PDA

View Full Version : So..How much Me$eta did you lose?

Ran Yakumo
Oct 15, 2013, 10:34 PM
With all the rage being put into Dudu or Monica, how much Me$eta did you lose?

Biggest I've lost so far is 5mill.Was affixing Mizer soul and Shoot III, sadly, I successfully affixed them on one of my units.ONLY 1.I rage quit on the second unit because I had 200k left out of 5.2m savings.

And oh...I lost 1.5m grinding my Elder rifle 2 days ago ;w;

gigawuts
Oct 15, 2013, 10:41 PM
Realistically I've burned 60-80m on unsuccessful endeavors (grinding or affixing too many times over an extended period before giving up) or endeavors that well exceeded the average, usually in bursts of no more than 8m at a time (so saving is required if more is spent on the same failed venture).

But, then, I've also beaten the odds a number of times, like today. So it's hard to gauge the net losses on omgwtf rng.

Friyn
Oct 15, 2013, 10:44 PM
I'm still pretty new to the game, but I managed to blow 3m on those Falz DS when I tried to grind them to +10(don't ask why I bought them). After that I made deal with myself to not grind without grind risk reductions, or that I'll just buy +10 weapons.

.Jack
Oct 15, 2013, 10:47 PM
None that I can remember. Making fodders everyday from scratch mainly I tend to make a hefty profit each day by selling via shop. Anything that fails is pretty much covered.

wefwq
Oct 15, 2013, 10:48 PM
I almost burn about 20mil to get lambda lacruico back to +10 after i unlock lv1 latent ability.
No matter what i use to boost success rate it'll just fail right away.

Chdata
Oct 15, 2013, 11:15 PM
I was affixing 70% / 90% / 100% and my 90% failed. That's a 2.6m loss or so as I have to do it again.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 15, 2013, 11:18 PM
Just on a rogue coffin alone I went through about 7 million to get a mizer/random/random. 8 tries until mizer soul stuck. Said 50% chance (the occasional 10% boost thrown in that I had saved in storage for 60%); in practice, it was 12.5%.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Oct 15, 2013, 11:20 PM
I was affixing 70% / 90% / 100% and my 90% failed. That's a 2.6m loss or so as I have to do it again.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g326/Rasheed_Marshall/pso20130522_112838_000_zps7c5d70f2.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Zyrusticae
Oct 15, 2013, 11:20 PM
I'm cheap, so the closest ballpark number I can think of having spent on grinding/affixing is roughly around 20m. Which doesn't sound like much, until you consider that my net income over my entire playing time is something like 80m (half of which goes to costumes and emotes). Blehhhh!

xxmadplayerxx
Oct 15, 2013, 11:24 PM
Meh i dont even bother with grinding anymore, after i unlock lvl 3 potential on my flame brand i gave up that cost like 1.5mil to unlock to level 3, i was really lucky that day.

Kondibon
Oct 15, 2013, 11:25 PM
I have yet to spend more than maybe 500k on grinding (total, as in from grinding everything I've ever owned)? Even less on affixing. What's the point of spending so much to upgrade gear that'll be replaced easily? :I

Friyn
Oct 15, 2013, 11:28 PM
I have yet to spend more than maybe 500k on grinding (total, as in from grinding everything I've ever owned)? Even less on affixing. What's the point of spending so much to upgrade gear that'll be replaced easily? :I

You'd be surprised to know how many people actually like minmaxing. Also farming enough meseta to either affix yourself or to buy affixed items is a way to keep yourself busy. It's nice to have some sort of goal.

Kondibon
Oct 15, 2013, 11:30 PM
You'd be surprised to know how many people actually like minmaxing. Also farming enough meseta to either affix yourself or to buy affixed items is a way to keep yourself busy. It's nice to have some sort of goal.
It's a pretty masochistic goal then, based on how many people complain about grinding and affixing. Though I guess there's nothing wrong with that. It's just not my thing to minmax before max level. x:

Zyrusticae
Oct 15, 2013, 11:31 PM
A lot of those people are also max level, so...

