PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 how much do you love/hate grinding weapons?

jooozek
Oct 9, 2013, 03:10 PM
personally, i'd love to smack whoever came up with this system for the sheer fact that the whole system is all about mixing up the players with mud, i mean, take a look at me grinding a 9 star weapon (http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=BcHcsvZ4)

strikerhunter
Oct 9, 2013, 03:15 PM
Hate it overall.

Would had prefer gathering items to grind it up for a for sure success.
Fuk hell, at least the grinding system isn't as worse as TERA's.

There are so many possible solutions and yet they took the worst.
If I spend over 1 mil not even hitting +7, I'm done grinding that said weapon.

gigawuts
Oct 9, 2013, 03:16 PM
after my last grinding incident, I don't even remember what it was, I basically swore to never grind again

been buying everything +10 when the price meets whatever I consider acceptable ever since

my experience with the game has improved considerably - when I buy something it's mine, no dice and no penalties

Zyrusticae
Oct 9, 2013, 03:19 PM
Where's the "I buy stuff pre-ground, except when the price is stupid" option?

pkemr4
Oct 9, 2013, 03:26 PM
every since it costed me 3 mil total to +10 a proxymine 10* ive been hating grinding ever since.

IT SHOULD NEVER TAKE 3 MIL TO FUCKING +10 A 10*

and the freaking community isnt helping buy selling +1 risk for 50-100k per one and grinders at 1,500 meseta each at times

jooozek
Oct 9, 2013, 03:26 PM
Where's the "I buy stuff pre-ground, except when the price is stupid" option?

what is a stupid price in your opinion? i imagine the items itself that you want to buy are already overpriced like hell

HeyItsTHK
Oct 9, 2013, 03:36 PM
Hate it. Could be worse but it could be a LOT better.

Remz69
Oct 9, 2013, 04:24 PM
i never go to dudu/monica anymore
used to but then realized that the potential saving (if you're lucky) vs buying one already done is not worth the frustration

i mean i've been in this situation once

do i
buy the weapon twice for 8 mil
grind it to +40 ( don't forget the 9 or so photon spheres)
buy a spirita boost for 1 mil
buy a 20% for 1 mil
buy the fodders for 5mils
affix the weapon myself

or do i

buy the weapon with this already done for 18 mil
i didn't hesitate even a 1s

gigawuts
Oct 9, 2013, 04:25 PM
what is a stupid price in your opinion? i imagine the items itself that you want to buy are already overpriced like hell

I usually consider anything under 1m more than the going price to be acceptable. Then there's just waiting for the going price to be decent, which is case by case really.

jooozek
Oct 9, 2013, 04:39 PM
oh right, i didn't mention but the price for grinding skyrocketed with super hard items, or at least this peculiar item that i've grinded - the base cost for each grind was 6820 meseta (lol) so to be perfectly honest if i were to define a an upper limit at which i'd pay for a ground up item would be 2 million for every potential level/+10 itself

Requiem Aeternam
Oct 9, 2013, 04:39 PM
I've hated grinding in this game ever since I first failed it (lost +2). I'm not good at TA so money is a sore spot for me and failing grinding and losing money over it is just too frustrating.

Lumpen Thingy
Oct 9, 2013, 04:45 PM
well I hate it but it makes weapons worth more and weapons don't break or disappear so meh

ZcRaider
Oct 9, 2013, 04:55 PM
Its pretty much a gambling system now. But back in the days of PSU, when said weapons used to disappear after a fail attempt, i consider this much better. They eventually corrected this, and made it so that if the weapon fails, its max grind would be decreased. This was bearly tolerable. Now its all about how much your willing to spend to get it to +10.

I must say, i have a love / hate relationship with grinding (I really choose love in poll).

There are a lot of mature parallels i could use to illustrate this with. LOL XD

Ill just say, that each time i fail, i try to find a better way. With enough time and patience, anything is really possible...to a certain extent anyways.

I have become...increasingly successful at grinding 10* weapons. Which i consider the hardest to grind atm. At least until the higher stars come out, then i might be singin a different tune heh.

I grind all my stuff. And since i dont like to rock premium, im kinda forced too. I used to just buy my +10 gear. But the really good stuff is now 10* and above.

So I now adopt a hybrid approach inspired by both PSO and PSU.

Spam missions until i find the rare i want. Grind...Grind...and Grind some more.

Eventually, you WILL get a plus +10. Its just a matter of how much meseta, time and energy you are willing to put out to make it an eventuality.

I found that investing a few million meseta in grinding aids like (+1) and 5 - 20% success rate ups...really helps with the 10* and some stubburn 9*. But most of the time 9* isnt an issue.

Also, ive been working on a Dex mag since day one. Its at level cap now with only 2 points in something else by mistake. Bascially 173 points of PURE DEX. I have found that switchin to this mag...helps me get that last grind to +10 on 10* weapons. Not sure if Dex is really a variable to the random number generater when grinding. But through my experience, it seems to effect it.

Anyways, i noticed a majority of people actually hate to grind according to the poll. I guess im either a persistant optimist, or because i have been grinding so long, i get a masochistic high from it. LOL :-)

But i must say, there are only a few feelings that rival what it feels like, to beat the odds, and to USE that nice and shiny +10. Knowing that it was all possible, because of you.

So thats my 2cents. Delievered via Fedex Priority Mail. Go Tom Hanks, Go!

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 9, 2013, 05:38 PM
Cost me 1.3 mil to get twin kamui from +3 to +6.

I sure can taste that lvl3 potential/+10 now...

mommy_cornelia
Oct 9, 2013, 05:47 PM
Got my new 11* Wlance today and grinded it to +10 with level 3 potential.

Went from 30M to 80k =w=

The Walrus
Oct 9, 2013, 05:58 PM
Christ...

Z-0
Oct 9, 2013, 06:00 PM
I remember my 11* rod knocked me down like 25 million when grinding it to +40.

ChiffonFairchild
Oct 9, 2013, 06:14 PM
Honestly I enjoy grinding....now why do I enjoy grinding AND affixing? Affixing is a joke in all honesty. With +10% tool I've failed less than I have succeeded so that's no concern regardless of the *. Why do I enjoy grinding? Because I don't grind anything above 8*. All class weapons are easy income when you're selling em at 1.5m fully +10'd and affixed. Cost at the most 200k to do all of that and it saves you from the stress. Also helps having three characters run TAs gives me cash to blow on tools if need be.

Obviously when I get an 11* or by the grace of the heavens a 12* I'll sign up for therapy. I'm basically at the mercy of SEGA.....oh god....well, there's no god in SEGALAND.

Jungo Torii
Oct 9, 2013, 06:16 PM
I enjoy grinding very much like I would enjoy rubbing a cheese grater very forcefully against my groin.

Which is to say, not at all.

Kondibon
Oct 9, 2013, 06:39 PM
Why did you even bother asking if people like it? I can't imagine anyone liking this terrible system (don't even get me started on affixing). I grind my own weapons but that's only because I have no intention of using anything higher than 8 star right now and even then only if they're all-class. I'm not touching 10 stars at all.

EDIT: Oh, and the fact that the weapons will eventually be outclassed doesn't make me feel good about upgrading them at all. I don't go all out on gear in most games until I'm sure it'll be a LONG time before something better comes along. It's hard to justify investing so much in a weapon that'll be useless month down the line.

ThePendragon
Oct 9, 2013, 06:42 PM
None of those apply to me. I don't hate it, but I don't like it. It's definitely annoying when I do it, and I dislike it, but I don't HATE it.

Shirai
Oct 9, 2013, 06:44 PM
I like it sometimes.

But, then when Dudu/Monica being a bitch. I want to throw my laptop out of the window or just get a ticket to Japan and punch Sakai in the face.

Cyron Tanryoku
Oct 9, 2013, 06:51 PM
I had more fun grinding my time attack partner

ZcRaider
Oct 9, 2013, 07:00 PM
I like it sometimes.

But, then when Dudu/Monica being a bitch. I want to throw my laptop out of the window or just get a ticket to Japan and punch Sakai in the face.

SOOOOoooooo..... been there. LOL

I've even gone as far as to sell the weapon to npc out of spite. "NO ONE, should have to experience this horror incarnate!!!!"

