PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for new skills/tweaks of current skills?

Takatsuki
Oct 20, 2013, 10:20 PM
Obviously, Sega won't be reading this so this stuff will probably never be added into the game... but this is mostly just for fun.

Come up with new skills, or ideas on how to tweak current skills to make them more/less useful.

I'll start with a few I thought of...

HUNTER

Sword Gear Advance (5 points, Req: Sword Gear): Increases the rate that the Sword Gear meter charges, and reduces the rate that it loses power. Each level is worth 5%.

Wired Lance Gear Advance (5 points, Req: Wired Lance Gear): Increases the speed of grappling Wired Lance Photon Arts. This allows them to be used quicker in general, but also makes them more safe since they usually leave you vulnerable since most of them can't be canceled. Each level is worth a 5% speed increase.

Partisan Gear Advance (5 points, Req: Partisan Gear): Increases the speed that the Partisan Gear meter charges when you hold down the block button. Each level is worth a 10% charge speed increase.

Fury Crush (10 points, Req: Fury Combo Up): Increases the stun rate of your attacks while in Fury Stance, causing enemies to flinch more often from your attacks. 2% boost per level.

FIGHTER

Twin Dagger Gear Advance (5 points, Req: Twin Dagger Gear): Increases damage dealt to enemies when the Twin Dagger Gear gauge is full by 3% per level.

Double Saber Gear Advance (5 points, Req: Double Saber Gear): Increases the duration of the Double Saber Gear tornado by 1 second per level.

Knuckle Gear Advance (5 points, Req: Knuckle Gear): Increases damage when you Just Attack out of Knuckle's evasion maneuver after successfully avoiding an attack with it while the Knuckle Gear meter is full (It only applies to that ONE attack). Increases damage by 20% per level.

Step Attack Advance (10 points, Req: Just Reversal): Increases the power of Step Attack by 2% per level.

FORCE

Normal Tech Continue (10 points, Req: Normal Tech Advance): Reduces PP cost when performing successive Normal (uncharged) Techs. Each level reduces PP cost by 1. (And while we're at it, change Normal Tech Advance to be a 20% boost at max level).

Photon Blast Advance (10 points, Req: Tech Charge Advance 1): Increases the power of offensive Photon Blasts by 5% per level. Any Photon Blast linked with yours when you perform your PB will gain this effect, even if your own PB is not damage-based.

strikerhunter
Oct 20, 2013, 10:43 PM
Hunter:
-Remove the tank line.
-Turn the lines into weapon based with Fury stance gating each gears which gates the tree line.

Fighter:

Tree is well balance with the exception of PP/deadline/halfline slayer. Remove Stance Crit and replace them with the slayers. Wise Crit-->Dead line, Brave Crit--> Halfline, PP Slayer gated by both stances and requires 5 sp from each.
-Make chase apply to all damage types.

Gunner:

-Move Showtime under TMG gear with it gating showtime star. Change the effect of showtime from gear accumulation to increase Range damage (R/T atk) while retaining War Cry aggro.
-Make ZRA apply to all damage types.

Force:

Soooo much ideas..........
(one of the many) Get rid of current lines and replace them with too lines: conserve PP lines for sustainable damage and a nuke line that will run into PP issues.

Ranger: Most OP line currently and stupidly simple.

-Remove the dive and replace it with back jump tossing stun grenade. Need to wait certain amount of time before next grenade can be applied but during that time the player just jumps back and does the animation but no grenades pops.
-Dive/dodge line is replaced with stun grenade increased stun duration, lower CD, and stun chance. (stuns mobs but staggers bosses)
-Keep WB line.
-Launcher line status affects can be applied to all mobs and bosses.
-Remove trap line.

Braver:
-Combine all KC related skills into one skill except for JA KC.
-Split tree line into two line based on stances rather than the ugly looks we have atm with stances gating each of them while the bonus for those stances branches off so that it does not interfere with weapons. Katana under average and bow under weak.

Techer:

I don't even know what the heck to do with techer.

isCasted
Oct 21, 2013, 01:17 AM
I could post my long analysis on how skill trees could work better, but this time I'll post really quick:

Force:
1) Charge PP Revival Advance: PP restores when anything is charged, not only Techniques. 1 SP.
2) Elemental Combo Bonus: any striking or ranged attacks in successive JA starting with technique will get elemental bonus of that technique. 10 SP - 50% at max.

Fighter:
1) Twin Dagger Gear Advance: filling gear gauge increases PP restoration per normal hit. 1 SP - 1.5x at max.
2) Double Saber Gear Advance: every tornado hit restores PP. 1 SP

Friyn
Oct 21, 2013, 01:31 AM
I have to say, I really like the Knuckle Gear Advance OP came up with. It'd reward skilled play and add more depth to gameplay, exactly what this game needs. 5s duration increase on DS gear would be gamebreaking because it's already very strong and very fast to generate. Imho it should be 3 seconds at max, maybe 2 even if that.
I'd rather see it increase reach of the DS gear. Double Saber gear can be very annoying on some bosses. You have to get closer to the target(weak spot in particular) for DS gear to reach it, but because of this your Deadly Archer actually flies through the weak spot.

This is not directed to any specific person, but I'd just like to point out. Even though this thred is just "for fun" and these ideas will almost certainly never see daylight, still try to be as unbiased as you can be.
It's easy to come up with new skills/abilities, but when you take a closer look at them you'll often realise how ridiculously overpowered they'd be. I'm no different, I often fantasize about skill/ability X to be added to the game, only to realise it'd just do more harm than good.

Yutaka20
Oct 21, 2013, 02:02 AM
lol techer? i think many will agree with me if they add this in their tree

Rapid reaction : Increase speed of tech casting and speed of swing on the wand(5 LV)
*at max lvl swing or speed of casting will be slightly faster then rod user*
(wont want ppl to end up saying TE is OP compare to rod Lol)

Kilich
Oct 21, 2013, 06:08 AM
Nerf Fury, Ra's weakpoint and standing snipe and Gu's JA Roll, but increase the damage of Hu's weapons, Rifle and TMGs.
Gu could also stand nerfing range on IF and ER, its a close ranged class after all.

Techer is next to useless unless status effects and buffs start to have a value. It might make Fo and Ra's debuffs play a role too.

Zenobia
Oct 21, 2013, 06:22 AM
How force should be....(lel sarcasam)

And before anyone ask wtf is going on!?

The whole trick is called animation cancel or skill proc + chi/rage recovery weapon.

Blade and Soul type of thing.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YqyW4pFg8o

HeartBreak301
Oct 21, 2013, 06:52 AM
I only have issues with one class right now: Gunners.

Just my opinion but there are four things that should be addressed when it comes to tweaking this class. Most relating to Infinite Fire.

1: Tone down S-Roll. Flipping for a free weak bullet damage modifier? That's pretty ridiculous no matter how you look at it.
2: Infinite Fire. This PA lasts WAY too long for how much damage it does, it kind of ties in directly with S-Roll being the way it is.
3: Remove super armor and invincibility frames from most PAs. The fact you can't be flinched in Infinite Fire is absolutely ridiculous. Elder Rebellion to an extent, however you don't see it too much these days.
4: Increase the PP cost on Heel Stab. 20 is too low for a heavy damage dealing PA. Ties with Aerial Shooting (and now Raging Waltz) for the cheapest PA in the game.

When I join an MPA and can actually expect at least half the MPA to be some kind of Gunner class combination I get a little irritated. Somewhat because I look at everyone for being a complete tool and only playing the current most powerful class but mostly because it kind makes everyone else in the party feel like they can't do anything.

Arada
Oct 21, 2013, 07:25 AM
I'll tweak techer...

1. Make Territory Burst a Territory Stance, lasting 600 seconds. All points should be those of Territory PP Save meaning that the Stance would increase the range of support techs and, as you invest SP also reduce their PP cost (up to -10PP // 1 SP would be -1PP cost).

2. Make Shifta Advance and Deband Advance actually give a decent boost to Shifta and Deband. 10 SP shouldn't increase Shifta and Deband by a mere 4%. It should be 20%.

3. Wand Gear Advance (5 points): The Wand Gear explosion can inflict the corresponding status effect to the mob (Fire -> Burn, Ice -> Freeze, ...). Each point increases the chances (10% per point).

4. Wand Gear Drive (5 points): The Wand Gear explosion can be replaced by the "basic" tech of the explosion's element (Fire -> Foie, Ice -> Barta, ...). The tech uses PP as normal and comes out charged. Each such use reduces wand gear by 25%. Each point increases the chances (10% per point).

5. Change Extend Assist to not only increase the overall time of your buffs but also increase the length of the buff per tick (like Adrenaline).

With all this, you would already have great support skills and melee skills that can become nice.

gigawuts
Oct 21, 2013, 08:01 AM
Nerf Fury, Ra's weakpoint and standing snipe and Gu's JA Roll, but increase the damage of Hu's weapons, Rifle and TMGs.
Gu could also stand nerfing range on IF and ER, its a close ranged class after all.

Techer is next to useless unless status effects and buffs start to have a value. It might make Fo and Ra's debuffs play a role too.

You.

I like you.

Do all that, and then I'd like to see all skills apply to all damage types equally, however that necessitates a few changes to the damage formula.

First: Two new qualifiers for damage types: Penetrating and Blunt. All bullets are Penetrating. All physical contact moves are Blunt (so the kicky mechgun PAs, etc.). A couple striking moves would be Penetrating: Most notably Sacred Skewer and Sonic Arrow.

Second: All ratk-exclusive weakpoints stop being weak to ratk and start being weak to Penetrating. All ratk-exclusive weakpoints then gain a 5% weakness to all damagetypes for Weak Hit Advance's bonus.

What's this do? Everything that hits a head hitbox gets 5% bonus damage and thus qualifies for Weak Hit Advance and Weak Stance. But only Penetrating damage gets 2x damage.

Force and Tector elemental masteries should also apply to weapon element bonus damage. Having both fire masteries should turn your 50% fire weapon into a 72% fire weapon (an extra 220 atk on a 1k atk weapon). Heck, maybe even do 50% fire -> 116% fire, multiplying the collective whole of the weapon by the masteries (an extra 660 atk on a 1000 atk weapon). It would depend on other factors, so take this last thought with a grain of salt.

