PDA

View Full Version : Sweet sweet A's

Sandrokun
Nov 9, 2013, 12:57 AM
So I've been playing for a while now, got about 80 hrs into my braver, and since my exp has started to slow down, I recently found the time attack quests. Now don't get me wrong, I knew they were there before but I thought they were just annoying and useless, until I realized crotho gives massive meseta for his CO's.

Now my problem is, I can't seem to get anything above a B for those, and his CO's ask for at least an A. What's the pre-req's for A's on Time Attacks? And are there any helpful guides as to what route is the best to take?

Lostbob117
Nov 9, 2013, 12:59 AM
Run with a party, that is almost always garanteed a S-Rank

strikerhunter
Nov 9, 2013, 12:59 AM
20-25 mins (depends on the TA) and if you do all shortcuts then you should easily be able to do each in time for A rank when soloing.

As bob said, do them with groups and learn from experienced TAers.

Kondibon
Nov 9, 2013, 01:17 AM
Doing the shortcuts is really important unless you can roflstomp everything. [url=http://ohpso2.wikia.com/wiki/Time_AttacksThis should help[/url], but you might want to look on youtube for some solo runs if those maps are hard to follow.

20-25 mins (depends on the TA) and if you do all shortcuts then you should easily be able to do each in time for A rank when soloing.

As bob said, do them with groups and learn from experienced TAers.
It's actually more like 25-40 minutes but yeah, it depends on the TA.

Chik'Tikka
Nov 9, 2013, 09:28 PM
What Lostbob said, TAs were originally made and could only be run with a party, attempts to run solo would result in getting kicked back to campship with a fail +^_^+

Avereth CAST
Nov 9, 2013, 09:31 PM
If you have trouble finding a party to learn them, watch some youtube videos of solo runs for some valuable insights ahead of time for the shortcuts, routes, and mechanics of each one. It WILL probably feel overwhelming at first, but once you memorize each little thing it becomes instinctive and easy. Even if you find you still can't A+ rank them yet, the knowledge will pay off greatly in the future.

UnLucky
Nov 9, 2013, 09:56 PM
I remember back in the day when VH TAs first came out with much harsher S rank requirements, and you had to S rank them by the way, and I would solo them every day as a lv45/30 Force/Ranger up hill both ways during a blizzard weather survey

Coatl
Nov 9, 2013, 11:18 PM
I remember back in the day when VH TAs first came out with much harsher S rank requirements, and you had to S rank them by the way, and I would solo them every day as a lv45/30 Force/Ranger up hill both ways during a blizzard weather survey

You so MLG. But yeah, find a party in b20 and have them carry you. Learn from them. Etc. It's really almost impossible to not get at least A rank in Tacos in a party.

Lostbob117
Nov 9, 2013, 11:56 PM
You so MLG. But yeah, find a party in b20 and have them carry you. Learn from them. Etc. It's really almost impossible to not get at least A rank in Tacos in a party.

Oh you.

UnLucky
Nov 10, 2013, 12:45 AM
If you're having trouble A ranking a TA, b20 could easily carry you.

All they need to do is not all die at the same time.

I, well, you have a point.

Lostbob117
Nov 10, 2013, 01:17 AM
you have a better chance starting a party with jps using this guide: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207323

Literally gives you everything to make a party with jps.

Sandrokun
Nov 10, 2013, 04:24 AM
I've been running them since yesterday and I've gotten at least a decent idea of the basic routes thanks to that link you posted kondibon. It was mainly just killing the monsters, I didn't realize you needed to kill ALL OF THEM in certain parts to be able to move forward, I was just trying to zoom passed all of them. Now just comes getting my routes down but I'm enjoying the meseta in the mean time!

holmwood
Nov 10, 2013, 06:21 AM
Join a team. Bring me with you. XD
You're going to be running them a lot anyway. Might as well have regulars to do it with you.

Takatsuki
Nov 10, 2013, 06:30 AM
Doing the shortcuts is really important unless you can roflstomp everything. [url=http://ohpso2.wikia.com/wiki/Time_AttacksThis should help[/url], but you might want to look on youtube for some solo runs if those maps are hard to follow.

It's actually more like 25-40 minutes but yeah, it depends on the TA.

If it takes you longer than 15 minutes to do any single TA, you're doing something terribly wrong.

Ship2Mikeh
Nov 10, 2013, 12:51 PM
If it takes you longer than 15 minutes to do any single TA, you're doing something terribly wrong.

Im a tank, it takes me 3 hours to run Nab TA 1 on N, But I never die @_@!

The Walrus
Nov 10, 2013, 01:17 PM
>3 hours on Nab 1 normal

How the hell do you manage that even as a tank...

Lostbob117
Nov 10, 2013, 01:24 PM
I don't think any of the high level Glass Cannons die on N NAb1 anyways.

strikerhunter
Nov 10, 2013, 01:41 PM
Im a tank, it takes me 3 hours to run Nab TA 1 on N, But I never die @_@!

How is this even possible?

Not everyone double/triple/quad dashes or use any sort of movement increase (DA, assbuster etc.) Not to mention a bunch of other factors.

All 5 TAs should take no more than a single hour to do anyways.

(If it's over 20min with the exception of Lilipa then you know somethings wrong)

Zenobia
Nov 10, 2013, 02:07 PM
Should take you know more than Half an hour to an hour to clear all TA's with the exception of Den including anyone does those cause I do know cause money.

I do know this SH TA's will gear check a lot of people so I know a lot of casuals will have a hard time trying to find a party cause they don't care about affixing.

The Walrus
Nov 10, 2013, 02:13 PM
>Takes my group around an hour to do all VH tacos.

Feels bad man

Moocast
Nov 10, 2013, 02:50 PM
Should take you know more than Half an hour to an hour to clear all TA's with the exception of Den including anyone does those cause I do know cause money.

Ow. :-?

Coatl
Nov 10, 2013, 03:21 PM
Different people run TAs at a different pace. Me myself, I know a run is bad when it's gone over 10 minutes on any TA. Den takes 12-15mins approximately. To some that might be quick, to some that might seem slow. Regardless of your time though, there's always room to improve.

I do know this SH TA's will gear check a lot of people so I know a lot of casuals will have a hard time trying to find a party cause they don't care about affixing.

Yes. I could easily see someone getting kicked from a party if they are slowing the party down tremendously. Like if you die in Nab II to any of the first 4 minibosses, or dying in sanctum in the part where everyone goes on their button and spawns 3 dragons. Anywhere else won't be as bad.

Remz69
Nov 10, 2013, 03:40 PM

if some people gear check (more specifically, check affixes)for SH TAs then they are not people worth playing with to begin with -period

~Aya~
Nov 10, 2013, 03:48 PM
What Lostbob said, TAs were originally made and could only be run with a party, attempts to run solo would result in getting kicked back to campship with a fail +^_^+

True.. except. If you are pretty decent you can finish with an S.. and get sub 10 minutes on maps like Lilipa etc, solo. Just practice up.

I stopped caring to octo dash my way through entire TA just for time.. knowing exactly what to do with shortcuts, enemy spawns and when is all part of getting a nice time and grade.

Zenobia
Nov 10, 2013, 05:23 PM
if some people gear check (more specifically, check affixes)for SH TAs then they are not people worth playing with to begin with -period

glad you bought that up but I meant the enemies gear checking you because you wont be killing them as fast. Now if you're worried about ppl gear checking YOU specifically and you're not the type to affix gear then play with your team to avoid less confrontation.(Not really saying you don't just talking in general)

Also lets get one thing straight don't blame ppl who like efficiency ppl have things they want to do and ares they want to farm so they want to get TA's done as fast as possible not have it drag on to long which can really burn ppl out and have them be dissatisfied with continuing on.

Its pretty much how it is when it comes down to it you have ppl who prefer efficiency when it comes down to things such as TA's and or DF and or EXQ's or AQ's and you have your lot who play for fun. Now before you go ahead and label me to fast the ppl who comment in this very thread know how I do things when it comes down to TA's I won't explain myself on that.

Ow. :-?

That was the bare minimum my TA's are done in less the time I just said btw.

P51mus
Nov 10, 2013, 05:35 PM
True.. except. If you are pretty decent you can finish with an S.. and get sub 10 minutes on maps like Lilipa etc, solo. Just practice up.

I stopped caring to octo dash my way through entire TA just for time.. knowing exactly what to do with shortcuts, enemy spawns and when is all part of getting a nice time and grade.

What are these shortcuts?

Kondibon
Nov 10, 2013, 05:44 PM
Doing the shortcuts is really important unless you can roflstomp everything. This should help (http://ohpso2.wikia.com/wiki/Time_Attacks), but you might want to look on youtube for some solo runs if those maps are hard to follow.

What are these shortcuts?

I linked to a guide on the first page sweety. I might just upload my own video guides cause I can't find someone doing all of them. :/

P51mus
Nov 10, 2013, 07:01 PM
I linked to a guide on the first page sweety. I might just upload my own video guides cause I can't find someone doing all of them. :/

Oh, your link is missing a ] so it's not showing up right.

The Walrus
Nov 10, 2013, 07:19 PM
The URL is still there you just have to copy and paste it :/

Here (http://ohpso2.wikia.com/wiki/Time_Attacks)

Kondibon
Nov 10, 2013, 07:31 PM
The URL is still there you just have to copy and paste it :/

Here (http://ohpso2.wikia.com/wiki/Time_Attacks)

It was still my bad. ;; I didn't even notice.

