PDA

View Full Version : How are bonus drop rates factored?

Yrsofexp
Oct 19, 2013, 09:12 AM
Bonuses like the lucky rises i mean. Are they factored at the time of the mob's death, or when the item is generated (breaking a red crystal)?

Raymee
Oct 19, 2013, 09:36 AM
In most games, the bonuses should apply at the time of the item roll.

So generally speaking, the RNG rolls when the enemy immediately dies and your bonuses apply during these rolls.

It should start at the very first roll of the drop, if I am not wrong.

Macman
Oct 19, 2013, 05:38 PM
I thought people confirmed it was upon breaking the crystal by having a complete boss-drop CO on them when the boss died, then discarding the CO items, and then having the CO items drop from the crystal afterward.

pkemr4
Oct 19, 2013, 05:43 PM
i thought it was drop accumulation wheres, you kill 1 one boss and the next boss drop rates increase.

Dnd
Oct 19, 2013, 06:08 PM
everything is calculated when the drops appear, out of a boss crystal its when its broken, not on a boss death:

The easiest way to verify this is to kill a boss, pop a 10/50% meseta ticket, and watch as every meseta crystal that spawns out of it is boosted by 10/50%

musicmf
Oct 19, 2013, 06:16 PM
I thought people confirmed it was upon breaking the crystal by having a complete boss-drop CO on them when the boss died, then discarding the CO items, and then having the CO items drop from the crystal afterward.
Yep

everything is calculated when the drops appear, out of a boss crystal its when its broken, not on a boss death:

The easiest way to verify this is to kill a boss, pop a 10/50% meseta ticket, and watch as every meseta crystal that spawns out of it is boosted by 10/50%

Also this, although to save on Meseta Tickets, you can use a weapon with Meseta Fever.

If you have a drink that boosts Meseta, and you finish the mission by killing the boss at the end. You'll notice that the drink wears off as the boss dies. Thus, there is no bonus meseta for breaking the crystal.
If you switch to a meseta fever weapon after killing the boss, but before breaking the crystal, you'll notice an increase in the meseta gained.

Now, I don't think there is 'proof' that lucky rise works the same... but that's only because you can't really notice a 5% increase from already abysmal drop rates. But I would easily assume that it works the same as the Meseta Boosters, which do function as proof.

On the other hand EXP boosters or drinks work as the boss is killed. So you can use a drink with Exp Up, or use an Exp Boost weapon to kill a boss, then switch to a fully lucky rise set to break the crystal.
To get the bonus of both Exp, and Droprate.

----------

Also; this can be posted in the quick answer thread.

ArcaneTechs
Oct 19, 2013, 07:01 PM
Money drop should work the same way as rare drop, use the tickets before you break the crystal, not before the death blow