That's just for starters, do that and see how balance shifts after about a month. Per-class refinements would need to be more carefully thought out after such a broad change.

qoxolg
Oct 21, 2013, 11:15 AM
After playing a lot of TE/HU lately I came up with the following:

Wand Gear Release:
The biggest problem for techer is fighting bosses, because they take so damned long because techer lacks any type of good burst damage. Especially in SH, most bosses don't give much time to land many hits with the wand, edpecially with the slowness of ME.

Wand Gear Release lets you charge your wand attack by holding the attack button, upon releasing it will deplete the entire wand gear bar for a massive wand explosion. The level of gear will determine the damage multiplier: lv1: 500%, lv2: 1000%, lv3: 2000%. This wil put it on kindof an equall footing with HU PA's. The explosion will only hit the main target with full damage multiplier. The rest in its radius (Gi foie range) get regular damage.

Mirage cancel:
At the expense of 10PP you can cancel ME by using the attack button during ME.

Wand lovers
Wand lovers should get completly revised. In its current state it's completly useless.

I was thinking about this: While wand lovers is active all techs on your wand will turn into melee attacks the will point blanc cast the charged version of the spell directly. PP cost will be the same. Duration not to long to prevent it from getting to much OP.

All of the elemental garbage should be replaced by zero range stance, the increases damage of techs up close. FO should get a similar treatment but with long range.

Takatsuki
Oct 21, 2013, 02:27 PM
I came up with a new layout for the HU tree using only actual existing skills. What do you think?

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/zs7B3to.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

I also came up with a few more Hunter skills:

Element Strike: Increases Striking damage dealt to enemies who are weak to your weapon's element. (1% per level)

Stance Tactician: Temporarily increases the effectiveness of a stance when you swap between opposing stances. This applies to Fury/Guard Stances and Brave/Wise Stances. (Lv 1 is a 5 second boost, each following level is 1 more second with 5 seconds added at lv 10 totaling in a 15 second boost. Each level adds a 2% boost to the stance's effectiveness.)

Fury First Strike: Increases the damage of the first hit that you land on a particular enemy while in Fury Stance. (Each level is a 10% boost)

PP Slayer: Increases the amount of PP you gain when you land the killing blow on an enemy. (Each level is a 5% boost).

jooozek
Oct 21, 2013, 02:47 PM
here is a techer skill
Inferiority Complex: for every Ranger/Hunter/Force/Gunner/Fighter/Braver in the MPA you gain additional 20% damage for wand explosions

Sanguine2009
Oct 21, 2013, 05:18 PM
here is a techer skill
Inferiority Complex: for every Ranger/Hunter/Force/Gunner/Fighter/Braver in the MPA you gain additional 20% damage for wand explosions

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight all techers totally have an inferiority complex just becuase they do lower damage to bosses.....

you are the kinda person that deserves to be thrown into the sun

gigawuts
Oct 21, 2013, 05:25 PM
here is a techer skill

The best part is it would still be mediocre since most wand damage comes from the smack itself.

Sacrificial
Oct 21, 2013, 06:03 PM
First of all new skills need a fitting spot and not just be buried under everything. A wide skill tree for skills that are almost the same instead a long,small skilltree.

All classes. Gunslash Gear.

Hunter.
Give warcry maximum hate, instant.
Quick Feet: temporary movement speed buff.
S-atk up 4 Below flash tech guard2

Fighter.
Quick Feet: temporary movement speed buff.
Brave/Wise Stance Combo Up: More damage for each just attack for attacks in front/back.
Stance Dancer: Gain temporary more S-atk after activating a stance.

Ranger.
Rifle gear: shorten time between burst fire and faster reload speed.
Launcher gear: more range/damage.
Just reversal stun grenade: throw out a stun grenade after just reversal. (doh)
Traps..........erh....no timer.....I guess.More damage and no 1minute setup time.
Shift bullet/shell debuff to a place were they are not burried under a stone.

Gunner.
Gunrunner. Increase damage while on the move.(counter skill of standing snipe)

Force.
Talis gear. Have more than 1 "cards" activate to summon techs from.

Techer.
Deband/Shifta advance 2, moar critical hits plox
Wand needs more attack speed.

musicmf
Oct 21, 2013, 08:57 PM
Twin Dagger:
- Change the Shift Dodge to be a distance closer, similar to Katana Combat. Small parry frames during the startup.

Wand:
- Give this weapon type PAs. Preferably at least covering "Small Range, Large Damage" "AoE, decent Damage", and "Movement (Either retreating or advancing) + damage"
- Have wand gear interact with the PAs
- Make some PAs have charging (Because of new proposed skill)
- Should be overall weaker than HU/FI/BR melee weapons, but they should still have a nice kick, and good synergy with Fury Stance

Rod/Talis:
Remove Element from these weapons, and give them a similar (but weaker) system for Techs. Weaker since they can pick their element with techniques.

----

[Weapon] Gear Quicken
- Below each of the Weapon Gear Skills (Except Knuckle and Dagger, since they work differently)
- Increase the rate that the gear increases by 50/75/100% speed.

