PDA

View Full Version : Some questions...

Emp
Oct 28, 2013, 06:13 PM
I have capped Hu, Gu, Fo, and Te. But I have some questions about some things I need to start investing into. For assistance, here is my skill trees for all those classes:

Gu/Hu (http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06uDbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIk0lbI nqnGKJ7JiGA000007b000009b000000jdB2QHSbsbncDdngBbp 0000f4OI32SIxjcAcAIxIbbn0000jkbIxjdsI2J24QmnIoid00 009b000008)
Fo/Te (http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06uDbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIk0lbI nqnGKJ7JiGA000007b000009b000000jdB2QHSbsbncDdngBbp 0000f4OI32SIxjcAcAIxIbbn0000jkbIxjdsI2J24QmnIoid00 009b000008)

1. Gu/Hu units: Varda (two slots: shoot 3, RB soul(will be changing this)
Fo/Te units: Snow Kitty units (two slots: tech 3, wolgahda soul)

Any suggestions as to what I should invest into out of all the new units from the first SH update?

2. When the cap gets raised again(to level 70)...

Where should I go on my Hu tree if Sega does not add new dmg skills on the far left side of the tree? Where should I go on my Te tree? (I wont max out Territory PP Save cause at 5sp, it only +7pp. 5pp save per cast is quite enough.

3. Lastly, can someone help me with the first two S Roll skills? S Roll Up, and S Roll Arts?

Do you get those bonuses from doing a PA in mid S Roll? If so, what PAs would you use?

Kietsu
Oct 28, 2013, 06:39 PM
Well your trees are cookie-cutter as all heck, so I can't really complain.
Although, Shifta Advance is pretty bad. Shift Critical is almost embarrassingly bad.

1. I'm not all that well versed in the new unit sets. Nothing to add here.
2. It's a pretty sad truth that there's nowhere else to put Hunter SP. Techer similarly doesn't have a whole lot else to offer you.
3. S Roll Up increases the damage of your basic attack while flipping. S Roll Arts gives you a right-click attack while flipping, which does more damage than the basic attack - it costs PP, but you still regen per hit, so it evens out. I believe S Roll Up actually increases damage on the S Roll Arts attack, but don't quote me on that.

You can't PA mid-roll, only between rolls - preferably with a JA to get the bonus.

GradationAir
Oct 28, 2013, 06:53 PM
Fury Critical is useless. The 5Sp are better spent for stepcancel travelling methods, just reversal and Partizan/Wired Lance gears.

You can't use PAs midroll, only after roll. That's where S-roll JA comes in.

Well your trees are cookie-cutter as all heck, so I can't really complain.
doesn't have a whole lot else to offer you.

I assume TC got critical for appearance change.

Emp
Oct 28, 2013, 08:01 PM
Fury Critical is useless. The 5Sp are better spent for stepcancel travelling methods, just reversal and Partizan/Wired Lance gears.

You can't use PAs midroll, only after roll. That's where S-roll JA comes in.

I assume TC got critical for appearance change.

Seeing as I dont really care bout increasing my traveling distancing while stepping, and Im never goin to melee in the game, that 5 sp is better in fury crit. I already just reversal on gu so I dont need it on hu. I might increase step when the cap is raised again tho.

But I was wondering if goin down the middle of the tree on hu is worth it. Later on, with alot more sp, gu could get invincability in all situations if built right.

Kietsu
Oct 28, 2013, 08:50 PM
An extra -2 on PP costs is still going to do you a lot more good than Fury Crit ever will.

And so long as Fury Stance is so overpowered, we'll need a -lot- of extra levels before you can get down to the useful parts of the defensive Hunter branch.

GradationAir
Oct 28, 2013, 09:03 PM
Seeing as I dont really care bout increasing my traveling distancing while stepping, and Im never goin to melee in the game, that 5 sp is better in fury crit. I already just reversal on gu so I dont need it on hu. I might increase step when the cap is raised again tho.

I don't see the reason to strip GU of SP even further it's insufficient as it already is.

Critical doesn't make you do more damage, it simply makes you do the maximum damage within the variation range. Seeing how it's GU I can't possibly even imagine having bad damage range, the 2 SP from GU would have way more effect when put in ZRA compared to the small critical chance and tiny damage gain in Fury Stance. Not that having a not-maxed PP restraint isn't bad enough already.

With range, long invul evasion, and great cancel frames, I think GU is as survivable as it already is, but if you want to go on the middle tree sacrificing fury stance damage is unavoidable.