Only, to buy it back, get the +10, and be happy again.....while broke. LOL

zSW1FT
Oct 9, 2013, 11:00 PM
I miss the old style PSO/BB style of just using grinders on things them just being better..

The Walrus
Oct 9, 2013, 11:19 PM
Everyone responsible for the grinding system deserves to be shot

jcart953
Oct 9, 2013, 11:27 PM
Without looking at the vote I can honestly tell what most people are going to say but I honestly I don't find it that bad. Granted it can be better but it's tolerable imo. I always here people always say I spent X amount and I swear sometimes i feel people over exaggerate on the actual amounts they spent but hey so many people say it so *shrugs*.

Affixing on the other hand is 100% easy getting 1-4 , 5+ takes money and luck.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 9, 2013, 11:34 PM
Affixing on the other hand is 100% easy getting 1-4 , 5+ takes money and luck.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g326/Rasheed_Marshall/pso20130801_170309_000_zpsc17c8f6c.jpg
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g326/Rasheed_Marshall/pso20130521_190813_000_zps7e67e46c.jpg
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g326/Rasheed_Marshall/pso20130522_112838_000_zps7c5d70f2.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Also, it took me about 7-8 tries (about 7 million meseta) to get mizer soul to stick on my 3x rogue coffin. 50% chance my ass.

Mike
Oct 9, 2013, 11:37 PM
I miss the old style PSO/BB style of just using grinders on things them just being better..
There isn't any money to be made doing it that way though.

jcart953
Oct 9, 2013, 11:38 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g326/Rasheed_Marshall/pso20130801_170309_000_zpsc17c8f6c.jpg
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g326/Rasheed_Marshall/pso20130521_190813_000_zps7e67e46c.jpg
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g326/Rasheed_Marshall/pso20130522_112838_000_zps7c5d70f2.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
Lol that doesn't mean it's not easy just you got a stream of bad luck :p. Affixing is honestly super easy compared to grinding and you can control your luck more to get most things you want 100%. The only challenge is getting that ability 3 on there as that can cost mulla.

VANNO
Oct 9, 2013, 11:41 PM
Like other's say it's not the worst. But it could definitely be improved on. I once jumped from +8 to +9 back to a +8 9 times on a 10* and by the time I was done it ended at a +3 . I don't blame the game though cus anyone who knows me knows that I have crap luck with rng. But that's mainly the reason why I hate it.

EDIT: Oh, and the fact that the weapons will eventually be outclassed doesn't make me feel good about upgrading them at all. I don't go all out on gear in most games until I'm sure it'll be a LONG time before something better comes along. It's hard to justify investing so much in a weapon that'll be useless month down the line.

I also agree with Kondibon. I hate spending so much stuff on something that I'll toss away in 2 or less months. Nothing in this game is really worth keeping for the amount of stress put in. The only time I really grind is when I need some quick money.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 9, 2013, 11:41 PM
Lol that doesn't mean it's not easy just you got a stream of bad luck :p. Affixing is honestly super easy compared to grinding and you can control your luck more to get most things you want 100%. The only challenge is getting that ability 3 on there as that can cost mulla.

The entire reason I don't do ability 3 is because of that last picture. I've seen 90%s fail way too damn much.

.Jack
Oct 9, 2013, 11:47 PM
It's not much of a nuisance as long as you have plenty of +1's protects around. It shouldn't be that bad in most cases.

For 10*'s have about 30 of them at hand and 20 for 9* weapons is what I usually go with when getting things to +10. 7-8* I'd go with about 10 or less on average.

The Walrus
Oct 9, 2013, 11:48 PM
We don't all have money to buy lots of protects ;_;

I need to learn how to make money one of these days :/

.Jack
Oct 9, 2013, 11:50 PM
You can save up points for them.

Enforcer MKV
Oct 9, 2013, 11:50 PM
The system is absolute garbage. I dropped 300k on a 9* once and it wouldn't go above +5. Not even once. I was dumbfounded. >_>;

The Walrus
Oct 9, 2013, 11:56 PM
You can save up points for them.

Fun points?

EDIT: Oh wow, I didn't even realize they were in the fun shop. That would certainly make it easier to get them...