[Weapon] Gear Keeper
- Below each of the Weapon Gear Skills (Except Knuckle and Dagger, since they work differently)
- Reduce gear degeneration (Sword/TMG/Katana/Wand) to 77/55/33%
- Increase number of Gear Stocks (Wirelance/Partisan) to 5/7/9

----

Force/Techer:

Change Shifta/Deband/Resta; Have them all based on your stats.
- T-ATK * Disc Modifier * Techer Skill Modifiers
- Have Shifta raise your damage as a % modifier
- Have Deband reduce incoming damage as a % modifier (Think Deband Cut, and axe that skill)

Anti: Change this skill so that it is instant cast. Or at least make it so the non-charge range is at least decent, with the charge range being godlike)

Zanverse/Megiverse: Increase duration of these skills.

Reduce the spread of Elemental Masteries
2 mastery per element, 10 points each? That just raises one element compared to other classes maxing out a stance and it's UP for 20 points, and it affecting EVERYTHING they do.
- I'd say reduce the points to a max of 5 points for these.

Change the status effect boosters to be fixed additions, not multiplications. (Instead of Base Rate *10%, change it to Base Rate +10%)

Techer Only:

Move all of the Wand tree to a separate path, don't have it under any of the elements.

Wand Lover: Change it so it locks technique usage, but your PP is still regenerating so you can use it with PAs.
- Have it also be a stance, not stackable with Territory Burst (or the one I invented below)
- Have it also increase the effect of Wand Gear on Melee attacks and PA usage.

Territory Burst: Make it a stance (10 minute duration, 1 minute cooldown), increasing range by 50/75/100%

PP Convert: Have each level decrease cooldown a bit. Or increase duration. 3 seconds per level seems fair, so it'll have 50% uptime when maxed.
Also, remove the fistpump animation, or make the timer start when you regain control.

PP Charge Revival 2: Allows charging of PP when charging PAs (For new Wand PAs, and to Sub-Class Techer)

Support Burst: Stance, Doesn't stack with Territory Burst (10 minute duration, 1 minute cooldown) that gives the following effects to Shifta/Deband/Resta.
- Increases the duration given from shifta/deband by 100/200/300%, but removes 1/2/3 ticks from the skill.
- Increase the potency of Resta by 100/200/300%, but removes 1/2/3 ticks from the skill.
(Example for shifta, Lv0 = 15/15/15/15, Lv1 = 30/15/15, lv2 = 45/15, lv3 = 60)
(Pretty much, this skill is to get the full effect of Shifta/Deband/Resta in one burst, instead of over 4)

------

I'd also go for more things to increase Techer Melee ;
- Mirage Attack? To attack out of Mirage Escape
- Have a system where Techer can combine Wand PAs with Techniques. So you can have a wide amount of uses and unique abilities per PA+Tech combo.
- If you activate the Wand Gear from the 3rd swing, you can do a followup JA Tech which will be instant-cast with 0 PP usage. (Namegid not allowed)

But I don't know how far to go with these to maintain a sense of balance.
Hell, I don't even know if what I suggested above will do good for balance.

I just noticed as I switched from FO main to GU main, that I could pump out more damage, easier and safer, with less PP usage now. And my skill tree was very easy to manage, and I didn't need to purchase a second in order to not gimp myself.
And that's just FO to GU, I know that TE is simply that much worse.

===========

So yeah, I could go on with some other classes too, but I think just touching on Techer (Since barely anyone else is) should be enough for now.

Omega-z
Oct 21, 2013, 10:42 PM
@Yutaka20, Arada, qoxolg - I think most of these idea's are sound for Techer. I modified or combined the ideas that was there.

For Techer:

Yutaka20 idea

Rapid Reaction Lv. 5: Increase speed of tech casting and speed of swing on the wand. - This would have to be at 30% at Lv. 5 so the casting speed would be the same as Rods and have a little bit faster melee then Rods.

Arada idea's

1. Make Territory Burst a Territory Stance, lasting 600 seconds a Lv. 5 skill. All points should also add the effect of Territory PP Save meaning that the Stance would increase the range of support techs and, as you invest SP also reduce their PP cost (up to -10PP // 1 SP would be -2 PP cost).

2. Make Shifta Advance and Deband Advance actually give a decent boost to Shifta and Deband. 10 SP should increase Shifta and Deband by 20% or 1.2% of total end damage from you or dealt to you.

3. Wand Gear Infection Lv. 5: The Wand Gear explosion can inflict the corresponding status effect to the mob (Fire -> Burn, Ice -> Freeze, ...). Each point increases the chances (10% per point).

4. combine with qoxolg idea with Wand lovers.

5. Change Extend Assist to not only increase the overall time of your buffs but also increase the length of the buff per tick (like Adrenaline).

qoxolg ideas

Wand Gear Blast Lv. 10:
The biggest problem for techer is fighting bosses, because they take so damned long because techer lacks any type of good burst damage. Especially in SH, most bosses don't give much time to land many hits with the wand, edpecially with the slowness of ME.

Wand Gear Blast lets you charge your wand attack by holding the attack button, upon releasing it will deplete the entire wand gear bar for a massive wand explosion. The level of gear will determine the damage multiplier: 1 bar: 50%~500%, 2 bars: 100%~1000%, 3 bars: 200%~2000%. This will put it on a kind of equal footing with HU PA's. The explosion (Gi foie range) will hit all targets with the full damage multiplier.

