PDA

View Full Version : Idea: PSO2 PvP balance mode

omg793
Oct 9, 2013, 01:27 AM
i think PSO 2 need PvP mode but in balanced system

Like : when ppl join in PvP battle they will NAKED items / mag and their weapon auto-change to default 1 star weapon
or just make default everythings for character when join in , only class / skill build / stats default available

that will make everythings balance and no-pay-for-win

About class imbalance or Force too far range =)) just make the dash ( X button ) dodge the spell , that the high-skilled players of Hu / Fi / Bra or Rolling of Gunner can dodge that =))

same with Force , the Force's dodge can do it too

Nitro Vordex
Oct 9, 2013, 01:31 AM
I can't even begin to start with how bad that would be.

SO I won't. This game is not built for PvP, nor would it ever make sense or be enjoyable. I get annoyed fighting the damn clones.

jooozek
Oct 9, 2013, 01:38 AM
how do you dodge rafoie???????????????

SakoHaruo
Oct 9, 2013, 02:02 AM
eww if they force everyone to use Lv1 gear/weapons I wont be able to troll a 4/5 slot 11* user.

do not want

angrysquid
Oct 9, 2013, 02:12 AM

You need some points in step advance + w/x key or R2 on a controller

Rehal
Oct 9, 2013, 02:22 AM
About class imbalance or Force too far range =)) just make the dash ( X button ) dodge the spell , that the high-skilled players of Hu / Fi / Bra or Rolling of Gunner can dodge that =))

Yeah right how about you try to dodge on other people screen, not on your screen?

Imjake
Oct 9, 2013, 02:31 AM
This is a terrible idea.

angrysquid
Oct 9, 2013, 02:33 AM
Yeah right how about you try to dodge on other people screen, not on your screen?

This works vice versa,too

Zenobia
Oct 9, 2013, 02:35 AM
INB4 Force camps your re-spawn point.

landman
Oct 9, 2013, 02:36 AM
PSP2 Battle mode consisted in this exactly, you only carry your class, and start with some weapons, and some skills, now battle, capture the base, or many other competitions, I did not try all of them, but PVP does not necessarily mean fighting each other in the same mechanics we do with enemies:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjnya-7t2I0

Also, airboard race, made right lol

Jaqlou Swig KING
Oct 9, 2013, 02:39 AM
Lol, respawning into a Cluster Bullet.

Also, PSP2 BM...Dat Dus Skadd.

blace
Oct 9, 2013, 02:45 AM
Not to mention that Alfa System produced the game using the PS label. I don't see Sega itself making a working battle mode.

Kondibon
Oct 9, 2013, 02:48 AM
Not to mention that Alfa System produced the game using the PS label. I don't see Sega itself making a working battle mode.

There were murmurs of some sort of PvP mode being a possiblity, so it's still possible. I imagine it being some sort of horribly imbalanced side thing people do for fun, not serious hardcore pvp, assuming it ever happens. PvP is something you have to build a game around from the start not slap in without thinking about it. Which if it happens is exactly how I expect Sega to implement it. :/

Mike
Oct 9, 2013, 02:54 AM
PVP does not necessarily mean fighting each other in the same mechanics we do with enemies:
That's how it ended up though in Portable 2. From the Pacman-like meseta gathering stage to the one where you had cooperate to actually get to the end area, most ended up in brawls. Nor would I ever ever call it balanced. I imagine the same lopsidedness would find it's way to PSO2 should it ever get a battle mode.

Esofor
Oct 9, 2013, 02:58 AM
the best pvp i can think of is in time attack interrupt rankings

FireswordRus
Oct 9, 2013, 03:00 AM

Like : when ppl join in PvP battle they will NAKED items / mag and their weapon auto-change to default 1 star weapon
or just make default everythings for character when join in , only class / skill build / stats default available

that will make everythings balance and no-pay-for-win

same with Force , the Force's dodge can do it too

If you need PvP, you can try Eve-online

Gama
Oct 9, 2013, 03:05 AM
lol we could have battle mode.

to resolve petty fights.

altho i think fo's would rape everything before anyone could get close to them... also the pp system, with fo dodge... melee classes wouldn't have a chance against fo classes.

maybe rangers?

yoshiblue
Oct 9, 2013, 03:06 AM
If we must have PvP, it must be in the form of EP III or Sonic Shuffle.

