PDA

View Full Version : How do you take such pretty screenshots?

CanaanAzure
Oct 22, 2013, 06:46 PM
Like seriously.
I keep seeing all these screenies of their characters in poses all close up and nice looking.
.....I cant figure out how to do that D;
No matter what I do he seems to be at a distance (or something) ._.

Tell me your secret<3

HIT0SHI
Oct 22, 2013, 06:50 PM
The " - " and " + " buttons on the Number Pad. Plus manipulating the camera close to a wall.

EDIT: Oh and the " / " and " * " buttons on the Number Pad.

Cyron Tanryoku
Oct 22, 2013, 06:50 PM
You take a picture with a pretty camera of course!

- to Zoom In
+ to Zoom Out

/ and * to move up and down

Cadfael
Oct 22, 2013, 06:51 PM
Bump up your resolution to the maximum setting, press the - and + keys on the number pad (not the 0-9 under the F keys), and make sure to either turn off your HUD in screenshots, or hold CTRL when you print screen.

CanaanAzure
Oct 22, 2013, 07:27 PM
So its that easy, eh? o:
Thank you guys~
I'm gonna go try it now :3

TehCubey
Oct 23, 2013, 01:22 AM
Also
-turn off interface showing on screencaps
-if characters are moving quickly, turn off blur

CanaanAzure
Oct 23, 2013, 01:24 AM
How do I do that? o:

Vintasticvin
Oct 23, 2013, 01:42 AM
If you have the translator fix you can get it setted up in the menu easily also to hell with max settings its overrated and I also have the "-" and "+" setted to my keyboard and mouse wheel to take pictures with.

Course I'm messing around bout the max settings thing but tinker around with the graphics settings in the launcher menu and see what works best for you ^_^

TehCubey
Oct 23, 2013, 01:52 AM
How do I do that? o:

Graphics options for blur, screenshot options for interface.

CanaanAzure
Oct 23, 2013, 02:16 AM
Hmmm.
Looks like theres some stuff I've gotta mess with when I get back on the game o:

Jei182
Oct 23, 2013, 03:08 PM
I figured out the basics, now if only I had some more unique poses and a better computer/laptop so they could be all nice and shiny like some that I've seen here.

LinkKD
Oct 23, 2013, 03:21 PM
The size/resolution of your screen and obviously the capacity to whistand max graphics in that resolution also greatly helps.

The bigger your screen resolution is, the more detailed pictures you have, and then you could for example, crop a very big picture and still have a well-defined crop that is only a percentage of the full picture...and that has a nice cut to it.

Unfortunately your PC specs greatly influences in the capacity of producing real nice screenies (I guess the same could be said of irl photography though, lol)...but yeah, what people already suggested are also very helpful.

Turn off HUD, close up the camera, use nearby walls to get even better close ups and angles...and yeah.

I really wish the PSO2 camera was better so we didnt have to keep playing with walls and such just to get an angle/zoom that should be innate to the camera itself <_>

RadiantLegend
Oct 23, 2013, 05:35 PM
Become the majestic Meji.

CanaanAzure
Oct 23, 2013, 09:11 PM
Mmmk, I think I've got it now :3
[SPOILER-BOX]I tried to clean up the color cause the lighting kind of made him look really purple ._.
http://imageshack.us/a/img31/2222/wt08.png
[/SPOILER-BOX]

&& I see what you mean about walls n stuff. I kind of figured it out with a little half wall thing.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://imageshack.us/a/img13/3723/xhyo.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Preposterous Rhino
Oct 23, 2013, 09:54 PM
If you mean actual image quality looking better than your's, make sure you change your image format to .png or .bmp. I'd recommend .png if you are gonna take a TON of screenshots.

CanaanAzure
Oct 24, 2013, 03:45 AM
I always use .png for any image.
I love the quality the format has :3

TehCubey
Oct 24, 2013, 04:09 AM
Mmmk, I think I've got it now :3
[SPOILER-BOX]I tried to clean up the color cause the lighting kind of made him look really purple ._.
http://imageshack.us/a/img31/2222/wt08.png
[/SPOILER-BOX]

&& I see what you mean about walls n stuff. I kind of figured it out with a little half wall thing.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://imageshack.us/a/img13/3723/xhyo.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

It's good you're getting the hang of it! But there's one thing I need to point out...

Agh, why are the pictures so bright? I think I burned my retinas looking at them.

martinmeegan
Oct 24, 2013, 05:19 AM
There's some mental contrast going on there. Turn it down a bit so you have some tone variation.

Meji
Oct 24, 2013, 05:47 AM
Become the majestic Meji.Being majestic Meji is suffering.

But, yeah, there's really no secret behind it. Just force up everything to the highest settings (very easy to do this if you have a nVidia GPU via the nVidia Control Panel), and make sure you take a screenshot at the right time.
If your computer have the power, you can even force the game up into insane resolutions, take a screenshot, then edit/crop the results later on.

