PDA

View Full Version : New seabed area!!!

Emp
Nov 13, 2013, 06:34 AM
Its dissapointing..

Only ice elemental weakness applies to natives

Bosses are ridicuously weak. Some ppl I know are saying its bugged, as in they have normal mode hp but I doubt. Only atk from darker boss that hurts is that Falz hunar like attack where he slams his hands on the ground. Only attack from jellyfish that hurts is that beam of light that shoots up from the ground. I suggest that you do not stay still when Jellyfish is sitting on the ground.

And the new Hans co that requires you to kill x60 seabed natives is only 12,500 exp. :/

What are your thoughts?

yoshiblue
Nov 13, 2013, 06:35 AM
I look forward to the music recording.

Zenobia
Nov 13, 2013, 06:38 AM
You actually expected difficulty?

Welp besides that the new Katana PA I love it hits pretty damn hard.

Takatsuki
Nov 13, 2013, 06:44 AM
The new free boss is extremely easy. My party killed him the first try on SH without a single death and only a few hard hits taken. Heck, I play FI/TE and my armor isn't so great and he hit me head-on with what I guess was supposed to be his super attack and I still survived it.

EvilMag
Nov 13, 2013, 06:46 AM
boss music is a letdown but the area music is really nice.

Also fucking Sega stealing from everything again. Those rappy reskins are fucking Psyducks.

Emp
Nov 13, 2013, 06:57 AM
You actually expected difficulty?

Welp besides that the new Katana PA I love it hits pretty damn hard.

Considering that I am playing Gu, ya I do expect difficulty.

Also fucking Sega stealing from everything again. Those rappy reskins are fucking Psyducks.

Ikr. The noise that those psyducks make when they die annoy me tho.

NoiseHERO
Nov 13, 2013, 07:00 AM
Considering that I am playing THE MOST OVERPOWERED CLASS IN THE GAME, ya I do expect difficulty..

H-what?

Emp
Nov 13, 2013, 07:03 AM
Why do ppl have blue text above their heads? Some do, some dont.

And new title gives you 1 excube.

KazukiQZ
Nov 13, 2013, 07:06 AM
Blue text = your party members
white text = MPA members

Emp
Nov 13, 2013, 07:10 AM
Blue text = your party members
white text = MPA members

*facepalm*

1. Im not in a party
2. Im in the lobby

So now explain again to me why they have dark blue text above their heads.

KazukiQZ
Nov 13, 2013, 07:20 AM
That's weird, may go check it later :D

NoiseHERO
Nov 13, 2013, 07:23 AM
*facepalm*

1. Im not in a party
2. Im in the lobby

So now explain again to me why they have dark blue text above their heads.

You're not allowed to facepalm a common sense reply towards someone lacking common sense!

Zenobia
Nov 13, 2013, 07:29 AM
Considering that I am playing Gu, ya I do expect difficulty

You play GU there is no difficulty for it sense it has abusive Iframes and hard hitting PA's...unless you're not used to playing it then sure.

I guess just keep practicing cause right now I dunno what to say.

o0Kais0o
Nov 13, 2013, 07:33 AM
Only had time for 1 run before work, its a nice area to look at I guess, the creatures seem slightly bland though. I'll switch out of gunner before I gauge the difficulty lol.

KazukiQZ
Nov 13, 2013, 07:56 AM
@Emp
Back. Nope, nothing happen, no blue text above their head or something. It's just you, unless someone else is experiencing it too and prove me wrong.

Terrence
Nov 13, 2013, 08:15 AM
As I said before, I really enjoy the Seabed. The only thing I hate is the Boss music changing between the ground fight (stupid theme) and the aerial one (epic music).

Aine
Nov 13, 2013, 08:17 AM
There's a new option that allows you to display who in the lobby is currently in a party. Their names will be shown in dark blue.

KazukiQZ
Nov 13, 2013, 08:24 AM
^There, the answer for Emp's question.

