PDA

View Full Version : HDD wipe question

Aera
Nov 1, 2013, 03:54 AM
I've been away from PSO2 since a little after Guild Houses were made; I read somewhere there was a HDD wipe of some kind? What exactly was effected by this and would it effect my character any?

Vandread
Nov 1, 2013, 04:00 AM
It only affected users that updated during a certain period of time, and also met some other 'requirements' (such as having the game installed in a non-default folder).

It wiped various files on your HDD (seemingly random to a certain degree). Given that your character isn't saved locally, but on SEGA's servers, your characters aren't affected at all.

Aera
Nov 1, 2013, 04:15 AM
It only affected users that updated during a certain period of time, and also met some other 'requirements' (such as having the game installed in a non-default folder).

It wiped various files on your HDD (seemingly random to a certain degree). Given that your character isn't saved locally, but on SEGA's servers, your characters aren't affected at all.

Okay so my character from a year ago, should be still there right?

blace
Nov 1, 2013, 04:19 AM
Character data is server sided, the same with items and accessories you have on your account. It's all stored on the server.