PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Crippling Chrome?

xilibrius
Nov 12, 2013, 02:53 PM
I'm fairly sure its not an issue of maxing out on memory because according to task manager i'm only at a little over 50% usage with pso2 and google chrome running at the same time. As soon as PSO2 goes into full operation all of my extensions from chrome crash and it will no longer navigate to any page. I don't know if its maybe punkbuster doing something to prevent cheating somehow or if its something else. Anyone experience this problem? Also don't know if it effects anything but i'm not alt-tabbing from the game to the browser i'm using a dual monitor set up so i go into a menu to give me back mouse control and go over to my other screen.

PriestBelmondo
Nov 13, 2013, 06:03 AM
So just yesterday my Google chrome stopped working whenever I get on PSO2. I'm not sure why but when i try to load a website/page on chrome it wont load or anything. If i exit out of pso2 then google chrome works fine again. I have no idea what happened but i was wondering if this has happened with other people.

Kondibon
Nov 13, 2013, 06:05 AM
When you say pages won't load, do you mean you get errors with connections or that the page just gets stuck loading and never finishes? If the later it might be a memory or cpu thing.

Sacrificial
Nov 13, 2013, 06:12 AM
Maybe you pressed some key combination that lets you download links instead accesing those links on chrome. I have that once in a while when I play.

Example, you click refresh, and nothing happens? Might as well check your download map and clear it if you had that problem.

PriestBelmondo
Nov 13, 2013, 06:34 AM
I mean pages are stuck loading and never finishes. And I did clear out my downloads cleared cache everything. I'm trying Fire fox at the moment and that's working perfectly fine.

solslow
Nov 13, 2013, 06:39 AM
oh, so I'm not the only one having this issues.. m.. for me, my chrome worked fine before, but after this recent pso2 updates, now it wont load any web pages when I've pso2 open =3= Tested it with firefox ane even ie, they both worked fine.. orz.

EvilMag
Nov 13, 2013, 06:40 AM
nProtect Gameguard perhaps?

PriestBelmondo
Nov 13, 2013, 06:40 AM
I was assuming that maybe it was some google chrome update, I'm trying to download an old version of google chrome but i keep getting the current version which i think is the reason why google isn't working properly.

I don't think it's gameguard, since i took it off using the tweaker.

Meji
Nov 13, 2013, 06:45 AM
I remember this problem occurred to me a lot back in the Alpha and Beta days of PSO2. Something about PSO2 locking the use of Flash, or something alike.

Try updating your Flash software, just in case. Might solve the problem.

PriestBelmondo
Nov 13, 2013, 06:49 AM
alright let me test that out. Really don't want to start using another web browser

Rayden
Nov 13, 2013, 06:49 AM
Same issue here.

PriestBelmondo
Nov 13, 2013, 06:56 AM
Good to know I'm not the only one who is having this problem, well kind of.

PriestBelmondo
Nov 13, 2013, 01:21 PM
Doubt it's the RAM and about 10GB. Think i'll have to just wait it out for an update like you said, thanks.

The Walrus
Nov 13, 2013, 05:18 PM
GG Sega

PriestBelmondo
Nov 13, 2013, 06:00 PM
Seems that I can still surf the websites AS long as i'm on it already before i start up pso2 but I just can't load up new pages on chrome. Odd...

you're not the only one, here http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215522

xilibrius
Nov 13, 2013, 11:10 PM
I'm also having the same issue for some reason its causing chrome to freak out crash/lock up/do nothing but it also is preventing media player classic from working. Media player classic will go into a not respond and lock up and then close out where as windows media player and firefox both work fine while the game is on.

thanks i'll post in the bigger thread.

Maronji
Nov 13, 2013, 11:37 PM
Media player classic will go into a not respond and lock up and then close out

It's a known Gameguard issue, as far as I know. It's been that way since I used to play Flyff way back when, so it's been quite some time since I first encountered it.

Hence why I curse every time I go to watch something when I do my late-night refueling (aka eating) since I have to close PSO2 just to keep Media Player Classic from crashing.

