PDA

View Full Version : I Um...Chose Ship One.

Gourd
Oct 27, 2013, 06:24 PM
It has come to my attention that I've made a grave error.

I jumped right into PSO2 without reading up and my friend told me that there are more English speakers on ship 2 than there are on ship 1.
No clue why. That's just how the wheel spins.

But...Vol Dragon keeps eating me. I tell him to stop because his teeth hurt my feelings but he doesn't. I even asked his mom to talk to him about it to no avail. She's a shitty parent. :c

And all my IRL friends are stuck on ship 2 so they can't help me. I highly doubt playing with foreign players would make for great communication either (not to mention it's like there's only one person in the world ever playing when I look for other parties so communication doesn't matter anyway).

You're a buncha swell characters so if any of you undoubtedly refined chaps would like to help me so I can continue no lifing:

Ship 1
Ailece

I play as a chick, leave me alone.

The Walrus
Oct 27, 2013, 06:28 PM
If it's only normal mode Vol just remake on Ship 2.

Zorafim
Oct 27, 2013, 06:53 PM
I suggest remaking in Ship 2 too. You'll likely have a better time there.

And everyone plays as a chick.

Freshellent
Oct 27, 2013, 07:17 PM
Well, not everyone. But mostly.

Gourd
Oct 27, 2013, 07:22 PM
...Nevermind.

I don't feel like going through the beginning tedium again just because I'm stuck at one part. I'll just truck through the tough parts solo then.

Forget it.

musicmf
Oct 27, 2013, 07:25 PM
Honestly, if you still want to play with your IRL friends and to play on the Ship with the largest pool of English players, you should delete your character now and remake it on Ship 2.
You are very early into the game, without much actually accomplished at the moment. No offense.

If your IRL friends are decent level, and bumrush you through Forest and Caves, I doubt it would take you an hour to get you back to where you were.
If you and your friends had time to spare, they can rush you through to unlock all areas, and it should get to you to level 30+, with Hard Mode, Time Attack, and Sub Classes unlocked.

Sp-24
Oct 27, 2013, 07:34 PM
I play as a chick, leave me alone.

In PSO2, if you're playing as a guy, you're the weird one. And don't go "It's because their costumes are cheaper", no one's buying it.

Still, ship 2 is the way to go. Vol Dragon in Normal is in no way the end of the beginning tedium, you'll be struggling way until level 50, if not longer. Better do that with people you understand, even if it's B-20 residents.

Gardios
Oct 27, 2013, 07:35 PM
Going through the beginning tedium again (which it isn't, really) will get you farther than soloing the entire game because you don't have friends on the ship and can't speak Japanese.

In PSO2, if you're playing as a guy, you're the weird one. And don't go "It's because their costumes are cheaper", no one's buying it.
But that was half the reason I sticked with a male character after CBT. :(
Those delicious 1050z costumes...

Myriarch
Oct 27, 2013, 07:47 PM
Me and a few other players are ship 1. There used to be allot of people ,but people really advertised ship 2 and so numbers dwindle on our ship if they cant find any buds to party with. It's your choice to delete or continue ,but if you do choose to stay I will happily you on any mission you need.

Gourd
Oct 27, 2013, 07:55 PM
Me and a few other players are ship 1. There used to be allot of people ,but people really advertised ship 2 and so numbers dwindle on our ship if they cant find any buds to party with. It's your choice to delete or continue ,but if you do choose to stay I will happily you on any mission you need.

Thanks. I wasn't going to delete my character.

It's not like I'm gonna take this game that seriously anyway. JRPG's/MMO's bore me at some point so I'd rather just continue this until I notice I'm getting impatient. I just wanted to at least hit level 30 before I eventually quit.

And this is tooooo early a roadblock. lol

yoshiblue
Oct 27, 2013, 07:55 PM
I guess i'm one of the weird ones?

Gourd
Oct 27, 2013, 07:59 PM
I guess i'm one of the weird ones?

Complete freak of nature.

suzaku0zero0
Oct 27, 2013, 08:43 PM
I got two, double the weirdness

Sacrificial
Oct 27, 2013, 08:45 PM
I play a robot..... how sick are my fantasies?

anyway if you remake on ship 2, we can help you.

Myriarch
Oct 27, 2013, 09:07 PM
Thanks. I wasn't going to delete my character.

It's not like I'm gonna take this game that seriously anyway. JRPG's/MMO's bore me at some point so I'd rather just continue this until I notice I'm getting impatient. I just wanted to at least hit level 30 before I eventually quit.

