PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid Classes Ideas!

MimiChan
Oct 15, 2013, 09:18 PM
Since it's maintenance, time to brew up some more theory crafting! This week's topic is called...Hybrid class!

Sega has done a decent way of introducing class that we can mix and match and change at will but most of the time, their skills doesn't synergize well with other class. So your dream of having a Magic Knight class is nonexistent or Gun with sword class.

So let me introduce to you...The new hybrid classes!

Gunbraver
Req. Level 60 Braver and Level 60 Gunner

-Katana with one hand while a gun in another, this new class excels on both melee and range with a smooth transition, all in one weapon!
-Weapon type, Machineblade. A Katana and Gun combo. Left click lets you slash while right clicks lets you shoot.

See it in action!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImKCt7BD4U4

Defender
Req. Level 60 Hunter and Level 60 Techer

-Wields a huge shield and is a defensive support class.
-Skill: Deathbound. Half of the damage your ally takes will be taken by you. Have to be near your radius to work.
-This skill utilize 'aura' type stance that empowers allies near your radius. Example are power, defense, regen, movement speed, etc.

See it in action!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgx4godTDdQ

Techgunner
Req. Level 60 Force and Level 60 Ranger

-Uses one handed pistol but enables to use Wind, Light, and Dark Techniques.
-This class excels on dealing rapid elemental damage from afar.
-Skill: Photon bullets - A stance that, instead of recovering PP per attack, uses the recovered PP to deal extra damage (so you wont recover PP)

See it in action! (at 1:27)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMv3ChVDhdw

Photonblader
Req. Level 60 Fighter and Level 60 Techer

-Uses rapier and enables to use Fire, Ice, and Lightning techniques.
-This class utilizes elements to enchant the weapon with various element and effects.
-Skill: Chance cast. Every time you use a PA, a small chance of auto casting a corresponding Technique.

See it in action!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUMG8n3wAx0

See ya next week! O3O

Korazenn
Oct 15, 2013, 09:58 PM
"Hybrid" is synonymous with "mixture" and we already get that with our Main / Sub class combinations.

I think you are referring to "dual-wielding" and "new weaponry for existing classes" more than anything else here. That said, I would like to see dual-wielding make its way into the game. As for new weapons, I can't say for sure that we really need anything right now.

Maybe another two all-class weapons with class proficiency like the Gunslash was to Rangers. So, Sabers for the Hunter-like All-Class weapon type and Slicers for the Force-like All-Class weapon type being re-introduced into the game, perhaps?

MimiChan
Oct 15, 2013, 10:07 PM
Main/Sub is too limiting for my taste and most of them offer nothing new than just extra damage.

Zyrusticae
Oct 15, 2013, 10:07 PM
Yeah, the only hybrid combination left is ranged-technique, and I can already imagine why they wouldn't pursue that (BECAUSE TECHERS SUUUUUUUCK).

I'm more interested in covering missing weapon types than anything else. Dual sabers, slicers, axes, laser cannons, and shotguns are all weapons I want to see return to the game before long. ESPECIALLY axes. I want to be a brute, and sword just doesn't give me that same satisfaction of crushing things to death with raw power. (Over End isn't the same thing at all!)

Korazenn
Oct 15, 2013, 10:16 PM
Yeah, the only hybrid combination left is ranged-technique, and I can already imagine why they wouldn't pursue that (BECAUSE TECHERS SUUUUUUUCK).

I'm more interested in covering missing weapon types than anything else. Dual sabers, slicers, axes, laser cannons, and shotguns are all weapons I want to see return to the game before long. ESPECIALLY axes. I want to be a brute, and sword just doesn't give me that same satisfaction of crushing things to death with raw power. (Over End isn't the same thing at all!)

This. ^

Also, what about the Laconium versions of weapons too? And not some ridiculous 7-9* "rare" pushovers, either. I'm talking the REAL deal.