Emp
Oct 28, 2013, 09:10 PM
I don't see the reason to strip GU of SP even further it's insufficient as it already is.

Critical doesn't make you do more damage, it simply makes you do the maximum damage within the variation range. Seeing how it's GU I can't possibly even imagine having bad damage range, the 2 SP from GU would have way more effect when put in ZRA compared to the small critical chance and tiny damage gain in Fury Stance. Not that having a not-maxed PP restraint isn't bad enough already.

U did see that I have zra 1 and 2 maxed? Both have 10 sp lol.

GradationAir
Oct 28, 2013, 09:21 PM
U did see that I have zra 1 and 2 maxed? Both have 10 sp lol.

Both your link are the same, though I didn't see other tabs. Personally I think PP restraint would've been better choice of ZRA

Emp
Oct 28, 2013, 09:25 PM
Both your link are the same, though I didn't see other tabs. Personally I think PP restraint would've been better choice of ZRA

Please rephrase. I use yas so Im maxing zra.

Telchii
Oct 28, 2013, 09:54 PM

The filled trees are there, also. Juts click the respective tabs!

WildarmsRE5
Oct 28, 2013, 10:46 PM
No, you can Max both ZRA and PP restraint, TC just didn't

GradationAir
Oct 29, 2013, 12:13 AM
No, you can Max both ZRA and PP restraint, TC just didn't

I didn't say you can't, I was just basing off what TC already have done. Whether to go with Chain or ZRA is the person's choice. But either way, you never have enough SP for GU.

WildarmsRE5
Oct 29, 2013, 01:49 AM
I didn't say you can't, I was just basing off what TC already have done. Whether to go with Chain or ZRA is the person's choice. But either way, you never have enough SP for GU.with killing bonus on my RA, I have too much PP (especially on bursts)

Weak Bullet and KB are the main reasons why I chose Ra over Hu. who uses Chain anyway? XD

Emp
Oct 29, 2013, 07:06 AM
Anyone got suggestions on any of the NEW SH unit sets I can go buy? These VH units are bit expired.

with killing bonus on my RA, I have too much PP (especially on bursts)

Weak Bullet and KB are the main reasons why I chose Ra over Hu. who uses Chain anyway? XD

Its good on some bosses. My friends and I chain Falz hands alot, if my chain is fed by someone else my dmg with wb is like 30k each hit with Infinity Fire(in Zero range of course).

Good thing you brought up RA. How is it now since SH was released? I have it at level 60 but was told that its not as good since the enemies have so much more HP, and that add bullet wouldnt kill them as fast as it did in VH.

GradationAir
Oct 29, 2013, 09:19 AM

This question got me going. Why not take extra damage when you can? What else are you going to put it on? Rare weapon lv5? Critical bonus?

It's like the equivalent of saying you have too much SP on HU because things like Fury up only adds 10% which makes them skippable.

WildarmsRE5
Oct 29, 2013, 09:45 AM
Anyone got suggestions on any of the NEW SH unit sets I can go buy? These VH units are bit expired.

Its good on some bosses. My friends and I chain Falz hands alot, if my chain is fed by someone else my dmg with wb is like 30k each hit with Infinity Fire(in Zero range of course).

Good thing you brought up RA. How is it now since SH was released? I have it at level 60 but was told that its not as good since the enemies have so much more HP, and that add bullet wouldnt kill them as fast as it did in VH.LOL RA skills is so bad I almost forgot about it till you brought it up xD

I usually roll + Heel Stab enemies on SH to quick kill them, then WB + roll + infinity fire bosses. (yep, Gu/Ra are the best boss killers)

First Hit is just a 20% boost at max level, weak hit PB boost though. . . dunno, I spam my PB more now.

WildarmsRE5
Oct 29, 2013, 09:51 AM
This question got me going. Why not take extra damage when you can? What else are you going to put it on? Rare weapon lv5? Critical bonus?

It's like the equivalent of saying you have too much SP on HU because things like Fury up only adds 10% which makes them skippable.Perfect Keeper, I don't see Fo's complaining about their 20% talis boost, I don't see why I should complain on mine.

for the record, its easy NOT to get hit while using TMGs. and it only takes a monomate to get it back once I get hit. Those powerful boss hits are so easy to dodge with the I-frames from Stylish Roll. (also very easy to predict, so you know that I-frames won't cut it, ex: Quartz's Glory Rain, Falz Hulk Smash)

EDIT: oops, wrong tree.
Ofcourse Hu Tree will be stronger with that boost with Fury but in terms of Crazy Boss solo stuff, Gu/Ra wins. problem with mobs? Heel Stab.

GradationAir
Oct 29, 2013, 11:06 AM
Perfect Keeper, I don't see Fo's complaining about their 20% talis boost, I don't see why I should complain on mine.

for the record, its easy NOT to get hit while using TMGs. and it only takes a monomate to get it back once I get hit. Those powerful boss hits are so easy to dodge with the I-frames from Stylish Roll. (also very easy to predict, so you know that I-frames won't cut it, ex: Quartz's Glory Rain, Falz Hulk Smash)

EDIT: oops, wrong tree.
Ofcourse Hu Tree will be stronger with that boost with Fury but in terms of Crazy Boss solo stuff, Gu/Ra wins. problem with mobs? Heel Stab.

You still don't understand my point.

ANY extra sp in GU is beneficial until Chain tree, ZRA and perfect keeper are maxed, and you can't.

It's like saying HU have so much spare SP, and the 10% gains in Fury up 2 are dismissible.

If you've read my first post entirely.

With range, long invul evasion, and great cancel frames, I think GU is as survivable as it already is.\

I'm also pretty sure Chain burst can boost total dps by more than 10%, and a lot more burst damage.

WildarmsRE5
Oct 30, 2013, 02:46 AM
I'm also pretty sure Chain burst can boost total dps by more than 10%, and a lot more burst damage.that being said. . . Chain is hard too pull off on some bosses especially when the higher the chain number is, the more quickly it gets cancelled. You're better off WB-ing it then switch to TMG, or do both If you can try to keep the chain up. Chain is basically alot stronger WB but harder to do.

kisamehosh/C
Oct 30, 2013, 02:49 AM

Can some one anwser this i needs the info myselfs =w=;

WildarmsRE5
Oct 30, 2013, 05:33 AM
Can some one anwser this i needs the info myselfs =w=;Agrani units should still cut it, heck even varder units can.

Tagamikazuchi units gives good stats and all evenly too but. . . dunno.:-?

oh heck maybe crys set, gives good HP + 2 PP (so does King set)

If nothing suits you, then the proper XQ set maybe.

Emp
Oct 30, 2013, 06:57 AM
Agrani units should still cut it, heck even varder units can.

Tagamikazuchi units gives good stats and all evenly too but. . . dunno.:-?

oh heck maybe crys set, gives good HP + 2 PP (so does King set)

If nothing suits you, then the proper XQ set maybe.

Looking for units set that boost ratk at least +60 but have alot more sdef. Soon or later, ill be finishing my gu exq unit(have the jetpak rear unit, but need to arm and leg still). However atm, all my exq stones are goin to towards my exq.

GradationAir
Oct 30, 2013, 11:57 AM
I've been soloing SH on my BR at lv50 with vardha 2 set, and even dragon EX still can't one hit. I think people just overrate SH units, Vardha is still holding strong, and mostly likely still will for the next month or two.

that being said. . . Chain is hard too pull off on some bosses especially when the higher the chain number is, the more quickly it gets cancelled. You're better off WB-ing it then switch to TMG, or do both If you can try to keep the chain up. Chain is basically alot stronger WB but harder to do.

The problem isn't about how difficult it is. It WILL increase your net DPS. 30 hits isn't that hard to do. Unless you have TE as a sub AND use a weapon that increase your PP regen, you WILL need to normal attack at some point, and most likely when your PP is empty you will need to score around 20 HITS somewhere. 30 chain is very easy, and even should you fail it doesn't really hinder your DPS. It is superior to 5sp in fury critical in any way possible. Not to mention its usefulness in speeding and interrupt ranking.

WildarmsRE5
Oct 31, 2013, 03:16 AM
I said "do both". . .

TaigaUC
Oct 31, 2013, 06:07 AM
Although, Shifta Advance is pretty bad.

Oh? I didn't know that. May I get a quick explanation on that, please?

For assistance, here is my skill trees for all those classes:

I'd drop the Chain Trigger stuff.
I had it maxed out at first, tried it for a long time and decided to change.
People here kept saying it's situational and better to have a general damage increase.
They were right.

When you do use it, even 1 shot is enough to get a fat damage finish.
If you do get time to do more hits, 30-40 hits is the limit for Messiah Time because it takes a while to startup.
I think chances are you'd be able to kill enemies or break a boss part without Chain Trigger in the time it takes to get lots of hits.