Emp
Nov 13, 2013, 08:52 AM
There's a new option that allows you to display who in the lobby is currently in a party. Their names will be shown in dark blue.

Good feature for major eqs are announced.

HIT0SHI
Nov 13, 2013, 10:21 AM
This area is pretty nice even though the bosses aren't really that difficult (played it on SH mind you).

Look at this awesome stuff!
[SPOILER-BOX][SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/HroCIFz.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX][SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/9CAPWsv.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX][/SPOILER-BOX]

Well...
[SPOILER-BOX]Though they look similar, there WAYYYYYYY uglier that him. lol[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/fsSkdkm.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/741zpxq.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX][/SPOILER-BOX]

Lostbob117
Nov 13, 2013, 11:30 AM
Psyrappies.

Kietsu
Nov 13, 2013, 12:52 PM
Only ice elemental weakness applies to natives

Because god forbid Ice be useful for once.
They're extremely weak to freeze, too. The Ice-tree Forces (yes, both of them) are going to have fun.

Bosses do seem a bit weak, but then again, half of the people here are using high-end gear.

Vintasticvin
Nov 13, 2013, 02:36 PM
Complaining thats its too easy? Perhaps you all have grounded your gear full blast that the game is a joke.

Cyron Tanryoku
Nov 13, 2013, 02:41 PM
Be jealous at my boss find
http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/655/vrge.png
[SPOILER]Just kidding it's Eight Ounce[/SPOILER-BOX]

gigawuts
Nov 13, 2013, 02:44 PM
you found an eight onsu?

Friyn
Nov 13, 2013, 04:55 PM
Does anyone know which boss drops the new katana? There seem to couple on market, price ranging from 31m to 40m.

Valimer
Nov 13, 2013, 05:24 PM
If you're a gunner then the entire game is easy. Granted I haven't played Seabed yet, but I really doubt the enemy attack patterns are any different than anything else SEGA has put in.

MetalDude
Nov 13, 2013, 05:27 PM
So I can't really get back on (my computer is in repair). Is the area any good? Anything that will actually keep people playing for more than 1-2 weeks before going back to usual activity? I know there's new BR PAs to get which is nice at least.

Emp
Nov 13, 2013, 05:27 PM
Because god forbid Ice be useful for once.
They're extremely weak to freeze, too. The Ice-tree Forces (yes, both of them) are going to have fun.

Bosses do seem a bit weak, but then again, half of the people here are using high-end gear.

I really dislike ice. Unless u have a specific tree built solely on ice, using ice in seabed is useless. Your dmg will be subpar. Only ice tech ice I use is gibarta.

Complaining thats its too easy? Perhaps you all have grounded your gear full blast that the game is a joke.

Well Im using a full blasted yas, which some say now sux, and Im roflstomping ice weak monsters with fire elemental. SH was supposed to scale with all the classes, yet gu and br make it seem really easy.

Enforcer MKV
Nov 13, 2013, 05:30 PM
SH was supposed to scale

It did. Negatively. *rolls eyes*

Valimer
Nov 13, 2013, 05:30 PM
I think the problem is the tree balancing for Forces sucks ass, not necessarily that the creatures are weak to ice. SEGA is really struggling to make Ice relevant, but they can't just throw in more creatures with that attribute and all the sudden make the Ice tree "good."

Zyrusticae
Nov 13, 2013, 05:33 PM
Unless you're a Force, element weaknesses mean jack and shit in this game. 20% more damage just means something dies a little bit faster, it doesn't actually change how hard it is to avoid taking damage or stun lock things.

MetalDude
Nov 13, 2013, 05:36 PM
It probably doesn't help that the buff to Ride Slasher makes it ridiculously easy for HU (or a FI using HU sub) to surf their way to victory.

Zyrusticae
Nov 13, 2013, 05:38 PM
Btw the "Psyduck"-lookalikes are actually turtleducks (see the shells on their back). Seems a little premature to compare them to a pokemon when they're both based off a RL animal (ducks, durrr).

gigawuts
Nov 13, 2013, 05:47 PM
Btw the "Psyduck"-lookalikes are actually turtleducks (see the shells on their back). Seems a little premature to compare them to a pokemon when they're both based off a RL animal (ducks, durrr).

I'm more inclined to say turtle platypus.

Zyrusticae
Nov 13, 2013, 05:55 PM
Yes, platypus is the better word.

Either way, it kind of annoys me when people go like "they're ripping off Pokemon!" when Pokemon is ripping off of RL...

gigawuts
Nov 13, 2013, 06:00 PM
Ha ha, I know. The sea urchins are totally a ripoff of metroid, too (actually this is a bit more analogous since real life urchins don't have feet BUT YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN).

edit: also since they're based on the hermit crabs they're more like hermit urchins, and now I want their EN name to be Herchin so the shell ones can be called Hershell so I can make the walking dead references.

UnLucky
Nov 13, 2013, 06:18 PM
I'm liking the place. Bunch of reskins, but they're super aggressive and have new moves.

I want to use an Ice tree there, but it has no real boss killer.

pkemr4
Nov 13, 2013, 06:53 PM
so... is parrell maps occuring more often now?

deahamlet
Nov 13, 2013, 06:59 PM
I'm liking the place. Bunch of reskins, but they're super aggressive and have new moves.

I want to use an Ice tree there, but it has no real boss killer.

I made an ice tree just for seabed cause... why not, funs! and as force/techer I really don't need force tree to give me a boss killer.

Though I'm still miffed ice doesn't have a homing in kind of spell like pretty much every other element tree. Fire and dark win that race by far.

Great Pan
Nov 13, 2013, 07:23 PM
Well, I DIED with BOTH bosses. To me, it's hard to predict their patterns.

Zenobia
Nov 13, 2013, 07:30 PM
I really dislike ice. Unless u have a specific tree built solely on ice, using ice in seabed is useless. Your dmg will be subpar. Only ice tech ice I use is gibarta. .

Ice doesn't suck their if you have multiple skill trees and a ice specific build consisting of it and it freaking owns their even wind, hell even Sabarta is even good.

Simply because you dislike it and don't wanna try it out doesn't give you the right make these kinda calls I suggest you go try it out. Ice was beast in Coast and it beast here to.

Zondeel+Gibarta= Lulz btw.

Ra Barta is nice to but Gi barta is basically good over all.

Emp
Nov 13, 2013, 07:33 PM
Ice doesn't suck their if you have multiple skill trees and a ice specific build consisting of it and it freaking owns their even wind, hell even Sabarta is even good.

Simply because you dislike it and don't wanna try it out doesn't give you the right make these kinda calls I suggest you go try it out. Ice was beast in Coast and it beast here to.

Zondeel+Gibarta= Lulz btw.

Simply cause I say I dont like it doesnt mean I havent tried Ice even on coast. Saying that without having done would be stupid of me.

Stop assuming. It kills brain cells.

Zenobia
Nov 13, 2013, 07:43 PM
Simply cause I say I dont like it doesnt mean I havent tried Ice even on coast. Saying that without having done would be stupid of me.

Stop assuming. It kills brain cells.

Your post made it sound like you didn't try it in Seabed maybe you should fix it, also I never said you didn't try in Coast did you read my post? I wonder who's brain cells are dieing here.

pkemr4
Nov 13, 2013, 07:53 PM
anything worth money drop from SH Seabed?

Kondibon
Nov 13, 2013, 08:01 PM
Well, I DIED with BOTH bosses. To me, it's hard to predict their patterns.

Well they're new. I actually died too, mostly because I don't know what they can do yet. Both bosses apparently have grabs that you can't break out of and have less windup than most other bosses with grabs. >_> Other than that they're pretty easy.