Chdata
Oct 15, 2013, 10:22 PM
Here's my version of a sword gunner:

Weapons that have a gear where every time you hit with melee, if you click on them Just as your attack hits, you can shoot the same enemy for bonus damage that would make your DPS on par with PA usage. Doing this also helps regen PP. It's sort of like a just counter type of attack, but it applies to your own hits.

Raising the gear makes your PAs shoot more bullets at once and perform more slashes or something like that.

Edit: Also the most dual wielding you'll see in this game are TMGs, and daggers.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 15, 2013, 10:26 PM
I was mulling over an idea of BR/TE with that katana off of SH quartz dragon earlier today. Probably even completely dropping wand gear.

I guess that would be like emulating Weiss.

Wait... what's this thread about again?

yoshiblue
Oct 16, 2013, 04:59 PM
I agree, this would be great for Techer. Just give techer sub-pallet PAs that require other classes to use and a ton of Gunslash moves. 8-)

Sacrificial
Oct 16, 2013, 05:18 PM
what you call a gunbraver there was the sword n gun weapon in the eeeh portable series? kinda forgot.

And what you called a defender.... Ive played that for a while hu/te or te/hu is funny you can be a AoE melee or a tank that takes less than 80 dmg from a boosted falz. oh memories. But in the end i just went mainstream with everyone(almost everyone) else :D

And alot of ppl call that a wartecher.....fi/te te/fi

Yutaka20
Oct 17, 2013, 02:44 AM
i actually kinda like the ideal of weapon elemental enchanting.
since the game depend on element alot.
and no one really likes doing support ,sorry i mean no one even need support much.
enchanting skills would be a interesting addon the the classes.
a few ideas would be

Land enchantment : ability to change the area where certain element boost dmg
>uncharge : small aoe lower dmg, charged : larger aoe, higher dmg
<ability able to boost range by TE's Terr. boost>

Elemental weapon enchantment : for a certain timing,the person blessed by this gains element of cast.
>uncharged : shorter duration,lesser elemental boost,charged : longer boost ,higher elemental boost
<ability able to boost range by TE's Terr. boost>

defensive boost
elemental resistance boost : for a certain period of time aura absorbs dmg of certain element (applies on tatk type spells)

Kilich
Oct 17, 2013, 08:45 AM
We have only one Hybrid left, don't we?
Ranged/Tech

And slow/normal/fast melee, close/normal range guns and close/all range techs. Maybe some kind of a long range tech gun with element selection on shift? With melee weapon for variety, of course.

Kikikiki
Oct 17, 2013, 08:49 AM
omg hybrid 2classy 2hispter omg so kawaii

Darki
Oct 19, 2013, 04:54 AM
omg hybrid 2classy 2hispter omg so kawaii

You seem to have issues with hybrids. Let's hear your surely interesting story before we just dismiss yout post as a poor attemp at trolling.

Gama
Oct 19, 2013, 04:58 AM
hmmm posted this on the other thread.

we need a sub for braver not a sub for hunter lol.

New class: Chaser

Weapons:
-Trowing Knifes long range R-atk based.
-Throwing blades "like slicers" T atk based

the class would also be able to use support techs, resta shifta deband anti. but could not use offensive techs outside of the slicer link.

Slicers and knifes can be linked to techs to give them their element and effect.

example slicer with foie linked would be a linear giant blade that did fire damage to 1 enemy.
slicer with rafoie linked would be a smaller fast blade that would explode on impact.

Stances:
-blink dash- link katana combat but alows the user to move fast between targets and use regular ja or pa. kinda like a ninja warp, on this state defensive power decreasses to increasse speed.

-Blood Drinker: Life Steal i like this one from yoshis idea.

PA:
aside from the tech variants slicer could have pas that make it act like pso's slicers hitting all the enemies in range.

heavently knife- a big knife falls from the sky and hits one target, sucking hp to the caster for 2 seconds.

yoshiblue
Oct 19, 2013, 05:06 AM
PSO/PSU slicers(R-atk) and then PSZ slicers(T-atk). Because badass boomerang PAs are badass.

