PDA

View Full Version : ways to increase my load speed?

pkemr4
Oct 13, 2013, 09:53 PM
during lead border break my load speed from lobby to campship is a horrible and i can barely make it to the teleporter. im running on lowest settings and i still can barely make it to the telelporter in time.

Lostbob117
Oct 13, 2013, 09:53 PM
Get a better pc.

Macras
Oct 13, 2013, 10:03 PM
mmm you could get a new PC or defragment your hard drive. or get a new pc, install then defragment it.

another option would be toclose all-non critical programs

UnLucky
Oct 13, 2013, 10:10 PM
download more RAM

pkemr4
Oct 13, 2013, 10:13 PM
been thinking about getting a new PC. unsure if i should build it from scrap or just buy a name brand desktop pc and upgrade the power supply and add a good GPU to and go from there :S

moeri
Oct 13, 2013, 11:37 PM
not something I have done in a while, but if it is just a slow hard drive, and you have a lot of ram... like 40+ gigs...

Then you could load the entire game into ram and see how that works.

electrolytes
Oct 13, 2013, 11:39 PM
If you want fast load speeds (and not just in games), make sure you get an SSD (or SSD/HDD combo) when you upgrade, buy, or build. I put together a desktop with one last year (to replace an old laptop), and went from usually-last to usually-first to load in TACOs and other stuff.

not something I have done in a while, but if it is just a slow hard drive, and you have a lot of ram...

Then you could load the entire game into ram and see how that works.
I tried this back when the game was small enough to fit and still have an acceptable amount of RAM left over, but didn't see any noticeable improvement from running off an SSD. Now that the game has gotten larger, it'd probably be much cheaper and easier to get an SSD instead of going with HDD+RAM drive.

moeri
Oct 13, 2013, 11:45 PM
Also, you can try using an external GPU if you are on a laptop.

Smithee
Oct 13, 2013, 11:50 PM
Don't abandon Quest. I'll call anyone out on that for being a moron because you lose money and time. After you kill the Mizers run to the first enemy spawn and then return to campship.

Cyron Tanryoku
Oct 13, 2013, 11:52 PM
Either you need a better computer or better connection

moeri
Oct 14, 2013, 12:05 AM
If you want fast load speeds (and not just in games), make sure you get an SSD (or SSD/HDD combo) when you upgrade, buy, or build. I put together a desktop with one last year (to replace an old laptop), and went from usually-last to usually-first to load in TACOs and other stuff.

I tried this back when the game was small enough to fit and still have an acceptable amount of RAM left over, but didn't see any noticeable improvement from running off an SSD. Now that the game has gotten larger, it'd probably be much cheaper and easier to get an SSD instead of going with HDD+RAM drive.

Ofcourse, but I am just being silly. SSD is by far the better economical choice. It is just that running things out of RAM is in a way more fun. An SSD should be slower than RAM, but I would think that it would be fast enough that it would be fairly unnoticable?

Personally I don't have a high-end machine, so I know nothing about SSD or loading pso2 into RAMs performance. Just a funny little thought.

Chik'Tikka
Oct 14, 2013, 12:17 AM
why do people only fight the mizers anyway?? that new rifle that's worth fortunes drops in that conveyor area more then anywhere else in game i believe, after you get thru that, let the gilnas kill you, return to campship, load mission again (from inside campship)+^_^+

Gama
Oct 14, 2013, 01:08 AM
its not your pc, its the way pso 2 was designed.

if you pc is low end i supose you will run at 30 fps.

in this game for some god forsaken reason, the framerate defines the loading speeds.

ive tested this. 30 fps i get around 8-10 seconds
60 fps i get half the time.
90 i cant test, my pc cant handle it.

but i guess the fps clocks everything on the game.

edit
----------------------------------
so after testing.

15.93 at 30 fps

8.20 seconds at 60 fps

6.70 seconds at 90 fps my pc cant reach 90 so the result is probbly wrong.

with shaders on i get 2 second increase on each framerate

also for some reason my pc caps at 77 fps, with or without oc

Aeris
Oct 14, 2013, 04:13 AM
been thinking about getting a new PC. unsure if i should build it from scrap or just buy a name brand desktop pc and upgrade the power supply and add a good GPU to and go from there :S

You way better off building it from scratch than buying a prebuilt PC since you can adjust how much performance in hardware parts you like depending on your budget, if you got parts from your current old desktop, you can at least reuse the HDD as long its a Serial ATA (SATA) one, keyboard and mouse and a monitor if you have those components.

Meji
Oct 14, 2013, 04:19 AM
Get a Solid State Drive and move closer to Japan.

Gama
Oct 14, 2013, 08:15 AM
no one cares bout what i said about the fps

;_;

red1228
Oct 14, 2013, 08:42 AM

;_;

I thought it was quite informative since you actually took the time to test it out. :X

Pdxdash
Oct 14, 2013, 10:09 AM

;_;

Cool your jets Gama! Only a quarter of a day had elapsed since you made your highly informative post about framerate affecting load speeds in game. I personally found this very interesting and would like to look into it some more, we can compare results soon if and when I get an authentication code for my account!

moeri
Oct 14, 2013, 11:46 AM

in this game for some god forsaken reason, the framerate defines the loading speeds.

edit
so after testing.

15.93 at 30 fps

8.20 seconds at 60 fps

For me pso2 will run anywhere from 5-15 fps... but load times aren't really my issue at the moment.

Gama
Oct 14, 2013, 02:18 PM
For me pso2 will run anywhere from 5-15 fps... but load times aren't really my issue at the moment.

well if you pc is at 5-15 fps, i would assume a new pc is in order. there isnt any ssd or overclocking in the world "unless you have liquid nitrogen" that could make the game run decently.

MissMalice
Oct 14, 2013, 02:24 PM
What you could do is start up a random mission, then sit and wait inside the campship before the EQ starts, and just start the EQ from the campship when its time to go.

Doesn't really increase your loading speed, but it has helped those of us who have slower loading speeds.

stl4jsp
Oct 14, 2013, 02:27 PM
Get an ssd drive should make loading speed a lot faster.

ruidzh
Oct 14, 2013, 09:20 PM

edit
so after testing.

15.93 at 30 fps

8.20 seconds at 60 fps

I used TACO to test each setting just now, from 30 fps to unlimited, every loading time is 13 seconds, except "unlimited" which got a 14 seconds loading time. Is something wrong with my computer?

Gama
Oct 14, 2013, 09:48 PM
i would doubt it, maybe theres something wrong with mine? ._.

but ive also had this, even in the beta when i was trying to find the optimal shader/fps ratio

i always loaded faster on 60fps or up.

maybe its a bug on the game?