P51mus
Nov 14, 2013, 12:18 AM
Every so often gameguard decides my aim window is evil or something and I can't see any text on it until I close down pso2 (And gameguard with it).

Idolon
Nov 14, 2013, 02:55 AM
I'm guessing GameGuard has an issue with the way Chrome tabs run as separate processes. The same thing has been happening to Opera ever since it switched to WebKit.

Skywolf
Nov 14, 2013, 10:46 AM
Also having this issue, sucks so much as I've used nothing but chrome for nearly 2 years now... @.@

FireswordRus
Nov 14, 2013, 10:49 AM
this fault of the chrome update
i am check it.
Rollback the system, all work fine.
Update the chrome and get this problem again

Aussei
Nov 14, 2013, 11:27 AM
I use Opera and this same problem happens to me. Wondering is downgrading to older version will change that.

ChiffonFairchild
Nov 14, 2013, 12:27 PM
I have no issues running with virtual fullscreen but I've had issues when going windowed mode running chrome and PSO2 in that PSO2 will crash instead of chrome.

solid_snark
Nov 14, 2013, 02:26 PM
I'm also having the same issue for some reason its causing chrome to freak out crash/lock up/do nothing but it also is preventing media player classic from working. Media player classic will go into a not respond and lock up and then close out where as windows media player and firefox both work fine while the game is on.

VLC media player works & plays well with PSO2

pkemr4
Nov 14, 2013, 02:29 PM
it likes to cripple youtube for me.

moeri
Nov 14, 2013, 02:50 PM
Have you tried disabling flash?

Flash is kinda garbage, so you probably will only need it for a few legacy sites. Flash is just the one thing that I can think of that might cause issues of this nature.

pkemr4
Nov 14, 2013, 02:53 PM
Have you tried disabling flash?

Flash is kinda garbage, so you probably will only need it for a few legacy sites.

well.. what should i use for a alternative to flash..?

PriestBelmondo
Nov 14, 2013, 04:08 PM
I tried to find old versions of google chrome to use but every time i launch chrome it updates. There's even an option to not auto update google but it still updates anyways. So I'm going to give up, unless someone else has a solution to this problem besides waiting it out.

The Walrus
Nov 14, 2013, 04:11 PM
It's been working fine for me when just keeping pages open before launching the game. Like I can still navigate this site if I have it open before the game. Still can't load anything in a new tab but eh

moeri
Nov 14, 2013, 04:12 PM
well.. what should i use for a alternative to flash..?

I don't know of many sites that use it for anything that matters. Unless we are talking about flash game sites or something similar. Personally I have had flash disabled for years now and haven't ran into an issue yet.

Shadowth117
Nov 14, 2013, 05:45 PM
It seemed to mess with Chrome when I had the "better history" plugin loaded I think. Pages wouldn't load up in it although obviously PSO2 was working fine and that.... OTHER browser that came with Windows worked as well.

kabutozero
Nov 14, 2013, 07:11 PM
this happened to me with my old cpu , ( it was REALLY old ) with my new one I can freely alt tab and do whatever with pso2 open

Shadowth117
Nov 14, 2013, 09:29 PM
By the way, I found out later that the plugin was just crashing as a result of chrome itself freaking out.... which is lovely. Love you too gameguard.

deahamlet
Nov 15, 2013, 06:09 AM
Have the same problem, even tried the beta version of Chrome and same issue. Problem only started after restarting Chrome so it can update itself. Should have known better, the Mac version of Chrome f-ed up youtube videos, but that one they had fixed in a day with a new version of Chrome right away. This problem? Doesn't seem anybody noticed.

Syaohart
Nov 15, 2013, 07:26 AM
The problem is with nprotect gameguard. This has happened to me on other games before a few years back, mainly from Flyff and Grand Chase. We're gonna have to wait till gameguard updates and hopefully that will fix it.