Gama
Oct 19, 2013, 05:09 AM
zan is tecnicaly a boomerang tech.

Darki
Oct 19, 2013, 05:18 AM
I don't really like your slicer concept. Slicer has always been a melee weapon. Even if you change its base stat to tech, the weapon would look more natural to Techer than to a ranged/tech class. Also, I don't like the restriction to not to use offensive techs. We have already a support class, so doing that you'd be basically requiring to nerf one or the other, and we don't have any other hybrid class that cannot use both sources of damage. Techers can use techs and melee, bravers can use ranged and melee as well.

I mean, if it can use only support, if it worse than Techer's it has nothing to do in a party where a Techer would be preferable, and if its support is better than Techer's, then you're gimping the latter.

Instead, Slicer could be like wands: make it to raise the gear in some way related to techs. Intead of just hitting with them, you could emphasize its ranged nature, for example, the further is the enemy you've hit with a tech, the greater you fill the gear bar. In turn, this would give an elemental bonus damage to slicer hits, and maybe an extra effect based on the element: ice would pierce, fire would explode, lightning would jump between targets in a non-linear fashion, etc.

But still, it would be a throwing blade, same with the kunais, it would fit more a ranged/melee class. In fact, kunais would even mach the samuarei-like style of the Braver concept. A Ranged/tech class could focus its tech skilltree in talis, which is already a ranged weapon, and have a cool ranged weapon to be paired with (crossbow?).

What we need for hybrids is not specific weapons that combine stuff (even though those are a cool concept) but also the freedom to combine both damage modes in any combo. As a FO/HU, I'd rather play as I do, being able to hit stuff with my TATK sword and throw techs in between sword combos whenever I please, than being forced to a premade hybrid mechanic like wand has.

We have techs already being able to be used from the subpalette. They could add PAs that could be used from the subpalette and that aren't limited to a weapon as well. Imagine a couple PAs that are kick combos, and that allow you to mix melee attacks while holding a ranged weapon. This would also allow for more weapon variety, since now we could have ranged weapons with SATK bonuses that would have any use. Maybe we could have ranged PAs like this as well, for example some shuriken-throwing PA that can be used while holding any weapon, throwing your weapon at the enemy and then jumping forward to catch it, or picking a stone and throwing it to your enemy's head.

DoubleZero
Oct 19, 2013, 11:29 AM
A true 'hybrid' class would involve the PSP2 License, plus a PSO1-style MAG to provide a significant enough boost to support the sub-class. Hunter/Ranger/Force main-class, with a MAG to buff the stats of the class making the hybrid. You could even single-class build this way too.

Using the PSO classes, Fighgunner is Hunter with an R-Atk MAG, Guntecher is Ranger with a T-Atk MAG, and so forth; Classes could be reversed as well: Gunfighter is Ranger with a S-Atk MAG, etc.

Darki
Oct 19, 2013, 11:51 AM
I don't see current mags being that lacking. I do fairly well as a Force/Hunter hybrid with a split mag, and since most probably we will get another 25 levels, it will get better. In fact, considering how far we got our mags in roughtly a year, I doubt we'd stop being able to upgrade them after level 200. Maybe not an increase in level, but who knows.

I'd say a 'true hybrid' class would involve a few less limitations over weapon ussage, and bonuses that only applied to doing 'hybrid stuff'. For example, something akin to Fury Stance Combo Up, but involving techs: your damage goes up if you follow a PA with a tech or a tech with a PA.

The problem we have now is that most bonuses are universal. A skill that increases damage will be always more useful to a 'pure' class than a hybrid, because hybrida have their stats split in two (or even three, taking a FO/BR for example). We need skills that would benefit people with split stats more; either giving damage bonuses to the act of fighting like a hybrid, or using the split stats as a bonus (for example, a skill that gave a percentage boost to a stat based on the amount in the other two ATK stats).