PDA

View Full Version : Next grind/affix boost campaign?

dr apocalipsis
Nov 6, 2013, 04:19 PM
I'm afraid of Dodo, A LOT. So I'm waiting for the next +10% affix boost date to finish my units and weps. Im sick of failing 3x100% + 70/80/90% attemps.

I'm trying to find when was the first campaign past year looking at Bumped, with no luck.

Any idea?

Greetings.

GreenArcher
Nov 6, 2013, 04:48 PM
There are currently none scheduled. Your guess is as good as mine.

Sp-24
Nov 6, 2013, 06:10 PM
My guess is that they'll run another such campaign right before they add that new weapon customization system in January (or whenever is it), which, for all we know, may just be a +15 grind cap.

GradationAir
Nov 6, 2013, 07:29 PM
My guess is that they'll run another such campaign right before they add that new weapon customization system in January (or whenever is it), which, for all we know, may just be a +15 grind cap.

15 grind?? wouldn't that mean you'd have to +15 to unlock?

Something more realistic than that would be lv5 potential, maybe.

Sp-24
Nov 6, 2013, 07:57 PM
15 grind?? wouldn't that mean you'd have to +15 to unlock?

Something more realistic than that would be lv5 potential, maybe.
Haven't both been confirmed (or at least hinted at) already? Not that they are coming this January, just that they are inevitable?

jooozek
Nov 6, 2013, 08:24 PM
+15 was leaked by sega itself (retards put out weapons with +15 in their vids, later they censored the grinds)

Emp
Nov 6, 2013, 08:30 PM
As been said before, this game is not meant for poor people...

[SPOILER-BOX]can u comprehend how much its gonna be cost to +15? Geez ur gonna have to buy full protects left and right at 300-400 a piece x.x[/SPOILER-BOX]

kisamehosh/C
Nov 6, 2013, 09:08 PM
As been said before, this game is not meant for poor people...

[SPOILER-BOX]can u comprehend how much its gonna be cost to +15? Geez ur gonna have to buy full protects left and right at 300-400 a piece x.x[/SPOILER-BOX]

they will def be over a mil by that time xD i dont see the 300-400k holding if we get an increase

Emp
Nov 6, 2013, 09:12 PM
they will def be over a mil bmy that time xD i dont see the 300-400k holding if we get an increase

You're crazy. Thats triple the price right now. I only said 300-400k cause prior to the SH difficulty, iirc, they were 200k each.

pkemr4
Nov 6, 2013, 09:13 PM
i can somehow imagine 14-15 will break your weapon. because you know $ega and RNG.

Emp
Nov 6, 2013, 09:14 PM
i can somehow imagine 14-15 will break your weapon. because you know $ega and RNG.

Oh good lord. Please dont break my yas, Sega. X.x

Macman
Nov 6, 2013, 11:42 PM
Your weapon's broken and only has 1 ATK!
You can fix it for a mere 100 AC, and it will revert back to +0.
Would you like to purchase?

[ yes ] [ no ]

UnLucky
Nov 6, 2013, 11:43 PM
Wow, 100 AC is pretty generous. In fact, that's the cheapest cash item, beating out even Scape Dolls!

Emp
Nov 6, 2013, 11:51 PM
Your weapon's broken and only has 1 ATK!
You can fix it for a mere 100 AC, and it will revert back to +0.
Would you like to purchase?

[ yes ] [ no ]

No. *ragequit*

Mugaaz2
Nov 6, 2013, 11:59 PM
Why do so many companies that have no real relation to each other use the weapon upgrade system based on pure rng, losing levels, breaking items, cash shop insurance items, etc?

I really don't know ANYBODY from any of those games who enjoyed the system or thought it was anything other than awful. It reminds me how a lot of companies still copy original D&D game systems decades later, when its never been enjoyed by any living being.

I understand the game needs meseta sinks as well as consumable cash shop items. I just don't understand why they have to choose the most awful way. Even when people get extremely lucky with grinds, they don't feel happy. All they feel is relief. Thats the epitome of a horrible system.

The Walrus
Nov 7, 2013, 12:03 AM
Because people keep fucking putting up with it

UnLucky
Nov 7, 2013, 12:04 AM
Because it's an easy way to have a majority of players see a clear benefit to paying real cash, or indirectly supporting the introduction of cash items.

It's proven to make bank, so why invent something that might not?

MetalDude
Nov 7, 2013, 12:43 AM
It's a psychological thing, mostly. Provide enough upfront appeal to make people more okay with brushing off the bad aspects and make sure there's a big hook that players will come back to. You'll notice that when a new player comes here and gets comfortable with the game that their opinion tends to turn sour after a while. The game's got a fairly strong hook for anyone coming from PSO off the bat and it'll take a while before you even bother grinding/affixing or even finding 10* weapons for that matter to learn about how messed up the whole thing is.

And then there's the whole fashion aspect that have a chunk of people dumping unbelievable amounts of AC into the system. Until the game stops sustaining a modest amount of activity (which will honestly be rather soon at this rate; actual activity in terms of parties and games seems incredibly low compared to what there used to be), they're going to continue dripfeeding and releasing content that effectively adds very little to the game (ie. new areas which is a real travesty).

For me, I'm neutral to the whole thing now. I don't buy AC (I only have what I last added a few months ago), I tend to avoid grinding/affixing as much as possible, and I tend to only play when people are on or to do the same run of COs as usual to slowly level classes up.

ArcaneTechs
Nov 7, 2013, 01:00 AM
Man, if you thought Dudu was rich already and Monica was just pretending to be clumsy....

Exiled_Gundam
Nov 7, 2013, 06:08 AM
I'm afraid of Dodo, A LOT. So I'm waiting for the next +10% affix boost date to finish my units and weps. Im sick of failing 3x100% + 70/80/90% attemps.

I'm trying to find when was the first campaign past year looking at Bumped, with no luck.

Any idea?

Greetings.
Hmm the only time they have the 10% affix boost was during the 1st Anniversary celebration back in August IINM, and they made people clear up bingos to a certain point first before it was unlocked. So, maybe next year's anniversary? :P

Aine
Nov 7, 2013, 08:47 AM
It's been confirmed that the item customize system is not +15 grinds.

Emp
Nov 7, 2013, 10:17 AM

WOOT!!

But we can safely assume that +15 will happen someday. If not, then the developers use +15 cause they suck THAT MUCH.

pkemr4
Nov 7, 2013, 10:25 AM

where did you hear this?

Dnd
Nov 7, 2013, 10:30 AM
When sega derped and revealed the +15 way back then, it was roughly a 1-2% power boost per grind between +11 -> +15

I wouldn't expect any boost to grinding or affixing for 2-3 months at least, considering SH came out quite recently and all, just gotta risk those 70/80/90's and pray it works :/

Aine
Nov 7, 2013, 12:06 PM
where did you hear this?

http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2013/08/130805a.html

The official line is that the +15 in the video was just a test they accidentally left in, the item customize system is something different, and there are currently no plans to introduce +15 grinding.

P51mus
Nov 7, 2013, 12:36 PM
Stuff does get cut in game development. Hopefully they realized it's a bad idea.

dr apocalipsis
Nov 7, 2013, 03:25 PM
Its a bad idea for current weps grinding system. but I would love +15 on units.

That way my 11* set would take off over 10* sets :P

Emp
Nov 7, 2013, 04:08 PM
Its a bad idea for current weps grinding system. but I would love +15 on units.

That way my 11* set would take off over 10* sets :P

Are u implying ur 11* set would be stronger than 10* sets? They are already somewhat stronger already, especially in boss rooms. If we ever get +15, it will only be a very minimal power increase.

dr apocalipsis
Nov 7, 2013, 05:16 PM
I was talking about units. Def wise, there are better options out there. Without Stamina affixes, my Fo gets 2 hitted too often.

Emp
Nov 7, 2013, 08:20 PM
I was talking about units. Def wise, there are better options out there. Without Stamina affixes, my Fo gets 2 hitted too often.

Idc what units ur using. U still are goin to get two or three shotted in sh, unless u meelee this game. The current difference in sdef between the NEWEST sdef units and the exq units is not much. No one is perfect in the game, not even me. This post is so hypocritical of me, but my point is u need to improve on ur awareness and dodging if your getting two shotted.

Saffran
Nov 8, 2013, 07:20 AM
Come on, Emp, I'm sure you're getting one-shot yourself. You just happen to dodge everything, most of the time.
About the units defenses, the new Sets outclass the EX units by a mile. Not that the EX units were that good to begin with. (even with the powerup they got 3 weeks ago).

And about the next grind campain, I don't know either, but it better be better than 5% like last time.

UnLucky
Nov 8, 2013, 07:30 AM
Units all get the same grind bonuses no matter what rank they are, so higher base 10*s would still be higher at +15 than 11*s.

It would mostly be for the 90 Atk on the set bonus, I guess... So much better than Elder at least.

Coatl
Nov 8, 2013, 10:57 AM
You're going to get two-shotted as a force no matter what. You should consider yourself tanky at that point, as a lot of things in SH can easily one-shot you as a force as well. Like Emp said, you have to pay attention to your surroundings and keep the enemies locked down with mob control.

The best mob control is to kill them before they can do anything btw.