PDA

View Full Version : JA vs ZRA

pkemr4
Oct 22, 2013, 09:26 PM
which gives me more dmg. The new JA TMG's or Yasminkov9000M?

im currently using yas 9k (880) and been thinking about buying the new JA TMG's which has 961 Ratk (1020 affix'd with mizer/shoot III).

Cyron Tanryoku
Oct 22, 2013, 09:27 PM
.Yes.

MetalDude
Oct 22, 2013, 09:41 PM
Yas for boss killing purposes (much more practical) and the others for everything else.

TaigaUC
Oct 22, 2013, 11:23 PM
I've been thinking Yas is pretty effective in Super Hard, what with enemies constantly rushing up to you for a blast in the face.

I think it's not really worth spending tens of millions on a minor upgrade if you already have a good weapon.
All of the new stuff will be obsolete soon enough.
If you wait a bit, much stronger and likely cheaper stuff will rear their ugly heads.

MetalDude
Oct 22, 2013, 11:27 PM
The JA stuff will last you quite a while much like the 9* JA stuff did. Those at the very least are worth investing in. Of course, give it a week for all the previously non-SH area weapon drops to decrease in price before you do so.

loool
Oct 23, 2013, 10:36 PM
Yas9000m is still better... save your meseta.

Zyrusticae
Oct 23, 2013, 10:39 PM
People seriously quibble over such minor upgrades?

I say you should save your money for something more worthwhile in the future.

Atmius
Oct 24, 2013, 03:24 AM
which gives me more dmg. The new JA TMG's or Yasminkov9000M?

The new ZRA tmg's, clearly.

kisamehosh/C
Oct 24, 2013, 04:06 AM
The new ZRA tmg's, clearly.

buy mine LOL

Emp
Oct 24, 2013, 07:42 AM

This. Current vh 10* weps scale pretty well with sh, but units didnt. Enemies hit for ALOT more. If u have not made a new set of units with enough sdef, please do. Its more important than the new weps.

Dinosaur
Oct 24, 2013, 01:21 PM
http://i.imgur.com/mAZjk4I.jpg

Emp
Oct 24, 2013, 01:29 PM

Is that with zra 1 n 2 maxed at 10sp?

gigawuts
Oct 24, 2013, 01:51 PM
That wouldn't matter since it's an ordinary damage multiplier to both weapons.

pkemr4
Oct 24, 2013, 01:54 PM
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?plugin=ref&page=%E3%83%96%E3%83%A9%E3%82%A6%E3%83%B4%E3%82%A3 %E3%83%B3%E3%83%88&src=1024tmasiwww_1.jpg
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?ブラウヴィント

969 R-ATK at +10 so does this mean JA gets shafted again...?

gigawuts
Oct 24, 2013, 01:55 PM
What do you mean shafted? It's a universal damage bonus. It's always in effect. It's there to be useful where situational damage bonuses won't be as convenient.

If it was strictly superior to situational damage bonuses there would be no reason to use anything but JA bonus.

If anything got shafted it's the ZRA weapons for only hitting for 20 more damage in their optimum range than something meant for all ranges. Well, until they add a new ZRA weapon anyway.

pkemr4
Oct 24, 2013, 02:23 PM

wonder what there dmg is at a distance outside of ZRA's rnage :S

Emp
Oct 24, 2013, 02:47 PM
wonder what there dmg is at a distance outside of ZRA's rnage :S

Well its kind of obvious. U dont need to see the numbers to know that ja ones will beat zra guns in that situation. But as said before, the game is up close and fast paced. Alot of bosses are up in ur face and zra is best. Only bosses I can suggest ja guns on is ragne, zesh(lol in sh), and hunar.

Cyron Tanryoku
Oct 24, 2013, 03:46 PM

Didn't you spend 15mil on a katana >_>

Zyrusticae
Oct 24, 2013, 04:54 PM
Not the same thing at all. I went from a 6* straight to a 10*.

What we're talking about here is.... well, a 10* to a 10*. Kind of minor as far as "upgrades" (in this case, more of a sidegrade) go.

Cyron Tanryoku
Oct 24, 2013, 07:05 PM
May not be the exact same situation, but still comparable
You're saying it's a waste of money, yet you bought a 15mil katana, when there was a 1mil katana, which wasn't much weaker than said 15mil katana.

The only excuse I can see for this is liking the appearance of the katana you purchased, but that same excuse can be used buying the JA mech as well.

Zyrusticae
Oct 24, 2013, 08:42 PM
May not be the exact same situation, but still comparable
You're saying it's a waste of money, yet you bought a 15mil katana, when there was a 1mil katana, which wasn't much weaker than said 15mil katana.

The only excuse I can see for this is liking the appearance of the katana you purchased, but that same excuse can be used buying the JA mech as well.
Right, I paid for expediency and the combination of high attack stats and the appearance that doesn't look like hexagonal ass. I was so fucking sick and tired of that horrible 6* and the HORRIFICALLY UGLY sword and board designs, so I paid a premium to get the opportunity to skip it altogether.

This case isn't even comparable to that, unless you're going to for some reason count that UGLY AS SIN 10* katana that I don't even acknowledge the existence of half the time.

Cyron Tanryoku
Oct 24, 2013, 09:36 PM
Both cases are still comparable.
OP wanted what they thought was a better weapon than what they had
You wanted a weapon that was better than the one you had
You both want something better

Star number doesn't even matter, get that out of your head. There have been instances where 9s and maybe even 8 stars have been stronger than a few 10 stars, so yeah. Hell, we got a 10 star TMG that's stronger than two of the 11 stars.

That aside, they're comparable situations, which confuses me.
It's a waste to want a gun that isn't much better than what they got, yet totally spending 15mil when you could have gotten something slightly weaker for 1mil isn't a waste?

You can't even use appearance to justify that either.
I'd like a Green 3DS, but I sure as hell wouldn't go for it if that costed $1000 more than the blue one

mfw the katana you bought is now 500k

Zyrusticae
Oct 24, 2013, 10:04 PM
You're trying to make a point that is completely lost on me.

YES, I consider it a waste of money to get something slightly stronger (or not stronger at all) for no reason other than because you think it MIGHT be stronger, maybe, in some situations.

YES, I do NOT consider it a waste of money to get something slightly stronger but infinitely better-looking for 15m meseta. Let's not forget that I've had this thing for a month, which is about how long it took for the prices to reach where they are now, and I was not willing to put up with a shitty-looking 10* for another full month. And why are you even questioning this? It's MY MONEY! AND UNLIKE THE OP, I WASN'T ASKING FOR YOUR OPINIONS!

Fuck's sake, man, your analogies suck ass, too. Please stop, it's embarrassing.

Cyron Tanryoku
Oct 24, 2013, 10:15 PM
lol simmer down bro no need for caps

And sorry, I wasn't questioning that you did spend a stupid amount of money for appearance, I was just saying it was very comparable, wanting to spend for something better than what you had.

I doubt my analogy sucks, they just don't work because you don't think about your choice.

But if you're gonna act like you got a remote shoved up your ass we can stop here

Zyrusticae
Oct 24, 2013, 11:56 PM
Let me try to explain this as simply as possible:

OP - Asks specifically for information as to whether or not a potentially tiny upgrade/sidegrade is worth investing in, gets lots of feedback that it may not be. Does not mention a damn thing about appearance.

Me - Doesn't ask for anything from anyone - has a specific goal in mind (a decent 10* katana that doesn't look like ass) and decides that a particular katana, going for 15m at the time, is worth it for the chance to stop suffering from a combination of both terrible stats and terrible appearance.

Do you get it yet? This guy asked for information, I gave him my 2c. I never asked for a damn thing, yet you, for some reason, feel the need to act like my purchase in the past somehow contradicts my feelings in the matter, even though they obviously do not.

You really shouldn't be surprised that I'm acting like I have a remote shoved up my ass when you keep lighting a fucking fire down there.

Raymee
Oct 25, 2013, 08:05 AM
Calm down lol.

There is a new 10* TMG is ridiculously overpowered.. with the ZRA potential.

Also the 9* Lambda Bow that has immediate strike is much better than most 10* Bows lol.

Xaelouse
Oct 25, 2013, 09:12 AM
This. Current vh 10* weps scale pretty well with sh, but units didnt. Enemies hit for ALOT more. If u have not made a new set of units with enough sdef, please do. Its more important than the new weps.

Ragne units are still capable of taking some hits just fine. Dot still has the best blow resistance. You shouldn't be getting hit often anyway unless you're a ranger
And even then, I find that magic attacks are a bigger threat than physical now

pkemr4
Oct 25, 2013, 09:27 AM
Calm down lol.

There is a new 10* TMG is ridiculously overpowered.. with the ZRA potential.

Also the 9* Lambda Bow that has immediate strike is much better than most 10* Bows lol.

there is another ZRA TMG out there as well? or are we still talking about the same one that i linked to a few posts back :S?

Saffran
Oct 25, 2013, 09:28 AM
(somehow the discussion shifted?)
Xaelouse > which is why getting a new unit set which has over 300 T-def more than yours might be a good investment.

