PDA

View Full Version : Prices for socks absurd

Edson Drake
Nov 15, 2013, 03:16 AM
I have been saving meseta for White lace socks and gloves for quite a while and noticed the prices steadily going up last month. It went from 1 mil to now absurd 3.150.000. Since my equipment gets priority over costumes, I was always near the price point but never on it, now I finally have enough, but am quite annoyed over it's inflated price.

I mean, who is manipulating those prices? I know they sell well, but I rarely see someone wearing them. They aren't limited so there's no reason for such high premium. I can buy them right now, but I just can't bring myself to cooperate with this level of inflation over something that's just eyecandy.

Do you think the price is going down anytime soon, or it's only going up?

Kondibon
Nov 15, 2013, 03:21 AM
The reason the price on accessories and the like goes up so much is because, unlike outfits they can't be resold, once you use a ticket it's stuck to the character forever. This means, regardless of the demand, the supply is constantly going down.

EDIT: The scratch they're from isn't even in circulation right now so I'm not sure why you'd say they aren't limited. The best time to buy something is when it has a revival since everyone who was willing to pay a lot already has it.

Edson Drake
Nov 15, 2013, 04:19 AM
Re-checking Cirno, yes you're right. I thought it was a Fun scratch item, but it's Black Socks instead.

NoiseHERO
Nov 15, 2013, 04:38 AM
buy em now, sell them 4 months from now when they'll be worth 10 mil

Maninbluejumpsuit
Nov 15, 2013, 04:55 AM
buy em now, sell them 4 months from now when they'll be worth 10 mil

Actually, might do this considering i need to make my losses back from my failed fishnet tights investment.

If the bunny suit didn't hype the price, for the fishnets, nothing will...

Though, haven't the white lace socks/gloves been ~3 mil for quite some time now?

Sandmind
Nov 15, 2013, 10:47 AM
All I remember about those sock/glove combo was when they came out, black was in the 3mil+ range and white was in the 1,5 mil range at the beginning.

pkemr4
Nov 15, 2013, 12:31 PM
tfw you buy the last Flared Pareo