I run my game in a resolution that's about 4-5 times bigger than Full-HD when taking screenshots. Saving a screenshot at this resolution takes about 5-10 seconds though (and I'm on a Solid State Drive, so I guess that's just the game's software). This enables me to get the best of detail into the images, and it also helps me take very good close-up shots.

Some of my screenshots can be found here (http://www.flickr.com/photos/60467933@N02/).

Coatl
Oct 24, 2013, 09:58 AM
/ and * to move up and down

That feeling when you've been playing since alpha and never knew this.

D: ..

Preposterous Rhino
Oct 24, 2013, 05:29 PM
Based on your screenshots, it looks like you have your shaders completely off. Make sure they are on normal/standard, NOT simple. You do this by going into the settings in the launcher. The custom launcher will also let you change your game settings.

I am probably gonna update my graphics/anti-aliasing thread tonight with a guide for using SweetFX and I will share my settings. It will work for both Nvidia and AMD cards. SweetFX will make your game look better if you use it right.

If you have a decent computer, put that slider up to 5
[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/4YCOk.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Go to the tab that is highlighted orange and select high resolution textures and standard shader quality.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/4YCU5.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

CanaanAzure
Oct 24, 2013, 07:32 PM
Well, This is a 2010 HP computer so unfortunately I can't have my settings up like that or else they would've been.
I usually always have to go back and +++ the quality of everything in photoshop... Dx

&& Sorry about the brightness.
My computer's screen settings must be naturally darker or something.
I'll remember it for the future though and make sure not to make it all that bright.

&&& I was going through that screen shot album. I like a lot of the stuff in there and it all looks like it was fun to take.
You look like the social bird in PSO2 I wish I was. xD

blace
Oct 24, 2013, 07:39 PM
It's easy to forget that this game can be run on older computers when it's common place to have mid to high end gaming PCs.

Preposterous Rhino
Oct 24, 2013, 08:58 PM
Well, This is a 2010 HP computer so unfortunately I can't have my settings up like that or else they would've been.
I usually always have to go back and +++ the quality of everything in photoshop... Dx

&& Sorry about the brightness.
My computer's screen settings must be naturally darker or something.
I'll remember it for the future though and make sure not to make it all that bright.

&&& I was going through that screen shot album. I like a lot of the stuff in there and it all looks like it was fun to take.
You look like the social bird in PSO2 I wish I was. xD

Honestly, if you know just a little bit about computer hardware, you should open up your PC, see if it has a PCI-e slot, and go buy a $100 GPU. Those $100 GPUs are the gateway drugs though :p First I bought a $100 GPU in 2010/early 2011, then I ended up building a $1400 machine later haha.

blace
Oct 24, 2013, 09:07 PM
HP can be finicky, but that was just from my experience. If you're going to go with Preposterous Rhino's suggestion, you'll want to search for compatible GPUs or consult someone about it before purchase.

The worst that could happen is the GPU not supported by the PC itself and in a worst case scenario, blue screen and errors.

CanaanAzure
Oct 24, 2013, 10:54 PM
Thing is....
The computer I mainly play on is not my computer, I'm 17
&& $100+ is out of my budget. xD
I live off of government funding so I guess its kind of a shock that I even have a computer and internet. Or else I'd totally be on it.
The only computer I do own is a HP laptop also from 2010.
(Black friday xmas gift xD $100 lappy WOO.)
I hate HP though. It wigs out to much.

I'm suppose to be getting a job here soon though if I can score this interview
and I have a couple of computer friends that build gaming computers from scratch.
So, there might be hope in my gaming future.

supersonix9
Oct 24, 2013, 11:03 PM
use flickr.com mate!

the quality is tremendous (it's free too)

DoubleZero
Oct 25, 2013, 12:07 PM
I've seen a lot of people taking character shots with the character actually having a non-neutral facial expression. Is that part of the emote being used, or are they using a cut-in chat expression?

r4nd0m
Oct 26, 2013, 03:12 AM
I've seen a lot of people taking character shots with the character actually having a non-neutral facial expression. Is that part of the emote being used, or are they using a cut-in chat expression?Use cut-ins. Your character's expressions will change to reflect the cut-in you choose.

CanaanAzure
Oct 26, 2013, 05:14 AM
Ooooh sweet. That's awesome. :D

Ezodagrom
Oct 26, 2013, 07:46 AM
I've seen a lot of people taking character shots with the character actually having a non-neutral facial expression. Is that part of the emote being used, or are they using a cut-in chat expression?
Cut-ins, there's a command to hide the cut-in window, for the expression to appear only in the character's face.

For example, /ci2 nw s30
- /ci2 is the cut-in command, the number is the type of expression you'll use (goes between 1 and 8). You can also add another number afterwards to change the angle (for example, /ci2 3 nw s30, the angle number goes between 1 and 5).
- nw is what makes the cut-in window not appear.
- s30 is how long the expression lasts in the character's face, for a max of 30 seconds (s10 would be 10 seconds, s20 would be 20 seconds, and so on).

CanaanAzure
Oct 26, 2013, 06:39 PM
I didn't know it got that in depth with the cut-ins. ._.