PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Does anyone knew about this rumor ?

JCGamer
Oct 21, 2013, 08:29 PM
Phantasy Star Online 2 is unlikely to get a Western launch ??
http://mmo-play.com/rpg-games/phantasy-star-online-2/news/pso2-halted

:-? not sure if this rumor is true or falsu
what everyone think of this

ArcaneTechs
Oct 21, 2013, 08:41 PM
real question is does anyone still even care for a western release anymore

Evangelion X.XX
Oct 21, 2013, 08:44 PM
Yes... I believe that PSO2 is unlikely to get a Western launch.... and at this point in time... I seriously would not give a rat's or cockroach's ass if it did. I have invested too much time and real moolah (as in real dollars) to start over, and besides, the content would be years behind that of the Japanese (provided they're not adapting the Western Version to appeal to Western tastes in order to maximize profit).

Retehi
Oct 21, 2013, 08:44 PM
I think the 5 people who still cared gave up a while ago.

ArcaneTechs
Oct 21, 2013, 08:49 PM
They shouldn't even "appease" to western culture into this game, just through people into this game where its at and call it done, just an excuse to for them to keep on wanting to say "sometime 2013" jk "sometime 2014"

lostinseganet
Oct 21, 2013, 09:01 PM
They might as well not just offer a official translated version of the JP game, and allow
Mags to henshin and talk like siri :)

Velad
Oct 21, 2013, 09:05 PM
Unfortunately I stopped caring.

strikerhunter
Oct 21, 2013, 09:08 PM
I stopped caring about the release ages ago but what I'm waiting for is for SoA to actually say it at the pissed off people who (for some reason) waited rather than making stupid childish excuses and avoid the outrage from the ones who waited. It's stupid to tell those who waited that it'll come soon when it will never just because they can't admit it.

They did the same for PSU and as said above in PSOBB. If they done it once, done it twice, what the hell do you think would make them change? All SoA cares about is Sonic.

Esofor
Oct 21, 2013, 09:27 PM
I don't know why people still want a western version of this game; It's not like anybody is actually going to move there after all the several thousand of hours they put into the JP version-- not to mention it's just going to fall like PSU and PSOBB did... and by that, I mean SEGA stops caring after a year or so, updates get far behind, proper maintenance of the game goes to hell, etc.

latency

kinda dumb to argue about updates at this point. what meaningful content does pso2jp actually have?

UnLucky
Oct 21, 2013, 09:40 PM
Unfortunately I stopped caring.

Cared enough to register just to say that

Esofor
Oct 21, 2013, 10:30 PM
not just TA, general MPAs/AQs get affected by it as well. generally slower spawns overall = less monsters killed = less chances for rares. i also lag to shit in 12/12 english mpas. i'm just wondering how bad it's gonna be trying to organize crazy 12 man mpas for the new apprentice emergency quest

i've heard horror stories of how sega deals with content and shit, but i'd rather just have the ability to chain kill. not like JP sega is doing anything for me atm

i don't htink my reasoning really bothers the casual player too much, as most just dress up

Amaterasu111
Oct 22, 2013, 02:10 AM
is it possible they might just release it on next gen consoles?

Shadowth117
Oct 22, 2013, 02:39 AM
is it possible they might just release it on next gen consoles?

You could sorta consider Vita and 3ds "next gen" I guess. And its already on Vita. PSU was quite literally a PS2 game released on the Xbox 360 as well after all. The great PSO itself went on to get a rerelease for Gamecube. It doesn't seem completely out of the question, but I wouldn't hold your breath for it either.

I still find it ironic that a game with probably some of the best netcode of any online game, much less an ARPG, is plagued by "latency issues" caused by developer neglect and a design that allows for such things as "chain killing" which wasn't even something normally doable in past games. Loading times are what they are, but I'll be darned if their problems aren't quite a small fraction of what they were in this game's predecessor as far as latency relevance goes.

