PDA

View Full Version : Dat Border Break EQ...

MimiChan
Oct 14, 2013, 04:03 AM
I was wondering why Rare trans has a higher spawn rate than regular trans?
Rare 2.57%, Reg 2.22%

Which is pretty weird since Cougar is inline with other rare spawn rates at 2.25% to 0.02% rate.

There is no event that raises rare spawn rate (not that I am aware off) nor why it only affects trans and not cougars.

Is it something that they will fix?

And why the hell Mizer Soul still expensive?!

EvilMag
Oct 14, 2013, 04:10 AM
I think those records are based on how many people run into him and from what it looks like, its low because everyone flat out abandons after the first wave.

MimiChan
Oct 14, 2013, 04:12 AM
Even with resetting, he seems to spawn like 50% of the time which is really weird.

Meji
Oct 14, 2013, 04:13 AM
Mizer Soul will always be expensive, since those enemies are so stingy when it comes to soul drops. The Shoot III boost and +3 PP will forever be vital when affixing RA/GU/BR equipment.

Also, it "only" affects the Tranzmizers because people run that EQ only for the Mizers. When the first room is cleared, they reset and jump back into the first room once again.

SEGA did a bad job (or good job, depending on how you see it) designing this EQ. Everyone just want the Mizers, so putting them last would have been a better idea.

MimiChan
Oct 14, 2013, 04:22 AM
I mean, even removing Cougar out of the equation, a rare variant shouldn't outspawn it's normal counter part regardless of resetting it or not.

All boss has 2% to 0.02% normal to rare ratio.

Sometimes I cycle on 5 different Chrome EQ and don't get a single Haze while this EQ gives you rare monsters almost everytime.

Zenobia
Oct 14, 2013, 04:42 AM
Mizer Soul will always be expensive, since those enemies are so stingy when it comes to soul drops. The Shoot III boost and +3 PP will forever be vital when affixing RA/GU/BR equipment.

Also, it "only" affects the Tranzmizers because people run that EQ only for the Mizers. When the first room is cleared, they reset and jump back into the first room once again.

SEGA did a bad job (or good job, depending on how you see it) designing this EQ. Everyone just want the Mizers, so putting them last would have been a better idea.

All they had to do was right when you spawn into the room have Cougars spawn first then have Transmizers spawn right after them bam theirs your EQ, none of that going over the conveyer belt bs lol.

And Mimi-Chan don't worry about their spawn rate just enjoy the EQ while its their I don't see why its a problem with drops rares being as horrendously bad as is.

jooozek
Oct 14, 2013, 05:00 AM
it's not strange for the rares to have a higher spawn rate, it's a damn EQ after all it's not like rare bosses in wind&rare weren't a thing or the always boosted vaders from the EQ

Terrence
Oct 14, 2013, 06:40 AM
Three Border Break EQ for me so far, 1 Tranzexia each time, 1 Cougar NX ACE each time, both camo weapon drops each time. o_O I will not complain !

[SPOILER-BOX]http://imgur.com/GHyuskH[/SPOILER-BOX]

Xaelouse
Oct 14, 2013, 06:52 AM
even desert guerrillas is more enjoyable

SakoHaruo
Oct 14, 2013, 08:04 AM
you guys should enjoy it while you can and stop asking questions

let it stay invisible to radar o3o

Noc Codez
Oct 14, 2013, 08:09 AM

Pretty much this.. people complain when they get nothing and people complain when they do.. you just can't win.. I myself am enjoying all the rares dropping from this EQ.. so far 4 10* TMGs which is great for all the 10* passes I need for the new weapons..:-D

Sylshou
Oct 14, 2013, 08:32 AM
If only the rare snow panthers would have such a high rate to spawn in tundra explo, or I'm just really unlucky doing more than 20 runs and not spawning them.
Meanwhile yesterday doing SH Hans CO's with 3/4 ppl party:

Oh you want Rockbear? Nope, take 2 Rogbelt so you have to re-do the explo for the CO!
Oh you want Vol Dragon? Nope, take the rare one instead, re-do that shit!
(normal Gwanahda, spawned the rare one almost every time earlier though)
(normal snow panters, again)
Oh you want Quartz Dragon? Nope, take the rare one...

q_q

gigawuts
Oct 14, 2013, 08:40 AM
The number of times all of us have had multiple consecutive rare bosses when trying to do our +5 SP CO...