And this is tooooo early a roadblock. lol

Tell me your character's name and i'll add you :) ....wait I think I found you? anyways i'll send it and log out till tomorrow cause work and such.

Macman
Oct 27, 2013, 09:27 PM

Down with the oppressive matriarchy! :argh:

Enforcer MKV
Oct 27, 2013, 10:40 PM
Down with the oppressive matriarchy! :argh:

ORYAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

[But really, I went with male because I didn't like any of the female outfits at the time...and I still don't care for 90 percent of them! 8D I <3 my Dista armor. :V]

TehCubey
Oct 27, 2013, 11:13 PM
Hey op. There's a difference between tedium of repetition and grinding, and getting your ass kicked by a boss whose pattern you don't know. I assume for the vol dragon it's the latter.

Here's a spoiler for you - attack the tail. When it breaks, hit the mouth. Tail regenerates, rinse and repeat.

And yeah I concur with remaking on ship 2. It can get lonely to play without other English speakers around. And if you already have friends on other ships and don't play with them, that's just stupidity.

Macman
Oct 28, 2013, 10:36 AM
I <3 my Dista armor. :V
Yeaaaah boyee! No other game can you possibly be a fighter jet robot pirate.

GradationAir
Oct 28, 2013, 01:58 PM

I remember when using female characters back in the old days of videogaming was considered strange, but I'd never thought the day would come when playing a same gender character would get discriminated. It's quite ironic and stupid how people defends, or rather, enforces playing chicks by suggesting it is awkward to play your avatar by the same gender in an method of entertainment. These things are the reason why I can never take what these people say seriously.

Sp-24
Oct 28, 2013, 02:15 PM
I remember when using female characters back in the old days of videogaming was considered strange, but I'd never thought the day would come when playing a same gender character would get discriminated. It's quite ironic and stupid how people defends, or rather, enforces playing chicks by suggesting it is awkward to play your avatar by the same gender in an method of entertainment. These things are the reason why I can never take what these people say seriously.
I was referring to the early PSO2 statistics that revealed that 90% of the game's players are men, and yet 80% of in-game characters are girls.

But thanks for not taking me seriously because of taking me seriously. I guess it's the goal that counts, no matter how you reach it.

ThePendragon
Oct 28, 2013, 02:56 PM
I have not and never will play a female character. Because it's weird. You're all weirdoes. Stop it.

Jim
Oct 28, 2013, 03:30 PM
Leave same-sex avatars alone, you zealots!

On topic: It would be pretty easy to find some friends on Ship 2 who could help you grind back to the level you are on Ship 1. Hell, you don't even have to delete your character since you get 2 slots; just make a second one for now. If you follow some high-level players around and let them kill everything, you can hit Lv. 20 in practically no time at all.

electrolytes
Oct 28, 2013, 03:49 PM
I was referring to the early PSO2 statistics that revealed that 90% of the game's players are men, and yet 80% of in-game characters are girls.

Speaking of statistics/demographics, has anyone been keeping track of them? I've got the Alpha 2 Report (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193382), the Closed Beta Report (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195018), and the 1st Anniversary Report (http://pso2.jp/players/event/1st_anniversary/report/), but wouldn't be surprised if there were any I missed.

And related to the topic, I'd probably jump at the chance to play with IRL friends, with it being an MMO and all, but alas, not their type of game.

GradationAir
Oct 28, 2013, 04:56 PM

But thanks for not taking me seriously because of taking me seriously. I guess it's the goal that counts, no matter how you reach it.

This comment wasn't pointed towards you, at least at the time.

But if you do care enough to respond to the statement and thought I was referring to you just because I said "people", then either you do in fact fall into that category of people, or you are too sensitive. Were you... Never mind.

In any case if you were just too sensitive, don't be, because my comment would even be pointed at you.

Well, didn't really have any ill intention in the first place, but can't say I can respect anyone who discriminates, even if the victim have vastly different opinion.

In my opinion anyone who says "playing x gender is weird" is just stupid.

Speaking of statistics/demographics, has anyone been keeping track of them? I've got the Alpha 2 Report (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193382), the Closed Beta Report (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195018), and the 1st Anniversary Report (http://pso2.jp/players/event/1st_anniversary/report/), but wouldn't be surprised if there were any I missed.

And related to the topic, I'd probably jump at the chance to play with IRL friends, with it being an MMO and all, but alas, not their type of game.

That's a lot more male characters than I expected.