Zyrusticae
Nov 13, 2013, 08:06 PM
Hah, the new Darker boss caught me in its weird cage trap attack (one-shot me, obv). Didn't see that coming. Can't catch me now that I know what it looks like, though. What a shame.

Meanwhile, Meduna or whatever her name is is a real cakewalk. No challenge at all, even solo on SH. I think you have to be completely failing to pay attention to actually lose to her.

Pretty much every other boss in the game is more of a challenge.

pkemr4
Nov 13, 2013, 09:04 PM
the darker boss was hard until i realized he moved slow enough for you to get a full messiah time in

Xaelouse
Nov 13, 2013, 09:21 PM
yeah, simply hugging him makes his claw slashes miss most of the time and he won't spam his annoying magic attacks. When his entire neck is gone though you just wait until he does that stupid grab. His claws are breakable too, but I got wrecked several times as a melee trying to do that
I wonder, has anyone tried guarding against that grab? Can it even be blocked

Shinamori
Nov 13, 2013, 09:45 PM
Meanwhile, Meduna or whatever her name is is a real cakewalk. No challenge at all, even solo on SH. I think you have to be completely failing to pay attention to actually lose to her.

Pretty much every other boss in the game is more of a challenge.

She's easy as a floating fighter. :P

Inazuma
Nov 14, 2013, 10:56 AM
I'm really glad we have another area with enemies ONLY weak to ice. The Seabed has the best enemy weaknesses of all areas, because ice and wind are the best tech elements. Coast is close but fire is best against Bal Rodos.

gigawuts
Nov 14, 2013, 11:18 AM
Agreeing that ice-only weakness of seabed is a good thing.

Agreeing that ice needs a single-target DPS PA.

This may be the motivation needed to tweak Sabarta to track a hitbox like Grants (or more accurately let it attach to a hitbox like Sazonde), leaving its lockdown unchanged on some enemies but making it entirely more useful on enemies it can't lock. That one change would completely shift ice's balance, because that's really the one thing holding it back now. Also, give it the fourth hit that its power modifier implies should exist, or a strong initial double-hit like Rabarta has. I guess Rabarta needs to be about 25% larger too, really.

I have an ice tree. It is far from weak. The problem is ice is split down the middle with its purposes, across the board. Rabarta? The freeze tech. The AOE is too small and the flinch is too weak for the DPS to really be that good unless the target can't be frozen but doesn't move (downed bosses). Rabarta's strength implies you should spec for freezing, except you can't do that very well at all. Sabarta is weak, and ranged, but only works on immobile or lockable targets. Barta would be better if it had higher reach. TPSing it to hit aerial enemies is fun, but not really an effective strategy. Gibarta is your bread and butter. Stellar flinch, great damage, blankets a freakin football field, etc.

Nabarta is honestly too weak (or the initial PP cost is too high), since it doesn't benefit from TCA or PPR it feels like it's meant to be combined with the bolt tree...but nobody's going ice/bolt so long as just that one single tech is the only thing that benefits.

Gama
Nov 14, 2013, 11:39 AM
i didnt like seabed much, i gets me sleepy like caves do.

i didnt like the ice only resistance since i'm fire/pikachu

so i end up spamming lightning to kill everything.

and untill i get barta's 16 family, its kinda useless to use them.

Remz69
Nov 14, 2013, 12:03 PM
I'm really glad we have another area with enemies ONLY weak to ice. The Seabed has the best enemy weaknesses of all areas, because ice and wind are the best tech elements. Coast is close but fire is best against Bal Rodos.

it's good that ice starts seeing some plus buuuut
if they go down this road with element weaknesses
it'll only make it even more painfully obvious how bad force and techer's trees are and while it'll get some people to buy trees, most who didn't already will just forget about force especially since it's already weak enough as is

edit: oh yeah, i'd better say.. it's just a possibility i was just putting that out there

Aine
Nov 14, 2013, 12:10 PM
This may be the motivation needed to tweak Sabarta to track a hitbox like Grants (or more accurately let it attach to a hitbox like Sazonde), leaving its lockdown unchanged on some enemies but making it entirely more useful on enemies it can't lock. That one change would completely shift ice's balance, because that's really the one thing holding it back now. Also, give it the fourth hit that its power modifier implies should exist, or a strong initial double-hit like Rabarta has. I guess Rabarta needs to be about 25% larger too, really.