UnLucky
Nov 10, 2013, 07:37 PM
Not everyone double/triple/quad dashes or use any sort of movement increase (DA, assbuster etc.) Not to mention a bunch of other factors.
Nah man, that's how you get 5m runs. 10-15m per should be doable with just levels and gear.

Personally I'd never rip on anyone with Soul+Stat3 on their stuff. More slots always helps, but I know it's more expensive for less in return. No real excuse for stuff like Flame Resist or Shoot I on your melee gear, though.

But more important than the affixes, the gear itself needs to be better in SH or you'll have a hard time in there. Not that good equipment guarantees fast runs or anything.

strikerhunter
Nov 10, 2013, 07:44 PM
Nah man, that's how you get 5m runs. 10-15m per should be doable with just levels and gear.

I did said a bunch of other factors you know.

-Lazy to search the original quote of the gear check talk-

IMO, gear check from others should not bother you at all. If you can contribute very well into the TA from rez to supporting, etc. then you should not worry bout gear since skills > gears.

There will be those that breath down on your neck bout your gear or those that are moving faster around in the TA than you but none of that should matter.
Honestly, if you are conscience or have probs bout gear check just TA with friends or teammates as said in some posts before.

Kondibon
Nov 10, 2013, 07:46 PM

I second this. You don't need to be mlgpro to do good enough to get the client orders done, even solo, you just need good gear and builds. I know this because I can do normal and HM TACOs easily. If I had better builds I could say the same about VH since the only difference is numbers.

Remz69
Nov 10, 2013, 10:00 PM
edit:
forget it
my first post didn't convey what i wanted it to convey
and neither did this one

edit:
oh well since it got quoted anyway and was more understandable than i thought it was (english's not always my best friend) i might as well leave it here

i'm not blaming people who want to be efficient, in fact i'm looking for efficiency myself
i'm just saying there's a line between wanting to be efficient and just being a prick

but i said that because i misunderstood your post and honestly, i've never met people who'd fit the description of a prick i (kinda) made in my first post (but didn't detail nearly enough to make my thoughts clear )

Zenobia
Nov 10, 2013, 10:06 PM
i'm not blaming people who want to be efficient, in fact i'm looking for efficiency myself
i'm just saying there's a line between wanting to be efficient and just being a prick

but i said that because i misunderstood your post and honestly, i've never met people who'd fit the description of a prick i (kinda) made in my first post (but didn't detail nearly enough to make my thoughts clear )

Dun worry about it honestly they are out there I've seen some met some who would indeed deny em of TA's cause of their gear sad but true.

BIG OLAF
Nov 10, 2013, 10:10 PM
Dun worry about it honestly they are out there I've seen some met some who would indeed deny em of TA's cause of their gear sad but true.

Just like those dildos that won't run TAs with you if you don't have a Lv. 45+ subclass, because they think that makes a difference (unsurprisingly, it's some of the B20 'popular kids'). I make sure to troll them ever-so-slightly about that whenever I get the chance.

Zenobia
Nov 10, 2013, 10:20 PM
That's the part I don't get and me personally I can't bring myself to deny someone of money especially if that's the only means for that person too even enjoy the game causal or not.

Main reason why I tell some peeps "It aint all about you."

Not lvl 45+? GTFO! I can't tell you how many times I heard that one or the "you must be 50+ to join X persons TA party!" omg the lulz lol!

SakoHaruo
Nov 10, 2013, 10:52 PM
That feel when someone lacking TA experience dies and then they abort the mission

:-o
:-(
:wacko:
:-x
:argh:

good times :lol:

jcart953
Nov 11, 2013, 08:09 AM
Just like those dildos that won't run TAs with you if you don't have a Lv. 45+ subclass, because they think that makes a difference (unsurprisingly, it's some of the B20 'popular kids'). I make sure to troll them ever-so-slightly about that whenever I get the chance.

Lol I don't think I ever seen anybody personally advertise this, now whether they just ignore you cause your low level is another story. Personally cant say i pay attention to much these days, especially since i haven't ran tacos in forever but if I had to pick between two random people I would chose some one that was 45/45 rather then 45/10....

That feel when someone lacking TA experience dies and then they abort the mission

good times

I seen this a couple times especially in lillipa the 2nd area if they get trapped in the laser fields and die lol

WildarmsRE5
Nov 11, 2013, 09:46 AM
How is this even possible?

All 5 TAs should take no more than a single hour to do anyways.

(If it's over 20min with the exception of Lilipa then you know somethings wrong)LOL that was win.

o/ is guilty break kinda a movement increase? (cancel with guard)