Akakomuma
Oct 10, 2013, 12:40 AM
I can't complain too much, I'd take PSO2's grinding over PSU's abysmal grind system.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 10, 2013, 12:42 AM
I can't complain too much, I'd take PSO2's grinding over PSU's abysmal grind system.

Remind me what kind of imposed masochism did PSU have?

Enforcer MKV
Oct 10, 2013, 12:53 AM

pre-AOTI you lost the weapon if you failed a grind. Post AOTI you lost one off your maximum grind potential.

Still doesn't excuse the system in this game. "Better than" =/= "Good"

Sandmind
Oct 10, 2013, 12:54 AM
At 1st, failed grind meant lost weapon. Apparently, it got patched to simply losing 1 maximum grind value (aka, that weapon could no longer reach +10, but +9, etc.)

Fun points?

EDIT: Oh wow, I didn't even realize they were in the fun shop. That would certainly make it easier to get them...

I dunno, I get them often enough when I open fun scratch. Then again, I'm the type to stock pile and then empty my fun point.

Akakomuma
Oct 10, 2013, 12:58 AM

Well, what happens when you grind in PSU is that a weapon originally starts out at 0/10, meaning 10/10 is the highest. Now unlike PSO2, when you mess up a grind, not only do you lose the grind, but your weapon gets damaged. So let's say you start grinding on a 0/10, then eventually you miss one, it'll be 0/9. Meaning not only would it take you from, let's say you were at, 6/10, it would put you all the way to 0 and your weapon would never be able to get to 10/10. Ever. It eventually can end up where you have a 0/2 weapons, making your weapon almost useless.

It also required very gil heavy items, much more expensive in PSU than it is in PSO2. I'd like grinding to be cheaper in PSO2, but I spent a few years playing PSU so that's why I can't complain too much, it just doesn't bother me after what I delt with on PSU.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 10, 2013, 01:05 AM
Well, what happens when you grind in PSU is that a weapon originally starts out at 0/10, meaning 10/10 is the highest. Now unlike PSO2, when you mess up a grind, not only do you lose the grind, but your weapon gets damaged. So let's say you start grinding on a 0/10, then eventually you miss one, it'll be 0/9. Meaning not only would it take you from, let's say you were at, 6/10, it would put you all the way to 0 and your weapon would never be able to get to 10/10. Ever. It eventually can end up where you have a 0/2 weapons, making your weapon almost useless.

It also required very gil heavy items, much more expensive in PSU than it is in PSO2. I'd like grinding to be cheaper in PSO2, but I spent a few years playing PSU so that's why I can't complain too much, it just doesn't bother me after what I delt with on PSU.

Either that or the standard weapon destruction.

Almost as if the weapon is a person and you give them the choice of being dead, or a vegetable on life support.

Walkure
Oct 10, 2013, 01:57 AM
Math on it's more fun than actually doing it.

If I was buying a weapon, and found an already-ground version for ~1.5m or less per +10 I'd buy it.

Darki
Oct 10, 2013, 02:37 AM
Answering the poll, well, it's not my favorite sport in PSO2, at all. I usually grind my stuff, but lately I've gotten pre-grinded things and I'd consider starting to get pre-affixed stuff as well if I didn't have special needs for those (as a FO/HU hybrid who melees and uses techs, it's difficult to come by equipment affixed with Ringa soul and Tech+Power III).

I don't think it's a bad system, there must be a prize for greatness, but I don't have the patience to prepare all the necessary steps, managing protectors and creating fodders properly, so I end basically trying to brute-force grinds and affixes, and obviously that means I end wasting too much money.

jooozek
Oct 10, 2013, 04:42 AM
Why did you even bother asking if people like it? I can't imagine anyone liking this terrible system (don't even get me started on affixing). I grind my own weapons but that's only because I have no intention of using anything higher than 8 star right now and even then only if they're all-class. I'm not touching 10 stars at all.

a quick glance over the results and you'd see that there are people that like it :???:

MetalDude
Oct 10, 2013, 10:45 AM
I really don't know what there is to like. It's a system designed entirely around the premise of being a F2P game, therefore it's meant to be a total pain in the ass. It will never at any point in this game's entire lifetime get fixed. It will simply be moved over into another part of the game (hey, what's that weapon customization thing up on the horizon I see?).

