PDA

View Full Version : Happy Halloween!

Outrider
Oct 31, 2013, 10:01 AM
Happy Halloween, people!

As we all know, Halloween is easily the best holiday[citation needed], so I hope you're all enjoying yourselves.

What are your plans for the day? Are you dressing up in costume? Are you doing a movie marathon? Are you playing spooky games? Are you stuck at work? Are you only just now realizing that it's Halloween and can't fathom why fully-grown adults still care about this commercialized holiday?

Let us know! (Please note: If it's the last one, do not let us know.)

Outrider
Oct 31, 2013, 10:01 AM
I'll start: I threw together a super-pathetic Link costume with a wig, a t-shirt taped up to look like his hat, and an inside-out green shirt over a brown thermal to act as his tunic. I'm at work, but we're not actually doing a costume contest this year so... it was a complete waste of time?

Later tonight, I'm going to be sitting at home drawing comics. I get home too late for trick-or-treaters, so I don't expect anybody to come by. I might put on some Halloween-themed movies or maybe take some time to play one of the creepier games I've got sitting in my backlog.

o0Kais0o
Oct 31, 2013, 10:12 AM
Sadly I'll be working most of tonight and by the time I get home it'll be over save the terrible movies lol. I don't even know anybody who's throwing a party this year either.

America does halloween way better than the UK. :sad:

CelestialBlade
Oct 31, 2013, 11:12 AM
I went to a Halloween party this past Saturday, watching movies and carving pumpkins with some friends. I came up with a bit of a gothy costume with a few of my own twists to it (Polly and I decided to try to recreate eachother's costumes from last year, was a fun idea :D). Had on my black strappy knee-high boots, black/purple striped stockings, a black flowy miniskirt, a black vinyl short sleeved cropped top with a purple fishnet shirt over it, my black fingerless gloves, a purple choker, and some purple eyeshadow. It was quite an ensemble and I'm really proud of how it turned out :O Not doing anything today, stuck at work and it's supposed to get pretty stormy tonight, but I'll totally raid the clearance candy tomorrow.

Costume sounds awesome, Outrider :P The makeshift stuff can be the most fun sometimes.

RenzokukenZ
Oct 31, 2013, 01:44 PM
I'll be working all day until midnight, but there's a good chance I'll see a bunch of kids around the school neighborhood celebrating. Hopefully no one eggs my car.

That said, once I'm done I'll be watching the best Halloween movie ever: Army of Darkness

Retehi
Oct 31, 2013, 01:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbT8n_ay4fM

Best holiday ever indeed, horror movie marathon time.

Ryno
Oct 31, 2013, 01:55 PM
Went to three halloween parties this past weekend. And this morning dressed in my halloween outfit for work and tonight going trick or treat with my nieces

Zeota
Oct 31, 2013, 03:21 PM
No plans here besides maybe a few BlazBlue matches. No trick-or-treaters roll through here so no worries there. At least the people here do it on the right day. In the county where I lived before, they did it on the last Saturday because the 31st was on a schooooooool night! </whinyvoice.

Sayara
Oct 31, 2013, 03:33 PM
https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1385201_10153412856595481_1885525468_n.jpg bleh.
No more effort since going to work anyway (http://i.minus.com/ixiDkqueOtbLE.jpg)

Gogo paint :|

BIG OLAF
Oct 31, 2013, 04:33 PM
Are you only just now realizing that it's Halloween and can't fathom why fully-grown adults still care about this commercialized holiday?

Yeah, I really don't get wh-

http://yoursmiles.org/ssmile/sad/s0730.gif

gigawuts
Oct 31, 2013, 04:45 PM
I shaved a few days ago, so my plan to be a sweaty neckbeard kind of fell through.

Outrider
Oct 31, 2013, 05:07 PM
Are you only just now realizing that it's Halloween and can't fathom why fully-grown adults still care about this commercialized holiday?

Yeah, I really don't get wh-

http://yoursmiles.org/ssmile/sad/s0730.gif

The system is working!

Nitro Vordex
Oct 31, 2013, 05:10 PM
I shaved a few days ago, so my plan to be a sweaty neckbeard kind of fell through.
It's okay, you get all of November for that!

Also I'm closing at work and dealing with annoying customers. Both child and adult. And quite possibly drunk adults.

OH AND WE'RE GONNA BE SHORTHANDED. TONIGHT IS GOING TO BE FUN.

I wish I could wear my Ryu costume.

Ketchup345
Oct 31, 2013, 11:34 PM
Went to a bar. My costume was Bill Nye- red bow tie (real, not clip on), blue dress shirt, printed out something that said "Hello, my name is: Bill Nye." Not as many people as I expected.

This morning, getting my costume ready for work made me late as it was my first time attempting to tie a bow tie.

LK1721
Nov 1, 2013, 12:25 AM
My friend and I went as half-assed Adventure Time characters to school. I was Marceline because I basically dress the same anyway: Tank-top (wore a leather jacket too because dresscode lol), dark skinny jeans, and knee high red boots. Didn't have to do much with my hair since it is already really long, dark, and wavy. Made some vampire fangs from acrylic nails. My friend, on the other hand, dressed up as Princess Bubblegum in one of her alternate outfits (with a labcoat and goggles) which worked out just dandy since her hair is pink anyway. More people got excited than I thought they would, so that was great.

Ended up having to go to work, but got off early, so I just went home, played Diablo III with my dad, and gave out/ate candy.

gigawuts
Nov 1, 2013, 12:31 AM
No trick or treaters all day. All day! This might explain the two trick or treaters that showed up earlier this week, some town rule or something.

We didn't have candy.

Now I feel bad.

Cyron Tanryoku
Nov 1, 2013, 01:22 AM
I dress up as a girl in her underwear and stayed inside the entire day

Mike
Nov 1, 2013, 01:43 AM
I worked and then went home and played games. Nobody around here cares about Halloween so nobody does anything. No trick-or-treaters, no parties, no costumes, nothing. It was rather boring.

EDIT: Didn't play any scary games either. I should have.

Jaqlou Swig KING
Nov 1, 2013, 10:21 AM
Halloween is the best holiday of the year. Only downside is drunken shenanigans on the way home and a ruined outfit cuz of a friend who can't hold their liquor. /semirant

RIP HALLOWEEN TILL NEXT YR BBY