Here's (http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06eIbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIk0jeb IoqnGKsN6JiGA000007b000009b000000lb2QHScFbAfGAgBbp 0000ib000000lb0000000Ib000008) what I'd go with.

I'm using Yas9000 too.
Up to you if you prefer faster Chain Trigger cooldown over maxing PP restorate.
PP Restorate ensures more consistent uptime.
I think you'd get more out of that than an occasional Chain Trigger.

For Hunter, I put points into Step stuff for the sake of TAs.
You could put points to get Sword gear or other gears instead.

Your Force and Techer trees looked pretty okay to me.
I've been having trouble deciding how to set those up myself.
So many skills I'm not willing to part ways with.

Regarding units, I'm also still using the Vardha set.
In SH, it takes around 3-4 hits to kill all my Gu/Hu characters, but as a Gu/Hu I rarely get hit anyway.
I don't want to blow all my money upgrading and affixing units just for a tiny boost.
Maybe I'll do it when the next difficulty is out with new gear.

Emp
Oct 31, 2013, 07:51 AM

I'd drop the Chain Trigger stuff.
I had it maxed out at first, tried it for a long time and decided to change.
People here kept saying it's situational and better to have a general damage increase.
They were right.

When you do use it, even 1 shot is enough to get a fat damage finish.
If you do get time to do more hits, 30-40 hits is the limit for Messiah Time because it takes a while to startup.
I think chances are you'd be able to kill enemies or break a boss part without Chain Trigger in the time it takes to get lots of hits.

Here's (http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06eIbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIk0jeb IoqnGKsN6JiGA000007b000009b000000lb2QHScFbAfGAgBbp 0000ib000000lb0000000Ib000008) what I'd go with.

I'm using Yas9000 too.
Up to you if you prefer faster Chain Trigger cooldown over maxing PP restorate.
PP Restorate ensures more consistent uptime.
I think you'd get more out of that than an occasional Chain Trigger.

For Hunter, I put points into Step stuff for the sake of TAs.
You could put points to get Sword gear or other gears instead.

Your Force and Techer trees looked pretty okay to me.
I've been having trouble deciding how to set those up myself.
So many skills I'm not willing to part ways with.

Regarding units, I'm also still using the Vardha set.
In SH, it takes around 3-4 hits to kill all my Gu/Hu characters, but as a Gu/Hu I rarely get hit anyway.
I don't want to blow all my money upgrading and affixing units just for a tiny boost.
Maybe I'll do it when the next difficulty is out with new gear.

Ahh good point on the chain trigger. Ill buy another skill tree and try it out.

About the hu part. Im nevee goin to srsly play it as main. I am most likely goin to invest into hus step skills when the cap is raised to 70, unless sega adds more skills on the far left.

Emp
Oct 31, 2013, 08:01 AM

Ppl say its bad cause the crit proct with it is still too low or crits still not likely to happen but investing ONE POINT into it isnt that bad.

TaigaUC
Oct 31, 2013, 08:10 AM
I meant Shifta Advance, not Critical.
I guess it's because it's a 1.25 boost of the Shifta attack bonus, not a modifier of all damage.

Kietsu
Oct 31, 2013, 08:15 AM
Exactly. It's a 25% bonus to whatever Shifta is adding to your attack values, and Shifta itself is only a small percentage of your base stats (which in the endgame are themselves small compared to you weapon stats)

TaigaUC
Oct 31, 2013, 10:16 AM
Thanks for clarifying that.
I guess I was always thinking about it in terms of how it'd affect a group, but I mostly play alone or with one friend, so a multiplier would be much more effective.

MetalDude
Oct 31, 2013, 10:28 AM
If we assume in a situation that Shifta gives you 200 bonus Atk, 25% is only an additional 50 on top of that. Shifta on its own has become significant enough to consciously keep up on yourself at the very least now, but SA is not worth the 10 point investment. There's better gains elsewhere.

GradationAir
Oct 31, 2013, 12:42 PM
I said "do both". . .
Everyone who debates/argues with me never seem to stand by their initial point.

who uses Chain anyway? XD

So I don't agree to this statement of yours about Chain, by saying that Chain is almost free bonus damage is used at right times, and more SP in it can only be beneficial, thus giving a point for GU having more SP.