Sp-24
Oct 10, 2013, 10:52 AM
I really don't know what there is to like. It's a system designed entirely around the premise of being a F2P game, therefore it's meant to be a total pain in the ass. It will never at any point in this game's entire lifetime get fixed. It will simply be moved over into another part of the game (hey, what's that weapon customization thing up on the horizon I see?).
But the game is FREE! How can you not exalt every single thing about it, especially something that is optional?

Jaqlou Swig KING
Oct 10, 2013, 11:10 AM
But the game is FREE! How can you not exalt every single thing about it, especially something that is optional?

This, complainers should just uninstall the game or shutup and deal with it. Not their fault you all have bad luck.

o0Kais0o
Oct 10, 2013, 11:13 AM
After my last grinding pain (A launcher legacy) I've just decided to raise money and buy my +10's. Grinding is just too painful, too expensive and way, way too rage inducing for me.

EDIT: I always get launcher/cannon legacy confused.

MetalDude
Oct 10, 2013, 11:13 AM
This, complainers should just uninstall the game or shutup and deal with it. Not their fault you all have bad luck.

I thought it was blatantly obvious that Sp-24 was being sarcastic which makes you look ridiculous by comparison (my fault for having bad luck? What about theirs for designing an entire system based around it?).

Jaqlou Swig KING
Oct 10, 2013, 11:16 AM
Ahhh, I almost added /sarcasm tags to my post just in case. Figured we could run with it.

Sp-24
Oct 10, 2013, 11:25 AM
I thought it was blatantly obvious that Sp-24 was being sarcastic which makes you look ridiculous by comparison (my fault for having bad luck? What about theirs for designing an entire system based around it?).
Too slow, but posting this anyway:
[spoiler-box]http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/5784/aftk.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Enforcer MKV
Oct 10, 2013, 11:39 AM

The thing that bugs me, is that in terms of the grinding chance itself, premium players don't really get any kind of direct boost. I think they should give paying players something like, I dunno, an automatic +10% to grinding AND affixing. It's subject to debate, really.

The way I see it, premium players pay real money in order to have an easier time. Players have the shop, trading, and access to 10*s in the shop, this is true, but in terms of the rates for rare finding, grinding, and affixing, there's no direct boost. It's all designed around - give players a shop, player gets lots of money, player uses money to buy boosts that a lot of times don't feel like actually doing anything to affect the chances of success. Now, in terms of rares, the premium drinks were a step in the right direction. But for grinding an affixing...ugh. Best case scenario? They make the algorithm have some sort of consistency (This is more an issue with affixing. 95% success rate my ass). They're not going to do that. In this case, they could at least give their paying members a boost to success rate. It makes premium even more attractive to players and gives paying players a bit of an easier time.

gigawuts
Oct 10, 2013, 11:47 AM
I don't want premium players to get a boost. Instead what I want is some skill indexing in the system. Create a set of random criteria for each weapon that we can plot out with our failures, allowing us to use our +1s and +10%s more strategically. Create a difficulty bar on the item and fill it in with each grind level. More failures = more detail = better ability to compensate.

Because I swear to fucking god some items have 15% success rates at 4->5 and 90% success rates at 7->8, and that being an actual mechanic we can work around would be pretty cool IMO.

Enforcer MKV
Oct 10, 2013, 11:55 AM
I don't want premium players to get a boost. Instead what I want is some skill indexing in the system. Create a set of random criteria for each weapon that we can plot out with our failures, allowing us to use our +1s and +10%s more strategically. Create a difficulty bar on the item and fill it in with each grind level. More failures = more detail = better ability to compensate.

Because I swear to fucking god some items have 15% success rates at 4->5 and 90% success rates at 7->8, and that being an actual mechanic we can work around would be pretty cool IMO.

I agree, that would be better, yes. I'm honestly just working at the bare minimum here.

MetalDude
Oct 10, 2013, 12:17 PM
Ahhh, I almost added /sarcasm tags to my post just in case. Figured we could run with it.