Imjake
Oct 15, 2013, 11:31 PM
Probably lost around 10 mill total. However, I only very recently started grinding weapons and affixing them. I usually buy what i want. But armors have been costing way more than i could ever lose with the affixes I want when they are in player shops. WIth that said: Just in the past 3 days: I have lost 6 mill.. 2.5 mill affixing Dagacha wand, 1.5 mill-ish for grinding haze evol to + 10, and the rest trying, and failing, to get my 11* talis past +9. It is now back at 6 and I have 600k to my name LMAO!

KuroKanden
Oct 15, 2013, 11:33 PM
Grinded my Hereford 4x , potential lv3, costed me about 4.1mil which was'nt all that bad.

On the other hand, still struggling to make 3 slot sol / III unit fodders ; lel every III plummeting in price since SH update.

Kondibon
Oct 15, 2013, 11:36 PM
A lot of those people are also max level, so...

Only until the level cap gets raised again... and again... On the other hand there isn't much else to spend messta on anyway unless you're into phashion so... *shrug*

Imjake
Oct 15, 2013, 11:39 PM
Only until the level cap gets raised again... and again... On the other hand there isn't much else to spend messta on anyway unless you're into phashion so... *shrug*

Yep. This is exactly right. WHat else am I going to spend on? I have all the costumes and cast parts I want, and when new ones come out, they aren't THAT expensive. Ive over 6 mill on rappy suits for nothing more than CAST recolors for god's sake. I have one female andonly like a few of the female outfits, so that helps on the money front. But seriously, once you have the "best" weapons or the ones you want, what else is there besides affixing, grinding, and unlock potential- regrind.

Kondibon
Oct 15, 2013, 11:42 PM
But seriously, once you have the "best" weapons or the ones you want, what else is there besides affixing, grinding, and unlock potential- regrind.

To be honest I think this is the games biggest flaw. The lack of endgame goals. While a lot of games have meaningless (in the sense that you won't actually get more powerful) endgames they tend to have a larger variety of goals, either things that you missed on your way to the level cap, or things that you can now do that might unlock new e-peen stuff. Just... things to do you haven't done yet. Meanwhile PSO2 has you doing the same stuff at level 65 as you were doing at level 50.

EDIT: And I don't just mean the same KIND of stuff but the exact same things. I can do any mission up to SH at level 50. I won't always do WELL but I can technically do it, and it's just gonna get easier, not harder.

Evangelion X.XX
Oct 15, 2013, 11:43 PM
Aww dude...

Right after the recent update, I thought I was so clever by trying to 4-slot-affix a "50-Element-Light-Dio Aristin" sword (that had been ground to 10+) with Quartz Soul, Power III, Spirita III, and Spirita Boost so I can sell it for a very high price on the players' market.

All I have to say is that the result did not end well... and I ended up throwing over 20m at DuDu's face in total (50-"Element-ing", grounding, making fodders, buying stuff, 4-slot-attempts, etc.) before I called it quits. Oh well... if it's any consolation for me, at least I managed to 3-slot it with Quartz Soul, Power III, and Spirita Boost... and at least I managed to sell it for 10m on the market. So all in all, my net loss was 10m.

Sux big time... and I learned my lesson... REALLY GOOD.

BlakLanner
Oct 15, 2013, 11:45 PM
I pretty much spend every coin I get on grinding or affixing but have had terrible luck most of the time. I haven't gotten much to speak of out of it aside from my Ouster Cane (Elder/Abil3/Power3/SpirB) which became fodder for my Elysion (Elder/Power3/Tech3/SpirB). I should have screencapped my double 95% fail from the affix boost a few weeks ago as that one had me ragequit for a while.

I can only hope that I can make enough to get my armors properly done before the next difficulty shows up. I hate grinding and affixing but there is little else to do with the meseta.

Zenobia
Oct 15, 2013, 11:45 PM
I lost a lot back then during my newbie days of affixing back then when I didn't know jack squat about the process and or "How2play the market" after my trial and errors I have gained quite a lot of knowledge and being able to gauge whether or not I need this or that makes a huge difference.