Mirage Attack Lv. 1:
At the expense of 10 PP you can cancel ME by using the attack button during ME.

Wand Lovers Lv. 5: The Wand Gear explosion can add the "basic" tech of the explosion's element (Fire -> Foie, Ice -> Barta, ...) as point blank charged versions of the spell directly. The techs added uses PP as normal.

All of the elemental garbage...except EWH should be replaced by zero tech range, that increases the damage of techs up close. FO should get a similar treatment but with long range.

Zyrusticae
Oct 21, 2013, 11:26 PM
Well, just for fun, I guess:

General
- Make all +stat skills give +100 of their respective stat at full investment, with a linear gain (+10 of the stat per SP).
Right now nobody dumps points into these skills, and the reasons are incredibly fucking obvious. Even at double the effect, I'm still not sure they'd be worth using over something with a percentage increase in damage.
- Give critical hits a damage multiplier of 1.5x.
Give crits a fucking purpose already! Nobody cares about crits because they're completely bloody useless, and everyone knows it. Making them worthwhile would conveniently also put Techers on the map again, as Shifta Critical becomes a worthwhile skill to invest in.
- Make all % damage boosts universal.
Fuck this S/R/T-Atk only bullshit. Kill it with fire!
- Change the SP cap on Automate skills to 5 (same proc rate as 10 SP but for half the cost).
They're just too goddamned expensive, man.

Hunter
- Make all Fury Stance Up (including Combo Up) skills 5-point max, cut the effect in half. Move the lost damage into the PAs instead of the skills.
The extra free skill points should (hopefully) encourage some investment into defensive skills.
- Increase Fury Stance's incoming damage penalty to 15%.
Let's be honest here, the damn thing is overpowered as hell. 25% damage boost for 5% more incoming damage? Look at Average Stance and its pitiful 10% damage boost, and weep...
- Cap out all Flash Guard skills at 5 SP; double the proc rate gain for each SP.
Considering Hunters are supposed to be the frontline guard class, it shouldn't require so much SP investment just to be even remotely tanky.
- Make Massive Hunter work like a stance skill (short cooldown, long duration).
It has a very high SP prerequisite investment, so it should be worth the points. As it is, the short duration kills any usefulness it might have.

Fighter
- Make Wise Stance and Brave Stance instant on cast, with no cooldown.
Encourage players to do some stance dancing during combat.
- Same as with Fury Stance Up, cut the cap in half for Wise/Brave Stance Up skills and move the lost damage into the PAs.
This is going to be a trend.
- Change Halfline Slayer, Deadline Slayer, and Crazy Beat into damage multiplier skills.
Seriously, they should know by now that flat damage boosts are fucking awful unless the boost is ridiculous (like +500 or something to that effect).
- Change Halfline Boost into Abnormality Boost (increase all status effect proc rates regardless of HP level) and move it in front of Chase Advance.
I don't understand the obsession with having a bunch of shit take effect only at lower HP values, but it really isn't necessary to have more than one side of the tree with that prerequisite. Furthermore, honestly, is there any point to getting Chase Advance without a ridiculously high proc rate to begin with? Especially considering most things will die before a status effect even takes effect on an enemy, plus it won't work on any bosses...
- Remove Adrenaline, put it in the Techer skill tree and make it boost duration per tic for all shifta/deband casts.
Self-explanatory. Serious WTF here, SEGA.
- Change Knuckle Gear to not lose gauge from jumping or landing.
- Change Dagger Gear into a heat gauge, and let it only lose heat while on the ground.
Let's face it, this all-or-nothing shit is annoying as hell. Let's do away with that junk, yeah?

Braver
- Same as Fury, Brave, & Wise Stance - cut the cap for the Stance Up skills in half, move the damage into the PAs.
You saw this coming, didn't you?
- Replace Average/Weak Stance Charge with Average/Weak Stance Up II. Add Average/Weak Stance Charge I & II as a fork off of Average/Weak Stance.
This is more something to help put Braver on par with Hunter & Fighter as a subclass more than anything else.

I honestly don't have anything else to add for this class. How shocking!

Ranger
- As with Fury, Brave, Wise, Average, & Weak stances - cut the cap in half for Weak Hit Advance & Standing Snipe, move the damage into the PAs.
MORE SP FOR EVERYBODY!
- Change Weak Bullet to do one of two things: Either it creates a new weak point on the location struck, or, if it is already a weak point, make it multiply damage by 1.5x, rather than 3x.
I shouldn't need to explain this one, but just in case - it's overpowered. Period. There is simply no way you can ever, EVER make the other -bullet/shot skills balanced with this overpowered piece of shit, because it is literally impossible. Even if all the status effects worked on bosses, or if they applied their status effect to every single enemy on the map simultaneously, they STILL wouldn't be as good as Weak Bullet is in its current state.
- COMPLETELY redo every other -bullet skill on the tree.
Bind bullet? Panic shot? Jellen shot? What're those? Here's an idea, instead of making them replace your ammo like with Weak Bullet, make them stances that add guaranteed status effects to your attacks.
- Make the traps and grenades worth investing points into over Weak Bullet. Get rid of the need to stock up on ammunition and just give them a (short) CD.
If this means making traps so powerful that you can decimate bosses with them, so be it.