Coatl
Oct 25, 2013, 09:57 AM
The way I've always looked at it is, if you spend meseta on something you are content with then it's not a waste of money. So even if it's a 1% dmg min-max purchase, if they're ok with it I don't see the problem. The same applies for people who spend 10m on rooms/outfits.

gigawuts
Oct 25, 2013, 11:14 AM
The way I've always looked at it is, if you spend meseta on something you are content with then it's not a waste of money. So even if it's a 1% dmg min-max purchase, if they're ok with it I don't see the problem. The same applies for people who spend 10m on rooms/outfits.

True, but the problem lies in why they're okay with it.

A lot of people still don't really understand that the game hinges on planned obsolescence, and that the dio lacruico coming out just a few weeks after the lambda lacruico is closer to the rule than the exception.

Your 15m top tier weapon won't be very top tier for long, so don't go buying it thinking it will be and wind up flat broke when a weapon you want way more comes out.

A general rule to live by in games with losable items:
If you can't afford to replace it then don't buy it.

A general rule to live by in games without losable items:
If having to replace it with a similarly priced item will bother you or be out of your price range then don't buy it.

TaigaUC
Oct 25, 2013, 12:52 PM
I always try to get something effective that doesn't cost too much but will last me a long time.
It doesn't need to be the best, but it does bug me knowing that I'm wasting more time than others by being slightly weaker.

The constant incremental upgrades are designed to play to people's desires to have the latest and greatest.
At some point, we just have to see past that and realize it's a fat waste of time to keep chasing a goal that will always be moved an inch ahead of us.

I mean, with the time and real money we waste earning meseta, we could probably make a better game.
Well, I could. I really should.

hexagonal ass

You just summed up most of PSO2.

I've been thinking that SEGA is probably intentionally designing ugly shit to encourage people to waste time and money in trying to obtain weapon camos.
It's basically gameplay "depth" spawned from intentional bad design.
"Here's a new horribly ugly weapon! Don't like it? Do the same shit over and over again, or give us real money... and maybe we'll give you a way to make it look less shit! But only one way at a time!"

Coatl
Oct 25, 2013, 02:26 PM
True, but the problem lies in why they're okay with it.

A lot of people still don't really understand that the game hinges on planned obsolescence, and that the dio lacruico coming out just a few weeks after the lambda lacruico is closer to the rule than the exception.

Your 15m top tier weapon won't be very top tier for long, so don't go buying it thinking it will be and wind up flat broke when a weapon you want way more comes out.

Yeah, It's true. I never purchase any weapon without first accepting the fact that it it will become obsolete in the future. That goes for 100m *10s, *11s, and even the *12s we have now. They will become obsolete eventually, some slower than others though, obviously.

Zyrusticae
Oct 25, 2013, 02:32 PM
I always try to get something effective that doesn't cost too much but will last me a long time.
It doesn't need to be the best, but it does bug me knowing that I'm wasting more time than others by being slightly weaker.

The constant incremental upgrades are designed to play to people's desires to have the latest and greatest.
At some point, we just have to see past that and realize it's a fat waste of time to keep chasing a goal that will always be moved an inch ahead of us.
I'm surprised this is even a problem for people.

I don't even unlock latents. I just go for the bare minimum to be effective (10* +10'd with Soul/Atk-3 stats) and pick the weapon that looks most appealing to me (that isn't impossible to attain, at any rate), and that's what I end up using for months at a time. I never even think about going to 3-slots or upgrading to a slightly more powerful 10* or going to level 3 latents on anything, it just doesn't cross my mind.

You just summed up most of PSO2.

I've been thinking that SEGA is probably intentionally designing ugly shit to encourage people to waste time and money in trying to obtain weapon camos.
It's basically gameplay "depth" spawned from intentional bad design.
"Here's a new horribly ugly weapon! Don't like it? Do the same shit over and over again, or give us real money... and maybe we'll give you a way to make it look less shit! But only one way at a time!"
Haha, well, you'd have a point, but fortunately a lot of stuff does actually look pretty good. I just avoid all the ugly shit and that works pretty well for me.

Still, it's pretty clear that at least one weapon artist is just genuinely incompetent/off-his-rocker (re: whoever made shit like the stone block weapons, the ice weapons, the boss-part weapons, and unappealing shit like that). It weirds me out that they'd go for designs like that instead of the badass futuristic stuff like pretty much all the 1-3* weapons.

pkemr4
Oct 25, 2013, 02:35 PM
honestly i just wanted to know if the damage diference was big or not. but from the looks of it. its a 10-20 dmg diference give or take. so im gonna stick with yas9k till i can get the new ZRA TMG (either drops or buy em when they drop down to 4-8 mil)