WildarmsRE5
Nov 1, 2013, 08:27 AM
So I don't agree to this statement of yours about Chain, by saying that Chain is almost free bonus damage is used at right times, and more SP in it can only be beneficial, thus giving a point for GU having more SP.I meant that as "Chain is very seldomly used", is it used for situational purposes and nowhere near as flexible as Weak Bullet, where I Weak Bullet the most annoying/hard to kill Mobs ever. (ex: crab, Cyclone/kuklonadas, Ga/Gu Wondas)

putting points in Chain doesn't increase its damage, just its cooldown. Chain finisher is another story. btw, 20 hits to max PP? with PP restorate, 2 roll attacks are enough to get back what you just lost. I've been on an IR and WE placed 2nd with just WB. (two, Hu/Fi, an Fi/Hu and me Gu/Ra, and I'm wearing lucky rise set, and some minor grinded falz rifle)

GradationAir
Nov 1, 2013, 12:33 PM
I meant that as "Chain is very seldomly used", is it used for situational purposes and nowhere near as flexible as Weak Bullet, where I Weak Bullet the most annoying/hard to kill Mobs ever. (ex: crab, Cyclone/kuklonadas, Ga/Gu Wondas)

putting points in Chain doesn't increase its damage, just its cooldown. Chain finisher is another story. btw, 20 hits to max PP? with PP restorate, 2 roll attacks are enough to get back what you just lost. I've been on an IR and WE placed 2nd with just WB. (two, Hu/Fi, an Fi/Hu and me Gu/Ra, and I'm wearing lucky rise set, and some minor grinded falz rifle)

Except non-of your points prove that GU has sufficient SP.

roll attack gives 12PP with maxed PP passive . 2 Roll attack gives 24PP. let's be extreme and say 2 roll attack takes a loooong time to execute and you also gainted 26pp in the process. Are you telling me you have only 50PP? Or sub Fi and have PP slayer?

TaigaUC
Nov 1, 2013, 01:10 PM
Those mobs you listed aren't that annoying anymore. At least, not with Gu/Hu.
I just stand right in front (back for Ga/Guwonda) of them with Infinity Fire and they die pretty quick.

WildarmsRE5
Nov 1, 2013, 01:28 PM
Except non-of your points prove that GU has sufficient SP.

roll attack gives 12PP with maxed PP passive . 2 Roll attack gives 24PP. let's be extreme and say 2 roll attack takes a loooong time to execute and you also gainted 26pp in the process. Are you telling me you have only 50PP? Or sub Fi and have PP slayer?Killing Bonus.

My point was, Gu don't really need chain, except for boss rushes.

TaigaUC
Nov 1, 2013, 01:33 PM
Chain can be useful for breaking high def boss points quickly, like Quartz's nose and crap like that.

GradationAir
Nov 1, 2013, 10:25 PM
Killing Bonus.

My point was, Gu don't really need chain, except for boss rushes.

Don't try changing the subject. You said 2 roll attack can max PP. Your statement explicitly states WITH PP restorate you can do it with 2 roll attacks, so unless you're saying you can kill at least 2 mobs with 2 roll attacks, you statement is blatantly false.

And? So you're implying bosses aren't important? That would make Fi/Hu the most useless class.

MetalDude
Nov 1, 2013, 10:32 PM
It's not that bosses aren't important. It's that you're very rarely going to use CT more than once in a boss fight, even on a reduced CD.

WildarmsRE5
Nov 2, 2013, 07:14 AM
Don't try changing the subject. You said 2 roll attack can max PP. Your statement explicitly states WITH PP restorate you can do it with 2 roll attacks, so unless you're saying you can kill at least 2 mobs with 2 roll attacks, you statement is blatantly false.

And? So you're implying bosses aren't important? That would make Fi/Hu the most useless class.for the love of god, don't enemies die after you give them some good Infinity Fire bullets?

Jesus, Take a Hint!, I'm trying to say that Chain isn't exactly a good boss killer, but it is functional. Why are you even taking this to Fi/Hu?

GradationAir
Nov 3, 2013, 02:56 PM
for the love of god, don't enemies die after you give them some good Infinity Fire bullets?

Jesus, Take a Hint!, I'm trying to say that Chain isn't exactly a good boss killer, but it is functional. Why are you even taking this to Fi/Hu?

Infinity Fire can regenerate PP? You said 2 roll = all PP lost gained. Infinity Fire is a s-roll? How do you gain 100pp without doing at least 20 hits? Getting back all the lost PP in 2 s-roll attack is just bullshit, even if your definition of max PP is 50, which I don't even so.

This is the best Gu can be, but it can never be possible at the current cap. So the most obvious thing anyone can understand is that, you should try to be close to it as possible.
http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06efNIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkIzIk7z7bI n0000000lb000009b000000lb2QHScFbncDGAgAbp0000ib000 000lb0000000Ibf4Nih00000

Unless this point is reached, it's always false to say Gu has spare SP.

