PDA

View Full Version : What's Force skills worth to learn? Photon flares or Tech Charge Advances?

Kosmeg
Oct 10, 2013, 12:10 PM
You see this and that...
PF gives +400 T-att if learn with advance, Tech Charge Advances gives +20% to any charged techs...
Whats better? Always care to activate PF and deal high damage or play with less damage, but always active?

Kondibon
Oct 10, 2013, 12:14 PM
Percent bonuses are better than flat bonuses in the long run. Not to mention the fact that, like you said, tech charge advance is always on.

Kosmeg
Oct 10, 2013, 12:17 PM
So... Let's look onto powerfull tech as Namegid and some not that powerful, like Barta.
It will deal more damage with +20% or +400 t-att?

Sp-24
Oct 10, 2013, 12:33 PM
Unless Sega decides to give a very massive boost to enemies' defenses (which is unlikely, since players seem to really like seeing bigger numbers), Tech Charge Advance skills will help more in the long run.

Currently, maximized Photon Flare and 1.21 modifier of both Advances are very similar. The difference is that one (Flare) helps you bypass T.Defense better, while the other one just flat out boosts your damage - if you have a lot of T.Atk, you'll get a big boost; if you don't, you'll scratch your enemy 20% harder.

The problem with Flare is that it will require constant adjustments (which, judging from Sega's actions, will take a form of more dumb skills) to stay viable in the long run, whereas all Charge and JA Advances need is better gear and higher level caps. So, while I would suggest the percentage bonuses, since they stayed more appealing for over a year, there is a possibility that raw numbers may play a bigger role in the future, what's with Sega actually addressing gameplay issues in SH all of a sudden.

EDIT: Oh, right, forgot that Flare still only lasts 30 seconds. Yeah, for a "burst damage" skill that Sega seems to treat it as, it's pretty worthless.

Kondibon
Oct 10, 2013, 12:34 PM
So... Let's look onto powerfull tech as Namegid and some not that powerful, like Barta.
It will deal more damage with +20% or +400 t-att?

The multipliers on techs don't matter for this, they're always gonna be relative. :wacko: How different they'd be depends on your T-atk any way. At low levels 400 tatk is a lot but it doesn't scale as well as the +20% (you should have well over 2k t-atk by the time you're 65. Not to mention it only lasts 30 seconds on a 120 second cooldown.

Kosmeg
Oct 10, 2013, 12:45 PM
Umm uhh my t-att is 1.4k...
I am lvl 62 force and subclassing lvl 27 hunter.
Techer is lvl60

GALEFORCE
Oct 10, 2013, 12:51 PM
The only good reason to take Photon Flare is Motav Prophecy, which nearly doubles the effect. It's not worth the low duration and hp penalty otherwise.

Sp-24
Oct 10, 2013, 12:54 PM
I completely forgot that Photon Flare has a massive cooldown. So, even with 1,400 T.Attack, you'll be dealing just a little more damage that you would have with percentage skills, but less than 25% of the time.

So yeah, not really worth it now. And we aren't psychics, to see if Sega is ever fixes that.

Kosmeg
Oct 10, 2013, 01:23 PM
OMG Motav is crazy. Too sad I don't have one.
Well then... I guess, time to use reset ticket and go for Tech Charge Advances.
Thanks everyone.

UnLucky
Oct 10, 2013, 03:15 PM
Umm uhh my t-att is 1.4k...
I am lvl 62 force and subclassing lvl 27 hunter.
Techer is lvl60

You can consider it as a percentage of your total T-Atk. In this case, 400 is 28.5% of 1400. Yet it's only active 30s every 2 minutes.

Compare that to the 21% that the two Tech Charge skills provide and the answer should be obvious.

If you want to switch it on to Namegid a boss or something like that, Photon Flare would give you a bit of an edge. However, as you level up and improve your gear, that edge gets smaller and smaller. Once you reach 2000+ T-Atk, including buffs and drinks, the difference between the two options becomes negligible (other than the cooldown).

moeri
Oct 10, 2013, 03:34 PM
Once you reach 2000+ T-Atk, including buffs and drinks, the difference between the two options becomes negligible (other than the cooldown).

I would think drinks would be irrelevant since they give a percentage boost?

I might be wrong but im thinking...

1600 + 400 = 2000 * 120% = 2400
1600 * 125% = 2000 * 120% = 2400

So yeah, pretty sure drinks are irrelevant to the calculation unless flare is added after % multipliers... which would really make it trash. I am guessing buffs would be the same way, depending on which ones. So only your base t-atk (+ weapon) compared to flare additional t-atk should matter.

Idk, I could be wrong here... can't seem to find where flare is calculated.

Though, I still agree it has horrible scaling issues.

GALEFORCE
Oct 10, 2013, 04:11 PM
Drinks and buff multipliers only affect base stats. No affixes, weapons, set bonuses, and presumably no Photon Flare. Damage multipliers will take into account buff bonuses while those other sources will not.

moeri
Oct 10, 2013, 04:24 PM
Drinks and buff multipliers only affect base stats. No affixes, weapons, set bonuses, and presumably no Photon Flare. Damage multipliers will take into account buff bonuses while those other sources will not.

Ahh I see then. I seemed to have been mistaken, thanks for correcting me.

Still wondering about photon flare being affected by multipliers, but I no way to test it myself.

I'm poor so never messed around with affixing/weapons/sets so I never knew they were applied after multipliers. That would have definitely led me to assume flare was the same.