PDA

View Full Version : A few questions about getting started in-game

GlassStar
Oct 20, 2013, 10:44 PM
Hello! I'm getting ready to get started playing PSO2, and I have a few questions before I jump in.

First, is there anything I can permanently screw up in game, and how easy is it to accidentally do so? I don't really know what I want to do, so I want to try a bit of everything as much as I can without messing up my stats too badly or locking myself out of anything later on. Also related, how important is race selection? Currently I'm planning on going Human due to the jack-of-all-trades thing.

Second, I'm seeing a lot of new terminology and acronyms and I have no idea what they mean. I've failed to find a good list of what everything means, can someone link me to one?

Third, the majority of English-speaking people are on Ship 2, yes? Just want to re-confirm that.

UnLucky
Oct 20, 2013, 11:05 PM
You can semi-permanently screw up your skill trees. Each class for each character has their own tree. You can purchase new trees individually for one class on one character to freely switch between in the lobby. You can also pay real money to reset one of these additional trees, so long as you're not currently using it.

After major skill revisions or additions, all players receive one ticket per character that resets all of their trees, even ones that you currently have set. This is the only free method for fixing mistakes in your skill trees.

All characters get one free mag which you can feed various items to level up their stats which directly supplement your own. Depending on their evolution(s), they can gain exclusive trigger actions with varying effects in battle. You cannot gain extra mags nor reset one except with real cash. This can mean your character will forever be weaker, or even prevent you from equipping high end gear.

Race generally does not matter very much, but CAST (male or female) make terrible Forces due to their substantially lower T-Atk. Newman and Dewman have the lowest HP, but otherwise aren't too bad at any one thing. Those are the biggest racial differences.

Acronyms are typically skills or Photon Arts (PAs), which you can find here: http://cirnopedia.frostsabre.com/ among other things.

And yes, there's a healthy English-speaking population on Ship 2. There are scattered communities elsewhere, but that would be the largest.

musicmf
Oct 21, 2013, 01:15 AM
1)
The biggest two things you can screw up are your Skill Builds, and your Mag. You only get one Mag, and one skill tree per class. You cannot reset them or anything with the in-game currency of Meseta.
You can however purchase Additional Skill Trees/Mags, or even a Skill Tree/Mag Reset to fix these mistakes with Ark Cash, aka Real Life Currency (converted into Sega spending money)

Race is important for two things; Looks, and Stats.
Some races have unique traits (Newman = Elf Ears, Dewman = Horns + Heterochromic eyes, Cast = Robot Parts + Hover Walking), and some races may be restricted from clothing (Generally, cast from some hu/ne/dewman clothing. But they can equip robot parts unlike the rest)
Stat wise, the difference isn't so large that you'll be absolutely useless in the game for not picking a certain combination. But if you are a min/maxer, some class+gender combinations have stronger S-ATK, R-ATK, or T-ATK than others. So look it up if you are a min/maxer.

2)
[SPOILER-BOX]SA = Symbol Art
LA = Lobby Action
PT = Party
Team = Guild
PA = Photon Art (Skill Attacks)
PB = Photon Blast
HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR = Classes. Hunter Fighter Ranger Gunner Force Techer Braver
"GU/HU" = Classes, Main/Sub. In this example, it's Gunner main, Hunter Sub.
S/R/T-ATK = Stats. Strike/Range/Tech Attack
DF = Dark Falz
CO = Client Order
MB = Matter Board
TA = Time Attack
TACO = Time Attack Client Order
AQ = Advance Quest
N = Normal
H = Hard
VH = Very Hard
SH = Super Hard[/SPOILER-BOX]
Those are at least some of them to tie you over for awhile. You'll pick up a lot of them from just playing the game. Other easy examples would be PA names, or Area Names.

3)
Yes ship 2. I believe a majority of them hang around Blocks 20. [They also go 21, 22, 23 and such if Block 20 fills up]