PDA

View Full Version : What do you think is 'enough HP'?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 9, 2013, 11:23 PM
Title.

Me personally, I'm running around with 3x equestrio XQ units. No HP affixes. I have 121 PP, but knowing you're one bad double hit away from talking to the dirt with 1100+ in each defense stat even at full HP is troubling.

I have 638 hp as a 60/60 fi/hu -_-

jcart953
Oct 9, 2013, 11:34 PM
Honestly from all the nico videos I've seen most people don't even care for hp. I swear everytime I watch them people's hp seem to get lower and lower lol. I think people care more about getting high amounts of pp. I usually try and get between 120-130ish myself depending on what class combo I play others I've seen go for 150ish.

Oh are you a dewman or something because my br/hu has 800 hp and I've added absolutely no hp affixed what so ever.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 9, 2013, 11:39 PM
Honestly from all the nico videos I've seen most people don't even care for hp. I swear everytime I watch them people's hp seem to get lower and lower lol. I think people care more about getting high amounts of pp. I usually try and get between 120-130ish myself depending on what class combo I play others I've seen go for 150ish.

Oh are you a dewman or something because my br/hu has 800 hp and I've added absolutely no hp affixed what so ever.

Newman. Either way, base HP is the same as dewman :/

edit: correction, lower

UnLucky
Oct 9, 2013, 11:53 PM
However much you need to not get OHKO

Or, however much you're comfortable with.

There really is no baseline for HP. Obviously the 0 S-Def folks completely disregard their health to focus on max damage, but that doesn't necessarily work for everyone.

I generally use the split HP/PP soul and Stamina Boost for my affixes. They tend to be cheaper, and the souls are only -10HP or -1PP compared to the pure ones. If you mix and matched the different types of souls, you would actually end up with fewer stats overall, since HP souls don't have 30HP or 20HP/1PP like you would expect.

Zenobia
Oct 10, 2013, 12:08 AM
Never seen HP to actually matter sense you get revived in MPA's anyway. Only time it does is if you solo purely.

UMVC3_Wolverine
Oct 10, 2013, 12:19 AM
There's no baseline for how much HP you need IMO.

However, everyone plays the game differently and everyone has their own style (well atleast i do lol).

If you're dying a lot, then maybe considered some more HP. What Zenobia said is kinda true, but there are some draw backs to that.

I personally hate dying and it's a sign of weakness for me. It's shameful to me. So I rarely die. Also dying a lot can actually be a problem for your PT. Because when someone stops to revive you you are making them lose DPS and on top of that you are putting them at risk of being hit or killed while in the ultra long animation of the revival.

Someone who dies constantly is an annoyance and a bad player and someone i wouldnt want in my parties.

Zenobia
Oct 10, 2013, 12:28 AM
Yeah only time I see myself dying is when I try to fast break and res someone that's when the enemy is like "What?! You ress him?! Okay now you die!" which seems to be my fate 100% f the time.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 10, 2013, 12:33 AM
Well lets just say this is my current setup:

Everything is quartz soul, power 3, power boost (except fossil bower has burn i with those affixes, and I plan to 4x twin kamui with a stat effect too. Rogue coffin has mizer, shoot 3, shoot boost instead). 1800+ s atk.

Considering dropping the 3 power boosts off of the units (and pissing away that power boost investment) for stamina boosts. 75 s atk for 135 hp. Take from that what you will.

Chdata
Oct 10, 2013, 12:36 AM
around 750-800 has always seemed nice, but that was for VH. Now that I'm undergeared, I don't know what's good for SH.

"Enough HP for 3 hits"

UnLucky
Oct 10, 2013, 12:42 AM
Yeah, the reason I only say enough HP for oneshots is because trying to survive two or three big hits is pretty much impossible. Sacrifice everything you have in order to be as tanky as possible and you'll still die in one combo.

Every time you take damage is because you screwed up. That's how you get better. Learn from your mistakes so you stop dying so much.

Sandmind
Oct 10, 2013, 12:48 AM
Before doing any re-affix'ing, I'd play around as before and see if you can live with them on in SH. Maybe it will require re-adjusting your playstyle depending of what sega messed with.

