PDA

View Full Version : Combat Escape (Braver)

ZcRaider
Oct 8, 2013, 11:05 PM
Im looking forward to this! Kind of reminds me of Beast Mode on PSU. Only much cooler? What you guys think?

Zorafim
Oct 8, 2013, 11:15 PM
Honestly, the only thing I found exciting was the following.

Skies of Arcadia Music Discs will be added to the FUN Scratch.

Natsu Nem
Oct 8, 2013, 11:22 PM
Being able to build up Combat Finished unhindered seems pretty nice.

It doesn't really appeal to me though. I'm good at avoiding attacks as it is and I would like to keep the ability to activate Katana Gear while in Katana Combat.

ZcRaider
Oct 8, 2013, 11:33 PM
Being able to build up Combat Finished unhindered seems pretty nice.

It doesn't really appeal to me though. I'm good at avoiding attacks as it is and I would like to keep the ability to activate Katana Gear while in Katana Combat.

Good Point! I favor that as well, and i have a similar playstyle.

Well level cap is 65 now from what I hear. I'll probaby just put a few sps in there for those rare occasions when the "hate" meter is really crazy. You know what im talkin bout right? When the enemies / boss just out of the blue, makes master coordinations in syncronous battle patterns and reading LOL. I.E: Every single enemy has just made you its target, and is reading your pp meter, energy, etc.

I probaby wouldnt use it much on bosses tho. I like damage, as you say. Only as a safe probaby. In theory, it would make a great "beast mode." That was the main reason i used it back in the day, just to escape damage, do a little bit back.

Instead of throwing my arms around like a maniac, i get to look cool with my katana! :D

SakoHaruo
Oct 9, 2013, 12:01 AM
the skill is a waste of SP.

Pros

- Combat Escape is good against one or two bosses

- Max damage vs Falz Hands

Cons

- no one dies during Katana Combat

- Mob can't attack you because Karan keeps them in check

- you need to block at least once to activate Katana Gear

Super Hard is coming out in the morning so things may change. In the current content Combat Escape isn't all that useful.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 9, 2013, 12:04 AM
Super Hard is coming out in the morning so things may change. In the current content Combat Escape isn't all that useful.

Well it's alright for that random blindside hit/stunlock that may screw you out of a katana finish, but you're right, it's far from my first pick of SP dumps.

Kietsu
Oct 9, 2013, 12:06 AM
I'm still convinced the whole thing is an issue with vague wording and it's just temporary invincibility like that worthless (in the sense that the entire tree is still bad) passive they gave Iron Will.

That said if it -is- 20 seconds of god mode, Katana Combat becomes some of the most 'free damage' in the entire game. Just make sure you trigger a gear parry before you start the buff.

Edit: And Braver isn't exactly tight on SP, either, unless you want a dual stance build. So the skill is probably an alright SP sink either way.

MetalDude
Oct 9, 2013, 12:14 AM
Yeah, wanted to second that the time frame is the biggest factor. Occupying almost the entire duration would mean mindlessly free damage with no regards for positioning.

Ouranos
Oct 9, 2013, 12:20 AM
Good - Being invincible for the entire duration of K.Combat
Bad - Probable 10 sp req for less than 20 sec / less than the duration of K.Combat

In theory it's a good skill to have. It doesn't increase damage output. Anyone can get max damage from Finish without it.

But utility wise, nothing beats being invinicible. The name speaks for itself, Escape.

angrysquid
Oct 9, 2013, 12:38 AM
I can imagine only the homing approach during KC getting the invincibility frames..

Zenobia
Oct 9, 2013, 01:06 AM
We will just have to see me personally I have np with it being that I can do big numbers without being under the influence of Katana Gear.

Also I am under the notion it will be 5 sp points just my guess at this. The skill has its uses it seem situational at best could come in handy when you need to ress at least.