Gunner
- As with Fury, Brave, Wise, Average, & Weak stances, plus WHA & SS, cut the damage bonus in half for the S-Roll JA Up skill and move the lost damage into the PAs.
Hey, it's a good idea! What else am I supposed to say?
- Make Aerial Advance work when the player OR the monsters are in the air, as opposed to only the monsters.
Come on, this is how it should have been from the start!
- Change Perfect Keeper to only lose its effect from 80% of max HP and down.
This is the worst damage boost skill in the entire fucking game. It is easily the biggest pain in the ass I have ever dealt with, ever, in my entire time playing PSO2. Please stop it, SEGA. Please stop the pain.
- Instead of charging gear gauge, make Showtime increase attack rate/rate of fire of TMGs.
This way you can increase the rate of gear gauge charging and deal more damage to justify the point expenditure and look real badass doing it!
- Cut the cooldown of Chain Trigger in half. Cut its point expenditure in half (double the cd reduction per point).
Hey, even if Weak Bullet is nerfed, it still has to be able to compete with it on some level.
- Add a passive Chain Attack skill that starts a chain on any enemy attacked, but with a much lower damage bonus (and less flamboyant counter/SFX).
This should be a class-defining skill. Maybe put it up near the top, under R-Atk Up 1...

Force
- Scrap all the Tech Charge/Normal/JA Advance skills, plus Photon Flare and PP Charge Revival. Make a new branch with all of these skills (minus the tech-specific part - see the third general change at the top) underneath.
It really shouldn't be as difficult as it is to make a generalist caster. And Photon Flare being where it is just guarantees it won't see much use, even after a buff.
- Change Photon Flare into a stance skill (long duration, short cooldown). Change its damage boost into a damage multiplier (1.4x at 10 sp).
NOW it's a glass cannon stance. Want to deal damage, but be made completely out of paper? This should be your go-to skill. This should be like the more glass cannonier version of Fury Stance. For lulz, it should be possible to combine Fury Stance and Photon Flare for absolute monster damage, but you'll die from being tickled.
- Not skill-related, but change technique PP cost to take half for normal casts, and only add the other half of the PP cost when the technique is charged.
THERE. You now have a reason to just spam normal techs, and/or invest in Normal Advance. I still think the uncharged versions should do the same damage per cast as the charged versions, just with a massively reduced AoE/range, but that's just me.

Techer
- Cut the point expenditure of all the buff skills (including Territory Burst) in half (twice the effect per SP).
It's a class-defining feature, and really shouldn't cost as much SP as it does.
- Increase the strength of Wand Gear, and make its effect count as a technique for damage boost purposes.
So now if you have, for example, Dark Mastery focus, you should keep a dark-element wand to maximize your melee damage. That is, if you care about that sort of thing.
- Add an effect to Wand Lovers that gives wand explosions a large AoE.
Because WHY THE FUCK NOT?!
- As mentioned under Fighter's skills, move Adrenaline into the Techer tree and make its effect boost the duration of any Shifta/Deband tics cast by the techer.
I want 5-minute duration Shiftas, dammit!

With these, plus the changes to general +stat skills and the critical damage multiplier, I honestly think Techer would be in a pretty good spot. +15% crit chance (for the entire party/multiparty, mind you) with a 1.5x damage multiplier would almost certainly be in high demand, but hopefully NOT to the extent that current Weak Bullet is for bosses. The fact that Techer doesn't have as many damage boosts of its own helps to keep it balanced in light of this.

Whew, that was a doozy! I didn't expect to put this much energy into it. Kind of fun, really, even if I know nothing will come of it. Still, doing this really makes me realize just how FUCKED the ranger skill tree is relative to all the others - none of the other classes have a full two thirds of their skill tree being completely ignored like they do, unless you count Hunters with their Fury Stance (but even then I know a lot of folks who go for Iron Will).

Zenobia
Oct 22, 2013, 03:51 AM
Well damn....

Jaqlou Swig KING
Oct 22, 2013, 03:49 PM
Make Wise Stance and Brave Stance instant on cast, with no cooldown.
Encourage players to do some stance dancing during combat.

I like a lot of your ideas, but this is the favorite of all suggestions I've seen made for this game of all time. Not only would it eliminate the annoyingly painful getting flinched mid fist pump in a high tension battle, losing the stance, AND getting a cooldown anyway; it would actually fit Fighters speed based weapons. It would definitely make the combat a hell of a lot more fun and interesting, along with speeding things up and rewarding good playskill. Next player survey everyone on this forum should pitch this idea a million times with a million accounts in a million different ways.

Takatsuki
Nov 5, 2013, 08:21 PM
Came up with a few more skill ideas:

FIGHTER
Agile Stance (10) - Increases movement speed (running, not attacking) and gives a boost to Step invulnerability frames (much like Step Advance), at the cost of reduced DEF stats. At max level, running speed is doubled and Step invincibility frames are increased by 10%, while all defenses are cut by 5% (at lv 1, defenses are cut by 15%).

FORCE
Weapon Element Boost (10) - Grants a damage boost against enemies who are weak to the element of your equipped weapon, regardless of what element Techs you cast are, with a 15% damage boost at max level. (for example, if you use a Light element weapon to cast a Fire tech against an enemy who is weak to Light, there will be a 15% boost anyway, but if you use a Light tech, it still stacks the 15% boost onto the already factored weak element damage).