Shit, for whatever reason I could pick it up in Sp's post (probably had to do with those italics), but not yours. My bad.

pkemr4
Oct 10, 2013, 12:49 PM

more like 15% for 7->8 and 15% for 4->5 aswell

Lostbob117
Oct 10, 2013, 12:54 PM
5crazies confirmed.

deahamlet
Oct 10, 2013, 02:37 PM
I come from a worse system... where "grinding" rerolls your stats so I consider pso2 a HUGE upgrade from that and am happy.
The previous "grinding" system to that was two options: looking for FOUR super-extra-doodly-rare bits to make one item (only one of which you could buy, the rest you had to have as drops) or amassing a lengthy list of ingredients and having to follow exact recipes to grind (almost a multi-month exercise) to make one item (weapon or armor). If you f-up at any moment you lost months of ingredient farming and some of the most used parts had somehow the lowest drop rate. Some of the ingredients you could buy but insanely expensive.
From that even the rerolling grinding seemed awesome-sauce by comparison.

Pso2 wins so far. And I'd take Dudu over that new woman-child any day, she annoys me even when I succeed!

Jungo Torii
Oct 10, 2013, 03:29 PM
5crazies confirmed.

Now we're up to 6 gambling addicts. Or crazies. Possibly both.

deahamlet
Oct 10, 2013, 04:39 PM
Now we're up to 6 gambling addicts. Or crazies. Possibly both.

Or people used to much heavier abuse.

If he had said "How much do you hate adding abilities?" I would have said "a bit".
But grinding? MEEHHHHHH. Sometimes it takes a million, sometimes it takes 200k. My bloody weapon does not get broken in the process nor are abilities rerolled while grinding... nor are meseta or grinders or +1 protectors an impossible mission.

So I don't think GRINDING deserves hate by any stretch so I call the people hating it crazy.

It's the first game I liked grinding. Even the frustration is funny. You go grind and masterwork in Tera or drown your days/months/years into obtaining epic items in DDO (only to have it all overshadowed a year later by random loot, like 6* being better than your 11* from Extremes)... then we shall see how much you love or hate a simple sit at the NPC and throw meseta at him until he loves you.

Abilities IS the much bigger gamble. I have added 3 slots with no qualms and on the same day failed 20 times to even create 2 slot fodder let alone get anything to stick on some units. That is crazy-sauce right there.

gigawuts
Oct 10, 2013, 04:47 PM
ha ha a million and 200k

jesus what games are you playing that make this look good

Sp-24
Oct 10, 2013, 05:04 PM
ha ha a million and 200k

I don't know, maybe ᅞᅝᅟᅜᅛᅚPSUᅞᅝᅟᅜᅛᅚ?

deahamlet
Oct 10, 2013, 05:13 PM
ha ha a million and 200k

Tera and DDO, as I mention in the post above yours :D.

Can you imagine being stuck with crap abilities on your weapon cause you FINALLY masterworked your gear but in the process have no more resources to keep re-rolling your stats to something good?
Can you imagine using 200+ of scrolls and still failing while your friend gets it in 3?
Can you imagine finally masterworking (which fyi is a big increase in DPS) but heylo... there's 3 different percentages for masterworking and if you want the best, you have to keep rerolling and throw a ton more time and money than meseta and grinders you use to grind in PSO2... and everytime you reroll hoping to get both best percentage AND best stats, your stats keep f-ing up? And to lock them in is EXTREMELY expensive and last update a lot of those resources became uber-rare or you could spend real money to buy them?

And that's just Tera. And DDO was another can of worms. While not having press here to roll type rng as Asian mmos (PSO2 and Tera being good examples of that) it had the other kind of rng where each of four parts you needed was a rare drop. I had friends still searching for a base item or other part 3 years of running the same stupid raid twice a week. That's pain, man, losing even 2 mil trying to get to 10 is nothing. Tho I don't know why you'd spend so much...
I'm premium. I swim in +1 grinders from the fun scratch cause they never want to give me the tickets I'm really playing it for. We use eachother's partners and send good jobs and just last 2 days I amassed 1200 fun without trying.
And sometimes I play the AC scratch hoping to get lucky and get that damn 10mil mag and instead end up with full protectors.
And always do the campaigns and have a few +2 protectors.

