PDA

View Full Version : One would think by now Sega would have a Public Test Server

ShinMaruku
Oct 16, 2013, 03:26 AM
Yes, Super Hard is pretty decent as content updates go in the history of this game, but I think they would be more efficient and quicker if they expanded their testing group much more with a public test server. All the MMOs and the 'MMO's all have something like that where they don't have to quickly patch up something when they go too far they have a much better idea what to expect with some proper testing.

Of course they will need a good testing group to tell them why and how something is wrong or off and give suggestions on how to fix it, if they have that good info they can better implement and actually understand their game more. It's Something some Japanese developers are catching up on. Team Ninja has made a better game due to good feedback that explains the game to them by people who know their shit. Something like that needs to happen for PSO2 if they want this shit to explode. I know there are enough people here who can break it down and we have translators. If you show them you are serious you'd be shocked when they come back to you.

That way they can avoid some of the lunacy of "X-class is too weak for this patch" when it launches because they will have data on that before so. Then they can better reply to these statements.

Sizustar
Oct 16, 2013, 04:24 AM
I think that hardcore gamer aren't a majority.
If I remember, the majority of people are in the 30~40 range.

riku2replica
Oct 16, 2013, 04:36 AM
FYI, Dengeki staffs are playing in Ship5/6. I think they have staffs interact with public players and getting feedbacks and report back in the magazine as well as sharing some info with SoJ.

UnLucky
Oct 16, 2013, 05:18 AM
At the very least, they need more player feedback surveys.

ShinMaruku
Oct 16, 2013, 11:18 AM
I think that hardcore gamer aren't a majority.
If I remember, the majority of people are in the 30~40 range.

It's always a minority who do the public test thing and give good feedback. You don't need a massive number a few hundred players who can really hit the servers and tell good balancing feedback can be done can be enough.

Surveys would need to be a great deal more detailed for them to know what is right and wrong. I think a dedicated set of people on a test server being observed and then reporting things would be more effective.

Alenoir
Oct 16, 2013, 11:36 AM
One of the survey questions back a while ago was "If you are given the choice to join a paid test server, will you be interested?".

So, yeah, if it's gonna be a test server it's probably gonna be a paid one.

The Walrus
Oct 16, 2013, 11:43 AM
One of the survey questions back a while ago was "If you are given the choice to join a paid test server, will you be interested?".

So, yeah, if it's gonna be a test server it's probably gonna be a paid one.

Seriously though that's stupid.

ShinMaruku
Oct 16, 2013, 11:47 AM
If there is a test one and valid people get in it will only benefit. The issue is the smart people hardly pay. :P

gigawuts
Oct 16, 2013, 12:02 PM
Ha ha what a bunch of morons. A minimum level to access I could get and even agree with, but paying? Oh god.

Enforcer MKV
Oct 16, 2013, 12:19 PM
Just for clarifications sake - Paid test server as in they contact you and allow you access and pay you or you have pay them in order to access? I know a lot of people are just going to jump to 'you have to pay to access it' but seriously - 'paid test server' could go either way. I dunno, it might depend on how it's translated.

ShinMaruku
Oct 16, 2013, 01:05 PM
I would not read into too much of them really having a pay one they are just putting out feelers. They ain't that dumb, they are that greedy though but something like that can't work when Nexon is breathing down their neck.

UnLucky
Oct 16, 2013, 02:50 PM
I would pay good money to tell Sega how stupid they are right to their face.

ShinMaruku
Oct 16, 2013, 07:13 PM
You can do that for free.

gigawuts
Oct 16, 2013, 07:14 PM
Kion tried but that didn't really work out.

ShinMaruku
Oct 16, 2013, 09:02 PM
Was being far too polite. Sarcasm works really well. Now I won't call sega stupid, I'd call them incompetent. I'd say the people who been paying a subfee for this game for longer than 7 months is stupid. :P

UnLucky
Oct 16, 2013, 09:21 PM
They wouldn't listen if I did it for free.

Mike
Oct 16, 2013, 09:26 PM
They wouldn't listen if I did it for free.
They wouldn't listen even if you paid them.

ShinMaruku
Oct 17, 2013, 12:16 AM
They'd probably listen if the developers heard why they fucked up and how to fix it. Just calling them idiots when there are more massive idiots supporting them is just silly.

Saffran
Oct 17, 2013, 06:17 AM
The developers are not the ones taking the decisions...

ShinMaruku
Oct 17, 2013, 04:36 PM
Suits have very little to do with how shit the game is. It's a few minor changes and they have something great.

riku2replica
Oct 18, 2013, 12:46 AM
Suits have very little to do with how shit the game is. It's a few minor changes and they have something great.

Still, Developers' effort (develop, testing and debugging) should be appreaciated. And as for the Producer and Project Manager constantly following the MMORPG cycle to keep a proper update available every quarter to keep PSO2 not to die/bored easily.

ShinMaruku
Oct 18, 2013, 01:07 PM
Their mistake is following that shit cycle too much. That only works when you have a massive pipeline to put things out quarterly. It should have been more of a hybrid.