PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Live Broadcast 14 (November 12th) and late November update

Ezodagrom
Nov 6, 2013, 03:41 PM
The next PSO2 Live Broadcast will air November 12th at 21:00 JST (http://bit.ly/1fkaxww) on Nico Nico Live (http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv158457683)

Live Broadcast 14 Topics

Send a message to the PSO2 Live Broadcast Team! The submission form will be available until November 11th 18:00 JST.
The latest news and information for PSO2
The hosts announce some lobby actions they want to implement. Viewers can vote on them through a survey.
The hosts challenge the new Emergency Quest.
PSO2 Soundtrack Information
Win prizes by typing a special phrase.

2013 Roadmap page update for late November

Super Hard Time Attack Quests
New PSEs
New items for the Badge Exchange Shop

http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-live-broadcast-14-schedule/

The Walrus
Nov 6, 2013, 03:49 PM
>Super Hard Time Attacks

oh boy

Zyrusticae
Nov 6, 2013, 03:49 PM
Super Hard Time Attacks already?

Oh, boy... Here we go!

Edit: Derp beat me to it. Damn you, Derp.

Emp
Nov 6, 2013, 03:56 PM
Say hello to inflation....

Cyron Tanryoku
Nov 6, 2013, 03:56 PM
aw yeah dem 110k super hard tacos

pkemr4
Nov 6, 2013, 03:58 PM
Say hello to inflation....

quoted for the truth.

Emp
Nov 6, 2013, 04:08 PM
Wait this is actually good for me...

Im close to getting my exq rod, so this just gives more money when I grind and affix it. +1 Sega

jooozek
Nov 6, 2013, 04:11 PM
doesnt really matter how much the new tacos will give since the majority only runs a single difficulty
also lol @ new PSEs
instead of making new idiotic PSE better add the existing boost ones (boosted enemies/rare enemies) to super hard quests

Emp
Nov 6, 2013, 04:15 PM
doesnt really matter how much the new tacos will give since the majority only runs a single difficulty
also lol @ new PSEs
instead of making new idiotic PSE better add the existing boost ones (boosted enemies/rare enemies) to super hard quests

Ill still be running vh. 500k extra cash each day is nice.

gigawuts
Nov 6, 2013, 04:16 PM
I'd rather excubes or XQ passes for SH tacos :evil:

The Walrus
Nov 6, 2013, 04:17 PM
I'd be ok with that

pkemr4
Nov 6, 2013, 04:18 PM
also lol @ new PSEs

i run H and VH for 850k daily vs 500k daily.

MetalDude
Nov 6, 2013, 04:18 PM
Can we seriously get some new Excube or Photon Sphere items down the line? That'd be super cool.

Zyrusticae
Nov 6, 2013, 04:21 PM
i run H and VH for 850k daily vs 500k daily.

Ill still be running vh. 500k extra cash each day is nice.
You guys weird me out.

Why bother with lower difficulties when you can just run SH again on other characters?

(Note: Yes, I am aware not everyone levels alts seriously)

Cyron Tanryoku
Nov 6, 2013, 04:23 PM
Because melee sucks
I aint got a second group

MetalDude
Nov 6, 2013, 04:24 PM
VH TACOs are so piss easy nowadays with even a moderately competent group of people that I won't really have any issues with running both VH and SH. 1 mil+ a day off one character is solid.

pkemr4
Nov 6, 2013, 04:24 PM
to lazy to lvl my 3 alts to lvl 40. also dont wanna spend money just for them to do enough dmg to kill fordonsa in VH sanctrum ;-;

Emp
Nov 6, 2013, 04:25 PM
You guys weird me out.

Why bother with lower difficulties when you can just run SH again on other characters?

(Note: Yes, I am aware not everyone levels alts seriously)

Ive put almost 3000 hours to get where I am now. Im not doin it again on an alt.

Because melee sucks
I aint got a second group

Qouted for truth.

gigawuts
Nov 6, 2013, 05:00 PM
You don't have to do it again. My 600 hour character competes just fine against level 45 enemies compared to my 3700 hour character.

WildarmsRE5
Nov 7, 2013, 01:47 AM
inb4 2 mil per character

Aine
Nov 7, 2013, 03:21 AM
They mentioned a while ago that they'd be tweaking TACOs somehow, most likely if you clear it on SH the lower difficulties will go into cooldown as well. Or something like that...

Dnd
Nov 7, 2013, 03:58 AM
> The hosts challenge the new Emergency Quest.

Cant wait to see this, lol

EvilMag
Nov 7, 2013, 04:05 AM
They mentioned a while ago that they'd be tweaking TACOs somehow, most likely if you clear it on SH the lower difficulties will go into cooldown as well. Or something like that...

Watch as you clear the SH tacos and if you brought the N/H/VH COs those will be completed as well.

Not sure if good or bad if thats the case.

gigawuts
Nov 7, 2013, 09:40 AM
I didn't think people would be so excited about jumping through hoops labeled with a different difficulty and a few more e-bucks.

gigawuts
Nov 7, 2013, 10:10 AM
I still think just throwing more money at tacos is a colossal mistake and the rewards should instead be focused on additional access to higher level content such as XQ tickets (alongside SH XQs) and excubes.

But Sega pretty clearly only cares that the economy is marginally stable and this will make premium more enticing since free players will have more money to spend on stuff in the player shops so...

I'm just running pissinthewind.exe.

gigawuts
Nov 7, 2013, 10:36 AM
You raise an interesting point...excubes instead of grinders.

They should add a grinder shop! Convert grinders into a variety of items, just like the PD shop and excube shop :wacko:

Coatl
Nov 7, 2013, 10:56 AM
What's wrong with SH Tacos? We're getting more meseta but things are going to get more expensive for us too. Think about grinding those *11 weapons and having them cost you 13k per grind, and you have to buy a lock for 400k once you reach +9. You'll be wanting that SH TA money. In fact I'd be pretty upset if they didn't make our money source scale with equipment costs.

Really guys, we have to look at the big picture..

Emp
Nov 7, 2013, 11:32 AM
What's wrong with SH Tacos? We're getting more meseta but things are going to get more expensive for us too. Think about grinding those *11 weapons and having them cost you 13k per grind, and you have to buy a lock for 400k once you reach +9. You'll be wanting that SH TA money. In fact I'd be pretty upset if they didn't make our money source scale with equipment costs.

Qouted for truth

The Walrus
Nov 7, 2013, 11:34 AM
But what if full protects go up in price cause of it. Sure you'll have more money for grinding itself but the other stuff you want to go with it will still take a good portion of the money you get from tacos

Zyrusticae
Nov 7, 2013, 02:29 PM
But what if full protects go up in price cause of it. Sure you'll have more money for grinding itself but the other stuff you want to go with it will still take a good portion of the money you get from tacos
Hot commodities like full protects will always go for a high price that is almost entirely determined by supply due to the outrageously high demand.

In other words, while their price is going up, it's going up proportionately with the number of items in the market as a whole relative to the actual money supply. The only thing that will increase or decrease the actual (not monetary) cost of full protects is how many people are spending money on AC Scratches.

Aeris
Nov 7, 2013, 06:18 PM

At least post the info where you get this from.

Omega-z
Nov 7, 2013, 07:03 PM
I think XQ LV. 2 Stones instead of money (Tickets just suck), Excubes instead of Grinders. Have Grinders exchanged for Badges, Photon Spheres for Recycle Passes and Have Excubes exchangeable with all type's of Stones with right amount.

strikerhunter
Nov 7, 2013, 07:09 PM
Hmmmmm..............

SH TAs?: Would had been more worthy for the luck of SH DD but now DD is an EQ. The only thing that would drive me to do it is just for DD and clones and rare darker bosses. (No the money is not convincing enough. lol inb4 you see me doing SH TA)

New EQ: I'm surprise no one had talked bout this yet since it's DD.

New PSEs?: LOL WTF? Seriously? (surprise that no one but jozook mentioned this)

Noc Codez
Nov 7, 2013, 07:19 PM
SH Tacos + VH Tacos =
http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z388/justmalea/Emotions/Evilgrin.gif (http://media.photobucket.com/user/justmalea/media/Emotions/Evilgrin.gif.html)

Ezodagrom
Nov 7, 2013, 07:22 PM
Hmmmmm..............

SH TAs?: Would had been more worthy for the luck of SH DD but now DD is an EQ. The only thing that would drive me to do it is just for DD and clones and rare darker bosses. (No the money is not convincing enough. lol inb4 you see me doing SH TA)
Well, the den EQ most likely won't result in clones like the TAs den though, so there will still be incentive to do den in TAs.

KuroKanden
Nov 8, 2013, 12:32 AM
Would say the addition of SH TACOs would cause an uproar in prices again, seeing as people would only do their VH/SH TACOs then afk ...

Aine
Nov 8, 2013, 12:56 AM
At least post the info where you get this from.

From an old Dengeki interview (http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/694/694445/130816pso2dps_20a.pdf).

Kimura - "SH will be added for Time Attack quests as well, of course, but we're currently considering what to do with Klotho's client orders. Even now, a lot of people do both Hard and Very Hard for a total of 10 times per day. When Super Hard gets added, that will be another 5 quests to do per day, and people won't be able to do anything else. We don't want that to happen, so we're planning to tweak the system - for example making it so that you can clear Very Hard orders even on Super Hard."

GradationAir
Nov 8, 2013, 05:06 AM

I'm done with my gear grinding, so all the loss for me... Now, even more time wasted on running TAs (possibly hour? longer? x2 for me, and I don't got that much time...) for probably the same value (even if numbers may be different) now.

Mysterious-G
Nov 8, 2013, 06:47 AM
I'm done with my gear grinding, so all the loss for me... Now, even more time wasted on running TAs (possibly hour? longer? x2 for me, and I don't got that much time...) for probably the same value (even if numbers may be different) now.

I think you should read through the topic again. You missed a vital part of what they are planning to do.

Coatl
Nov 8, 2013, 10:51 AM

As if you'll never have to upgrade your gear again. I got done with my *11 talis a few days back, 4slotted and everything. I give it 4-6 months before it gets outclassed.

for example making it so that you can clear Very Hard orders even on Super Hard."

Well, that's a lot of meseta. That'd mostly benefit people with multiple characters and would hurt those who only play one character. You won't even be able to hold all the COs if you aren't prem.

TaigaUC
Nov 8, 2013, 12:38 PM
I wish we never had to upgrade our gear ever again.
I'd like to see how they'd keep the game interesting under such circumstances.

gigawuts
Nov 8, 2013, 12:44 PM
I wish we never had to upgrade our gear ever again.
I'd like to see how they'd keep the game interesting under such circumstances.

Well if there's only a set number of items in the game, that can't be dripfeed updated, I imagine they'd have to make weapons do a variety of things so you want to collect more than 1 of each type.

But with these droprates that would be insane, so they'd make them more attainable.

Wait a minute-

GradationAir
Nov 8, 2013, 04:45 PM
As if you'll never have to upgrade your gear again. I got done with my *11 talis a few days back, 4slotted and everything. I give it 4-6 months before it gets outclassed.

No, but by the time I need to upgrade again, the market would already have been inflated to a point that my savings doesn't mean anything. And FYI I did also 4slot 100atk on it.
It still doesn't change the fact that I'd be spending more time on TAs for essentially the same value as now in practice(say you get 200k per run when the runtime is 1.5 times longer, that's cool, but now full protects are 800k a piece).

Zyrusticae
Nov 8, 2013, 04:53 PM
I really wish people would just stop buying full protects.

Seriously. It's pathetic. Basic arithmetic would tell you that they're a horrible, horrible, awful value and anyone buying them is just throwing money away to the sellers.

FireswordRus
Nov 8, 2013, 05:06 PM
restream TBA
http://www.twitch.tv/fireswordmrm

Zenobia
Nov 8, 2013, 05:14 PM
>Super Hard TACOs

http://i.imgur.com/7Dja0Eq.gif

I love you Aida I fucking love you welp...time to get back into it again and be a TACO Whore~<3

GradationAir
Nov 8, 2013, 05:22 PM
I really wish people would just stop buying full protects.

Seriously. It's pathetic. Basic arithmetic would tell you that they're a horrible, horrible, awful value and anyone buying them is just throwing money away to the sellers.

Sure, if you're grinding a 10 star. 11 star succeed rate and derank value is absolutely awful andpurchasing +1 75k a piece won't save you much in the end unless you are really lucky.

Zyrusticae
Nov 8, 2013, 05:33 PM
Yeah, I've never had an 11* and probably never will, so I guess that's irrelevant to me.

>Super Hard TACOs

http://i.imgur.com/7Dja0Eq.gif
I want to know the source on this gif. (It looks more like "cumming my brains out" than "so aroused"...)

Touka
Nov 8, 2013, 05:39 PM
It's from Hen Semi and the girl is pretty much a sex addict.

oratank
Nov 11, 2013, 11:25 PM
Broadcast bump

pkemr4
Nov 11, 2013, 11:27 PM
does it start today or tommarrow?

also what time in EST

Ezodagrom
Nov 11, 2013, 11:29 PM
does it start today or tommarrow?
It starts in 7h30 (at the time of this post).

pkemr4
Nov 11, 2013, 11:31 PM
6:00AM...... damn it thats to early for me ;-;

Inazuma
Nov 12, 2013, 01:48 AM
However it ends up working, if people make more meseta from TACOs, the price of things in general will increase too. The end result will be the same situation we have today.

Personally, I don't do TACOs. Instead I sell items from FUN scratch. If people are making more meseta after this change, I will also make more meseta by selling FUN scratch items for higher prices. It all evens out in the end.

Vent
Nov 12, 2013, 05:38 AM
It is far too early to draw any conclusions at this point. They said they will add SH TA, but who said they would even add SH TACOs?

KazukiQZ
Nov 12, 2013, 05:42 AM
^My thought exactly.
Or is TACO a made-up word by the English community, thus what the Japanese players and SEGA had called TAs and only TAs really means Time Attacks that include the Client Orders too?

Also, this looks like a TA to me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_KVVbSYsRw
edit: Ops wrong video, seems I cannot find the Seabed TA video.....Well, just enjoy the vid :p

edit no. 2: Here's the video (Maybe >.>):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAGpzhkH-Ek

Shinamori
Nov 12, 2013, 06:02 AM
TACO is a made-up phrase of Time Attack Client Orders. I believe the Japanese just use "TA" and not TACO.

Arialle
Nov 12, 2013, 06:09 AM
what is the link for the broadcast on twitch tv?? im pretty sure ill get kicked out of niconico halfway as im not premuim

FireswordRus
Nov 12, 2013, 06:47 AM
what is the link for the broadcast on twitch tv?? im pretty sure ill get kicked out of niconico halfway as im not premuim

http://www.twitch.tv/fireswordmrm

oratank
Nov 12, 2013, 07:09 AM
24.00 jst DF raredrop100%

Shinamori
Nov 12, 2013, 07:13 AM
100% DF. Geeez. I gotta be online for that. I am glad I still have 29mins 250% booster on both my characters. :3

jooozek
Nov 12, 2013, 07:15 AM
any other restreams? catbaby has their stream passworded

oratank
Nov 12, 2013, 07:38 AM
another katana,bow pa on december

oratank
Nov 12, 2013, 07:45 AM
sadly they said DF have been defeated and change to new with apprentice eq 18/12

Zeota
Nov 12, 2013, 07:47 AM
Hahahahahahaha Santa Umbra. Also what looks like a new 12-man quest.

jooozek
Nov 12, 2013, 07:49 AM
sadly they said DF have been defeated and change to new with apprentice eq 18/12

apprentice eq? you mean that new "tower defense" like thingy? no more chance for a psycho wand? wouldn't expect less from the lunatics at sega

Arialle
Nov 12, 2013, 07:51 AM
i need a pic of when apprentice was doing that sexy pose with arms crossed in the air to transform

its frigging sexy that it could kill

oratank
Nov 12, 2013, 07:55 AM
apprentice eq? you mean that new "tower defense" like thingy? no more chance for a psycho wand? wouldn't expect less from the lunatics at sega

maybe it gonna like 2 eq option on DF eq ,i guess

Niagara
Nov 12, 2013, 08:00 AM
Wait. Boosted DF at 24:00 JST ? But there was that Vol Dragon Interrupt at about 23:00 JST.

How the hell is that supposed to work ? o_o

oratank
Nov 12, 2013, 08:01 AM
vol IR finished already at 19.00 jst

Ezodagrom
Nov 12, 2013, 08:04 AM
Yay, missed half of the broadcast...

Anyway, someone already uploaded 2 trailers that were shown during the broadcast on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG-CED6hF1k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWI18FJE7y8

Gardios
Nov 12, 2013, 08:13 AM
EKUSUUU

KARIBAAAAA

oratank
Nov 12, 2013, 08:14 AM
lol voice comand

Arialle
Nov 12, 2013, 08:15 AM
OMG APPRENTICE
UR SO SEXY AND EVIL
IM IN LOVE

[Spoiler-box]http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/6421/5yae.png[/Spoiler-box]

Shinamori
Nov 12, 2013, 08:18 AM
vol IR finished already at 19.00 jst

There is one at 9am.

Ezodagrom
Nov 12, 2013, 08:20 AM
There is one at 9am.
The schedule for the 2nd vol dragon IR was changed to be earlier.

gigawuts
Nov 12, 2013, 08:20 AM
A NiGHTS furniture item on the christmas bingo card. Neat.

That above ground mines area needs to be implemented in the actual free field as something you periodically encounter. Stuff like that mixes it up, makes it somewhat more interesting.

edit: Finally, a proper dash PA for katanas and a kanran-like PA that doesn't knock enemies down.

Houten
Nov 12, 2013, 08:23 AM
Would that be apprentices Falz form or her "Hunar" form?

Shinamori
Nov 12, 2013, 08:25 AM
The schedule for the 2nd vol dragon IR was changed to be earlier.

Fuck, I missed it.... So, Dark Falz is no more after the 18th?

oratank
Nov 12, 2013, 08:28 AM
wow hezei time attack

Arialle
Nov 12, 2013, 08:32 AM
they cant deal with SH Argani i see

gigawuts
Nov 12, 2013, 08:34 AM
They can't deal with anything, they're trying to make SH look difficult by dying repeatedly (which is their usual way of conveying difficulty - "oooooh so hard see i die in one hit!")

Reiketsu
Nov 12, 2013, 08:34 AM
That reindeer costume's magnificence can't be described with mere words.
Can't wait to see a fat one running through the lobby.

Christmas Umbra is fricking creepy though.

Gardios
Nov 12, 2013, 08:37 AM
Umbra always looks creepy imo.

Terrence
Nov 12, 2013, 08:37 AM
Both Excaliburs (weapon camos) from Fate/Stay Night look really great. Too bad the new outfits seem to replace character's hairs once again... Fucking stupid.

Arialle
Nov 12, 2013, 08:40 AM
lol theres no end boss in new DD?

Dnd
Nov 12, 2013, 08:57 AM

I'm pretty sure they will throw all DF's drops into apprentices table + a couple of other shinys (like double cannon, cus we need an 11/12* double saber to start dropping to troll all the boxed double sabers from elder we get)

Noc Codez
Nov 12, 2013, 09:02 AM
Preview of Dec Scratch.. ^^

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p321/NOCCODEZ/pso2xmas_zpsb190a93a.jpg (http://s344.photobucket.com/user/NOCCODEZ/media/pso2xmas_zpsb190a93a.jpg.html)[/SPOILER-BOX]

Gardios
Nov 12, 2013, 09:02 AM
Quna figure looks low quality... :(

Aine
Nov 12, 2013, 09:03 AM
There are no SH TACOs, by the way. The VH ones will be changed to 'VH or higher', but the reward is the same.

Shinamori
Nov 12, 2013, 09:04 AM
So, that means we still only get 500k? Or we can do VH then SH?

Aine
Nov 12, 2013, 09:09 AM
You can only get 500k. SH is only there for the challenge and chance to get SH rares.

Shinamori
Nov 12, 2013, 09:10 AM
That's bull.

Dnd
DO want
[SPOILER-BOX]http://imageshack.us/a/img10/8155/6wwf.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Gardios
Wait, what was that about the ラブフェニックス weapons? I didn't really listen... <_<

Zeota
Nov 12, 2013, 09:14 AM
Keyword is にじゅうろくたろう

oratank
Nov 12, 2013, 09:14 AM
にじゅうろくたろう keyword

Dnd
Nov 12, 2013, 09:17 AM
Meanwhile, cake
[SPOILER-BOX]http://imageshack.us/a/img33/8636/9c03.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Reiketsu
Nov 12, 2013, 09:17 AM
There are no SH TACOs, by the way. The VH ones will be changed to 'VH or higher', but the reward is the same.

Kinda figured as much. There's no way they'd give us more Meseta for free.

Shinamori
Nov 12, 2013, 09:18 AM
If that is Apprentice's form in the new EQ on 12/18, then I'm disappointed.

gigawuts
Nov 12, 2013, 09:21 AM

Thank god. Failing excube or XQ ticket rewards, this was what I hoped they'd do.

Really, they should let us do that for all TACOs, but only allow us to clear the highest one instead of all selected ones. It'd take 3 runs to clear all TACOs, even if you have all of them selected. I'd actually do hard TACOs if I could do them in VH or SH, because the experience and item drops are a fairly large part of why I do them in the first place. At the very least I'd do Nab II and Sanctum hard TACOs if I could do them in VH or SH.

Aine
Nov 12, 2013, 09:25 AM
If that is Apprentice's form in the new EQ on 12/18, then I'm disappointed.

Looks like she's just summoning it.

Arialle
Nov 12, 2013, 09:26 AM
oh lord the new opening is sex

the best part was seeing the lilipa getting roflstomped

Shinamori
Nov 12, 2013, 09:27 AM
Looks like she's just summoning it.

Yea, after seeing the OP, looks like she summoned it.

oratank
Nov 12, 2013, 09:28 AM
poor lilipa

TaigaUC
Nov 12, 2013, 09:30 AM
I'm Kimura.

It sounded like Kimura was about to say something about item customization and got distracted, then completely forgot. Blargh.

Too bad the new outfits seem to replace character's hairs once again... Fucking stupid.

There was a part that looked like Ichitarou had Saber's hair/head but the default Braver costume, so it's probably not going to be like the Madoka stuff.

Ezodagrom
Nov 12, 2013, 09:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbOFVnh4ORo

oratank
Nov 12, 2013, 09:37 AM
opening 3 horde of dakan ?
how about some cluster bullet

HIT0SHI
Nov 12, 2013, 10:09 AM
Well aside from the new areas/missions we have...
Let's see:

1) Seasonal Winter Rappy Suit
2) Reindeer Suit
3) Mustache
4) Gas Masks
5) Night Vision Goggles
6) Nights Statue

Looking forward to this, though I'm gonna skip on the Valentine Rappy Suits.
Also can't wait to mix a Night Vision Goggle with the small Gas Mask, hopefully it won't clash horribly.

Emp
Nov 12, 2013, 10:13 AM
Preview of Dec Scratch.. ^^

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p321/NOCCODEZ/pso2xmas_zpsb190a93a.jpg (http://s344.photobucket.com/user/NOCCODEZ/media/pso2xmas_zpsb190a93a.jpg.html)[/SPOILER-BOX]

FINALLY SEGA!!
It took you this long to make something worth buying?

I want the two outfits in the middle, the ones following the santa stuff.

TaigaUC
Nov 12, 2013, 10:42 AM
I sure hope "item customization" isn't some weird system to combine multiple weapon camos into a single equippable item instead of allowing us to equip multiple camos at once.

Gardios
Nov 12, 2013, 10:56 AM
You can buy accessories that you can attach to your weapon.

Only one weapon type at a time, though. :wacko:

Reiketsu
Nov 12, 2013, 11:01 AM
?PSO2?PSO2 ?????????? - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbOFVnh4ORo)

This kinda reminds me of the battle on Geonosis in Attack of the Clones...

Kietsu
Nov 12, 2013, 11:06 AM
It is a shame I always have to watch these things muted because of the squealing women that insist on reminding us how backward Japanese culture is.

On a more positive note, those Braver PAs. Want.

The Walrus
Nov 12, 2013, 11:13 AM
inb4onlyfromsuperhardonlyrareenemieswitha1/10000000000chanceofspawning

God I hope they're good.

Kietsu
Nov 12, 2013, 11:19 AM
On the plus side, rare disks actually have an insane drop rate, once you actually find the mob that drops them.

The Katana PA with the AoE stun will be awesome if it doesn't knock down.

Edit: And the giant beetle thing really is Apprentice. Sweet.

The Walrus
Nov 12, 2013, 11:20 AM
Is there a video of them yet?

Terrence
Nov 12, 2013, 11:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbOFVnh4ORo
I really like the new intro, the 'Phantasy Star Crew' moment in particular (1'31). Everything is perfect : Music, point of view, characters preparing for battle, ... EPIC !

Kietsu
Nov 12, 2013, 11:22 AM
Yeah, right about 1 minute in.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWI18FJE7y8&t=1m

The Walrus
Nov 12, 2013, 11:27 AM
Thanks.

Yeah that AoE looks pretty decent, not sure what to think of that multi-slash thing though. Guess I'll just wait till we get it to see if the damage is decent.

That second bow PA though...as much as I hate this meme...ME GUSTA!

EDIT: AND OH MY GOD I SEE A MUSTACHE IN THERE

gigawuts
Nov 12, 2013, 11:30 AM
You can buy accessories that you can attach to your weapon.

Only one weapon type at a time, though. :wacko:

I can totally see this happening. The item customization system is just weapon camos with bonuses.

I would laugh so hard.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Nov 12, 2013, 11:35 AM
What was that bow pa...? I saw no numbers. Just a dead a rockbear O.o.

MiraculousNova
Nov 12, 2013, 11:41 AM
Think a small number popped up (like 700? Might just be an ally's attack though. Not too sure.)
Kinda looks like a penetrating Master Shot though.
Downside is that you're helpless whilst charging up the PA, probably.
The explosive PA looks good for sniping parts, I guess?

Also, those katana PAs look awesome.
Did the kanran-lookalike just do 3 damage on a whiff though? O.O

cheapgunner
Nov 12, 2013, 11:41 AM
Probably BHS's and Penetrating Arrow's lovechild rolled into one.

Kietsu
Nov 12, 2013, 11:47 AM
Think a small number popped up (like 700? Might just be an ally's attack though. Not too sure.)
Kinda looks like a penetrating Master Shot though.
Downside is that you're helpless whilst charging up the PA, probably.
The explosive PA looks good for sniping parts, I guess?

Also, those katana PAs look awesome.
Did the kanran-lookalike just do 3 damage on a whiff though? O.O

Our friendly ol' Bumped blog says the 2nd Bow PA is called Final Nemesis, which is just about the coolest name you could give a PA. As for 'small number', going by all the other PAs, they were showing the damage with pretty low-end gear. I'm expecting something like penetrating arrow, but with master shot damage.

And it looks like the first hit of the Kanran thing is only for the stun, and does garbage damage.

Laxedrane
Nov 12, 2013, 11:49 AM
Love the new winter outfits sleek, simple, perfect. Exactly what this game needed. The christmas themed Umbra has made my year! I was really hoping for holiday themed enemies and this is a step in the right direction!

Railkune
Nov 12, 2013, 11:58 AM

That was absolutely perfect.

Shinamori
Nov 12, 2013, 11:59 AM

So, wait. No more Dark Falz. They actually said that?

Ezodagrom
Nov 12, 2013, 12:02 PM
What was that bow pa...? I saw no numbers. Just a dead a rockbear O.o.
Pausing the video, there are numbers, but they blurred the numbers for some reason...

SakoHaruo
Nov 12, 2013, 12:12 PM
no SH COs for SH TAs huh? I guess nothing will change.

eww @ those Katana PAs

Shinamori
Nov 12, 2013, 12:14 PM
Yea, I won't be doing any SH TAs. If there's no reward (other than EXP) for the added difficulty of SH TAs, then I'm out.

Zenobia
Nov 12, 2013, 12:15 PM
So guys who is all mad that they wasted money on the Docomo Rappy suit just to get punched in the nuts by the red Santa Rappy suit anyone?

Also im loving that stun Katana PA. More utility and its welcomed inside my pa list.

Coatl
Nov 12, 2013, 12:25 PM

Lol, the RAcast is always so useless in every animation. You see every other Arks killing one Dagan, then you see the RAcast just spraying bulllets probably missing every shot. :I

Kietsu
Nov 12, 2013, 12:28 PM
Lol, the RAcast is always so useless in every animation. You see every other Arks killing one Dagan, then you see the RAcast just spraying bulllets probably missing every shot. :I

One Point is hard to use, yo.

Gunslash lady was probably more useful, and she only used basic range-mode attacks. (Or the slowest Add Bullet of all time.)

SakoHaruo
Nov 12, 2013, 12:34 PM
Yea, I won't be doing any SH TAs. If there's no reward (other than EXP) for the added difficulty of SH TAs, then I'm out.

better rare drops and it'll test your build and gear 8-)

gigawuts
Nov 12, 2013, 12:39 PM
So guys who is all mad that they wasted money on the Docomo Rappy suit just to get punched in the nuts by the red Santa Rappy suit anyone?

Also im loving that stun Katana PA. More utility and its welcomed inside my pa list.

It doesn't have a nametag, and I'm just going to have both anyway so I don't see the problem.

Coatl
Nov 12, 2013, 12:45 PM

Will the N and H Tacos be changed to N or H or higher?

Emp
Nov 12, 2013, 12:51 PM

wait there is no COs for SH TAs? I want more more moneyz DX

gigawuts
Nov 12, 2013, 12:59 PM
What I gathered from all of this is that there will soon be a pantyhose body paint set. After a year of nothing but (mediocre to ugly) knee and thigh-high leg wear, skirt/dress outfits can finally be worn proper.

Postscript: Need a Light Rain Technic, or amplify the size/range of Ragrants' laser to match K-Imera. The Bow has PA's that have a more "Light" appealing look than the actual Light Technics themselves.

I've been waiting on undergarments being separated from tattoos, or at least a second body paint option, for a while. I'm really surprised it's taken this long. It's not like it's impossible - facepaint works pretty much the exact same way from a technical standpoint afaict.

Kilich
Nov 12, 2013, 01:07 PM
I'm glad to see variety in legwear. Now I just wish there were more bodysuits. As good as Zelsius is, I've been using it since its release.

Zenobia
Nov 12, 2013, 01:35 PM
It doesn't have a nametag, and I'm just going to have both anyway so I don't see the problem.

But it it doesn't have the santa fit doe.

Bozhestvo
Nov 12, 2013, 01:46 PM
Some of the new christmas stuff looks nice. Not bad SEGA. New PA's look cool, but it looks like they have a very heavy focus on Br right now. Wondering if they'll create some new cool PA's for some other classes (Something new to keep interest). Also does anyone have any info on the camos/camo ideas (whatever they are they look awesome) In the link? http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-live-broadcast-14-recap/

Blundy
Nov 12, 2013, 03:10 PM
are K&B (archer's swords, the dagger cammos) being wielded right side up?

for the split second where they return it looks like it.

Kietsu
Nov 12, 2013, 03:17 PM
Some of the new christmas stuff looks nice. Not bad SEGA. New PA's look cool, but it looks like they have a very heavy focus on Br right now. Wondering if they'll create some new cool PA's for some other classes (Something new to keep interest). Also does anyone have any info on the camos/camo ideas (whatever they are they look awesome) In the link? http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-live-broadcast-14-recap/

To be fair, Braver weapons have only had 6 PAs up until this update, whereas other weapons have 9. I guess Sega is making a priority of giving them the same 'variety' everyone else gets.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Nov 12, 2013, 03:35 PM
Pausing the video, there are numbers, but they blurred the numbers for some reason...

I saw the blurred numbers after looking again. thanks to 360p it blends in pretty well -_-

pkemr4
Nov 12, 2013, 04:05 PM
so if have CO's for N and H and VH. will they all be completed when i finsh VH TA's?

Aeris
Nov 12, 2013, 04:18 PM
so if have CO's for N and H and VH. will they all be completed when i finsh VH TA's?

SH applies to VH so it doesn't apply to N or H from what i am hearing.

Cyron Tanryoku
Nov 12, 2013, 04:25 PM
SH TAs are pretty much pointless to do?

Is this confirmed or are we just suggesting things

Celille
Nov 12, 2013, 04:39 PM
Will SH tacos give access to SH Darker's Den?

Emp
Nov 12, 2013, 04:40 PM
SH TAs are pretty much pointless to do?

Is this confirmed or are we just suggesting things

I guess they are pointless but my gut is telling me that jp will just start doin sh only now. Blame it all on new drops.

Misaki Ki
Nov 12, 2013, 04:43 PM
Client Orders too, can edge out a bit more exp from them.

Zyrusticae
Nov 12, 2013, 05:16 PM
http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Sigmund.png

WAAAAAAAAAAAANT

For the first time in ages, I finally see a partisan I want to replace my Brionac with...!

UnLucky
Nov 12, 2013, 06:01 PM
Kinda sad that Illya's weapon camo is a wand. Rods only have the zodiac one for exclusive skins.

And now with Talis Bonus, wands are even more fucking worthless than before.

Macman
Nov 12, 2013, 06:35 PM
For the first time in ages, I finally see a partisan I want to replace my Brionac with...!
Except it's an Arks Grand Prix prize for the Vita version.
One will be for sale for 80 billion meseta. :wacko:

EDIT:
http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Chain-Wire.png

Sega you goddamn tease, where's the actual Chainsawd?

HIT0SHI
Nov 12, 2013, 06:48 PM
Sega you goddamn tease, where's the actual Chainsawd?

^ This

Though I wont be able to use it, I wanna see others use this magnificent sword.

Macman
Nov 12, 2013, 07:11 PM
So is Elder leaving or not? Is Sega really giving a big middle finger to anyone without one of his worthwhile drops forever? I'd completely believe it.

The Walrus
Nov 12, 2013, 07:24 PM
inb4thedayhegoesawaydropratesgetboostedby20xforhim sowecanhaveonelastchance

UnLucky
Nov 12, 2013, 07:39 PM
Not nearly enough.

gigawuts
Nov 12, 2013, 07:52 PM
Maybe if boosters multiplied instead of added...

20*3.5*2*1.07

~150x droprate boost

yeah nevermind still not nearly enough

NoiseHERO
Nov 12, 2013, 07:53 PM
Yeah, right about 1 minute in. 【PSO2】創るものと護るもの (12月18日アップデート予定) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWI18FJE7y8&t=1m)

That looks like Rock, wearing the trap outfit...

Enforcer MKV
Nov 12, 2013, 09:53 PM

Oooooh, sweat buttery Christ that was sexy. Especially the RACast.

[Suck it, haters. 8D]

Also; oooooh, a rebreather/dual tank gasmask. So I'll be able to replace that god awful samurai mouthpiece with a piece of military tech. Gib now, Sega. <3

HIT0SHI
Nov 12, 2013, 09:59 PM

[Suck it, haters. 8D]

Also; oooooh, a rebreather/dual tank gasmask. So I'll be able to replace that god awful samurai mouthpiece with a piece of military tech. Gib now, Sega. <3

DUDE, combine it with the night vision goggles and the small gas mask! <3

Enforcer MKV
Nov 12, 2013, 10:00 PM
DUDE, combine it with the night vision goggles and the small gas mask! <3

I'm considering it, Violet's combat outfit was due for an update, anyway. *Looks at the samurai mouthpiece* *cringes*

Also: Because it's not clear in the video; Excalibur Katana Camo! WOOOOOOOO, getting~!

Edit #2: Hrm...bumped listed a Katana skin for Excalibur, but I don't see it in the datamine. Bleeeeeh, hope bumped is right. x,x

Edit #3: Just re-checked; Katana confirmed. 8D

TaigaUC
Nov 13, 2013, 01:26 AM

I liked how the JP comments to that video were things like, "another fake action video", "katana isn't that strong" and "what game is this?"

The RACast immediately reminded me of how players could do that sliding shooting in the internal PSO2 beta.

Dnd
Nov 13, 2013, 01:04 PM
Maybe if boosters multiplied instead of added...

20*3.5*2*1.07

~150x droprate boost

yeah nevermind still not nearly enough

incorrect, i for one would enjoy 7 adamans

Zyrusticae
Nov 13, 2013, 02:25 PM
I liked how the JP comments to that video were things like, "another fake action video", "katana isn't that strong" and "what game is this?"

The RACast immediately reminded me of how players could do that sliding shooting in the internal PSO2 beta.
The second benchmark program was a particularly big slap to the face.

So many cool things in that video, rendered in-engine... but nope! You only (maybe) get to do ONE of those things. Everything else is a pipe dream.

Damn cockteases.

The Walrus
Nov 13, 2013, 02:29 PM
What happened in that one?

Zyrusticae
Nov 13, 2013, 02:41 PM
See:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfo4_sjZKfU

1. Diving in and landing like in the intro
2. Illusion Rave knocking back with every attack (lolwut)
3. Mirage Escaping backwards and UPWARDS
4. Making an incredibly huge, massive leap across an entire room
5. SPRINTING

I want the game depicted in this video.

Cyron Tanryoku
Nov 13, 2013, 02:42 PM
Ugly ass animation that I'm glad we can't do because it's ugly
Also game breaking stuff that'd be a terrible idea to add. Why did they showcase it like that.

I want the game depicted in this video.
.....Saints Row 4

The Walrus
Nov 13, 2013, 02:49 PM
They could at least add the diving and sprinting.

But alas Sega doesn't care.

