PDA

View Full Version : New player need some help

Fade2black01
Nov 13, 2013, 11:23 AM
Well not exactly new but since I forgot everything I might as well be. I haven't touched the game in over a year. I was wondering a few things.

1. What server/ship is mostly everyone on?
2. Can I join the main guild?
3. Is there guide for making a new character? I looked but couldn't find one
4. Is there an English patch available? Does it translate mostly everything?
5. Whats the most easiest class to be? For solo play and being in a party

Well that's all I can think of for now. Thanks for your help

Lostbob117
Nov 13, 2013, 11:25 AM
1. Ship 2
2. Look in player matchup
3. Use the English Patch
4. Yes there is.
5. All of them are pretty good, just play the one you think is the funnest to you and matches your playstyle.

Fade2black01
Nov 13, 2013, 11:37 AM
Do you have a link to the patch by any chance?

Lostbob117
Nov 13, 2013, 11:39 AM
Do you have a link to the patch by any chance?

Not allowed to link anything of this such on pso-world. However, you can use google.com to find it.

Sandmind
Nov 13, 2013, 11:39 AM
This forum doesn't allow to link to any patch that change the files.

On the other hand, you can use this website (http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/) for reference for gears/fashion/etc. and this blog (http://bumped.org/psublog/category/phantasy-star-online-2/) for all the latest new.

Fade2black01
Nov 13, 2013, 12:07 PM
I guess my character I made a while ago is on ship 2.

Anyways my IGN is MsPopNFresh.

I forgot everything about this game. Maybe I should restart a character and go through the tutorial again.

musicmf
Nov 13, 2013, 12:35 PM
5. Whats the most easiest class to be? For solo play and being in a party

I think easiest classes would be:
- Gunner (With sub Hunter or Ranger)
- Force (With sub Fighter, Techer, or Braver)

Gunner is just ridiculously strong and pretty PP efficient, while attacking from range, with a flip that can easily dodge most enemy attacks without thinking.
While they are pretty good at low levels (Get S-Roll bonus, and Fury Combo Up), they remain effective at high levels.

Force is relatively safe with it's very long range, and super safe dodge. They can easily target any weakpoint and smack it with a lockon skill (Grants, RaFoie, Namegid). At lower levels with bad gear they are probably the stronger of the classes.
(At least when partying my HU/FI, and RA/GU friends, my FO/TE was most efficient when all 3 of us were poor.)
Unfortunately, I don't think they are as strong broken as the rest when you finally start min/maxing. They can still get the job done though if you like the playstyle.

Both of those classes do well solo, and in parties.

On bosses with a party, the easiest class to play is Ranger. You can just use weakpoint to set up damage for the rest of your party, and sit back for 90 seconds doing nothing.
Of course it's better if you do more as a ranger than that, but with a competent party (Or just a strong Gunner to Duo with) you can technically get away with just that. Lol.

---------

I do think you should just play around with them all a bit though, see what class (or imo, weapon + their PAs) you enjoy most.

When Braver came out, with their Katana and Bows, me and my friends all switched to it to mess around.
I found that the Katana was real fun (even though it seemed very weak) while both of my friends preferred to use the Bullet Bow.

So you should see for yourself what you enjoy based on your playstyle. If something clicks with you, it may be "easier" to use, since you can flow with that playstyle best.