My FOTE newearl is sitting at 560hp ish at 60/60 with snow banther set affix'ed with elder/tech3/Spirita boost. I usually do fine, unless I start getting careless when I shouldn't ofc. But I admit it's fun to use my lucky find shouldot set from time to time for said lucky find and massive hp/strike resist boost (around 730hp).

Basicly, you can toy with a 2nd unit set and see if you prefer more survival or would be fine with switching units on the fly.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 10, 2013, 12:54 AM
Yeah, the reason I only say enough HP for oneshots is because trying to survive two or three big hits is pretty much impossible. Sacrifice everything you have in order to be as tanky as possible and you'll still die in one combo.

Every time you take damage is because you screwed up. That's how you get better. Learn from your mistakes so you stop dying so much.

True enough, but I'd like to safely survive something like... a (pre)dichada tagteam/2 hit combo if I'm around/at full HP seeing as they attempt to abuse the player's blindspot the most. I think that would be an ideal.

Darki
Oct 10, 2013, 02:39 AM
As a squishy FO/HUnewearl, I don't hope to have enough health to resist more than a couple hits, so I don't really care for HP in my equipment. As long as I can resist one or two hits from normal enemies, and having Iron Will to keep me alive most of the times from heavy-hitters, I'm happy enough to be able to throw a fast Resta in there.

Inazuma
Oct 10, 2013, 02:41 AM
I play force and my HP is less than 500. It's normal for me to die in one or two hits from almost everything. Considering how easy this game is, and how death is meaningless, it just doesn't matter. The only time HP (and defense in general) could matter is when you are soloing a boss or a certain quest that will fail you if you die.

Having high PP helps me die less than having high HP would. Thanks to having high PP, I can use stronger attacks, attack more often, and use gunslash less often. The best defense is a good offense.

Yutaka20
Oct 10, 2013, 03:05 AM
actually it depends on ur playstyle...and ur connection LOL!
if u are the kind that dont dodge/bad at dodging.apply more hp.

or if u kinda get hit so often dueto lag.hp increment would be a good idea for u.
for most of us.hp is not really so much important.

most ppl prefer more pp to spam skills.

personally i like more hp cos of my low hp chars.(FOTE) although i practically dont die at all due to perfect dodge. there are days where u just simply get trolled so much (during falz arm entering...)where u just instantly get atked lol
and days of zondeel where u lag upon gathering mob(yea i love rod zondeel-ing :) )
so i love the extra Hp. hope that helps

Evangelion X.XX
Oct 10, 2013, 03:21 AM
As a melee fighter (Hu, Fi, Br), I need at least ~800 hp to feel safe, since I'm usually in the midst of enemies; also, I'll never know when I'll be blind-sided-flinch-locked-gang-banged by a bunch of mobs (especially during solo-play). With ~800 hp, I can sustain at least three hits from mobs and one to two hits from bosses depending on what they hit me with.

Also, I empathize with one of the posters above: If I can help it, I want to avoid death at all cost... don't want to be a burden to my party or any of the players in MPA's.

As far as PP goes, I want at least ~120.

UMVC3_Wolverine
Oct 10, 2013, 03:37 AM
My Fo/Te has almost 800HP. I'm using the Vardha units 3 slot with stamina boost. The reason behind this is that i'm new to FO so I rather not be a burden on people by having them stop their DPS just to revive me.

It also helps during the DF EQ's. Most of the time's someone wont revive you (atleast in my case) they just leave you there and if you're using boosters that hurts a lot.

My main a Hu/Fi (i rock fi/hu too but hu/fi is my true main) has over 1300HP and 4 slotted equipment. As a Hu and a sword mainer I never felt the need of more PP. Everything dies before I run out of PP.

My high HP turns into DPS in a way for me. For example against a banther I can safely just sit there and JA a couple of OE's not caring of his attacks tanking through them while landing my powerful OE attacks.

All of this info is from VH though. I don't think i would be able to do this to the lvl 65 bosses =P But then again my gear is now "out dated"

I'm waiting for my red ardillo sword and the purple fen set with probably like 300 s-def+ LOL I bet teh arm piece is gonna cost like 100mill just like the current arm set for the fen set now.