Coatl
Nov 15, 2013, 10:22 AM
Yeah Gameguard is messing up my chrome as well...but like everyone has been mentioning, if you have chrome and the sites you want to navigate already open before you launch PSO2, you should be able to navigate it still.

gigawuts
Nov 16, 2013, 10:37 AM
As of this morning gameguard is stomping all over my chrome. As soon as I launch PSO2 plugins start crashing, pages stop loading, etc. If I close chrome and try to relaunch it every single plugin crashes instantly and pages won't load.

Up until last night everything was going perfectly fine. Great job once again, gameguard.

Vintasticvin
Nov 16, 2013, 10:46 AM
They probably got wind of the EQ Alert plugins and are determined to crash it OR it could be another lame attempt to run off us "Baka Gaijins" from the servers since they know most of us COMPLAIN ABOUT EACH AND EVERY LITTLE THING!

gigawuts
Nov 16, 2013, 10:49 AM
it could be another lame attempt to run off us "Baka Gaijins" from the servers since they know most of us COMPLAIN ABOUT EACH AND EVERY LITTLE THING!

This is probably the least rational conclusion you have ever drawn here, and that is really making a statement.

"These players respond to things we do wrong, how should we handle it?"
"Well it's not like we can ignore what our players say on a couple websites, so start making random programs that many of them don't even use crash."

Get a grip son.

3nigma
Nov 16, 2013, 12:13 PM
I also had this problem and a simple "fix" is to run chrome in no-sandbox mode. In the target field for chrome, type this in :

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" -no-sandbox

Should work for now however doing so disables security features.

Arkanoid
Nov 16, 2013, 01:48 PM
As of this morning gameguard is stomping all over my chrome. As soon as I launch PSO2 plugins start crashing, pages stop loading, etc. If I close chrome and try to relaunch it every single plugin crashes instantly and pages won't load.

Up until last night everything was going perfectly fine. Great job once again, gameguard.

This just happened to me today as well.

Maronji
Nov 16, 2013, 06:22 PM
This is probably the least rational conclusion you have ever drawn here, and that is really making a statement.

Unless he was being sarcastic (which I really hope he was), I'd have to agree.

gigawuts
Nov 16, 2013, 06:31 PM
I also had this problem and a simple "fix" is to run chrome in no-sandbox mode. In the target field for chrome, type this in :

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" -no-sandbox

Should work for now however doing so disables security features.

Thanks for posting this!

I've thought about getting PSO2 going in sandboxie, but don't really know enough about the program or how gameguard would interact with it to get it working. I'm assuming GG kind of hates sandboxie for all the obvious reasons, but I'm thinking it might fix these sorts of problems.

Note: I have no actual facts or experience with sandboxie to base this thought on.

UnLucky
Nov 16, 2013, 07:03 PM
They probably got wind of the EQ Alert plugins and are determined to crash it OR it could be another lame attempt to run off us "Baka Gaijins" from the servers since they know most of us COMPLAIN ABOUT EACH AND EVERY LITTLE THING!

But people use the EQ plugin while NOT on PSO2

Think, man!

red1228
Nov 18, 2013, 03:27 AM
Been hearing about this for a few days now, but it didn't affect me ..so I ignored it. However, it's now affecting me. Trying to open Google Chrome while PSO2 is running causes immediate crashes of all extensions & the web browser itself.

Was thinking it had something to do with the new Story Patch (for Tweaker) I had just downloaded today... but after reading through this topic, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Is this really just another case of GameGuard failing to actually stop cheaters & only annoy everyone else?

gigawuts
Nov 18, 2013, 08:30 AM
Been hearing about this for a few days now, but it didn't affect me ..so I ignored it. However, it's now affecting me. Trying to open Google Chrome while PSO2 is running causes immediate crashes of all extensions & the web browser itself.

Was thinking it had something to do with the new Story Patch (for Tweaker) I had just downloaded today... but after reading through this topic, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Is this really just another case of GameGuard failing to actually stop cheaters & only annoy everyone else?

I can't tell you the exact cause, but I can tell you that it isn't the tweaker, any patches, or anything that modifies the PSO2 client causing it. I don't do anything to my client at all and this started out of the blue a few days after it had been affecting other people here.