TaigaUC
Oct 22, 2013, 03:03 AM
It's amusing how often this topic is brought up everywhere and SEGA still doesn't give a rat's arse.

LordHogFred
Oct 22, 2013, 03:09 AM
It's a shame. I would still like a western release, I don't trust SEGA not to just go "All non-JP IPs banned now lol". It's also a pain to do any microtransaction stuff. Ok it's not that hard but it's still more effort than I should be having to go through TO GIVE THEM MONEY.
I'm just hoping that the Western community is active enough to get a private server going eventually.

Lumpen Thingy
Oct 22, 2013, 03:16 AM
latency

kinda dumb to argue about updates at this point. what meaningful content does pso2jp actually have?

EXs AQs super very hard mode?

blace
Oct 22, 2013, 03:33 AM
EXs AQs super very hard mode?
Meaningful content that isn't prolonging the lack of any actual content that is nothing more than a rehash with a harder difficulty.

Lumpen Thingy
Oct 22, 2013, 03:40 AM
Meaningful content that isn't prolonging the lack of any actual content that is nothing more than a rehash with a harder difficulty.

Isn't that something every PS game had if you really want to put it that way?

Totori
Oct 22, 2013, 03:43 AM
As much as people claim they don't care, why does threads like this get created like every month, and with the exact same speculations.

jooozek
Oct 22, 2013, 03:48 AM
i heard a rumour that soa bought out pso-w and they are gonna close it soon

Kondibon
Oct 22, 2013, 03:50 AM
As much as people claim they don't care, why does threads like this get created like every month, and with the exact same speculations.Probably people who haven't been paying attention to the community or game much.

The people I know who don't want to play the JP version (so most of them) pretty much forgot the game exists unless I bring it up. ._.

blace
Oct 22, 2013, 03:53 AM
Isn't that something every PS game had if you really want to put it that way?
Except the other games were more complete as it was full on content as opposed to drip feed and fashion.

Arrowga
Oct 22, 2013, 04:28 AM
Pretty sad that SEGA seems to give a dang.
The thing is that not everybody knows how to actually download and play the JP PSO2 version.

(I heard of something like: "you can't register anymore if you aren't from JP")

Also, people with a suxer PC who barely get to play PSO2 can't even enjoy the game 'cause of the latency which was allready spoken of.

pso2love
Oct 24, 2013, 04:09 PM
http://www.tssznews.com/2013/10/13/live-blog-sega-hardlight/
11:43
“Olsen states that he would love to see Phantasy Star Online 2 come out in the West. He notes that the game has been very popular in Japan and that has been consuming the development team’s time and putting their localization plans on hold. He stresses that it hasn’t been cancelled. He also states that any future Vanquish titles will be in the hands of Platinum Games. Einhorn states that he loves the idea of a Sega Smash Bros.-like game and will drop a note to Sega’s AM2 studio about this.”

Latest OFFICIAL News... another RUMOR laid to rest... you're welcome. :-D

Lumpen Thingy
Oct 24, 2013, 06:58 PM
Except the other games were more complete as it was full on content as opposed to drip feed and fashion.

yes because there isn't any f2p games that do that in the west -_-
also I call bs on the full content complaints when you consider PSU and PSP1 made it to the states

blace
Oct 24, 2013, 07:02 PM
Aside from the missing DLC in both PSP1 and PSP2 they were full games in their own right. What they did with PSU and locked content was carried over to PSO2 with large patches and slowly unlocking content every already has downloaded over the course of a few weeks. Even then it's almost nothing but fashion.

Vintasticvin
Oct 24, 2013, 07:43 PM
Jeezus effing christ man another one of these threads. Sooner we realize JP is keeping this game from us the better sides angry moms against video games association and the over sensitive americans will have this game shut downed the moment they catch wind of the female costumes and make allegations that its offensive and sexist towards women.

pkemr4
Oct 24, 2013, 07:56 PM
Jeezus effing christ man another one of these threads. Sooner we realize JP is keeping this game from us the better sides angry moms against video games association and the over sensitive americans will have this game shut downed the moment they catch wind of the female costumes and make allegations that its offensive and sexist towards women.