BRAVER
Tandem Gear (1) - Two small gear meters appear (the position changes if you have Katana Gear to be on top of it), one red and one blue. Using a Katana to perform attacks charges the blue meter, while using a Bow charges the red meter. The higher the red meter, the more damage your Katana attacks do. The higher the blue meter, the more damage your Bow attacks do. The gear drains slowly over the passage of time.

Emp
Nov 5, 2013, 08:27 PM
Came up with a few more skill ideas:

FIGHTER
Agile Stance (10) - Increases movement speed (running, not attacking) and gives a boost to Step invulnerability frames (much like Step Advance), at the cost of reduced DEF stats. At max level, running speed is doubled and Step invincibility frames are increased by 10%, while all defenses are cut by 5% (at lv 1, defenses are cut by 15%).

FORCE
Weapon Element Boost (10) - Grants a damage boost against enemies who are weak to the element of your equipped weapon, regardless of what element Techs you cast are, with a 15% damage boost at max level. (for example, if you use a Light element weapon to cast a Fire tech against an enemy who is weak to Light, there will be a 15% boost anyway, but if you use a Light tech, it still stacks the 15% boost onto the already factored weak element damage).

BRAVER
Tandem Gear (1) - Two small gear meters appear (the position changes if you have Katana Gear to be on top of it), one red and one blue. Using a Katana to perform attacks charges the blue meter, while using a Bow charges the red meter. The higher the red meter, the more damage your Katana attacks do. The higher the blue meter, the more damage your Bow attacks do. The gear drains slowly over the passage of time.

Any boost to Fo is pointless, cause almost every new skill on fo tree is goin to be somewhere at the bottom. Most likely ice tree. Any tech dmg boost is better placed on Techer than Fo.

Forces already a similar advantage like that since they can buy Esca Hermes, unlock it, and get bonus dmg for casting tech on weak point.

cheapgunner
Nov 5, 2013, 09:14 PM
Force
- Change Photon Flare into a stance skill (long duration, short cooldown). Change its damage boost into a damage multiplier (1.4x at 10 sp).
NOW it's a glass cannon stance. Want to deal damage, but be made completely out of paper? This should be your go-to skill. This should be like the more glass cannonier version of Fury Stance. For lulz, it should be possible to combine Fury Stance and Photon Flare for absolute monster damage, but you'll die from being tickled.

Agree with this 100%. The duration/cooldown on this is stupid. Wouldn't mind them giving the stance an increase of hate to justify it more. The skills for this cost too much SP to be decent and for too little a reward.

Omega-z
Nov 5, 2013, 09:50 PM
^Actually just give Photon Flare to Techer and make a new stance for Force to be like Fury instead.

I would remove the masteries out of the Techer tree and give them to the Force tree and combine a ton of skills together in each of them also reduce the amount of SP to use and get to. Also I would not make WG Strikes Tech's sense there not Tech's there element'd explosions from the wands Melee hits. Its the reason why Techers have EWH, just give it another element boost instead that boosts everything.

GradationAir
Nov 5, 2013, 10:15 PM
Maybe make Katana gear like:

Countering depletes meter. With no meter counter deals 500% powr. with lv2 1000%, lv3 1500%.

Edson Drake
Nov 5, 2013, 10:30 PM
Something I would definitely enjoy:

Remove double/triple/quad dash exploit. Increase running speed to a sprint by pressing *your button*.

Evangelion X.XX
Nov 5, 2013, 10:38 PM
I would like for gunner to to have no forward Dive roll but instead.... just give it a Stylish-Forward-Roll....

GradationAir
Nov 5, 2013, 11:14 PM
Something I would definitely enjoy:

Remove double/triple/quad dash exploit. Increase running speed to a sprint by pressing *your button*.

u just mad cuz you can't do quad dash

suzaku0zero0
Nov 6, 2013, 01:05 AM
Photon force

Requirement: get lvl 30 in all classes in all characters

What it does: for a limited time you get a total base stats of all your classes

CricketJam
Nov 6, 2013, 02:07 AM
Give techers ability to melee with wand while charging techs. Hell, extend this to talis too so you can easily position strategic support/offensive techs.

Also some sort of passive to overcharge techs for more damage, range, cosmetic changes, etc

Mysterious-G
Nov 6, 2013, 02:25 AM
Other Focus

A skill for every class with respective differences for each. 5SP to max.

Hunter
Boosts power of r-atk and t-atk based weapons by 50% if this is your main class.

Fighter
Boosts power of r-atk and t-atk based weapons by 50% if this is your main class.

Ranger
Boosts power of s-atk and t-atk based weapons by 50% if this is your main class.

[...]
Braver
Boosts power of t-atk based weapons by 50% if this is your main class.

Not sure if 50% would be a good number to go with. Notice how Hu/Fi, Fi/Hu, all other pure builds as well as Gu/Hu and Br/Hu wouldn't profit from this. It's meant to be a skill to make unpopular class combinations and multi-class weapons more viable. Feel free to add details.

EvilMag
Nov 6, 2013, 02:39 AM
Other Focus

A skill for every class with respective differences for each. 5SP to max.

