PDA

View Full Version : im not taken seriously!!

CaptainFatts
Apr 12, 2003, 04:34 AM
it must be the name....or that none of you care....oh well it happens...<sighs>...

IceBlink
Apr 12, 2003, 04:56 AM
The more you write your sentences using proper English, the better the chances you'll be taken seriously.

Really. ^_^

Getintothegame
Apr 12, 2003, 04:59 AM
On 2003-04-12 02:56, IceBlink wrote:
The more you write your sentences using proper English, the better the chances you'll be taken seriously.

Really. ^_^

Yes.

Guntz348
Apr 12, 2003, 05:31 AM
With that name, I'd only take you seriously if you were playing pool.

CaptainFatts
Apr 12, 2003, 09:47 AM
play pool? haha! i haven't played pool in a long time. i know i suck at it though. oh and iceblink, not to sound snotty, but i do use proper english. i can't stand the "internet langauge", it bothers me. besides ever since i got the internet ive realized that people listen to you better when you spell everything out. its weird. trust me.

IceBlink
Apr 12, 2003, 10:03 AM
When I mean "proper", I mean by making uses of paragraphs. Don't let all your words flow in a endless stream. If you do, this will make people go "eh" and walk off.

Also, try to use capital letters. Yeah, it's a drag sometimes, but if you don't make any effort to make what you want to say presentable, then why would people want to make any effort to read? o_o

Well, you understand now. o_O

CaptainFatts
Apr 12, 2003, 10:05 AM
thanks for the advice. im going to try it out next time i have to post. well as they say, bad habits die hard. haha.

Zeebo
Apr 12, 2003, 04:01 PM
eh, I'm not taken to serious. Doesn't both me..
Why does it bother you?

Ness
Apr 12, 2003, 04:09 PM
If you say something valid more people will start to respect you.

Guile
Apr 12, 2003, 08:34 PM
I would take you so serious!
If I had any clue what you were talking about!?

Omni-SqwirL
Apr 13, 2003, 03:58 PM
First impression of people is the name. It is up to you to be taken seriously by acting like it when you play PSO. It's all a matter of time.

I don't know you, but you sound like me when I use my name online....so, I usually don't say much, and when I do, I say something that makes a point in any situation. I may not on this messageboard, but when I play PSO....I'm as serious as they get, except that I don't go off crying when I didn't pick up a rare weapon. Well, the best thing to do is be down-to-earth and kind.....people like kind people....most of the time http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

2Xtreme
Apr 13, 2003, 04:28 PM
When I mean "proper", I mean by making uses of paragraphs. Don't let all your words flow in a endless stream. If you do, this will make people go "eh" and walk off.

Also, try to use capital letters. Yeah, it's a drag sometimes, but if you don't make any effort to make what you want to say presentable, then why would people want to make any effort to read? o_o

Well, you understand now. o_O

Dammit, Icey! You beat me to it! I wanted to reem him out about grammar!

*Walks away grumbling*

angelzeero
Apr 14, 2003, 04:31 AM
its the thought that counts.
not grammar, not spelling, not whatever...
no offense, thats what i think.

Intimidacius
Apr 15, 2003, 03:38 PM
In order to be taken seriously, consider some thought provoking subjects such as education or business. In order to be respected, speak on those subjects accurately. In order to be emulated, be an animated character or video game character. In order to have fun, waste time.

Intimidacius finds that Twinkies tend to explode in the microwave after about 7 seconds

KodiaX987
Apr 15, 2003, 04:20 PM
Yeah, or say something revolutionarry like "CHEATERS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!1111"

Methinks PSOW needs to adopt a new policy: new members must send a copy of their high school diploma to the admins before being allowed into the forums. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Aurra
Apr 15, 2003, 04:38 PM
On 2003-04-15 14:20, KodiaX987 wrote:
Methinks PSOW needs to adopt a new policy: new members must send a copy of their high school diploma to the admins before being allowed into the forums. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

And pass a basic HTML test http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif