PDA

View Full Version : A little update/hint of PSO2 West status

HandOfThornz
Oct 14, 2013, 03:46 PM
Looks like my previous PSO2 West thread got locked due to spam! (http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/has-sega-s-switch-to-digital-worked/0119859)
Apologies for a new thread.

http://www.tssznews.com/2013/10/13/live-blog-sega-hardlight/
11:43
"Olsen states that he would love to see Phantasy Star Online 2 come out in the West. He notes that the game has been very popular in Japan and that has been consuming the development team’s time and putting their localization plans on hold. He stresses that it hasn’t been cancelled."

Anyone questioning who is in control of PSO2, this should give you a good idea!

Also SEGA were advertising for a Free2Play director for London, UK. This advert appears to have disappeared recently (http://www.gamejobs.es/tweet/2136/director-of-free2play)
Looks like they are building a free2Play team at London. I wonder if PSO2 will be centralized in EU, rather than USA? Hell SEGA makes crazy decisions, they may even split EU and USA servers up! Lol

Kondibon
Oct 14, 2013, 03:55 PM
I'm not usually a skeptic, and while I doubt it's canceled quite yet, this just seems like PR speak. It'd probably be better to just disregard anything being said until we start seeing actual results. Talk is cheap as they say.

Kietsu
Oct 14, 2013, 04:00 PM
I really have to wonder what they think they'll lose if they just announce it's not coming.
I mean it's not going to chase investors off - if any of those actually cared, we'd have PSO2NA by now.

pkemr4
Oct 14, 2013, 06:59 PM
at this point. i dont care if pso2 na comes out or not. ive made it to far in jp pso2 just to restart in the NA server.

The Walrus
Oct 14, 2013, 07:10 PM
Only thing that would make me care about a US release is if they changed things for the better.

Korazenn
Oct 14, 2013, 07:16 PM
Here we go again... :rolleyes:

ArcaneTechs
Oct 14, 2013, 09:15 PM
too much work fo SoJ so local is on hold, really, even tho we get updates they practically just unlock it for us while rolling in that AC dough

really doubt this is even the reason

Imjake
Oct 16, 2013, 12:41 AM
Remember, if they were to release in EU/NA we would start completely over and have to wait for all the content we have now. Id rather lose the majority of the social aspect when people leave for Western PSO2 and play with JP players than start all over again with a low level cap, few items, and 3 classes.

Edson Drake
Oct 16, 2013, 01:40 AM
I wouldn't mind starting over. As long as we get everything the japanese already have, so, not happening.

Also, the premium content would have to be tuned for the ocidental audience, I don't see that working here to be frank. It works for us fans of PSO, but new players? And I highly doubt the competence of SoA would be enough to keep this game interesting, and without game-breaking bugs, that Sega promptly fixes(mostly).

I wonder if they know of this community and simply won't bother about the english release? Sega is quite different from Nintendo, so that could be the case.

Yutaka20
Oct 16, 2013, 02:22 AM
1 sentence "Stop wasting ur time holding on empty hopes"

wanna know why?
1)most ppl are already well establish in the game
2)many invested time,money in it.
3)jp pso2 updates so much that even if west do comes out,it would be super far behind
4)u might not even have pso2 vita(affects some )
and some who already link their account to jp wont wanna waste time
5)if u already played the game for so long,u really dont wanna waste time replaying again,seeing same old contents,lvling up only to wait again for content release
(cos u are most probably so experience that u would lvl fast)
6) why do u even wanna bother with a west version when u already have someone whose constantly giving u english translation (thank you AIDA and many others for ur hard work!)

*facepalm*
oh wait unless u just started.that is all i can tell from a need of west server.
oh did i tell u?
Asiasoft might take on the English pso2
go for it if u want.cos seriously many of us dont give a knuckle crap to any lol

TaigaUC
Oct 16, 2013, 03:04 AM
It's just way too late. I don't even care about the English localization, but anyone can see that they've gone about doing it in the worst way possible.

Besides, even if they do ever get it up and running, you can be sure it'll come with strings attached that will turn everyone off (eg. splitting countries up, outdated content, censorship, etc).

Hitoshura
Oct 18, 2013, 05:51 AM
I think doing what Alaplaya did with S4 and just opening up English speaking lobbies and ships in JP PSO2 would be a better idea at this point, but I'm pretty sure SoJ would rather commit sashimi than support the western PSO fanbase.

Laxedrane
Oct 18, 2013, 06:31 AM
A lot of people playing the game already are not going to transfer due to how much effort they put into the game already. Which I think is a good thing. No negative Nancies running around telling other players how much better it will be and giving the new server and population an organic growth.

However I think what would really get players to move to the american servers and have it strive is balancing. Put all the changes to photon arts in there from the get go. Re-balance the trees at release. You know you regret how they are set up sega why re-release the same garbage?

Finally have an accelerated time table with a very clear notice to the players that it's that way to catch the server up on the content. I don't expect nor would it be good for the game for them to drop all the content up to now or what the jp servers would be then right away. However a faster time table, especially speeding up the very hard lull and not having them start at tundra in hard and have to wait for a month for a new area. Will go a long way.

I think pso can be a success in the west. Just the fan base once again will be split, which may mean the western version dieing quicker. However just becuase an MMO doesn't last as long as wow doesn't mean it's not a successl

Retehi
Oct 18, 2013, 07:20 AM
*shrug*

dooby613
Oct 18, 2013, 07:59 AM
I think doing what Alaplaya did with S4 and just opening up English speaking lobbies and ships in JP PSO2 would be a better idea at this point, but I'm pretty sure SoJ would rather commit sashimi than support the western PSO fanbase.

I totally agree, that would be perfect.

Kion
Oct 18, 2013, 08:44 AM

This is what committing sashimi looks like:
[spoiler-box]
http://blog.sushi.pro/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/sashimi2.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

As a side note, seppuku is the phrase for ritual suicide, but I hope you wrote sashimi on purpose because that was hilarious. For SoJ though, I don't think the dev team minds or really cares. They get paid to manage the Japanese servers. If they're not given the job or the resources or the authority to do anything for the game in another region, then it's simply not their territory. For Sega in the international markets it generally seems to be a bad management spiral of, they don't advertise or support their games, so they get bad sales, thus they don't want to commit a lot of resources, which means they don't advertise or support their games.

Utterly Vile
Oct 18, 2013, 09:09 AM
Mehh...I wouldnt mind starting over. But you know the US translation and, updates would be soooooo far behind. Sigh...

Pugas87
Oct 18, 2013, 09:47 AM
For Sega in the international markets it generally seems to be a bad management spiral of, they don't advertise or support their games, so they get bad sales, thus they don't want to commit a lot of resources, which means they don't advertise or support their games.

I can't agree more. I didn't even hear about PSU or PSP (or any sequels/expansions). I feel like i missed out! Lucky my friend told me about pso2 :D

Kikikiki
Oct 18, 2013, 10:05 AM
lol we pay meny doler so we no move

Jaqlou Swig KING
Oct 18, 2013, 10:26 AM
The Phantasy Star series has gone the way of Infinity. RIP EnStar RIP