Honestly though this EQ is a disaster. I can't wait for it to be nerfed so the competent players go back to vader. The SH vader EQ is a fucking mess.

pkemr4
Oct 14, 2013, 08:48 AM
i wish they would atleast let you use telepines so you can go to the campship instead of having to abandon or run to mobs and die just to go there -_- (which takes longer imo)

Xaelouse
Oct 14, 2013, 09:55 AM

but the drops suck
in fact, the best thing to drop there is the new double saber from sparzyles.
Gekitsunata is also getting some price drops at least, but I'm sure there's a better partizan on the way

RadiantLegend
Oct 14, 2013, 10:06 AM
How can you not like the mizer ripper.

Coatl
Oct 14, 2013, 10:20 AM
but the drops suck
in fact, the best thing to drop there is the new double saber from sparzyles.
Gekitsunata is also getting some price drops at least, but I'm sure there's a better partizan on the way

It's free *10 passes, or cubes. The gek is worth a ton of money, and the tranzexia daggers are 4m+. The drops aren't bad at all. >_>

You are pretty much guaranteed at least one *10 if you use boosts, so of course people will exploit the hell out of the eq while they still can.

Also the price of mizer souls won't go down from this because out of all the mizers that I kill in the 30 minute window I can easily come out with 2-3 *10 weapons but only one soul. Can you believe that? Mizer drops more *10s than he does his own soul..

SakoHaruo
Oct 14, 2013, 10:26 AM
not to sound cocky, I've been finding rares without boost for the past two weeks. SH goes live, I pop 250/100% + boost drink and get nothing >_>

PSE burst during Fang SH EQ... I found 5 new 10* without using boost. wtf Sega :-?

TaigaUC
Oct 14, 2013, 11:27 AM
Yeah, that conveyer belt part is such a waste of time.
I like how we kinda have to work together as a large group, but it's just not designed well.

The Mizer portion drops way too much useful stuff compared to Cougar, who only sometimes drops camos.
Sucks when you waste 5+ minutes running through the conveyer belt and fighting Cougar, just to get nothing.

Sums up PSO2, really.
Heavy reliance on motivating players with (tiny chance of) rewards, instead of making the actual gameplay enjoyable.
If they removed the rewards, virtually nobody would be doing this same crap over and over and over.

Hell, even adding guaranteed worthwhile rewards instead of "you wasted your time and got 100 meseta" would help. But, alas.

The number of times all of us have had multiple consecutive rare bosses when trying to do our +5 SP CO...

This.

When the fug are they going to make rare versions count?
It's stupid as hell.

Honestly though this EQ is a disaster. I can't wait for it to be nerfed so the competent players go back to vader. The SH vader EQ is a fucking mess.

I just farm the new EQ for recycle fodder.

I'd like to try the SH Vardha EQ once for fun (not much point otherwise).
Seems hard to get into a full group for it, though.

I pop 250/100% + boost drink and get nothing >_>

PSE burst during Fang SH EQ... I found 5 new 10* without using boost. wtf Sega :-?

Sums up my experiences. Except for the part about finding new 10*.

The gek is worth a ton of money, and the tranzexia daggers are 4m+.

I have no idea what you guys are talking about.
All I've seen from farming the Transmizers for the past week are two Mizer Bullets and one or two Mizer Claws.

Z-0
Oct 14, 2013, 11:53 AM
When I played this EQ, I got multiple 4-5 slot items from Cougar everytime. It's seriously worth it to go to Cougar, I don't understand why people spam Mizer instead when his soul has such a low drop rate.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 14, 2013, 01:32 PM
Honestly, I'm trying to get my hands on a level 16 slide end... >.>

SisterPrincess
Oct 14, 2013, 02:09 PM
When I played this EQ, I got multiple 4-5 slot items from Cougar everytime. It's seriously worth it to go to Cougar, I don't understand why people spam Mizer instead when his soul has such a low drop rate.

Even people only do Cougar once in 30 minutes, these fodders are still only worth 10k due to how easily obtain.

Well, I did get 1 five slot 5*unit with Cougar soul, vinculum, mutation, ability 3, pow 1. Maybe I can get 500k for it...

But in reality, Cougar soul have low demand to begin with.

They could fix this quest with following ways:

1. Make 2 Cougar first and 2 Mizer last. (1 of them must be Tranzexia) (These Mizers always drop Mizer soul when unit/weapon dropped)

2. Make 2 Cougar and 2 Mizer appear at the same time. (PC block only) (Vita block being 2 Cougar then 2 Mizer)

3. Erase this EQ.

gigawuts
Oct 14, 2013, 03:05 PM
3. Erase this EQ.

Yes please.

We know they won't do that though, so they'll probably just flip the order without boosting anything at all. Sega isn't in the business of guarantees.

