because the highest level bracket (eg. 56-60) will roll multiple times for rare drops
(example of high level places: Advance Quests with high risk, and tomorrow, Super Hard)
- Enemies with boost (supposedly increases drop rate)

Also,
- Be the class the weapon is for, SEGA claims it increases the drop rate (I haven't noticed any diff)
- Wear lucky rise gear just in case, but it probably won't matter
- Remember that 500% of 0.001% is still 0.005%.