Enforcer MKV
Oct 28, 2013, 05:01 PM
Yeaaaah boyee! No other game can you possibly be a fighter jet robot pirate.

Pfff, nonsense.

I am a f**king tank! >:D

...or at least an APC. Combat fridge? Heavily armed wine cooler?

Meh, details.

BIG OLAF
Oct 28, 2013, 05:06 PM
Heavily armed whine cooler?

Yes, I'd go with this one.

Not even going to touch on the 'what gender virtual character should you play' semi-debate.

yoshiblue
Oct 28, 2013, 05:09 PM
Yes, I'd go with this one.

Not even going to touch on the 'what gender virtual character should you play' semi-debate.

Eh, best not to worry. I'm sure its just a running joke by now. Next stop, brick joke status!

MissMalice
Oct 28, 2013, 05:57 PM
1st Anniversary Report (http://pso2.jp/players/event/1st_anniversary/report/)

Wow, I really thought female Newmans would be at the top. o.o Go figure...

Zorua
Oct 28, 2013, 06:34 PM
Since you're staying on ship 1, I could hang out with you sometime. Send me a PM if you'd like.

Myriarch
Oct 28, 2013, 06:36 PM
Wow, I really thought female Newmans would be at the top. o.o Go figure...

1: Well these numbers have changed seeing as they are a year old and they introduction of a Dewman? Dueman? new race added; and the new levels added to the level cap.

2:Lets not have a gender wars on a thread that focused more on a new player finding a ship.

Preposterous Rhino
Oct 28, 2013, 06:54 PM
I'd recommend switching ships. What will happen is you feel like you have gotten far, but when you start over, you will realize you haven't gotten far at all. That's just how experiencing pretty much anything for the first time is. Don't punish yourself for picking the wrong ship. All you will do is force yourself to lose interest if you don't switch.

Enforcer MKV
Oct 28, 2013, 07:03 PM
Mm...I know this probably won't change your mind, but you're talking about Normal level Vol, right?

That would mean, you haven't hit level 20 yet? Well, currently, the level cap is 65, and the exp required for the next level spikes around...I want to say 50? Mm...without a large pool of players to play with, I feel like you'd burn out faster than if you had peeps to play with. >.>;

MissMalice
Oct 28, 2013, 07:06 PM
1: Well these numbers have changed seeing as they are a year old and they introduction of a Dewman? Dueman? new race added; and the new levels added to the level cap.

2:Lets not have a gender wars on a thread that focused more on a new player finding a ship.

Well actually, the first year anniversary is only a few months old~ ❤

Vintasticvin
Oct 28, 2013, 07:23 PM
I'd recommend switching ships. What will happen is you feel like you have gotten far, but when you start over, you will realize you haven't gotten far at all. That's just how experiencing pretty much anything for the first time is. Don't punish yourself for picking the wrong ship. All you will do is force yourself to lose interest if you don't switch.

X_X I know this feeling of realizing what you did that took months was actually doable in a week and two-three days

KatsujinkenKik
Oct 29, 2013, 10:13 AM
Man, those were the days when Koffee didn't dish out exp for anything and franka was repeatable daily.

It probably takes a long time to get to Vol when you don't have a clue. Now when I start from scratch I'm unlocking subclass through the mizer arks quest gilnas' within 2 hours.

If you have real life friends, go play with them. If you need help starting from scratch people will fly you beyond Vol within the hour.

Or have fun with us 30 or so active english speakers on ship 1. 30 that I personally know anyway...

Zorafim
Oct 29, 2013, 12:48 PM

I am.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFOVVAhnAns

Anyway, getting to 20 is easy. I think I did it in a few hours with my alt. But I guess if you don't like how the leveling is laid out in the game... You may not even want to play it.

Evangelion X.XX
Oct 29, 2013, 10:08 PM
Yeah... way back in the day when I was a complete noob at PSO2, I had trouble with Vol myself as a Hunter. He was a pain in the ass, until I decided to just use "Gun Slash" and and shot at his crystal tail for like 20-30 minutes or so until he died. My god it was a painful experience...

holmwood
Oct 29, 2013, 10:57 PM
Yeah... way back in the day when I was a complete noob at PSO2, I had trouble with Vol myself as a Hunter. He was a pain in the ass, until I decided to just use "Gun Slash" and and shot at his crystal tail for like 20-30 minutes or so until he died. My god it was a painful experience...

Omg, I remember doing that as a force.

I thought my 7 minute clear time with an ice-attribute gunslash was so bad &$$.

Oh the naivete.