My best guess is either GG slowly rolled out an update, or Chrome slowly rolled out an update. Possibly a beta program of some type, as they've been known to set groups of people up on varying types of beta releases without actually telling them (small changes, big changes, what have you).

Alenoir
Nov 18, 2013, 01:30 PM
Chrome probably rolled out an update somewhere along the route that's affecting everyone involved. Even some Japanese (namely, Ai Ichitarou (https://twitter.com/pso2taro/status/401543408788860928) of the PSO2 broadcast station) are voicing about issues between Chrome and GG/nPro.

Zeota
Nov 18, 2013, 03:49 PM
Since this whole mess started, I ended up just using firefox if I need to look up something while in game.

xilibrius
Nov 18, 2013, 04:38 PM
Since this whole mess started, I ended up just using firefox if I need to look up something while in game.

That's what i've had to do too though i'm not to happy about it.

Cyron Tanryoku
Nov 18, 2013, 04:40 PM
Time to move to the superior Firefox

BIG OLAF
Nov 18, 2013, 04:46 PM
Yeah.

Meanwhile, in Firefox-

http://www.fodors.com/wire/Carryon-relaxing-beach.jpg

~Aya~
Nov 18, 2013, 08:12 PM
(*´・v・`)Never a problem here.. weird..

pkemr4
Nov 18, 2013, 08:21 PM
#firefoxmasterrace

PokeminMaster
Nov 18, 2013, 09:09 PM
Is it odd that all 3 of my browsers don't work now, but only when PSO2 is running? Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome (main) O.o

I tried all 3, they work fine while PSO2 is closed... Any idea as to why???

gigawuts
Nov 18, 2013, 09:18 PM
Because Gameguard is lupus for computers.

xilibrius
Nov 18, 2013, 09:56 PM
Because Gameguard is lupus for computers.
I laughed.

Coatl
Nov 18, 2013, 11:00 PM

Just no.

UnLucky
Nov 18, 2013, 11:01 PM
Glorious Opera (v12) master race

TaigaUC
Nov 18, 2013, 11:36 PM
My Firefox won't open if PSO2 is running. Had that problem since day one.
Same with Maya, it won't startup properly (GUI elements don't work, can't exit).
They both work fine if they're already open before PSO2.
And of course, everyone knows about Media Player Classic.

Gameguardtastic.
Can't wait to see what else they'll make it screw with.

EvilMag
Nov 18, 2013, 11:39 PM
I've been recently having trouble with Firefox when PSO2 is running. I've had flash always crashing on me.

gigawuts
Nov 18, 2013, 11:49 PM

Firefox will deserve my use when it has this feature:
http://puu.sh/5mMpx.png
Also a CSS editor that works in real time on a sidebar would be good too.

Until then I'm not interested.

UnLucky
Nov 18, 2013, 11:50 PM
Adobe Crash Player doesn't need PSO2 to kill it

also:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/google-translator-for-firefox/

gigawuts
Nov 18, 2013, 11:52 PM
I figured there would be a plugin for that, which is why I specified the CSS editor. Working from a sidebar. Stylish doesn't do that.

Checkmate, furries.

UnLucky
Nov 18, 2013, 11:53 PM
Can't Firebug do that?

gigawuts
Nov 18, 2013, 11:55 PM
I dunno, does Firebug let you save styles too?

gigawuts
Nov 19, 2013, 12:00 AM
-no-sandbox lol

Cyron Tanryoku
Nov 19, 2013, 12:02 AM
lol cant handle naturally
apparently firediff saves changes

gigawuts
Nov 19, 2013, 12:02 AM
Afraid of getting your hands a little dirty? Why aren't you just using IE along with all the other filthy casuals?

Cyron Tanryoku
Nov 19, 2013, 12:04 AM
http://puu.sh/5bYHa.png

gigawuts
Nov 19, 2013, 12:05 AM
horo without nina? that's not something you see every day

Alenoir
Nov 19, 2013, 11:24 AM
Also a CSS editor that works in real time on a sidebar would be good too.

Until then I'm not interested.