Yes I too hope that they continue to make sensible and gradual balance tweaks to WAIT WHAT ELYSION POTENTIAL BUFFED TO 200% HOLY SHIT

The Walrus
Nov 14, 2013, 12:12 PM
did they really?

Zenobia
Nov 14, 2013, 12:21 PM
did they really?

Yurp.

ChiffonFairchild
Nov 14, 2013, 12:24 PM
Agreeing that ice-only weakness of seabed is a good thing.

Agreeing that ice needs a single-target DPS PA.

I have an ice tree. It is far from weak. The problem is ice is split down the middle with its purposes, across the board. Rabarta? The freeze tech. The AOE is too small and the flinch is too weak for the DPS to really be that good unless the target can't be frozen but doesn't move (downed bosses). Rabarta's strength implies you should spec for freezing, except you can't do that very well at all. Sabarta is weak, and ranged, but only works on immobile or lockable targets. Barta would be better if it had higher reach. TPSing it to hit aerial enemies is fun, but not really an effective strategy. Gibarta is your bread and butter. Stellar flinch, great damage, blankets a freakin football field, etc.

Nabarta is honestly too weak (or the initial PP cost is too high), since it doesn't benefit from TCA or PPR it feels like it's meant to be combined with the bolt tree...but nobody's going ice/bolt so long as just that one single tech is the only thing that benefits.

Mind posting an ice build? I haven't taken a look at seabed yet but I do want invest in another tree for it as it seems it'd actually be worth it.

ChinaSue
Nov 14, 2013, 12:26 PM
I am FO/TE and I like ice the most out of everything else I have tried in the new area. Rabarta is very effective against the free exploration boss.

I have also been using a Super Treatment TE tree since status effects seem about as common in seabed as they are in coast.

Here are the trees I have been using if anyone is interested: http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06uAbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIk0lbI n0000000lb000009b000000lb0000084OI22SGKgAhnIkfgAIo rA0000jkb6ds52J24QHNfqnIb00009b000008

A thing about the TE tree.. If you want, you can take PP convert down to 6, put 1 in shifta advance and extend assist, and 2 more in Territory PP Save.

One note in general about FO in seabed.. Be careful about zondeeling spinning blutorbons ontop of people.

Neith
Nov 14, 2013, 12:46 PM
I'm overall disappointed in seabed. Area is very nice visually and some of the music is good but the laziness with the enemies is really apparent. I realise almost every area has reskins but I seemed to notice it a lot more in Seabed. Sure, some of the enemies have hard hitting attacks but most are limited by the water levels and most die before they do anything anyway. Again, this is a universal problem of both MPAs and player characters being overpowered.

I've personally found PSO2 to be fairly disappointing for a while but I haven't actively stopped playing until this update. The game does have a lot of positive points but I do feel some parts need a total overhaul (skill trees etc).

Emp
Nov 14, 2013, 12:55 PM
Mind posting an ice build? I haven't taken a look at seabed yet but I do want invest in another tree for it as it seems it'd actually be worth it.

This is my ice tree link (http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06uAbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIk0lbI n0000000lb000009b000000lb0000084OI22SGJgChnIkfgAIb rA0000lb0000000Ib000008)

But I only use gibarta. I didnt go all the way down the ice tree cause it only strengthen dmg if u froze the target. I chose to instead max both ice masteries and max T atk high up, which is really significant atk boost(120 tech at 5sp). I also invested into the fire tree ONLY FOR TECH CHARGE. Its is more essential, u will lose alot of dmg if you opt out of it and go for the Tech ja boost on lightning tree. Photon flare is meh atm. Im sure with a couple more caps, and sp co you could invest more into but they only have sp cause I need to move down the tree.