ZcRaider
Oct 9, 2013, 02:02 AM
Yes, im in agreement with the points shared here. I personally have two skill trees. One for katana, one for bow. So i can afford a few extra sps in my particular setup.

Well, in light of all the information shared here, Bottom line for me is that I just gotta see how effective it really is (VS) Sp cost to acquire. Gonna wait until the skill tree calculator gets updated fully before i spend.

Zenobia
Oct 9, 2013, 02:07 AM
Exactly the the Skill must justify the cause if its going to give invulnerability for a set time it needs to have the same time limit as KC.

Now that I think about the CD for KC when maxed which cost 10 sp was 70secs just feels like a gamble considering this is sega.

SakoHaruo
Oct 9, 2013, 02:29 AM
random bits..

Nab 1/2 TA boss room - You can ignore all the gulf and kill Banther.

Sanct TA boss room - if you mess up on the Cater fights you can ignore them and head straight for Quartz. Pop Katana Combat and finish them off with a well timed Combat Finish. inb4 double kill + nose break?

Falz EQ - Guaranteed max damage....... meh

XQs - Soloing

Ouranos
Oct 9, 2013, 02:38 AM
I'm actually expecting the skill's duration and sp req a bit worse, just so not to be disappointed.

But if this skill turns out to be as long as KC and only requires 5 sp then all the better. Let's assume for now that this is the case.

This skill is as situational as KC, being invincible only makes it better not worse.

Invincibility works against all types of monsters, mobs and bosses alike. Not just on 1 or 2 bosses. IDK if this skill also works against that red flying thing that chases us around the map?

In a pinch and need to heal while mobs or a boss is gaining up on you? No problem, just hit KC and heal. This is purely situational but at least KC is no longer just a burst, max damage skill.

Less than an hour left before we can try it out.

Zenobia
Oct 9, 2013, 03:06 AM
For all who were wondering Braver Escape is right under Comabt JA bonus and 5 SP I called it~!

http://i.imgur.com/qgHMW5r.jpg (http://imgur.com/qgHMW5r)

Ouranos
Oct 9, 2013, 03:11 AM
Ok wow. Thats awesome.

SakoHaruo
Oct 9, 2013, 04:30 AM
lol they put it under combat JA

Zenobia
Oct 9, 2013, 04:37 AM
lol they put it under combat JA

I can actually get it too :3!

Kietsu
Oct 9, 2013, 10:03 AM
So uh, has anyone checked the duration per level yet?

Xaelouse
Oct 9, 2013, 10:08 AM
It's 10 sec at 1 point. 20 sec at 5
Even 1 point is really good. 2 just to be safe

Kietsu
Oct 9, 2013, 11:13 AM
So with max JA Bonus and Escape, Katana Combat turns PSO2 into a rhythm game for 20 seconds.

Neat.

ZcRaider
Oct 9, 2013, 03:52 PM
Well ive decided to just max it out. In my opinion its free damage with only a 5 point sp cost. Very managable with my dual tree setup XD. BEASSSSTTT MOOODDE!!!

UnLucky
Oct 9, 2013, 07:23 PM
So are you invincible during the beginning, or can you waste the CD like every other active skill?

And are you invincible during the Finish, or can you be hit out of that (could you even before)? You know, since KC is over, and the sheathing attack hasn't happened yet. Actually, do you stay invincible if you Finish early?

Bah, I need to get on there and test these things myself.

Zenobia
Oct 9, 2013, 07:46 PM
So are you invincible during the beginning, or can you waste the CD like every other active skill?

And are you invincible during the Finish, or can you be hit out of that (could you even before)? You know, since KC is over, and the sheathing attack hasn't happened yet. Actually, do you stay invincible if you Finish early?

Bah, I need to get on there and test these things myself.

I stated this int he Braver thread Unlucky you're invincible during the animation of Katana Finish only after you have finished that animation can you be hit.

Now to answer that other question once your 20secs of invulnerability is up and during KC and you haven't done KF yet you're free game to be hit.