So back then I lost about 40-80mill.

Ran Yakumo
Oct 16, 2013, 01:26 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g326/Rasheed_Marshall/pso20130522_112838_000_zps7c5d70f2.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

goddamn....

I knew the success rates were a lie D:<

Goddamn it Sega.I am a big TAer and not much of a farmer.I have to admit, I've been losing meseta whenever I grind a weapon/unit ;w;

I had a Lambda Vraolet with Potential unlocked.It went back to 5+ from 9+ I am not sure if potentials affect your success rate on grinding though.

Zenobia
Oct 16, 2013, 02:00 AM
goddamn....

I knew the success rates were a lie D:<

Goddamn it Sega.I am a big TAer and not much of a farmer.I have to admit, I've been losing meseta whenever I grind a weapon/unit ;w;

I had a Lambda Vraolet with Potential unlocked.It went back to 5+ from 9+ I am not sure if potentials affect your success rate on grinding though.

Latent abilities no matter what lvl it is it does not effect your grind rates its all RNG buddy.

Shinureal
Oct 16, 2013, 06:32 AM
Exactly?...I can't tell. I already stopped wasting money on grinding, I rather buy powerful weapons instead. I mostly spend my Mesatas on costumes へ(゜∇、°)へ but only cheap ones; maximal 300 000 Meseta, I'm very poor at this game because I don't play that much [○・`Д´・○].

Punisher106
Oct 16, 2013, 07:38 AM
Half of the time, it's grinding. I'm surprised it took about 800k to get my Yas9k's to level 3 Latent, +10, if I recall correctly.

Gama
Oct 16, 2013, 07:43 AM
around 20mil. i dont grind allot.

Ryno
Oct 16, 2013, 08:48 AM
ive never lost meseta because ive used it successfully wise. and just do TACO. and just buy it from player shops. and sell my grinders. easy as that. i dont grind at all.

pkemr4
Oct 16, 2013, 12:00 PM
most ive spent on grinding: 3 mil
Least ive spent on grinding: 30-50k

Crysteon
Oct 16, 2013, 12:13 PM
Probably around 24mil on a single weapon. I had a terrible streak trying to unlock latent Lv3 on a Fossil Bauer (even using +1 risk protectors from +7 to +10 on each iteration) and then overspending on trying to 50% it when Tricks were like 3mil each (bought 3 and used 3 5% elemental boosters).

Overall...I dont know...but before the elemental attribute grinding update, I used to spend a lot to 50% my stuff, which was pretty annoying. I've never had stupid luck grinding stuff, but the system itself is a risk you have to take if you want to have something good, I guess.

moeri
Oct 16, 2013, 12:32 PM
I stop whenever the chance turns red, so maybe I have lost 15k or so?

I have also only ever attempted to grind 3 weapons

Never affixed, or element thingy

I have three +10 units from forever ago. I think when the game went from open beta to "release"

The Walrus
Oct 16, 2013, 12:37 PM
Probably only about 20mil total factoring in reductions and grinders bought way back when. I don't really upgrade my stuff much unless things start taking too long. I also typically only put a soul and maybe some random thing on as affixes, or just buy decent already affixed stuff.

Game is too easy for me to give a damn about having super l33t hxc stuff.

o0Kais0o
Oct 16, 2013, 01:54 PM
Seeing as grinding/affixing gives me not much other than a migraine, I'd say 20ish mil. 10 Launchers are the devil -_-

Chik'Tikka
Oct 16, 2013, 02:34 PM
how much meseta can Dudu and Monica take??
All of it...
+^_^+

Zenobia
Oct 16, 2013, 11:21 PM
how much meseta can Dudu and Monica take??
All of it...
+^_^+

Meseta burning a hole in yo wallet.

Enforcer MKV
Oct 17, 2013, 05:05 PM
Meseta burning a hole in yo wallet.

The only thing making holes in my wallet are the photon moths. :lol: