PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Customization System. What does this mean? Thoughts?

Imjake
Oct 15, 2013, 10:02 PM
Maybe the answer is really simple, I dunno. But I was reading the previews for upcoming content and SEGA says "Weapon cusomization system" moved to January. Anyone know what this is? Speculation welcome. I hope it's like the wardrobe system from other games where you get to use another weapon from the same weapon type's look. Thoughts?

Sizustar
Oct 15, 2013, 10:05 PM
Maybe the answer is really simple, I dunno. But I was reading the previews for upcoming content and SEGA says "Weapon cusomization system" moved to January. Anyone know what this is? Speculation welcome. I hope it's like the wardrobe system from other games where you get to use another weapon from the same weapon type's look. Thoughts?

We already have weapon skin for that.

Kondibon
Oct 15, 2013, 10:06 PM
It could mean so many things it's not even worth speculating without more information. :/ They've mentioned this several times before but never elaborated.

Friyn
Oct 15, 2013, 10:07 PM
*Agito's price skyrockets*

Wouldn't mind a system like what OP described. Most of weapons here look rather horrible, not necessarily the weapon itself but those colour themes....

Zyrusticae
Oct 15, 2013, 10:09 PM
If it's a system that lets us transform any weapon we want into a weapon camo, I'm all for it.

If it's a system like Aion's where you can override a weapon's look with another weapon, I'm all for it.

If, however, if it's just another pointless piece of progression with minimal benefits but maximum cost, FUCK YOU SEGA I'M OUT.

My 2c.

Cyron Tanryoku
Oct 15, 2013, 10:10 PM
You can megamerge two weapons for a Psycho Wand*

*Adaman

Kondibon
Oct 15, 2013, 10:11 PM
Some sort of way to turn normal weapons into cammos would be welcomed by me but it'd likely cost money anyway so eh. *shrugs*

EvilMag
Oct 15, 2013, 10:16 PM
Most likely just latents going up to Lv5.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 15, 2013, 10:56 PM

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuu.......

gigawuts
Oct 15, 2013, 11:02 PM

I fully expect this.

This and the grinding past +10.

yunamon
Oct 15, 2013, 11:11 PM
+15 grinding was mentioned months ago

Friyn
Oct 15, 2013, 11:14 PM

Oh god please no. Inb4 your weapon gets destroyed upon a failure when attempting to grind past 10. But you can buy an item to protect your item from getting destroyed for only 5k AC each. One attempt/item. You heard it here first

Regards
~$€ga

DoubleCannon
Oct 16, 2013, 08:58 AM
I thought this had to do with the fact jp hated how there was no uniqueness to the weapons as every weapon was the same with stats and whatnot and this system was suppose to enhance making more diversity between weapons. No idea what is planned though but thats just what I thought I read long ago.

strikerhunter
Oct 16, 2013, 09:03 AM

Bet it's most likely going to be both or at least one of these.

Only other logical suggestion for me is the AQ stones system to upgrade weapons into a new weapon.

gigawuts
Oct 16, 2013, 09:15 AM
I thought this had to do with the fact jp hated how there was no uniqueness to the weapons as every weapon was the same with stats and whatnot and this system was suppose to enhance making more diversity between weapons. No idea what is planned though but thats just what I thought I read long ago.

The solution here is easy: Remove affix changing and add negative affixes.

You suckers want your weapons to be unique? Enjoy.

Ce'Nedra
Oct 16, 2013, 09:18 AM
The solution here is easy: Remove affix changing and add negative affixes.

You suckers want your weapons to be unique? Enjoy.

Reminds me on le private server where you at some point could get 100% and negative % drops. -35% Hit Jinrai and such were fun. At least its unique :wacko:

gigawuts
Oct 16, 2013, 09:19 AM
I'm not entirely joking. I'd actually prefer that over what we have now in a few ways.

Enforcer MKV
Oct 16, 2013, 09:31 AM
It better not be the +15 grinding, I hardly consider that customization. >_>;

Ce'Nedra
Oct 16, 2013, 09:37 AM
I'm not entirely joking. I'd actually prefer that over what we have now in a few ways.

Well it certainly does make it more interesting to affix. I just wish weapons had more special attack like PSO1 as in Kings, Demons, Zalure and such. That made weapons a lot more unique, or in PSP2 with their SE you can pick when using Extend Codes and such.

I'm all for the Extend Code system to get a revival period. Also turning any weapon into a cameo would be awesome...I still use my Lamba Basillion because I love how it looks.

Valkyrie Lovrina
Oct 16, 2013, 09:45 AM
@ item customization speculation

+15 grind and lv 5 latents. all of the migraine, none of the payoff. I can see it now. (ツ)

gigawuts
Oct 16, 2013, 09:51 AM
Well it certainly does make it more interesting to affix. I just wish weapons had more special attack like PSO1 as in Kings, Demons, Zalure and such. That made weapons a lot more unique, or in PSP2 with their SE you can pick when using Extend Codes and such.

I'm all for the Extend Code system to get a revival period. Also turning any weapon into a cameo would be awesome...I still use my Lamba Basillion because I love how it looks.

Don't worry! Those will be added as skills shortly. Ranger will get Kings Trap (bonus exp for any enemy damaged by the trap), Ranger will get also get Zalure Bullet (it kind of has it with Weak Bullet), and Techer will get Demons as a skill that amps up Poison Ignition's power during Territory Burst.

You think I'm joking. I'm dead serious. These are 100% plausible. Almost every non-elemental-SE ability has more or less come back as a skill or PA in some form or another.

Ce'Nedra
Oct 16, 2013, 10:00 AM
Don't worry! Those will be added as skills shortly. Ranger will get Kings Trap (bonus exp for any enemy damaged by the trap), Ranger will get also get Zalure Bullet (it kind of has it with Weak Bullet), and Techer will get Demons as a skill that amps up Poison Ignition's power during Territory Burst.

You think I'm joking. I'm dead serious. These are 100% plausible. Almost every non-elemental-SE ability has more or less come back as a skill or PA in some form or another.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did really. I wonder what the melee classes would get though if that happens. In fact stuff like that could make this entire game suddenly much more interesting and make people make entire different skilltrees and playstyles.

gigawuts
Oct 16, 2013, 10:01 AM
The melee classes would get Automate Undeadline. 100% chance to automatically pay for a scape doll.

Gama
Oct 16, 2013, 10:04 AM
lol maybe well be able to recolor the weapons

TaigaUC
Oct 16, 2013, 10:07 AM
It says "item customization system". Where does it say "weapon customization system"?
I originally thought it was something to do with costumes.

Meji
Oct 16, 2013, 10:08 AM
I'm guessing accessories for your weapons?
I'd totally attach a rappy-plushie strap to my twindaggers.

MetalDude
Oct 16, 2013, 10:46 AM
You can enhance your weapons in unique ways! Oh, except Dudu is involved and things have a chance of going horribly wrong. If that's what happens then all I can say is it was a nice run PSO2, but there's only so much I can take.

pkemr4
Oct 16, 2013, 10:59 AM
maybe an implementation for the ability to change weapons appearences and stats or potentials to other weapons..? like yasmikov9000 with the stats of the new Black TMG's but with the potential of yasmikov9000 o3o

o0Kais0o
Oct 16, 2013, 11:14 AM

Thats what I'm expecting or maybe colour changes, this game puts a high value on dress up to be fair.

AlaskanKactus
Oct 16, 2013, 11:25 AM
Hopefully its detailed like the character creator. The ability to add accessories, change colors, and maybe even change sound effects.

Ce'Nedra
Oct 16, 2013, 12:50 PM
The melee classes would get Automate Undeadline. 100% chance to automatically pay for a scape doll.

I laughed harder at this then I should. Good one.

moeri
Oct 16, 2013, 12:55 PM
Hopefully its detailed like the character creator. The ability to add accessories, change colors, and maybe even change sound effects.