It's not that bosses aren't important. It's that you're very rarely going to use CT more than once in a boss fight, even on a reduced CD.

I also don't think you can max CT finisher as well as ZRA+PP restraint+Perfect keeper.
Not suggesting maxing CD is a good plan, but I've tried it and is better than you think. Mostly because it has 20 second activation time, as well as the time it takes to do the chain itself. If you activate CT, and proceed to cutscene of a boss, you have 15second left, and 10second to waste some PP, then build up chain. By the time you Chain finish you'd have 20 sec or so left, which is a really short time. Though yes I still don't recommend it.

WildarmsRE5
Nov 3, 2013, 11:55 PM
Infinity Fire can regenerate PP? You said 2 roll = all PP lost gained. Infinity Fire is a s-roll? How do you gain 100pp without doing at least 20 hits? Getting back all the lost PP in 2 s-roll attack is just bullshit, even if your definition of max PP is 50, which I don't even so.

This is the best Gu can be, but it can never be possible at the current cap. So the most obvious thing anyone can understand is that, you should try to be close to it as possible.
http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06efNIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkIzIk7z7bI n0000000lb000009b000000lb2QHScFbncDGAgAbp0000ib000 000lb0000000Ibf4Nih00000

Unless this point is reached, it's always false to say Gu has spare SP.*facepalm* Killing Bonus?, 10 PP per kill?, how many mob kills can I make with one infinity Fire?

also, you underestimate Srolls, my friend who has lot's of skill trees can vouch for that, Sroll Arts recover PP, and using only 10 PP while it deals close enough dmg like infi fire. Sroll up is 200% at max, then Sroll arts is 300%, adds up to 500%, also, JA roll is 200% so 700%. the most my guns can do at normal attacking is about 100 - 300, now multiply it by 7. . . and those multipliers from Ra sub or Hu, and ZRA and PK, add Weak Bullet to Burn boss.

we can forget the chain after we get some new SP co, and a new lvl cap. add another tree if you plan to use boss rushing tree by maxing Chain-related stuff.

yeah Gu, doesn't have sufficient SP, I'd drop the Dive roll adv there, its not like you're gonna be using rifle in Hu sub. If you're an Hu sub, you're gonna be using CT a lot more. (I tried playing as Hu/Gu as of today, using an H10 all class TMG 10+)

QUOTE=TaigaUC;3060576]Those mobs you listed aren't that annoying anymore. At least, not with Gu/Hu.
I just stand right in front (back for Ga/Guwonda) of them with Infinity Fire and they die pretty quick.[/QUOTE] Mr. Krabs in Ruins still. . . annoying. Big varder in SH is super annoying, the only boss I've had trouble killing with an MPA.

GradationAir
Nov 4, 2013, 12:28 PM
*facepalm* Killing Bonus?, 10 PP per kill?, how many mob kills can I make with one infinity Fire?

also, you underestimate Srolls, my friend who has lot's of skill trees can vouch for that, Sroll Arts recover PP, and using only 10 PP while it deals close enough dmg like infi fire. Sroll up is 200% at max, then Sroll arts is 300%, adds up to 500%, also, JA roll is 200% so 700%. the most my guns can do at normal attacking is about 100 - 300, now multiply it by 7. . . and those multipliers from Ra sub or Hu, and ZRA and PK, add Weak Bullet to Burn boss.

Okay, tell me how do you get killing bonus with GuHu please(Unless we've been talking about RA and this whole thread has been a lie). In the first place I was arguing with your statement 2 S-rolling recovers all lost hp.

I don't even know why the hell are you bringing S-roll arts, other than indicating GU needs more SP. Plus s-roll regenerate 2+2+2 pp, double with restraint, plus pp through regen. Facts are facts. Even with s-roll arts, and say 2 sroll killed 4 mobs, that's still 20 + 12 - 10 = 22.

TaigaUC
Nov 4, 2013, 01:15 PM
SH Big Vardha is only annoying with the stupid lasers at the start and the Gilnas plane flying out to repair stuff. Almost nobody notices the plane.
It's also a little too ambiguous which parts are "broken".
Takes a few seconds to make sure you're not able to do damage anymore.

Otherwise I don't have any problems soloing SH Vardha.
If I can solo it then 12/12 multiparties shouldn't have a problem.

deahamlet
Nov 4, 2013, 04:54 PM
SH Big Vardha is only annoying with the stupid lasers at the start and the Gilnas plane flying out to repair stuff. Almost nobody notices the plane.

