PDA

View Full Version : PS4 Now Being Released/PSO2???

Saligun
Nov 15, 2013, 01:55 PM
Any chance PSO2 might make it onto the ps4?I'm thinking if the ps vita getting pso2 then maybe the ps4 could be next?Shouldn't a system like the ps4 have the abilty to run this game easily considering the vita can...

Zorafim
Nov 15, 2013, 02:08 PM
Nope.

Sayara
Nov 15, 2013, 02:10 PM
It hasnt been announced at all. It could have the power to run it; but will SEGA put it on there it is not known at the moment.

Evangelion X.XX
Honestly I doubt it. But I'd rather have PSO2 on PC anyways because the platform is more powerful, and then there's the tweaker, patches, and what not; in other words, it's more convenient. Besides, I feel that PC gaming offers more freedom than consoles.

Retehi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvdf5n-zI14

pkemr4
Nov 15, 2013, 02:15 PM
Nope.

Saligun
Nov 15, 2013, 02:15 PM
Yes but aren't systems like the PS4&XBOX ONE basicily like PC themselfs now?

blace
Nov 15, 2013, 02:23 PM
That's only if the developer has any interest in it.

The Walrus
Nov 15, 2013, 02:23 PM
Doesn't matter. It's highly unlikely it will happen so don't get your hopes up.

Kilich
Nov 15, 2013, 02:34 PM
Hah, I really doubt that. Maybe in three years, if PS4 and XBONE even survive that long.

Squall179
Nov 15, 2013, 02:38 PM
Yes but aren't systems like the PS4&XBOX ONE basicily like PC themselfs now?

From a processing standpoint, sure, of course! HOWEVER....

Can you install an english patch to translate your menus on a console game? Nope. Can you actually turn DOWN the graphics settings because you have eyes that react VERY poorly with HD Level graphics? NOPE. I play PSO2 with PSVita level graphics because my eyes actually begin to fail if I run the game at any good settings, pretty much for me, the PS3/Xbox 360 era are unplayable to me because of this. Modern games, I'm GLAD on the PC they have variable settings because I can go without blinding myself, or... aggravating a condition that is slowly causing my eyesight to deteriorate because of the overdetailed visuals on displays I work with.

Can you do those patches for the menus? Again, No. God help me for saying this, five years ago I would have been speaking a different tune but.... I'm actually glad its on the PSVita and PC specifically.

DS23
Nov 15, 2013, 03:01 PM
Eeeeh, I'd not be surprised if it happened at some point, but considering the PS4 isn't even out in Japan until early next year I'd not expect an announcement any time soon.

landman
Nov 15, 2013, 03:28 PM
The possibility of having the game on PS4 is the same or less possible than having it on PS3, but I don't thing those possibilities are impossible, specially since the game is on the Vita. But unless it's not announced, I wouldn't have my hopes up.

Vintasticvin
Nov 15, 2013, 03:31 PM
The game is better off away from "major consoles" I mean look what happened last time an online Phantasy Star was on a console. Not a pretty sight wasn't now stop this nonsense and go back to wishing we get a "international" release of this or something worth wasting time thinking about.

Zorafim
Nov 15, 2013, 03:33 PM
Why do people care if it's on a console? Isn't it easy to customize your PC to be gaming quality nowadays?

Lostbob117
Nov 15, 2013, 03:39 PM
Why do people care if it's on a console? Isn't it easy to customize your PC to be gaming quality nowadays?

Because people like playing games with low fps or something.

The Walrus
Nov 15, 2013, 04:17 PM
4320p @120fps or gtfo

#masterrace

Emp
Nov 15, 2013, 04:37 PM
Considering that the vita has almost equal the amount of graphical power as the PS3, why didnt they put PSO2 on the PS3? Im can almoet garuntee u wont see it on the PS4.

strikerhunter
Nov 15, 2013, 04:51 PM
Nope, no PSO2 for consoles. Didn't somewhere back a year ago or so that Saki said that he was not interested in bringing PSO2 to consoles?

Vintasticvin
Nov 15, 2013, 05:40 PM
Nope, no PSO2 for consoles. Didn't somewhere back a year ago or so that Saki said that he was not interested in bringing PSO2 to consoles?

^This, now back to work Peon!

Saligun
Nov 15, 2013, 08:29 PM
Why should only the PC crowd enjoy this world???We who buy consles have money to,since when does doing anything on any PC mean your some how better then those of us who choose play on a consle???

Emp
Nov 15, 2013, 08:33 PM
Why should only the PC crowd enjoy this world???We who buy consles have money to,since when does doing anything on any PC mean your some how better then those of us who choose play on a consle???

Lol this post.

U gotta understand thats its MONEY. Ya ya u have money but there most likely not enough of ur kind as of now that would play it on ps4. Most players are pc or vita and wont move to another platform. Those who arent playing havr given up completely.

There is no point in porting this to ps4 if Sega cant make money off it.