Hunter

Fighter

Ranger
Boosts power of s-atk and t-atk based weapons by 50% if this is your main class.

[...]
Braver
Boosts power of t-atk based weapons by 50% if this is your main class.

Not sure if 50% would be a good number to go with. Notice how Hu/Fi, Fi/Hu, all other pure builds as well as Gu/Hu and Br/Hu wouldn't profit from this. It's meant to be a skill to make unpopular class combinations more viable. Feel free to add details.
If that ever happens then every HU/FI or FI/HU would be using a gunslash with additional bullet. Nothing else.

Mysterious-G
Nov 6, 2013, 02:43 AM
Hmm, true. That completely slipped my mind. Haha. How about

Hunter
Boosts power of r-atk and t-atk based weapons
by 50% if this is your main class. Not appliable for Gunslashes.

Fighter

GradationAir
Nov 6, 2013, 04:33 AM
I think they should just give Techer step.

TheAstarion
Nov 6, 2013, 11:25 AM
Hmm, true. That completely slipped my mind. Haha. How about

Hunter

Fighter

It's a nice idea in theory but 50% is enough to edge out the popular cross class combos. 50% boosted FIFO with Amun Ra would be vastly more powerful than almost any FOFI, and have more hp and s-def backing it up. Even a BRFO with that tech bow would start to see some nice numbers with bare-handed rapid shot casting. And HUGU with Misourri would still be stupidly good... I'm holding my own in SH at 52/42 HUGU already and feel so cheesy for it.

20-25% might be more in the range of the plausible... especially if it's front-loaded like a lot of 5 SP skills with 10% for the main class. For a bonus, make it run off rare mastery lv 1, or rare mastery run off lv1 of this skill.

On a personal note, I'd add T-atk based PAs to all tech weapons to separate them from one another in a more meaningful way than "this has more t-atk". Simple things like PSU's saber PAs for wand, slicer PAs (and PSZ slicer PAs) for talis, and certain parts of spear PAs (like the riding part of Dus Majarra) for rods... but some new and interesting would be nice too. The only real thing separating FO and TE are the boosts on their trees and the T-atk number on their weapon... and most pair FOTE or TEFO anyway

En-series elemental buffs (Enfoie, Enzonde, etc, from enchant), +lv% to all affected characters' elemental damage for the buff, limit one at a time, but could enable dual-type weapons (fire/light for bug darkers etc). Oh, and much stickier and much much larger buffs, 15 seconds for being touched by a single pulse is nothing, and 24 pulses for 120pp (78pp with territory save?) is still an excessive use of pp and people's time.

Stances and cooldown skills should not be counterable; this isn't a PVP game where a well-timed shock could mean a 60-minute buff activation foiled at a critical time spells doom; that's no fun for anyone.

Kondibon
Nov 6, 2013, 12:00 PM
It's worth mentioning that every class (except braver) has a main stat, a secondary stat, and a tertiary stat, it just never comes into play for any class other than hunters and techers. In order from highest to lowest it's like this:
Hunter: S>R>T
Force: T>R>S
Ranger: R>T>S
Fighter: S>T>R
Techer: T>S>R
Gunner: R>S>T
Braver: S=R>T

And personally I'd prefer if each class gained different percents of their subclass stats, like forces getting more t atk but less s-atk while hunters are the opposite, etc. It would make the class you chose (fi/fo vs fo/fi for instance) have a bit more impact as well as making hybrids a bit more viable.

Zenobia
Nov 6, 2013, 12:02 PM
Remove the stupid animations from when you use a buff cause I know we all get pissed when we get hit doing that thank you.

Kondibon
Nov 6, 2013, 12:05 PM
Remove the stupid animations from when you use a buff cause I know we all get pissed when we get hit doing that thank you.

Better idea. Give them invincibility frames like katana finisher has now. :I

Zenobia
Nov 6, 2013, 12:08 PM
That works I could take that.

gigawuts
Nov 6, 2013, 12:08 PM
And JA circles.

Kondibon
Nov 6, 2013, 12:57 PM
While I'm thinking about it: RANGER TRAP AND BULLET TWEAKS!

Decrease the prereqs on r-atk up 1 and 2.
Remove tool items and have them use PP instead (20~30 pp?)
Make setting traps faster.
Remove the delay for manually activating traps.
Make poison traps deal damage per tick like upper traps.
Decrease the cooldown on launcher shots and (90 at level 1, 40 at level 10)
Replace mirage shot with Shock shot, which (obviously) applies shock.
Replace panic shot with Freeze shot.
Increase Jellen shot's effect. (90% at level 1, 75% at level 10)
Leveling shot skills increases the level of the status effect at certain levels.
Decrease the cooldown on bind bullet, (60 at level 1, 30 at level 10)
Make stun grenades travel faster.
Give stun grenades a 100% chance of working at any level
Increase stun grenade damage/AoE per level.
Give stun grenades bonus damage to enemies that can't be stunned.

I think that's everything I could come up with.

gigawuts
Nov 6, 2013, 04:58 PM
It'd be cool if Poison Trap was a 5 SP skill, with each SP indicating the poison level it inflicts. Poison V would be 5 SP, etc.

This may sound generous, but considering how limited poison actually is...yeah. The whole chance-based thing is garbage.