Zenobia
Oct 14, 2013, 03:07 PM
Even people only do Cougar once in 30 minutes, these fodders are still only worth 10k due to how easily obtain.

Well, I did get 1 five slot 5*unit with Cougar soul, vinculum, mutation, ability 3, pow 1. Maybe I can get 500k for it...

But in reality, Cougar soul have low demand to begin with.

They could fix this quest with following ways:

1. Make 2 Cougar first and 2 Mizer last. (1 of them must be Tranzexia) (These Mizers always drop Mizer soul when unit/weapon dropped)

2. Make 2 Cougar and 2 Mizer appear at the same time. (PC block only) (Vita block being 2 Cougar then 2 Mizer)

3. Erase this EQ.

I said this before w/e that 1, 2 , non sense you don't even need.

All they had to do was right when you spawn into the room have Cougars spawn first then have Transmizers spawn right after them bam theirs your EQ, none of that going over the conveyer belt bs lol.

^All you need right there I'll also take latter 3.

Kietsu
Oct 14, 2013, 03:58 PM
You'd think after Lili TA they'd never subject us to horrible conveyor belt segments again.
But this is Sega, so of course they would.

Also, Cougars would have to spawn after Transies. Otherwise 100% of parties would drop immediately after Cougars, because they're the ones with the drops.

Railkune
Oct 14, 2013, 04:00 PM
Whatever gives me rares is all that matters.

Zenobia
Oct 14, 2013, 04:59 PM
Also, Cougars would have to spawn after Transies. Otherwise 100% of parties would drop immediately after Cougars, because they're the ones with the drops.

I dunno if Cougars are the ones with the drops then why do ppl drop when they kill Transmizer?

That's why I said have the Cougars drop first then Transmizer.

Z-0
Oct 14, 2013, 05:05 PM
High slot units (4s+) with an attack 1 is worth a good amount of money. Far more than 10,000 meseta, and that is where the money is. It's why Vardha is such a great EQ and very rewarding, as it essentially does the same.

jooozek
Oct 14, 2013, 05:09 PM
they really need to unfuck shop searches, being able to look up only 1 affix at a time is really tiring

Z-0
Oct 14, 2013, 05:14 PM
Oh yes, I definitely agree with that. ~ _~

Zyrusticae
Oct 14, 2013, 05:24 PM
It still weirds me out that we can only search for one affix at a time to this day. Surely this is a highly in-demand feature?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 14, 2013, 05:35 PM
It still weirds me out that we can only search for one affix at a time to this day. Surely this is a highly in-demand feature?

My biggest fear with failing affixes is not the price of more fodder, but it's looking for combos for ~3 specific abilities...

Alenoir
Oct 15, 2013, 01:07 AM
Something about adding server load to the my shop server was their reason of only allowing one ability search. (If any of you were around on the morning of the bath towel release, that's about what it would've been like if we're allowed to search multiple attributes.)

Macman
Oct 15, 2013, 01:17 AM
Some pretty weak hardware if a simple "Power III Quartz Soul" text search kills it.

Also isn't affix filtering handled by the client? Since you can type the english affix names in with the patch and have it work just fine.

TaigaUC
Oct 15, 2013, 01:47 AM
Yeah, the search interface is just crap. It's one of the things that screams "we couldn't be bothered coding a separate interface, so we'll just make do with the existing one."
It's not well thought out at all. Their excuses about flooding the server are stupid.
I've wasted so much time checking prices for specific affix combinations before I put stuff up for sale.
I can only imagine how much time everyone else wastes.

Anyway, just thought I'd post to say I tried using luck boosts with the new EQ.
Rare drop 250% + Triboost 100% + Units 15% + Stick 15% = 380%

Got 2 Mizer Bullets, 2 Velkvelker (or whatever it's called) and 1 Mizer Claw.
Hands down the most 10 stars I've ever gotten from using a 250%.
I think the previous record was an Elder Rod or Rifle.
Super Hard difficulty probably helps a lot.

I got both Mizer Bullets in one run and both Velkvelkers in another run.
Kinda weird.

UnLucky
Oct 15, 2013, 01:52 AM
I found Cougar/Vinc/Mut units, who knows if it's worth more than 1k, I'm not going to bother searching it.

Imjake
Oct 15, 2013, 11:33 PM
2 percent chance? Seriously? I get Tranz almost every single time. At least for 1 of the 2 Mizers.

Zyrusticae
Oct 15, 2013, 11:45 PM
The 2% is for all the spawns in the entire mission, including all the stuff that shows up on the conveyor belt. It is NOT a 2% chance to spawn, period.