Tools -> Web Developer -> Style Editor (https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Tools/Style_Editor).

Evangelion X.XX
Nov 19, 2013, 11:25 PM
To Everyone:

I, too, have had issues with Google Chrome: i.e. plug-ins/extensions stop working, web pages won't load, etc.

But apparently, after I UPDATED JAVA, Google Chrome seems to be in working order again. Maybe someone can try updating Java too and see if this is the culprit behind Chrome's malfunctioning?

Aeris
Nov 20, 2013, 12:55 AM
To Everyone:

I, too, have had issues with Google Chrome: i.e. plug-ins/extensions stop working, web pages won't load, etc.

But apparently, after I UPDATED JAVA, Google Chrome seems to be in working order again. Maybe someone can try updating Java too and see if this is the culprit behind Chrome's malfunctioning?

Actually the thread is about PSO2 running with chrome running as well since gameguard is making the browser malfunction.

Zenobia
Nov 20, 2013, 01:02 AM
I crippled Chrome so it doesn't work with PSO2 and I'm not sorry about it and you can't make it! Now...wallow in your weakness!

Evangelion X.XX
Nov 20, 2013, 01:17 AM
Actually the thread is about PSO2 running with chrome running as well since gameguard is making the browser malfunction.

Perhaps, I should've been a clearer in my previous post. Chrome was indeed malfunctioning while I was concurrently running PSO2.

To me, it seems, that after I updated Java, Chrome seems to be working again while concurrently running PSO2; i.e. no more plug-ins/extensions crashing, etc.

Therefore, what I'm suggesting is that the "un-updated" version of Java may be the culprit, although there is the chance that this might not be the case.

EvilMag
Nov 20, 2013, 02:00 AM
Gameguard updated, anyone tried to see if chrome is still broken?

sesshymon
Nov 20, 2013, 02:10 AM
Lastest update from GG seems to have fixed the Google Chrome problem. I have no problems as of yet.

Manta Oyamada
Nov 20, 2013, 07:04 AM
http://butatogame.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-1180.html

gigawuts
Nov 20, 2013, 08:24 AM
Chrome's good here too now.

Rayden
Nov 21, 2013, 09:55 AM
I can confirm that it is no longer a problem for Google Chrome. However, the issue is still affecting the new Opera, which is based on Chrome.

Pugas87
Dec 4, 2013, 06:36 PM
Oh no, I think this is back... Everything in chrome just crashed for me with PSO2 open...

Edit: Also if you use Ad Block Plus and it crashes, it may have also erased your ad filters. This means it wont block the ads like its supposed to. Delete and re-install!

Pugas87
Dec 11, 2013, 11:50 AM
Is this still happening to anyone except for me? I thought the latest update might fix it, but chrome is still crapping out on me.

AlaskanKactus
Dec 11, 2013, 12:44 PM
Everything is fine on my end. Make sure chrome is updated, reinstall it to be completely sure.

Kikikiki
Jan 8, 2014, 07:01 AM
I don't have any issues. I don't use Tweaker or whatever either. As of now I'm still playing the game while posting this. GameGuard is shit but you can't just blame it for everything.

Kikikiki
Jan 8, 2014, 07:16 AM
I'm not sure if my GameGuard is any different that that of anybody else, but I never encountered this problem, even for the last update. I do encounter a weird problem with PSO2 though, which is that every time I close and restart it, it literally kills off every opening program, no exceptions. And GameGuard is in my #1 list of suspicion regarding this phenomenon.

The_Brimada
Jan 8, 2014, 07:26 AM
I've confirmed that this issue is indeed happening again after today's maintenance, and that launching it via the Tweaker -> Other Tasks (or using the proper flag) fixes it.

'dat gameguard

No issues here for me.

Vintasticvin
Jan 8, 2014, 07:47 AM
I've grown used to Chrome being dead for a few days after patching xD Luckily my ingame copy paste works and as long as the Gameguard is running your browser will be dead =/

Komarr
Jan 8, 2014, 08:02 AM
Existing Chrome tabs seem to work fine here.