UnLucky
Oct 10, 2013, 03:39 AM
Yeah when I'm leveling as Hu/Gu or Hu/Ra I've got over 900 HP with the Vardha set on. Makes me way too lazy since I can eat hits, even against lv60 Falz. That would almost be a good idea if he didn't freeze you.

hoangsea
Oct 10, 2013, 03:42 AM
638 hp is too risky at SH mode

Chik'Tikka
Oct 10, 2013, 04:12 AM
playin SH mines, watched someone with good units, at level 60 or 61 get one hit and go all 0.0 about taking 1000+ dmg from said hit, so imo, there is no such thing as too much HP+^_^+

Saffran
Oct 10, 2013, 05:42 AM
Once you get around 60/60, depending on your gear will sit around 700HP. That's enough for one hit, maybe two from the small fry. That's all you need, really.

Coatl
Oct 10, 2013, 07:14 AM
I disagree about dying not mattering. In a multiparty yeah, nothing matters much since everything gets steamrolled. Though what if you die right before a rare lv4 infected boss does? You just lost 80k+ of EXP because at that moment dying did matter. In a 4-man party dying means someone has to make themselves vunerable for ten whole seconds just to revive you. It's pretty risky on their part, and it slows them down too. Which is why I try to avoid dying, as to not be a burden to the party.

That being said, I have roughly..
550-600 HP as FO/TE FO/BR or FO/FI
850-880 HP as GU/HU RA/HU
900-1040 HP as FI/HU HU/FI

I built my fighter with vol soul + stamina boost which I sort of regret now. Would have gotten a lot more mileage from using quartz + Spirita. :I

Gama
Oct 10, 2013, 07:45 AM
Title.

Me personally, I'm running around with 3x equestrio XQ units. No HP affixes. I have 121 PP, but knowing you're one bad double hit away from talking to the dirt with 1100+ in each defense stat even at full HP is troubling.

I have 638 hp as a 60/60 fi/hu -_-
i have 723 hp, and i'm a fo/te.

i have afixes that give hp, and the set gives a good stat boost, but SH eats my hp like nothing.

Rexob
Oct 10, 2013, 08:14 AM
I use a 4-slot Vardha set + my TMG:

1012 hp - 60 GU / 48 HU
130 PP
FS + Shoot 3 on all of it too

I like the balance I was able to achieve min/maxing HP & PP...I could easily swing in one direction more, but I wanted to keep ~130PP, at one point I had 140PP, but significantly less HP.

gigawuts
Oct 10, 2013, 08:25 AM
Whatever vader units and/or 6* spike units give me.

Saffran
Oct 10, 2013, 08:30 AM
Since you're into XQ units, why don't you run with 3 Dista? Innate Blow Resist (lvel unknown), 50HP per unit, and a total of 760Sdef. If you don't have enough with that, I can't help you...
N? It doesn't give PP? Yeah well you can't have it all, really...

Lostbob117
Oct 10, 2013, 08:31 AM
I have 945HP, my friend has like over 1300.

There really isn't too much hp.

There really isn't enough hp, as long as you have the damage.

RadiantLegend
Oct 10, 2013, 08:37 AM
I have around 820-879 depending on FI/HU or HU/FI. I just have to learn to dodge more.

Limbo_lag
Oct 10, 2013, 08:37 AM
Also consider that HP is affected by def stats, bringing up the "effective HP" thing we have :/ You could have 1000+ HP and still get easily killed if you use elder sets, for example.

Alenoir
Oct 10, 2013, 09:22 AM
I like having at least 700 HP if I can help it. (Not on FO/TE, obviously, but even that combo have 600+ HP.)

Basically, walk into SH and get yourself hit 3 times. If you can survive that you're good to go.

PS: Kill the power boost and expand your 11* to 4 slot, while putting a normal Stamina III on it. Add Power Boost back. :>

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 10, 2013, 12:18 PM
Since you're into XQ units, why don't you run with 3 Dista? Innate Blow Resist (lvel unknown), 50HP per unit, and a total of 760Sdef. If you don't have enough with that, I can't help you...
N? It doesn't give PP? Yeah well you can't have it all, really...

