PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Returning Player With Some questions and opinions and concerns

deusalkaiser
Oct 11, 2013, 06:29 AM
Hello Its been a few months i quit PSO2 Due to time constraint with final semester in college.

That aside I have been playing PSO since dreamcast and have been a huge fan for many years, and from what i tried before ( i got to level 38 highest and a few other classes to around 20'ish) My only few complaints were:

1) rare weapons didn't really feel like rare weapons from PSO, what i mean is that weapons just felt like minor upgrades and a huge part of PSO for me at least was hunting down rares...although a huge inprovement from what i hated from PSU which was the rare had to be crafted.

- did they improve on this? I heard friend tell me higher level rares felt like old pso rares.

2) did they make game more easy or faster to level? ( please read below before reply to this if any )

- Now I would like to say I found the difficulty in the game perfect and downright awesome that they did not make the game a carebear fest or "casualise" or streamline the game. Albeit some classes felt a little more OP than others the challenge specially from some bosses I loved.

one thing that would down right make me not even look at game would be for them to make the game easy mode and hand hold people ( one of the greatest reasons mmorpg genre dying but thats another story XD )

---> hear good thing of new difficulty added so I am happy with this

Now my questions:

1) what changes to skill tree have they made?
I always felt like people were almost forced to max out some things and a lot of skill tree skills were useless and many people ignored have they improved on this?

---> would love to have a trapper Racast or Hucast once again but before they were almost useless and waste of points.

2) How is the new class?

3) have they made it easier to buy items in cash shop? I would love to support sega but they made it impossible to get money and items when i started.

4)
Last time I played was last winter where can i read up on patch notes?

5) did they add challenge mode or things to do in game?

Any information appreciated.

Arada
Oct 11, 2013, 07:14 AM
1. They have mostly added new skills to skill trees. There are very few changes to existing skills and they made mostly no effort to make the useless ones useful.
Traps are still worthless and Ranger still has to pick Weak Bullet and stuff around it to be competitive.

2. The new class, Braver, is stylish and dynamic. It's a very nice class at low levels but becomes quite weak in the end game.
It can use Katanas and Bullet Bows which make it very versatile. Most players play with Katanas which are both more stylish and more powerful (IMO).

3. No, you still have to use Webmoney to get AC.

4. Hum, hard to track, I'd say. Maybe someone can provide a link ?

5. Yes. Basically, since last winter, they added 3 major things.
- Advance Quests: They're currently useless (because of enemy level being lower than Super Hard) but they're single party quests with large mob spawns, higher infection rates and (up to super hard) higher levels for enemies. The Advance Quests require capsules (A, B and C) to be able to make runs. The first capsules are provided by the game and the rest is dropped during the Advance Quests themselves.
- Extreme Quests: Each is a "Tower" with 50 stages with various mobs associations (ex: Snow Banther + Snow Banshee + Zeshreyda) and small objectives for each stage (ex: "Do not get hit", "Do not heal", ...). Enemies are level 60 in there. You also get stones in the Extreme Quests which, with quite a lot of efforts, eventually enable you to buy 11* weapons or armors.
- Super Hard: This new difficulty was just released and provides more challenge overall.

UMVC3_Wolverine
Oct 11, 2013, 07:47 AM
Why not just log in and check things out yourself?