PDA

View Full Version : English large files error. (Storage alternate hardive error possibly?)

Detrimentalvixen
Nov 13, 2013, 04:12 PM
Ok, So this isn't really about it not working at it's current state but more so of how it's worked in the past.

So I come to find out that today, the files are definitely not working due to the new patch, sega fiddling around again and AIDA saying there's an old bug in there. So I noticed "well hey the core english files seem to be the only ones working so why not download them?" Did it, and when i got back in the game i was very surprised. I find out that all the english stuff i was reading before was the exact same. (With the exception of story mode because of its current state.)

So that gave me the conclusion "well hmm...That means my large files haven't been working for months and i haven't noticed till now because the update deleted it an now i'm seeing..not a comparison but but a good rain check of actual in game comparison.

So now here's my question. What should my game look like if it had the large files in working? I'm talking about pretty noticeable differences such as "should the tutorials be in full english, most the little notice boxes you get should be english as well (which they weren't for me) etc. Screen shot comparisons would help a lot. And since i now know it hasn't been working, what could be my solution so i can start playing with it?

The whole game is on a separate hard drive so that might be an issue, (meaning instead of C: hardrive it would be on F: storage or something like that) I'd just like to know if anyone else has run in on this in the past and has a fix on it, i'll be waiting paitently as everything else gets fixed. Thank you if you reply.

Aeris
Nov 13, 2013, 05:57 PM
Large english files was working until the recent update broke it, really not missing out on much without it on so wait until they update it.

Maronji
Nov 13, 2013, 09:01 PM
The Large Files translate optional stuff, like the Helicopter NPC chatter ("I'm out on patrol!").

Seconding for confirmation.

It's mainly field chatter, like most of the pilot chatter (like AIDA said) and other Emergency Trial-related dialogue. It's optional for a reason.