Techer or fi sub with Icy Fo main should stay standard or cookie cutter, unless ur pro at sazan.

supersonix9
Nov 14, 2013, 01:04 PM
yeah it's pretty lackluster minus the visuals of the actual area and some of the music

Terrence
Nov 14, 2013, 01:51 PM
Photon flare is meh atm.
Did you REALLY use it to say that ? Because I did. And it's not that bad. Max Photon Flare and PF Advance (+200 T-ATK each) to gain +400 T-ATK for 30 seconds every 90 seconds. Moreover, if you're lucky enough to have a Motav Prophecy, Level 3 Potential (+350 T-ATK) gives a 750 T-ATK boost with maxed skills. Definitively not "meh" at all.

Emp
Nov 14, 2013, 02:34 PM
Did you REALLY use it to say that ? Because I did. And it's not that bad. Max Photon Flare and PF Advance (+200 T-ATK each) to gain +400 T-ATK for 30 seconds every 90 seconds. Moreover, if you're lucky enough to have a Motav Prophecy, Level 3 Potential (+350 T-ATK) gives a 750 T-ATK boost with maxed skills. Definitively not "meh" at all.

It takes alot of sp to be super effective with photon. You wont have enough sp to max all photon flare skills and max both tech charge advance skills. You wont even have enough sp to get 5 into talis tech bonus, which u should have if you are goin to use motav. If you cant max tech charge, your dmg will still be average.

Also photon flare has a very short timer. If it was a stance like fury, then Id care. Flare is situational, more like a boss killer than an mpa tool.

EvilMag
Nov 14, 2013, 03:43 PM
reskins up the ass + disappointing drops

Other than the music, Seabeds is kinda of a letdown.

UnLucky
Nov 15, 2013, 12:16 AM
This is my ice tree link (http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06uAbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIk0lbI n0000000lb000009b000000lb0000084OI22SGJgChnIkfgAIb rA0000lb0000000Ib000008)
Why do you ever have points in Freeze Boost? That 2% is literally doing nothing for you (unless 17.34% isn't rounded down, but still).

HAHAHA

Motav Prophecy aside, did you REALLY just say 10 SP for +200 T-atk 25% of the time was good?

Look, T-Atk Up is 10 SP for +50 T-Atk all the time. Are you going to say THAT is good, too? Better than +10% damage all the time? Or +20% damage all the time?

Realize that 10% damage is pretty much 200 T-Atk to begin with, at least as a geared lv65.

Macman
Nov 15, 2013, 12:29 AM
I surmise that it's bugged. I doubt the music track that sega featured on the update video was truly supposed to play for only 5 seconds at a time.

Kondibon
Nov 15, 2013, 01:23 AM
I surmise that it's bugged. I doubt the music track that sega featured on the update video was truly supposed to play for only 5 seconds at a time.

While I do think the boss should stay down longer, I don't think it's a bug that the music changes back when she starts floating again.

Emp
Nov 15, 2013, 02:07 AM
Why do you ever have points in Freeze Boost? That 2% is literally doing nothing for you (unless 17.34% isn't rounded down, but still).

HAHAHA

Motav Prophecy aside, did you REALLY just say 10 SP for +200 T-atk 25% of the time was good?

Look, T-Atk Up is 10 SP for +50 T-Atk all the time. Are you going to say THAT is good, too? Better than +10% damage all the time? Or +20% damage all the time?

Realize that 10% damage is pretty much 200 T-Atk to begin with, at least as a geared lv65.

Oh my bad. I did not see that I put points there. I really dont have points there in the game lol.

Edited: link (http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06uAbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIk0lbI n0000000lb000009b000000lb0000084OI22SGKgAhnIkfgAIo rA0000lb0000000Ib000008)