PDA

View Full Version : Info on overseas versions of PSO2? Translation needed

HandOfThornz
Nov 8, 2013, 06:56 PM
Looks like there is some news regarding western and Korean/Chinese version of PSO2.
If I have read it right, it looks like Sonic Team are delaying PSO2 west due to focus on the Asian server first. The delay looks to be related to customizing the game to suit the game region it is released in?

For those that can translate Japanese, please could you make the info a little clearer on the following 2 latest news pages over at g-heaven's site? :)

http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2013/11/131108a.html

http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2012/12/121205a.html

Google translate of one of the posts:
"Celebration that boasts the largest consisting of "G-Star 2012" was held recently as a game event in Korea. Appropriate to Korea serving as Mecca of online games, online game revelry center. As soon as the events of this place, serving as a pronoun of the online game "Phantasy Star Online 2 (PSO2)" is exhibited, and that had attracted attention from publishers such as games and local media.

Sakai Satoshi producer that was carrying a foot in this event, the Korean media interview. In addition to that greet the spring around service in 2013 of the "Western" version, in service that has been studied prospectively while undecided what time such as "Korea version", the development status of the overseas edition is highlighted.

By "that success abroad is difficult to be involved in the specification and abiding Japan" and, as we have to tell often said, that the culture rise suitable for the conditions of a country each is subjected to deterministic and impression. Where the overseas edition of the series title that has been released so far, and look back to the matter was "solid transplant" With the exception of a small part, enthusiasm for applying to overseas expansion is come out ask. Therefore, the development status of "Korea version" such as the delay's the feeling especially ('-';"

Sp-24
Nov 8, 2013, 07:03 PM
Poor Rico, hasn't she suffered enough? To be forced to promote PSO2...

Well, from what I've gathered, they are still determined to add PvP. Yay?

The Walrus
Nov 8, 2013, 07:12 PM
I can't wait to see how hilariously unbalanced PvP is.

Ezodagrom
Nov 8, 2013, 07:30 PM
For those that can translate Japanese, please could you make the info a little clearer on the following 2 latest news pages over at g-heaven's site? :)

http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2013/11/131108a.html

http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2012/12/121205a.html
2nd link is old, from December 2012.

Edson Drake
Nov 8, 2013, 07:36 PM
And I can't wait to see those kiddies walk by you and immediately scream "/toge Duel Duel!" while you're questing.

Really PvP has no place in PSO2 IMHO.

Sp-24
Nov 8, 2013, 07:47 PM
Really PvP has no place in PSO2 IMHO.
Only because PSO2 devs seem to have no clue how to handle PvP properly. Or just a game in general. Balancing a game with PvE in mind is one thing, but deliberately imbalancing it with half-assed skill tree and PA updates?

I just wish the poor guys who'll be responsible for the Korean version have a twitter or something. Boy, are they in for some fun with this game.

pkemr4
Nov 8, 2013, 08:05 PM
hope netmarble gets the KR Version and not Nexon.

HandOfThornz
Nov 8, 2013, 08:22 PM
2nd link is old, from December 2012.

Bah, that keeps happening with that site! (old news brought to the top) Apologies for the old link

GradationAir
Nov 8, 2013, 08:29 PM
PSO2 + PvP?
http://i.imgur.com/j74SykU.gif

They can't even balance pve...

Sega's view of balance is like:
Stupid Damage Boost to weak PA levels at higher levels (lower leveled people still screwed);
Bring a new imba PA that makes everyone use nothing BUT that skill;
Bring a new skill in skill tree that breaks the class and destroys its metagame completely;
Simply gives up and wait it out.

Takatsuki
Nov 8, 2013, 08:41 PM
As long as PvP only happens in dedicated PvP quests, then I don't see too much of a problem.

Really, the only things that need to seriously be balanced are instant-target Techs (Rafoie, Grants, etc).

Maybe just make it so that those sorts of techs have their damage drastically reduced, and give them a slight "tell" before they actually deal damage so it's possible to evade/guard it.

Then for HU and FI having issues getting in on enemies, just make it so that Step and Just Guard have a larger window of protection.

NoiseHERO
Nov 8, 2013, 08:52 PM
a version of PSO2/(maybe even jp version) with PVP?

I'm prepared for the "NO PVP DOESN'T FIT" tears, and the glorious delicious trolling that will happen IN PVP.

pkemr4
Nov 8, 2013, 09:17 PM
Gu/Hu's Spaming flip everywhere not getting hit by techs and attacks.

The Walrus
Nov 8, 2013, 09:31 PM
Maybe they'll force us into an arena using pre-made builds.

gigawuts
Nov 8, 2013, 09:35 PM
Gu/Hu's Spaming flip everywhere not getting hit by techs and attacks.

totally gonna go tank gu/hu with iron will, never give up, automate deadline, automate halfline, all three flash guards, and just dead approach everywhere

you can't kill what you can't catch

you also can't kill what you can catch

Gardios
Nov 8, 2013, 09:36 PM
Maybe they'll force us into an arena using pre-made builds.