Kondibon
Oct 9, 2013, 03:11 AM
If you need PvP, you can try Eve-online
That's like telling someone asking for a hot tub to go swim in the ocean. XD

lol we could have battle mode.

to resolve petty fights.

altho i think fo's would rape everything before anyone could get close to them... also the pp system, with fo dodge... melee classes wouldn't have a chance against fo classes.

maybe rangers?
The whole game just isn't balanced for PVP. Mabinogi is the same (dat 10:1 damage/hp ratio). I'm not against the idea of course. Just not expecting anything amazing. It would be easy to just reduce the damage everyone takes by a certain amount, but what would that be? I found out I can fully heal my self as a force using megiverse and uncharged samegid... with change, reducing damage to 10% wouldn't be enough, but more than that and most normal attacks wouldn't even do much in the way of damage. I just can't imagine how it could ever be balanced for serious pvp.

For dicking around though and beating up your friend though. Sure. :U

boomboom
Oct 9, 2013, 04:33 AM
You need some points in step advance + w/x key or R2 on a controller

instead, rafoie make caster vulnerable and unable to move while casting
and can easily bashed with melee attack to cancel the cast, for ranged, impact shoot like diffuse shell
i though its fun fighting more intelligent enemy rather than over endurance gigantic enemies sometime, i kind of enjoy fighting persona

pkemr4
Oct 9, 2013, 09:05 AM
how to make pvp work in pso2:
make everyone have hp and def of imposters.
make your damage around as much as you do to imposters.

Chdata
Oct 9, 2013, 09:31 AM
Aren't they already exactly the same stat wise as us?

Kietsu
Oct 9, 2013, 10:39 AM
Word is, all their *-ATK and *-DEF stats are evidential to the original player's. HP is obviously way higher.

Also, the original PSO had a PvP mode.

[SPOILER-BOX]It was terrible.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Enforcer MKV
Oct 9, 2013, 11:37 AM
The only kind of direct competition PVP that would work is Air-board racing. Please add that, Sega. As lame as people thought it was, it was fun.

strikerhunter
Oct 9, 2013, 11:54 AM
Another PvP in PSO2 thread? Wasn't there another thread about PvP in PSO2?

PvP helping create balance? OP better look at all the MMOs that has PvP. PvP only leads towards unbalance between classes.

Like many others had already said, PSO2 is not built for PvP. If there was PvP, then every class would get fucked over by GUs because of the invisibility frame rate.

ZcRaider
Oct 9, 2013, 05:20 PM
I would rather they extend the same effort, into finally releasing the international version of this game.

There is still a HUGE fan base of players who do not have the ability or desire to put the hard work and effort, into playing a game that has been localized. ToS breaking and all.

It really is a lot of drama to keep this up at sometimes. Games are suppose to be fun.

There is always that factor, where sega can be really be douche, and IP_Ban everyone, like other foreign games.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 9, 2013, 05:23 PM

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-25049-laughing-out-loud-lol-gif-Now-xlnU.gif

Zenobia
Oct 9, 2013, 05:35 PM
instead, rafoie make caster vulnerable and unable to move while casting
and can easily bashed with melee attack to cancel the cast, for ranged, impact shoot like diffuse shell
i though its fun fighting more intelligent enemy rather than over endurance gigantic enemies sometime, i kind of enjoy fighting persona

Even if the Fo was locked while casting the Rafoie Fo still has the longest casting range in this game so by the time you even think of getting close to that Fo while its locked casting Rafoie you're still gonna get flinched locked to death.

Urrmahgerddwtfisthis!?

ignika98
Oct 9, 2013, 06:09 PM
I think Pso2 PVP MIGHT work if it was kind of like Saxton Hale mode in TF2. Where one player has extremely high health and damage (Probably taking the form of the Persona) while the others try to kill him.

Chdata
Oct 9, 2013, 06:56 PM
Do it like spiral knights, everyone gets their gear nerfed but they can still use what they want and some things will still apply (like latent abilities) and the main difference will be what kind of attacks you're using (for example, there are bombs in spiral knights that explode multiple times and cover lots of area unlike other bombs).

Edit: I like Saxton Hale ;p

How about make it like The Crucible in Runescape?

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Crucible

The part where one player is randomly selected to have a superly overpowered weapon while everyone piles him while he kills countless amounts of them.