I'm trying to maintain 120 pp. I just Get that minimum from Equest, and full quartz soul. Equest is also blow resistant. That and I got these before they dropped the D requirement on the XQ units, so asking to farm another set is a bit much O.o

PS: Kill the power boost and expand your 11* to 4 slot, while putting a normal Stamina III on it. Add Power Boost back. :>

Trying to do what I can with 3 slots. 4x quartz soul fodder is at least a half a mil for random affixes.

I genuinely have no idea how people do/afford 4-5s affixing with ability 3 on top.

If anything I'm willing to drop power boosts for stamina boosts on my units.

Alenoir
Oct 10, 2013, 02:30 PM
Trying to do what I can with 3 slots. 4x quartz soul fodder is at least a half a mil for random affixes.

I genuinely have no idea how people do/afford 4-5s affixing with ability 3 on top.

If anything I'm willing to drop power boosts for stamina boosts on my units.
That sounds about right for fodder price. Especially now that a new difficulty opened up and people are trying to upgrade to better units.

See the thing is you're using 11*. You're probably going to use these units through Super Hard (and maybe into the next difficulty). You may as well make them actually suited for the long run (4 slots or more) instead of halfassing them with the standard VH slot numbers.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 10, 2013, 03:12 PM
That sounds about right for fodder price. Especially now that a new difficulty opened up and people are trying to upgrade to better units.

See the thing is you're using 11*. You're probably going to use these units through Super Hard (and maybe into the next difficulty). You may as well make them actually suited for the long run (4 slots or more) instead of halfassing them with the standard VH slot numbers.

I didn't consider 3x halfassing. It's enough for a soul, stat 3, and a boost. Ability 3 isn't really on my radar since I fail 90% affixes way more often than I should, and I simply don't have that kind of meseta to go through a few million to just get a 4th on a unit+quartz soul, let alone the other affixes I need with it.

ChinaSue
Oct 10, 2013, 03:13 PM
As FO/TE at 60/60 with 4s king units (Elder/Tech3/stam3/techboost) but spirita boost, I felt like my HP was fine. It feels like it is still okay in SH. Things don't really hit all that hard in SH. That said though, I feel like I have way too much PP. I have 126. I am considering dropping Elder soul for Ragne soul.

Please note that my opinions are based mostly on AQ. I rarely do TAs, but from what I hear, PP is pretty important in TA and HP is much less important. For MPA I don't think it really matters at all. Maybe lean a little more towards HP just so you have more room for mistakes and you don't die to random stuff like exploding barrels.

loool
Oct 10, 2013, 04:44 PM
HP is useless if you don't have the DEF to support it. I affix my units with pure ATK and just dogde everything.

deahamlet
Oct 10, 2013, 04:54 PM
Depends on class and playstyle.
My force/techer has Ragne soul on units because when I have 10 points in PP convert in my PP battery tree with fire tree... I really don't want to get one-shot by anything. I play to have fun, I don't always have perfect attention. On top of which, sometimes friends are weaker and more careless and I need to survive trying to get them rez-ed and such.

The only time I debated making new units with Elder Soul was playing fighter/force. If I ever decide to play force/fighter more than just for flavour I would focus more on PP and less on HP. Afterall, without a techer tree there's no PP convert to worry about (or sadly get to use wahhh).

If you have problems staying alive and your teammates are running out of moons rez-ing your silly ass, get more HP. Otherwise, it really doesn't matter in the end.

ChinaSue
Oct 10, 2013, 06:52 PM
HP is useless if you don't have the DEF to support it. I affix my units with pure ATK and just dogde everything.

I don't think not having enough defense would be a problem unless you are using Elder set.

The Walrus
Oct 10, 2013, 06:59 PM
>getting hit

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 12, 2013, 01:20 AM
I'll just throw this out there and mention I do solo quite often as a melee class, and TA if it helps with your opinions of an 'HP minimum' to shoot for.

Sayara
Oct 12, 2013, 01:30 AM
1086-1100 is what i usually shoot for. Thats after i use Guts Drink EX though. With the Am Ruah Rod, Diabolic Gauntlets... i got around 880-910. I play very heavy emphasis on tank HU/te though. So i got alot of affixings focused on HP and defenses.

Just ask my friends. As I painfully shrug off Chrome Dragon womps and other shit in SHard MPAs and revive everyone hahaa... but don't ask me to do damage :|