1. At least on my ship since the mizer/cougar and ToT2 show up with the raid Vharda, nobody runs it anymore.
2. Even when they did run it, after the first day people were simply ignoring the parts and just going for the main body and dashing everywhere and dying to rockets... STILL they were not bothering to break rockets anymore. Sadly... it WAS faster by a couple of minutes this way versus breaking parts. Annoying as all hell, but faster.

If people actually go and do what they need to do and are not 15 levels below the raid boss, SH Vharda raid was only exciting ONCE. The first time. After that if you have some semblance of power and brain in the party he goes down fast. It's a tad sad that his rockets are not dangerous enough to force you to break them.

I saw a party fighting King with the new infection 12/12 who gave up on rockets because they were being healed too fast and the timer was running low. King barely died within the time frame. I have no idea what levels they were as on my force/techer I display health bars not class/level info.

People only have problems if they're going in barely able to step in to that difficulty. Even Elder SH as easy as he is can be a pain if everyone is barely 50 and using joke weapons and such, lol. People use raids more for XP than loots, blame the crappy drop rates.

GradationAir
Nov 4, 2013, 06:04 PM

That's why you bring an all class katana, though I don't think s-rolling that would have any problem also.

Vardha is a piece of cake as long as you break the core that spawns little bots.

WildarmsRE5
Nov 4, 2013, 08:29 PM
Okay, tell me how do you get killing bonus with GuHu please(Unless we've been talking about RA and this whole thread has been a lie). In the first place I was arguing with your statement 2 S-rolling recovers all lost hp.

I don't even know why the hell are you bringing S-roll arts, other than indicating GU needs more SP. Plus s-roll regenerate 2+2+2 pp, double with restraint, plus pp through regen. Facts are facts. Even with s-roll arts, and say 2 sroll killed 4 mobs, that's still 20 + 12 - 10 = 22.the hidden "message" I wanted to say to TC, Ra is better in terms of PA spam.

I brought up S-rolls because of your build. (apparently, 90% of people underestimate it, so you don't have to feel bad for it.) since I'm an Hu/Gu now, I've been having trouble spamming PA, and I'm just like "screw it, I'll S-roll it to death" lol

btw, hp?. yeah I can symphatize with Gu/Hu now since I know now its hardships not being able to recover lost PP by just killing stuff, and PP restorate doesn't cut it.

EDIT: I better try that Te unli PP stuff, so can synchronize with Fo stuff

GradationAir
Nov 4, 2013, 10:24 PM
I brought up S-rolls because of your build. (apparently, 90% of people underestimate it, so you don't have to feel bad for it.

I'm not sure I understand you since I only got s-roll JA bonus maxed and the minimum prerequisite needed to get JA bonus.

TaigaUC
Nov 5, 2013, 08:58 AM

I think most people aren't even aware that the gilnas ship flies around repairing.
They break the missiles and then move on.
Out of the few SH Vardha MPA runs I've done (because nobody's doing it, like you said) I only ever saw one other person hunting the repair ships down.

Not even just in SH, people tend to ignore the massive missiles at the top of Vardha.
There have been times where they desperately try to attack the core with fat missiles raining on the core platform constantly knocking everyone off.
They also almost never attack the core first, which I've been doing since day one.
If they did, they wouldn't have to worry about the repair ship.
Wonder how long it'll take for most people to change strategy?

Nobody doing something just underscores the issue with how PSO2 relies so heavily on incentive and motivation instead of just being fun.
I was just thinking earlier that despite all of the new "content", the game is still most populated during same old Falz.
Take away the exp and chance of loot rewards, and I bet almost nobody would do Falz.

Kinda reminds me of Vindictus, but not as bad because PSO2 is actually soloable.
Vindictus became virtually impossible to progress alone because nobody was ever doing any of the required missions all the way through half of the game.

Anyway, this is all kind of off-topic now, so I'll leave it at that.

Aine
Nov 5, 2013, 10:11 AM

EQ Vardha has considerably more HP than Free Vardha, so you can't really compare them. It's much more difficult to break EQ Vardha's main cannon before it starts producing Gilnach Cores, unless somebody applies WB to it early.

TaigaUC
Nov 5, 2013, 09:24 PM
But we're talking 1 vs Vardha compared to 12 vs EQ Vardha.
Isn't that a fairly balanced comparison?