QFT and BFT (bold for the truth)

Vintasticvin
Oct 24, 2013, 08:14 PM
QFT and BFT (bold for the truth)

QFT whats that?

blace
Oct 24, 2013, 08:18 PM
Quoted for truth.

Alpha2090
Oct 25, 2013, 02:41 PM

I wouldn't say that, considering the other easily more sexualized games that are a thing right now. Think Scarlet Blade as a start.

Sp-24
Oct 25, 2013, 04:45 PM
Scarlet Blade is going under the radar, being a relatively unknown Korean game that's published by a company that is guaranteed to run it into the ground better than any feminist ever could.

On the other hand, even small games like Dragon's Crown can raise quite a shit storm with their design choices. And sure, it was done intentionally to boost the game's popularity in DC's case, but still - unless Sega takes the risk and does the same, and makes their pedo sim one of the game's main selling points, it may work against them when reporters find out that this sci-fi fantasy game is actually about dressing underage girls into non-clothes (it's the main part of the game, because, unlike the rest of the content, it's updated consistently on a bi-weekly basis). ...Provided that Sega even bother to promote the game in the first place, since their advertile dysfunction is quite well known.

Noblewine
Oct 25, 2013, 05:17 PM
I dont trust SoA after the treatment with PSU and the Portable games or PSZ.

Railkune
Oct 25, 2013, 05:25 PM
I didn't even know there was a PSZ until recently.

r4nd0m
Oct 26, 2013, 02:24 AM
this sci-fi fantasy game is actually about dressing underage girls into non-clothes (it's the main part of the game, because, unlike the rest of the content, it's updated consistently on a bi-weekly basis)
QFT and probably the main reason it will never come west.

Shinamori
Oct 26, 2013, 07:27 AM
Pretty sad that SEGA seems to give a dang.
The thing is that not everybody knows how to actually download and play the JP PSO2 version.

(I heard of something like: "you can't register anymore if you aren't from JP")

Also, people with a suxer PC who barely get to play PSO2 can't even enjoy the game 'cause of the latency which was allready spoken of.

You can still register.

pso2love
Oct 26, 2013, 05:36 PM
You guys will put PSO2 under the limelight, yet make comments about it being a "pedo sim". Either you like it, or you don't. Either you can tell the Dev team your feed back http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psportal/msg/, or you can simply play the JP version like you always have been and wait for another announcement. Till then, keep it official, and stop all the hate.

The Walrus
Oct 26, 2013, 06:07 PM
If only giving the dev team a detailed list of changes they could make to improve the game as a whole actually stood a chance in hell of working

pso2love
Oct 27, 2013, 03:36 PM
If only giving the dev team a detailed list of changes they could make to improve the game as a whole actually stood a chance in hell of working

Why not? People have been giving feedback to them ever since the Alpha build. ;-)

jooozek
Oct 27, 2013, 04:54 PM
and sega has been proving constantly that they clearly dont give a fuck about players and implement stuff in most malicious manner (people crying about everyone running with tigredors? divide the drop rates of new stuff by 1000000)

celestica
Nov 13, 2013, 06:07 PM
I think the 5 people who still cared gave up a while ago.

i'm one of those 5 :'C
I couldn't solve my error, no one halped me and i am gutted.

ZcRaider
Nov 15, 2013, 05:23 PM
Honestly, I'm very skeptical of a Western Release...or even an International release.

*Begin mini-rant*

Sega needs to take responsibility, address this issue. They need to be held accountable for their actions and or lack there off.

Sega KNOWS, they have a HUGE fanbase outside of Japan. I could even argue and say that its bigger. World > Japan....