Everything else I open turns gray, though. :(

Alenoir
Jan 8, 2014, 08:47 AM
I don't have any issues. I don't use Tweaker or whatever either. As of now I'm still playing the game while posting this. GameGuard is shit but you can't just blame it for everything.

The only thing that updated between yesterday and today is some of my Steam games and GameGuard. Chrome's broken again so yeah.

deahamlet
Jan 8, 2014, 08:53 AM
This problem hasn't disappeared for me since it started, hmmm, 2 months ago?

It's just weird. I use the link from Tweaker to open Chrome and use it that way.

gigawuts
Jan 8, 2014, 09:41 AM
Good thing I was too lazy to delete that no sandbox shortcut off of my desktop for several months.

Brimcon
Jan 8, 2014, 02:55 PM
The moment I saw Gameguard start to update I had a bad feeling.

Turns out I was right. Welp, guess I take the next few days off..

Yukito-San
Jan 8, 2014, 09:02 PM
I can confirm it don't work with Chrome nor Chrome Canary. Some player on my team report problem with MPC and VLC. I also got problem with the last VLC and found a workaround. If you need VLC for any reason while playing pso2, just download an old built. The 2.0.6 build of VLC from last summer work fine and still work after the update. The item patch stopped working for me last update too.

Kikikiki
Jan 9, 2014, 02:15 AM
Some player on my team report problem with MPC and VLC.

Yeah.

These have been around for much longer than Chrome cripplers though.

Enforcer MKV
Jan 9, 2014, 03:26 AM
Yup, issue is finally getting me now, too. Flash crashing everywhere while PSO2 is open, Chrome refusing to open new pages. Welp, I know what I'm gonna do.

*Opens IE* Man, I'm glad I decided to keep this as a backup.

Dnd
Jan 9, 2014, 10:14 AM
Its odd, considering my system is typically a cluster**** of errors and problems (when GG/pso2 is involved), my chrome still works fine while playing pso2. can open new tabs to new pages fine, use youtube and the net like normal..

How odd....

gigawuts
Jan 9, 2014, 10:29 AM
Its odd, considering my system is typically a cluster**** of errors and problems (when GG/pso2 is involved), my chrome still works fine while playing pso2. can open new tabs to new pages fine, use youtube and the net like normal..

How odd....

Clearly the errors are canceling eachother out.

The unfortunate thing is I'm not actually joking; that's probably exactly what's happening.

deahamlet
Jan 9, 2014, 03:37 PM
Yup, issue is finally getting me now, too. Flash crashing everywhere while PSO2 is open, Chrome refusing to open new pages. Welp, I know what I'm gonna do.

*Opens IE* Man, I'm glad I decided to keep this as a backup.

Use the tweaker link (or AIDA can tell you what extra commands she's adding to the Chrome so you can make your own shortcut). IE is the spawn of the devil.

pkemr4
Jan 9, 2014, 03:40 PM
GLORIOUS FIREFOX MASTER RACE

Enforcer MKV
Jan 9, 2014, 06:00 PM
Use the tweaker link (or AIDA can tell you what extra commands she's adding to the Chrome so you can make your own shortcut). IE is the spawn of the devil.

Meh, it's not that bad. I don't particularly like it, but it's adequate for my purposes (playing Youtube) and I don't have to download anything.

Firefox is meh. There's absolutely no point to me downloading it when I have a program that performs the desired function already on my system. PSOw, Cirno, anything I'd actually check consistently is already open on Chrome, and works fine. Only reason I have Youtube opened on IE is because some videos crash out on me while PSO2 is up.

This is more of an annoyance than anything. If I was doing anything important on Chrome, I wouldn't have PSO2 open in the first place.

Kiyumi
Jan 9, 2014, 09:45 PM
Ive learned to just open all tabs I need including extras before starting PSO2. The current tabs Im already on work fine but I cant open any new tabs.

ChocoboRRR
Jan 10, 2014, 04:18 PM
Gameguard is now cripple firefox. Game shutdown by opening any youtube video.