(ctrl+f Supreme Champion)

Dinosaur
Oct 17, 2013, 06:50 PM

React when you see the caster move its arms from charging the spell.

Realistically, I'd imagine only certain PAs, techs, and weapons would be available if they were to make a serious competitive PvP mode. Kinda like how they did the official Arks GP.

yoshiblue
Oct 17, 2013, 08:01 PM
PSO2 needs sports. PSO2 Blitzball would be awesome. (Credit to Miki for the idea.)

Chdata
Oct 18, 2013, 01:26 AM
Meow

Do you REALLY think that if PVP were brought in, they'd do it in free explore quests or any quest in general?

Do you have an understanding of game industry, the point of PVP, how it's regulated in some games, how stupid and unlikely it would be for any game industry to put free roaming PVP anywhere players can be?

If it's released, it will be its own specialized quest or mode just like XQs are, thus you would not be obligated to take part in that mode as you are so assuming here. As for arguing against something you aren't or wouldn't be obligated to take part in, if you'd even be against the mode I just suggested, then have fun arguing against something that wouldn't even affect you at all. At least, aside from the social impact of having a PvP system has (in the case of people who think their epeener is larger because they have a bigger attack number in a vidya game and no-lifed it for longer than other people).

Now I do largely agree that PSO2 isn't made to make PVP a viable thing to create with this system. The physics of the game just don't fit that at all. And if it were like fighting clones, then all you'd need to do to win is razan or any similar PA.

Chdata
Oct 19, 2013, 03:07 PM

3. I already mentioned the social problems with it. Then again, 'blacklisted'. If you mean items only obtainable through PvP, who says there will be. They could just introduce a PvP system and leave it at that, can't they?

4. PvP would have nothing to do with the story... actually no it would. There's "PvP" IN the story that was even hosted by ARKs.

nadespam
Oct 21, 2013, 03:27 AM
Can't have PvP because there's something known as... LAG. If you've ever played WoW's PvP you'll know these phrases, "It's too far away." "I need to get closer." ... Even though on your screen you are right behind them spamming your move, yet when you go pass them you can successfully do your ability. AND this is with servers in A-ME-LEE-KA, imagine the lag outside of it. Because of this lag there is no way to PROPERLY dodge any instant spells, you might be able to dodge the traveling ones but the instant spells will be impossible or close to it. This is how it will play out.

Client1: "Released spell" >> "Sending data to server"
Server: "Ok, playing animation" >> "Sending data to Client2"
Client1: "Spell has hit target" >> "Sending data to server"
Client2: "Ok, playing their animation"
Server: "Ok, spell has hit target" >> "Sending data to Client2"
You, the player: "I should dodge right now."
Client2: "Ok, spell has hit us, can't dodge now"

The End

2ndly there's a Lock-On system, Razan(and friends) + Line of Sight = Win... Unless there is only 1 map and it's just a plain open field there's no way any other class is going to stop a Force. Even then it's an uphill battle for every non-Force class. And all the Forces will be running something like: Ragne Soul + Tech 3 + Wind Resist + Fire Resist + Mind Resist + Tech Boost... then their battles would be who has lady luck on their side. It would be such a fun fight to watch... that's sarcasm if it didn't come across correctly, (i.e.) Player1 staggers Player2 with spell. Player2 has to randomly dodge and wait until Player1 wastes all of their PP because Player2 will just keep getting knocked out of their casting animation. Then they just take turns doing so until one player gets lucky enough to hit the other enough times.

Then of course there's the possibility of disabling certain PAs and what not, but then that just makes it so all everyone is equally shitty and the best of the shitty class will win.

And thus no one would play PvP because if you're not a specific class with a specific build with specific items you are going to lose 99.9% of the time, therefore not having it in the first place would have been the better choice.

Kilich
Oct 21, 2013, 06:10 AM
I doubt Japanese players will have any problems with lag.

Krimson
Oct 21, 2013, 11:44 PM
It took some convincing but I disagree with pso2 pvp

Gunner would be op flip invincibility and elder rebellion at long range stunning other players until gunner wins, braver katana combat would be spammed as well.

not to mention if pvp was implemented the wep prices would likely skyrocket.

[Not touching everything while fun, pvp wouldn't be good for pso2 in my honest opinion which is still subject to change :P]

Amaterasu111
Oct 22, 2013, 02:07 AM
I feel like lag is going to make pvp a big problem o.o; will it?