My point is people rarely even try to attack the cannon until everything else is "destroyed".
That doesn't work if the Gilnas Cores are repairing everything.
And they don't even notice that, either.

deahamlet
Nov 5, 2013, 11:24 PM
I think most people aren't even aware that the gilnas ship flies around repairing.
They break the missiles and then move on.
Out of the few SH Vardha MPA runs I've done (because nobody's doing it, like you said) I only ever saw one other person hunting the repair ships down.

Not even just in SH, people tend to ignore the massive missiles at the top of Vardha.
There have been times where they desperately try to attack the core with fat missiles raining on the core platform constantly knocking everyone off.
They also almost never attack the core first, which I've been doing since day one.
If they did, they wouldn't have to worry about the repair ship.
Wonder how long it'll take for most people to change strategy?

Nobody doing something just underscores the issue with how PSO2 relies so heavily on incentive and motivation instead of just being fun.
I was just thinking earlier that despite all of the new "content", the game is still most populated during same old Falz.
Take away the exp and chance of loot rewards, and I bet almost nobody would do Falz.

Kinda reminds me of Vindictus, but not as bad because PSO2 is actually soloable.
Vindictus became virtually impossible to progress alone because nobody was ever doing any of the required missions all the way through half of the game.

Anyway, this is all kind of off-topic now, so I'll leave it at that.

We were just talking about this very topic the last few days. Loads of MPAs and easy leveling the first week of SH. Since then... everyone is running to bosses, you can't find a consistent MPA to save your life. Leveling is a lot harder if your friends are not on. Just be a party of 4 and suddenly the MPA fills from 5-6 to 12. But try going alone, 2-3 people and it never goes up or people are just killing to boss. Even on days with XP boost in certain maps, people aren't running them consistently... JP prime-time or not.

At least there are some options to go solo. Certain level ranges are a pain still if you want fast XP being alone.

Dark Falz has amazing drops that are super rare AND amazing XP. That's why the blocks are always full. But if they removed even one of those, XP or drops... there'd be a drop in people running for sure.

Vharda has NOTHING to entice people to run it in the raid anymore. It has easier XP runs to compete with (both TOT2 and the Cougar map appear with it) and nothing WOW and new to desire. On top of which he is available level 65 normally... you can even solo it and you know what... It's sometimes EASIER to solo than to do 12/12 raid the way people are going. On top of which there is no timer to worry about.

People change strategy when they have to. Very few people develop or change strategies for fun. Also easier to try something new when you're not wasting 11 other people's time if it's a bad idea.

deahamlet
Nov 5, 2013, 11:32 PM
But we're talking 1 vs Vardha compared to 12 vs EQ Vardha.
Isn't that a fairly balanced comparison?

My point is people rarely even try to attack the cannon until everything else is "destroyed".
That doesn't work if the Gilnas Cores are repairing everything.
And they don't even notice that, either.

Actually if people move fast, you don't have to have everyone on the rocket launchers and stuff. Only 1-2 people need to go up to deal with them everyone else can deal with core and all that. So waiting until everything is destroyed is completely unneccessary. I'm surprised you have experienced people waiting, all I was seeing is people ignoring the rocket launchers, sadly even the ones on top of his face (on my force I just ignored the silly people and did it myself for the ones on top of his face)...

And depending on level and class 1 of 4 in the 4/4 Vardha versus 12 of 12 in EQ Vardha may be an unfair comparison.
A 65/65 Force/Techer or Gunner/Ranger will laugh at the normal Vardha even if they don't bother wasting time with rockets and such (especially Gunner). A whole bunch of 50-something running around like headless chickens in EQ Vardha and not destroying parts and not dashing and dying... A hell of a lot harder.
Even if you are the one 65/65 with some brains you cannot make up for 11 other num-nuts. :)

Smithee
Nov 6, 2013, 01:04 AM
Well this has gotten ridiculously off topic There's two Gu/hu trees that should be considered In my opinion. http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06eIbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIk0lbI nqnGKJ7JiGA000007b000009b000000jdB2QaFcFInfGAgBbp0 000ib000000lb0000000Ib000008 and http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06eIbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIk0jeb IoqnGKsN6JiGA000007b000009b000000lb2QJ2cFInfGAgBbp 0000ib000000lb0000000Ib000008 There's a few other trees you could consider these two being the most common. You can fast travel with out step attack and anyone who doesn't know that doesn't know much about fast traveling. Also to note besides the fact most of you hate B20 it's very very easy to start a good MPA on the block.