How about change size as well? Length? Width?

maybe add curves and such? (doubt curves)

Might be interesting... would be lols worthy too

Ce'Nedra
Oct 16, 2013, 01:00 PM
Know what I would love to see in this game? If you can pick being a lefty or a righty as far as wielding weapons go. It would make it so much more personal if you can fight with your left hand instead of the right always.

Terrence
Oct 16, 2013, 01:58 PM
Inb4 your weapon gets destroyed upon a failure when attempting to grind past 10. But you can buy an item to protect your item from getting destroyed for only 5k AC each. One attempt/item. ~$€ga
Can't you shut the fuck up when you clearly don't know what you're talking about ? SEGA is the least greedy MMO dev I know. Back on topic, the new Customization System could be the right to apply any weapon skin on any weapon. SEGA talked about that a few months ago...

jooozek
Oct 16, 2013, 02:24 PM
SEGA is the least greedy MMO dev I know.

then you prolly only "know" SEGA, no other explanation :-?

UnLucky
Oct 16, 2013, 02:43 PM
Weapon customization:

Transfer any latent you want from any weapon onto anything else to make something truly unique

Finally, everything can have 10% JA bonus!

Zyrusticae
Oct 16, 2013, 02:51 PM
Really, if it were something as simple as level 5 affixes and +15 grinds, it wouldn't need to be delayed. It has to be something more complex than that, right?

The Walrus
Oct 16, 2013, 03:31 PM
This is Sega we're talking about so ya never know.

Enforcer MKV
Oct 16, 2013, 04:16 PM
Weapon customization:

Transfer any latent you want from any weapon onto anything else to make something truly unique

Finally, everything can have 10% JA bonus!

...I'd put Photon Collector on everything. Haha, that wouldn't be bad! xD

MimiChan
Oct 16, 2013, 04:44 PM
It might be a system that lets you transfer Potential like Affix o.O

Sounds OP but it's so hard to get a good potential affix.
It's like combining both grinding and affixing in one.

Zenobia
Oct 16, 2013, 04:59 PM
You can megamerge two weapons for a Psycho Wand*

*Adaman

Gurl you got me wit dat megamerge mhmm.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C-Jcp4UsxI

Pugas87
Oct 16, 2013, 05:00 PM

I think it would be cool for accessories that have effects. Such as the customization in Modern Warfare (at least for ranger / gunner): adding a scope to refine your accuracy, adding an extended magazine to shoot more per JA, etc.

For melee? I dunno, photon injection to increase attack power?
Aesthetics are cool, but effects are cool too!

jooozek
Oct 16, 2013, 05:28 PM
It might be a system that lets you transfer Potential like Affix o.O

Sounds OP but it's so hard to get a good potential affix.
It's like combining both grinding and affixing in one.

it makes plenty of sense considering all the unreasonable potentials on some weapons, still, the best-nondamagerelated stuff life leech hueaheuaheau is on very elusive weapons

Sacrificial
Oct 16, 2013, 05:42 PM
(at least for ranger / gunner): adding a scope to refine your accuracy

I'd die for more accuracy on a rifle. This game has the worst 3-burst accuracy I've seen in a game. Even the 4-burst machinegun turret has better accuracy.

UnLucky
Oct 16, 2013, 05:46 PM
300m Elder Pain

To transfer or increase a foreign latent by 1, you need lv5 on the sacrificial item and +15 on the target. The grind goes to +0 on success, grind+latent goes to 0 on failure. Success chance drops 20% per level (80% for 0->1, 0% for 4->5) with +20% boosters in the AC scratch.

jcart953
Oct 16, 2013, 06:17 PM
I think it would be cool for accessories that have effects. Such as the customization in Modern Warfare (at least for ranger / gunner): adding a scope to refine your accuracy, adding an extended magazine to shoot more per JA, etc.

!
That's what I was kind of thinking, I mean it would be so cool if it happen like this.

BlakLanner
Oct 16, 2013, 06:28 PM
I think it will be things like affix transfer as well. I am just hoping that it is effective enough to stop our hard earned 11* weapons from being overshadowed by the newer 10* ones (like what happened to my Elysion right after I got the drop).