No subclass
All Hunter
Final Destination

The Walrus
Nov 8, 2013, 09:38 PM
10/10 would play for years

Kondibon
Nov 8, 2013, 09:49 PM
This is actually old news, I think I brought it up in that "PSO2 needs pvp" thread or whatever. Even if this goes through it's likely going to be as well thought out and balanced as PvP in mabi(lol). There'll probably be a few people taking it serious but it's never going to be considered for game balance at all (not that PSO2 is balanced in the first place).

Kion
Nov 9, 2013, 12:50 AM
Light translation, paraphrased, should give an idea of what's going on.

韓国では最大規模を誇る『G-STAR 2013』なる ゲームショウが、2013年11月14日に開幕。オンラインゲームのメッカたる 韓国に相応しい、オンラインゲーム中心のお祭り騒ぎ。こちらの ゲームショウに『セガ』がブースを構え、 自社のタイトルを出展することが明らかに。この『G-STAR 2013』というゲームショウには、一昨年と昨年にも 『セガ』がブースを出展。自社が誇る『PSO2 (韓国版)』という オンラインゲームを引っ提げて、鳴り物入りで現地入り。 酒井智史プロデューサーと木村裕也ディレクターの両名も、日本から現地の視察へと訪問。 現地のメディアから海外展開の展望についてインタビューを受けるなど、 このゲームショウは『PSO2』の海外展開の進捗状況を占ううえでは必見のイベント (’-’+

Korea is having its G-2013 event on November 14th, an event focusing mostly on online games. Sega will be attending the even this year as well with the Korean version of Pso2 as the main focus. Producer Sakai and the Director of the series will be there as well to give interviews on the international development of Pso2.

Dnd
Nov 9, 2013, 06:55 AM
totally gonna go tank gu/hu with iron will, never give up, automate deadline, automate halfline, all three flash guards, and just dead approach everywhere

I would pay money to see this build in a PvP situation

WildarmsRE5
Nov 9, 2013, 08:06 AM
why not let us PvP both in TPS mode, and cannot change back to auto target mode?

ofcourse, they will have to balance the skills like some PvP in other MMO does.

Zenobia
Nov 9, 2013, 11:01 AM

^My Initial build thoughts exactly PvP is going to be to hilarious in this game.

Kietsu
Nov 9, 2013, 11:04 AM
This is interesting because Korea has substantially less patience for gacha bullshit than Japan does.

WildarmsRE5
Nov 9, 2013, 11:10 AM
But, they HAVE gacha crap.

EDIT: actually. . . Why did I call it crap? I really like it. . . especially since I got used to stuff like that, that's how Eastern Games work anyway.

Sp-24
Nov 9, 2013, 11:15 AM
Aren't korean MMOs some of the biggest offenders when it comes to cash shops? My info on those is a bit outdated, but from what I know, they seem to only be second to Android/iOS games.

Kietsu
Nov 9, 2013, 11:22 AM
Aren't korean MMOs some of the biggest offenders when it comes to cash shops? My info on those is a bit outdated, but from what I know, they seem to only be second to Android/iOS games.

South Korea is pretty much single-handedly responsible for the creation of the free-to-play games market as we know it today. In fact it's only recently that Western devs have taken to the model.

That said, Korean F2P games don't usually incorporate gacha features, though this is largely due to the country's anti-gambling laws more than anything, from what I understand. They just make their money by straight-up charging you for what you want - the hilarious part about this is that the items are also significantly cheaper than what the western localizations get.

Meanwhile, I've yet to see a Japanese-developed F2P game that doesn't revolve around gachas.

Kondibon
Nov 9, 2013, 11:26 AM
Aren't korean MMOs some of the biggest offenders when it comes to cash shops? My info on those is a bit outdated, but from what I know, they seem to only be second to Android/iOS games.Based on what I've played and seen it's a mixed bag.

Personally I don't mind heavy cash shop reliance, but the game should feel fulfilling enough without it that you think "You know what? I like this game, I wouldn't mind having a bit of extra inventory space" instead of "Goddamn it don't tell me I have to buy all this crap to get past level 30".

I also prefer permanence, I don't like to buy temporary stuff unless it's REALLY cheap. Ergo I'm not a fan of the whole Freemium thing a lot of games do. But that just comes down to preference I guess.

GradationAir
Nov 9, 2013, 11:40 AM
South Korea is pretty much single-handedly responsible for the creation of the free-to-play games market as we know it today. In fact it's only recently that Western devs have taken to the model.

That said, Korean F2P games don't usually incorporate gacha features, though this is largely due to the country's anti-gambling laws more than anything, from what I understand. They just make their money by straight-up charging you for what you want - the hilarious part about this is that the items are also significantly cheaper than what the western localizations get.

Meanwhile, I've yet to see a Japanese-developed F2P game that doesn't revolve around gachas.

Every Korean MMO I've played so far has Gachas without exception.

WildarmsRE5
Nov 9, 2013, 12:15 PM
it goes in 3 ways:

1. pay2win, nuff said
2. gacha everywhere, nothing but gacha.
3. both.

Macman
Nov 9, 2013, 01:59 PM

Wouldn't Grants just completely ruin that with it's tracking?

Sp-24
Nov 9, 2013, 02:42 PM
Not if Stylish Roll breaks autoaim in addition to breaking the game.