PDA

View Full Version : Item Customization! (Theory Crafting)

MimiChan
Oct 22, 2013, 09:55 PM
Maintenance day means more crazy ideas from me!

There will be a new npc in middle of monica and dat untekker girl (yeah do you even know her name?) it's called dismantle NPC

Dismantling a weapon nets you some materials, while most of the materials are fixed (screws, scrap irons, photon condenser, etc.) certain weapons drops their 'core' which contains the potential.

Example:
Dismantling +10 Seitenwiese (Level 3 potential) will yield:
+7 grind ticket (5% chance)
1-5 Sacred Wood (misc ingredients)
10-15 Platinum Screws (10* materials)
Lv. 3 Photon Condenser (Contains Splendid recovery potential)
Wind Stones (adds some wind when elemental synthesizing)

+10 Mizer Claw (Lv. 1 potential)
+7 grind ticket
1-5 scrap irons
Lv. 1 Vhardha Data (Contains Machine Destroyer potential)

So you can dismantle any outdated weapon to upgrade your new weapon!
Weapon can now go to +15, with every 11, 13, 15th gives you 1 slot (total of three) to slot in different accessory (such as potential items)

What the scrap items for? They are to make regular item that boost different attributes.

Sniper Scope = Improves PA/Tech's tracking
Requires:
x200 Scrap Irons
x10 Signo Tracking Chip (signo drops)
x5 Vharha Arithmetic Unit

Photon Diffuser = Raises fire attacks by 10%
Requires:
x300 Flame scales (drops from cave mobs)
x20 Vol Dragon Horns (drops when you break Vol Horn)

Extra Magazine = Makes weapon fire twice before reloading.
Requires:
x100 Ammo (any shooting mech)
x50 Scraps Irons

Photon Plating = Guarding gives you 50% more damage reduction.
Requires:
x50 Garonggo Scales
x5 Barrier Module (Vinto Vagr)

Auto Reloader Module = Reduces shoot delay by 25% (launcher) but reduces damage by 10%

While +15 weapon only have three slots, different accessory takes different number of slots too. Some potential units takes three slots for example.

We can wish right?

Avereth CAST
Oct 22, 2013, 10:56 PM
My current thought it that is probably only has to do with a weapon camo system that can utilize any weapon you own of the same type, but something like this would be interesting...except for the fact my bank would need at least another 50 spaces...

TaigaUC
Oct 22, 2013, 10:58 PM
It'll probably just be something like "combine two monomates to make a dimate".
Maybe we'll be able to dye the monomate icon color, too.

AlaskanKactus
Oct 22, 2013, 11:02 PM
My guess is that it will allow you to change the color of units and add camos to them.
Or the ability to add subeffects to monomates or moons.

TaigaUC
Oct 22, 2013, 11:29 PM
You can be sure it'll be something that requires expensive AC items, random number generation and a mountain of meseta.

"Kill Rockbear 500 times for a 7 day red dye."

Ugh. And I've played games that had systems like that.

Jim
Oct 22, 2013, 11:31 PM
My current thought it that is probably only has to do with a weapon camo system that can utilize any weapon you own of the same type

That would make me so happy... Being able to use any weapon as camo would seriously breathe a ton of life into this game for me.

Enforcer MKV
Oct 22, 2013, 11:38 PM
My current thought it that is probably only has to do with a weapon camo system that can utilize any weapon you own of the same type, but something like this would be interesting...except for the fact my bank would need at least another 50 spaces...

Please do this, Sega. ._.

UnLucky
Oct 22, 2013, 11:43 PM
They should borrow from Resonance of Fate

[SPOILER-BOX]http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/9116/119145goldencs.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Here's a pistol with three scopes, twelve iron sights, two added grips, and six barrels attached.

Enforcer MKV
Oct 22, 2013, 11:46 PM

[SPOILER-BOX]http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/9116/119145goldencs.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Here's a pistol with three scopes, twelve iron sights, two added grips, and six barrels attached.

Why the hell would you do that to a Colt? ._. ....

xxmadplayerxx
Oct 23, 2013, 12:08 AM
Confusing MiniChan.... I think fully theorizing something in an indepth post, is a major let down, its best to expect the worst so were not disapointed.. Not long now and we find out what this dismantle addition really is. ;)

TaigaUC
Oct 23, 2013, 01:04 AM

I was playing that recently. Funny stuff.