So to me, grinding has never been a pain even when it goes from +7 to +1 several times.
I have 2 stacks of grinders and I even sell 100 once in a while.

So tell me what do YOU do so different that +1 protectors and grinders and meseta is so painfully much at Dudu that it makes you actually HATE grinding?

Tell me you hate affixing, I could understand a bit. A bit. Hate is a strong word to use for anything you do as a hobby.

MetalDude
Oct 10, 2013, 05:53 PM
You know what? Fuck F2P games. I'm more than content to sticking with standard console and PC experiences if it means avoiding this garbage. Is there seriously any F2P game out there that's actually simultaneously good and not plagued with this?

deahamlet
Oct 10, 2013, 06:33 PM
dude, seek a counselor

I am not a dude, but I should get counselling for forgetting this is pso world forums where almost everything about pso2 sucks but you all play it or at the very least give enough of a shit to discuss online.
It's an Asian mmo, don't grasp how you masochists thought it wouldn't be RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG and hidden rates. I'm surprised ability affixing even gives any percent, it's a bad idea what with people crying 95% still fails. Fail statistics for the win.
Western mmos give RNG but in different flavours, there once drop RNG is over it's all over with RNG except wait... Even some of them have started adding RNG systems after drop RNG because it's simply an easier and cheaper route to keep you playing and paying longer.

I should know better than to post anything but hate and gloom on these forums.

ohpz
Oct 10, 2013, 08:09 PM
As a non premium player it's grind your own stuff or wear sub-par gear, so I don't really have a choice. Not only do I have to find my own upgrades, but then I have to +10 and affix them. Somehow both of my characters have decent weapons. Lambda lacruico on braver, satellite riser on force (plus a bunch of decent 10* weapons for other classes sitting in storage). Quarry just rained 10*s. I lost count at like 34 deadly arts (actually found 4 of them with no boost / no boost day in the duration of a shifta drink one day) plus tons of other random 10* weapons. Ended up with like 54 excubes from 0 after buying a lucky rise set (that usually sits in storage) in about a week there just playing a few hours a day. Super hard drop rate doesn't seem half as good as that so far.

That being said, I'd say about 90% of my 10* grinds to +10 cost on average 200k-300k meseta. I've had a few go from +0 to +10 with 0 failures by unlocking said item, then spamming enter and hoping for the best. I've also had one or two items that just refused to go past +6 after throwing 2mil at it that I just ended up rage excubing or if it was one of the rarer 10*s just tossing it back in storage. (I swear I'll never use Monica again, it seems like her -ranks on failure rate is higher than Dudu's) When it came to items that needed +10 no matter the cost (lol huge upgrades, bro) I ended up trading all those excubes in for fun tickets. That in turn got me quite a few +1 risk reducers (and 3 shop passes lol), making those important grinds a bit less painful.

Do I like the system? No. Do I hate it? Kind of, but I've seen WAY worse. DDO with the greensteel grind was pretty bad (I made a few bases - then started farming materials, then got tired of farming/waiting for chest resets and quit). Most of those korean F2Ps are horrible. Lunia or DFO if I remember correctly, was like +15 max. 1-6 was easy but also weak power gains, then from 7-9 (still fairly weak power gains) failure could drop you back to +1, and past +10 your item could break permanantly (every rank after 10 was like hey, here's exponential power gain, have fun with your 5% chance of success!). Those pay 2 win mechanics, since they sold stuff in the cash shop to unbreak your item.

I would rather it be guaranteed success over time like some of the 10*s you get from the matter board instead of the roller coaster of RNG that it is now.

I think I wouldn't mind grinding as much if making meseta didn't require running TACOs. Those get old after the umpteenth time. I pretty much only get the motivation to run them if I have something that I need to grind, otherwise I don't bother. Plus they put me to sleep.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 10, 2013, 09:23 PM
I think I wouldn't mind grinding as much if making meseta didn't require running TACOs. Those get old after the umpteenth time. I pretty much only get the motivation to run them if I have something that I need to grind, otherwise I don't bother. Plus they put me to sleep.

This right here. They don't need to add more, but some variety would be nice, like random quest map from a pool, and less maps requiring 3 players for a sub-20 minute run so I might be compelled to do normal TAs too.