Zyrusticae
Nov 13, 2013, 02:53 PM
Pssst, I already play Saints Row 4.

Oh right, and they showed a fodransa getting knocked off the edge of the floating continent.

And a wounded animation for a character at low health.

TaigaUC
Nov 13, 2013, 05:08 PM
Yeah. Look up JP comments of the second benchmark cutscenes for a good laugh.
They feel just as deceived as we do.

Ichitarou (from the live broadcast) is great. When they announced the Falz event and went on about the boosts as if they meant something, he kept saying "nothing's going to drop anyway".
It's pretty obvious that he actually plays the game.
He's also hilarious in general and has great ideas, like the lying dead twitching lobby action suggestion.

Ugly ass animation that I'm glad we can't do because it's ugly
Also game breaking stuff that'd be a terrible idea to add. Why did they showcase it like that.

.....Saints Row 4

I don't see how those cutscenes are relevant to Saints Row 4 in the context of PSO2.
Why, because you can jump and sprint?

You can't say elements in a cutscene are "game breaking" when they aren't in the context of a game.
Perhaps you're only imagining those elements in the context of PSO2 as it currently is, without making any changes to the game as a whole.
That's probably the same small-scale restricted mindset SEGA has: "We can't add or fix this or that, because PSO2 is PSO". Just no.
If you properly design a game around specific elements, you can make sure it doesn't "break".

And it's not a matter of ugly animation but how the cutscenes fail to accurately represent actual gameplay to the point of being misleading and frustrating.
Cutscenes shouldn't make players feel "I wish this was how the game was".
It's worse when they aren't even difficult things to implement and design the game around, like being able to MOVE QUICKLY OVER LONG DISTANCES.

The fact that Japanese players are just as disillusioned as us shows it's not just "stupid foreigners whining" or anything equally dismissive.
Start recording how much of your PSO2 time is spent relying on luck with random number generation, progression systems, navigating clunky interfaces, and travelling from point A to B.
You'll see there is barely any game otherwise, and the elements of the cutscenes that are absent from the game are relevant to some of those issues.

To complain about these things is completely reasonable and valid. Constructive criticism is important and necessary.
There is no improvement without acknowledging and addressing negatives.
None of the things we have around us today would exist had our predecessors always deluded themselves into believing that everything is just fine as-is.

Anyway, I am heavily sleep-deprived (again), so if I've said too much, then I apologize.

RadiantLegend
Nov 13, 2013, 06:28 PM
I'd take if just only the landing animation.

Shinamori
Nov 15, 2013, 09:11 AM
better rare drops and it'll test your build and gear 8-)

Yea, you can get the same drops from framing SH maps.

SakoHaruo
Nov 15, 2013, 09:33 AM
but now you can get paid for it....... :-o

gigawuts
Nov 15, 2013, 09:35 AM
I'll take SH sanctum, nab II, and amd pls. Forced spawns for quartz, vol, katas, gwaners, banbans, ragne, and predicadas - all SH level? No roaming or farming? Yes please.

Shinamori
Nov 15, 2013, 03:04 PM
but now you can get paid for it....... :-o

Yes, the same amount of doing Vh for no extra meseta. I'd rather have meseta than a chance at rares since the rng gods doesn't favor me.

Renvalt
Nov 15, 2013, 07:37 PM
So a few things I've noticed about that new Opening:

-Apprentice only summoned Dark Bibras, she never actually transformed. The pink shield around her never went away, and it looked for a bit during the Dewman/Bibras clash that she was still there (never got to see who she got paired up with though).
-Every character seems to be wielding some kind of Vita grade weapon or an alteration of a common rare with the Vita photons (aka red blades).

[SPOILER-BOX]HUMar - Vita Calibur
HUNewearl - Vita-style variant of the Raizenolk spear series.
RACast - Vita-style variant of the Tigredor AR series.
FONewearl - Unique variant of Cless Digger/Garland series (impossible to tell without effects being removed & a better camera shot)
HUMarl - Vita Twin Blade
RANewm - Vita-style variant of Radiegle series
FONewm - Vita Diffuse
HUCast - Vita Double Gladius
RANewearl - Vita-style variant of Jareid series
RACaseal - Vita Pisastian
BRDewearl - Vita Arkray
BRDewm - Vita Esrain[/SPOILER-BOX]

The Vita style versions carried by the HUNewearl RACast, FONewearl, RANewm, and RANewearl intrigue me because those weapons aren't in game, whereas everyone else's weapons in that trailer are. Possible new rares, SEGA?

-Everyone thinks the Lilipan shown to be getting stomped by that new Darker went and died, but if you look carefully, you can see a slice of red in that cloud of dust, heavily implying that the HUmar saved the poor Lilipan from almost certain doom just in the nick of time. Of course, that may have been what pissed off Apprentice enough to warrant her bringing out her ace.

gigawuts
Nov 15, 2013, 07:55 PM
oh my god ha ha ha is it actually called dark bibras?

The Walrus
Nov 15, 2013, 08:02 PM
ダーク・ビブラス

Google translate comes up with Dark Biburasu so yeah I guess it's close enough

Emp
Nov 15, 2013, 08:03 PM
oh my god ha ha ha is it actually called dark bibras?

Im afraid I do not understand the joke behind its name.

pkemr4
Nov 15, 2013, 08:56 PM
I'll take SH sanctum, nab II, and amd pls. Forced spawns for quartz, vol, katas, gwaners, banbans, ragne, and predicadas - all SH level? No roaming or farming? Yes please.

dont forget the expensive JA Launcher that drops from snow bros