PDA

View Full Version : Pso 2???

Dark Ace
Nov 4, 2013, 11:24 AM
Ok so I'm very upset for losing psu servers!!! 😩😫😖 but anyways I'm not really a PC gamer but I need my phantasy star... I was waiting for an English release but lately it doesn't seem like that will happen... If I buy a gaming PC is it possible for me to play on the Jp servers with a English patch still?? And also anyone know how the private server projects for psu are coming along?

Zeota
Nov 4, 2013, 11:29 AM
Yes it is and people here do it everyday. Plenty of information here for getting started.

Jaqlou Swig KING
Nov 4, 2013, 11:31 AM
1. Yes.
2. I think some human shenanigans happened and it got scrapped. Might be some other one in planning or complete or some jazz. Who knows.

Dark Ace
Nov 4, 2013, 04:26 PM
Thanks guys!

Ship2Mikeh
Nov 4, 2013, 04:49 PM
Dont even need a gaming computer I've THUROUGHLY enjoyed the game since early early days on an acer laptop with, get this, "Intel HD Graphics family" integrated roflvideocard

Just nerf your settings and you can play this game well even on a multiple year old trash laptop, but only to a point, nothing 4+ years old unless its got semi-decent specs and a non intel card.

NoiseHERO
Nov 4, 2013, 04:54 PM
Dude I can run this game on max settings and I'm on integrated graphics. (it'll be slow though, also the rest of my PC is pretty good so maybe I just lucked out)

But it doesn't take much to run this game at all. (on lowest settings it has PSP graphics.)

supersonix9
Nov 4, 2013, 04:59 PM
wut wut

Sp-24
Nov 4, 2013, 05:15 PM
I can't run this game on max settings on what was supposed to be a "gaming" laptop a few years ago. I could in PSO2's early days, but not anymore, thanks to Gameguard. And my regular, garbage laptop literally BSODs unless I play PSO2 on Windows XP.

So, it's not all that simple.

r00tabaga
Nov 4, 2013, 05:28 PM
I gotta an Asus with GeForce 3770 and on max its beautiful. Been addicted for 2 weeks. English patch is a huge plus, but I've been playing on Vita and have been getting by fine.
Vita version is great btw...

Aeris
Nov 4, 2013, 05:35 PM
I gotta an Asus with GeForce 3770 and on max its beautiful. Been addicted for 2 weeks. English patch is a huge plus, but I've been playing on Vita and have been getting by fine.
Vita version is great btw...
Don't you mean 770 since 3770 is more like a typo to me lol.

GradationAir
Nov 4, 2013, 06:05 PM
I can't run this game on max settings on what was supposed to be a "gaming" laptop a few years ago. I could in PSO2's early days, but not anymore, thanks to Gameguard. And my regular, garbage laptop literally BSODs unless I play PSO2 on Windows XP.

So, it's not all that simple.

That sounds more like OS getting messy and/or need to clean out your heatsink. Since you said few years I'd recommend replacing the thermal paste also.

Sp-24
Nov 4, 2013, 06:29 PM
Seems completely fine when it's on XP, though. Besides, it was fine until one update, when it first started to act up, and then - to fuck up, crashes and all. And it still doesn't explain the problem with the other laptop, where PSO2 ran like the wind, again, until one update.

To me, it sounds more like neither Sega nor nPro can handle computers worth shit.

r00tabaga
Nov 4, 2013, 06:34 PM
Don't you mean 770 since 3770 is more like a typo to me lol.

Yeah I'm not a PC guy. 640 on the card, 3770 on the chip.

gsgrego
Nov 4, 2013, 09:35 PM
I have a amd phenom II x6 and a radeon hd 6850 and I don't think my computer even notices a game is running.

Dark Ace
Nov 5, 2013, 11:29 PM
Ok good news I'm getting an Alienware laptop that's really nice so I can start PC gaming(: but I'll need the steps to creating an account and downloading the game! Any help please!? :)

Evangelion X.XX
Nov 5, 2013, 11:39 PM
I don't know about the others here on this forum but I just downloaded PSO2 from here:

http://pso2.jp/players/download/

I do not use AIDA'S tweaker or anything, but I do use the English Patch from here:

http://psumods.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=206

Keep in mind that the game is huge so downloading everything will take a while. And on another note, sometimes it helps to use HOTSPOTSHIELD if you keep losing connection while trying to download the game.

But before you take my suggestion, let's see what the others will say about this issue of downloading the game....

Also, use google translate on the PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2 website, it helps....

.Jack
Nov 5, 2013, 11:51 PM
You don't really need a gaming laptop to play this game unless you want really good graphics. If you buy pretty much anything new atm (thinking $500 price range) , the current hardware nowadays should run this game very decent with a few settings tweaks.

Evangelion X.XX
Nov 6, 2013, 12:00 AM
Whatever gaming PC you get, I would strongly recommend that you opt for a better graphics card than an integrated one which I'm using to play PSO2. Even though my laptop is an i7 quad processor, the integrated graphics card sucks (don't want to buy a new laptop or PC for PSO2).

To put it frankly, sometimes the game will slow down in the Lobby, when I'm destroying a Baize, during PSE Bursts when there's too much stuff going on, or when Forces are casting Zondeel. Having everything slow down, really sucks... and hopefully because my laptop slows down, I'm not making it slow for everyone else in the MPA or for my party.

Dark Ace
Nov 6, 2013, 08:49 AM
http://m.tigerdirect.com/products/8402885 this is the laptop I'm looking to get... Can you guys check out the specs and lemme know what ya think about... I wanna be able to play the new elder scrolls when it comes out as well on decent settings

WildarmsRE5
Nov 6, 2013, 11:01 AM
http://m.tigerdirect.com/products/8402885 this is the laptop I'm looking to get... Can you guys check out the specs and lemme know what ya think about... I wanna be able to play the new Elder Falz Scrolls when it comes out as well on decent settings

Corrected it LOL xD

pkemr4
Nov 6, 2013, 11:08 AM
im running this on a hp pavilion g6 with a 1.9 dual core cpu/AMD radeon hd 6480G APU (AMD's attempt at copying intels extreme graphics 4000 Series)

but have to run it all on lowest setting but max res (dont wanna run at non native screen size) i get OCD about screen res in games

gsgrego
Nov 6, 2013, 07:54 PM
im running this on a hp pavilion g6 with a 1.9 dual core cpu/AMD radeon hd 6480G APU (AMD's attempt at copying intels extreme graphics 4000 Series)

but have to run it all on lowest setting but max res (dont wanna run at non native screen size) i get OCD about screen res in games

That sounds like a very low level apu. Stil leagues ahead of a regular onboard chip and any intel graphics. I am going to guess that you have a memory problem and not a graphics load issue.