PDA

View Full Version : HDD Wiping Compensation Email

ZeGoose
Nov 5, 2013, 10:35 AM
I've had this email for a while and I assume I did not qualify. Can someone confirm? I want to be sure because of the new Bumped post.

平素はセガ製品をご愛顧いただき、誠にありがとうございます。

本メールでは、株式会社セガ PSO2特設サポートより、
『ファンタシースターオンライン2』「ハードディスク内データ削除に
関する専用投稿フォーム」にご投稿いただきました方へご案内差し上げ
ております。

このたびはご連絡まで大変お時間をいただくこととなり、誠に申し訳ご
ざいません。

9月4日(水)に発生しました、PC版アップデートにおけるハードディスク
内のデータが一部削除された不具合により、ご投稿のお手間をおかけしま
して、誠に申し訳ございません。

ご投稿いただいた内容につきまして、弊社にてお時間をいただき照合を
実施しておりましたが、このたび不具合の対象には該当していないことが
判明いたしました。
ご連絡まで長らくのお時間をいただき、ご心配をおかけいたしましたこと
改めまして深くお詫び申し上げます。

最後になりましたが、このたびの不具合につきましては、開発スケジュー
ルの見直し、チェック体制の強化を行い、再発防止に努めます。
皆様にご満足いただけるサービスをご提供してまいりますので、今後とも
弊社製品をご愛顧の程、よろしくお願い申し上げます。

Kondibon
Nov 5, 2013, 10:38 AM
If you didn't know about this until now then you most likely don't since you had to actively contact SEGA for that compensation.

ZeGoose
Nov 5, 2013, 11:26 AM
Wait what do you mean actively contacted Sega? I only sent the form in September and that is it. Nothing else and just waited patiently.

Kondibon
Nov 5, 2013, 11:30 AM
Wait what do you mean actively contacted Sega? I only sent the form in September and that is it. Nothing else and just waited patiently.Oh. You weren't very clear on that. I thought you got it without knowing anything about it. I know that there was the normal compensation for anyone who used the patcher within that time even if nothing happened, and then if you had actual computer problems you had to contact them personally for additional compensation. iirc

I slapped that through google like I assume you did, and It seems to be saying you didn't qualify though. o:

Kietsu
Nov 5, 2013, 11:38 AM
Well the obvious question here is did you qualify?

ZeGoose
Nov 5, 2013, 11:54 AM
Oh. You weren't very clear on that. I thought you got it without knowing anything about it. I know that there was the normal compensation for anyone who used the patcher within that time even if nothing happened, and then if you had actual computer problems you had to contact them personally for additional compensation. iirc

I slapped that through google like I assume you did, and It seems to be saying you didn't qualify though. o:

Yes I did. That was my understanding of the garbled mess.

While, to my best knowledge nothing happen to my computer per say, I can't rule out that it did do harm. Can't hurt to try since they have the records and can check for me. If I get nothing I get nothing.

ShinKai
Nov 5, 2013, 03:33 PM
Well, I put your e-mail into google translate, and it had a line that says "but that it does not apply to the subject of trouble this time" So, I'm guessing you didn't qualify?

I hope that helps.

gsgrego
Nov 5, 2013, 07:58 PM
What is this whole thing about anyway? Why did sega want people to wipe their hdd?

The Walrus
Nov 5, 2013, 08:02 PM
It was an error during one the updates a few months ago that caused issues with peoples hard drives. Like deleting FFXIV:ARR files for example

gsgrego
Nov 5, 2013, 08:18 PM
It was an error during one the updates a few months ago that caused issues with peoples hard drives. Like deleting FFXIV:ARR files for example

hahahhahaha. FAIL!