No matter how many times I wrap my mind around it, there really is NO LOGICAL reason for them to segregate this game. And further more, isolated it (technically and legally) from anyone outside of Japan.

The people who play PSO2 now are HARDCORE FANS (including myself) willing to risk everything. At any moment, if sega sees fit they could drop the hammer on any foreign IP. But as some have stated, they didn't do it for PSU JP. But, I don't know about you, but I don't get comfort from knowing that they could do such a thing, and legally be in the clear. I mean 1000s of hours of work, lost because you don't live in Japan. Walking on egg shells when initiating World chat. Hoping some one does not get irritated and report you for something untrue or stupid, and look now your banned. And all you did was speak a little English, or Chinese, or French...etc. And then we have to rely on Hacks (as safe as they can be, from the hard work of loyal fans) just to get a translated game that should have been translated at freaking launch.

PSO started as a International Game. I remember powering up my Dreamcast after playing some Q3 Arena, and jumping right on the PSO servers with my 56k Modem. PSO V1. I miss the Dreamcast days. Golden Times. Then PSU came along, and they separated the games. A Japanese version, and an Western / International Version. I'm not sure about PSOBB, I wasn't into it as much as V2. Might have started towards the conclusion of PSOBB. But anyway, that's when it really started to go downhill for the non-Japanese fans. Even tho PSU was a great game....even with its flaws.

I've concluded that something must have happened, during this period, between Sega JP and Sega America. Something bad, around the timeframe of PSOBB's conclusion and PSU. Maybe it was the Hackers...or the Real Money Traders. Maybe some bad business practices where happening behind the scenes...To this day I really don't know. All I DO KNOW IS... Man.. I can talk all day about the mistreatment given to International Fans in PSU. As much as I loved PSU (Console and PC Versions), when I look back and have nostalgic moments, alongside these precious moments are: 1 Years worth DELAYED CONTENT AND BROKEN PROMISES, while the Japanese version thrived like PSO2 is right now.

I've personally chalked it up to Xenophobia or Border-Line Racism. I don't know what they have against the World tho. Its one thing to legally isolate their game from the USA. Its another to separate the whole freakin world.

Among the Hardcore Fans that im in a team with are: French, Malaysian, Thai, Japanese and USA players. And I love it. The experience and culture exchange is beyond cool. Its awesome. My question is:

What the bloodly hell does sega have to really LOSE by making ONE GAME, and just have the menus translated for various languages? Maybe even make separate servers where players can choose what language they want to converse in? Why the bloody hell not? It would seem to me it would be the greatest decision they could ever make. And a noble one.

BUT THEY DID NOT DO THAT.

I remember when PSO2 first came out, there was no clause against non-Japanese players in the ToS. In fact if I remember, it was added AFTER the game was done with its beta testing. In fact, I remember that this game was actually suppose to be international. I mean look at how much English is used in this game, with the announcer guy, and even some of the text. "Emergency Code: Destruction" I mean that's a slap n the face. Make the game Japanese only, but still use English? Have announcers speak English? It makes no sense to me, and it just goes to show you what the game was MEANT for. The English usage is hardcoded into these game segments for goodness sake.

There has to have been some type of internal conflict going on in Sega JP.

Sigh, I digress....

*end mini-rant

I do believe... it is pretty much confirmed... that a Western Release of PSO2 is delayed permanently. Or until someone reveals the real reason sega has made these stupid decisions.

Who knows, segac....might wise up and become the SEGA that I remembered back when they where making consoles. That's when they where in their prime if you ask me. Good memories....

2 cents Delivered via FedEx Priority mail. Go Tom Hanks Go.

I'm done.

Vintasticvin
Nov 15, 2013, 05:45 PM
This thread is still alive?

The Walrus
Nov 15, 2013, 06:58 PM
It wants to die but people getting throwing mates at it

Emp
Nov 15, 2013, 08:05 PM
It wants to die but people getting throwing moon atomizers at it

Fixed.

Vintasticvin