Zorafim
Nov 15, 2013, 08:37 PM
Considering that the vita has almost equal the amount of graphical power as the PS3, why didnt they put PSO2 on the PS3? Im can almoet garuntee u wont see it on the PS4.

I don't believe the vita has the same power as a PS3. The screens I've seen of this game on vita just don't look like something that would be on a PS3. But disregarding that, the reason it's on the vita is because of the japanese market. Apparently, it's a thing to get together with your friends at certain joints and play multiplayer games with them there. Because of that, there's a good market for multiplayer games on playstation portable systems.

If you have money to buy a console, you have money to upgrade your PC. And I have trouble believing you don't have a PC. The problem isn't you, it's Sega. They see a market on the PC, but not on any consoles. And so, they aren't willing to take the risk to port it.

But again, why is this a problem?

Retehi
Nov 15, 2013, 08:39 PM

Your entitlement is showing.

Zorafim
Nov 15, 2013, 08:41 PM
I hate when I try to attempt to elegantly show a person the flaw in their thinking, then the next person does it the easy way.

Emp
Nov 15, 2013, 08:44 PM
I don't believe the vita has the same power as a PS3. The screens I've seen of this game on vita just don't look like something that would be on a PS3. But disregarding that, the reason it's on the vita is because of the japanese market. Apparently, it's a thing to get together with your friends at certain joints and play multiplayer games with them there. Because of that, there's a good market for multiplayer games on playstation portable systems.

If you have money to buy a console, you have money to upgrade your PC. And I have trouble believing you don't have a PC. The problem isn't you, it's Sega. They see a market on the PC, but not on any consoles. And so, they aren't willing to take the risk to port it.

But again, why is this a problem?

Its almost equal in both graphical and processing power. That was noted in the first teardown of the vita. Also, the quality between the vita screen and a television will always differ. You can have a ps3 hooked up to a shit tv and it will look like shit.

Zorafim
Nov 15, 2013, 08:48 PM
I am living in a world where a handheld device can portray on the spot processing which looks no worse than the real world. What a world we live in.

Retehi
Nov 15, 2013, 08:53 PM
I hate when I try to attempt to elegantly show a person the flaw in their thinking, then the next person does it the easy way.

It's my thing.

Emp
Nov 15, 2013, 08:59 PM
I am living in a world where a handheld device can portray on the spot processing which looks no worse than the real world. What a world we live in.

The world continously one ups us all. But as I was trying to say, processing and graphical power may be almost the same between the two but that does not mean that will see that. It is all based on the screen that shows the data(the game).

pkemr4
Nov 15, 2013, 09:01 PM
with the money it takes to buy a ps4 you could build a pc that has 2x the power of the ps4

Arkanoid
Nov 15, 2013, 09:04 PM
with the money it takes to buy a ps4 you could build a pc that has 2x the power of the ps4

No, not really. 2x? For 400 dollars? Impossible.

blace
Nov 15, 2013, 10:14 PM
The world continously one ups us all. But as I was trying to say, processing and graphical power may be almost the same between the two but that does not mean that will see that. It is all based on the screen that shows the data(the game).

I question the validity of the PS3 and Vita having the same graphical processors. I have both and the Vita shows jagged edges and lower resolution textures.

Simply put, the developers have at one point said the game will be PC only before changing that to include the Vita.

If they wanted to push the game for the PS4 they'll announce it, but the restrictions of on board media limits that. The Vita version as is, needs a dedicated memory card for the game with 8GB minimum.

Saligun
Nov 16, 2013, 03:22 AM
I don't any interest in doing my gaming on any PC thats why i have consles,I have only a simple laptop and no disire for a full blow overpriced 2000.00 PC setup,I see no reason a ps4 isn't good enough to run a game like pso2...

UnLucky
Nov 16, 2013, 03:36 AM
No, not really. 2x? For 400 dollars? Impossible.

2x the xbone, maybe, but not ps4. that thing can literally output at 1080p consistent 60fps

I mean a $400 PC could do that five years ago, but it's impressive for a console

and lmao the vita isn't anywhere near the ps3, stop kidding yourself. if anything, the smaller screen can use less power to display higher detail per inch, but if you could hook it up to a 42" it'd look like shit guaranteed

Alenoir
Nov 16, 2013, 03:40 AM
You don't need a 2000 dollars PC to run PSO2. My computer took less than 900 USD and was put together two years ago, with no major upgrades, it runs PSO2 perfectly fine.

SEGA have already expressed no desire to port the game to a home console yet, there's nothing anyone can do about that. Well, unless you wanna sponsor SEGA for the said port, I guess?

Edit:

and lmao the vita isn't anywhere near the ps3, stop kidding yourself. if anything, the smaller screen can use less power to display higher detail per inch, but if you could hook it up to a 42" it'd look like shit guaranteed

Naaah it's already pretty crappy looking (http://i.imgur.com/nN3UnJn.jpg) without needing to be on a 42".

Gama
Nov 16, 2013, 03:52 AM
just to be clear about this:

Hahahahahahaha. no.

Chik'Tikka
Nov 16, 2013, 05:34 AM
I remember reading somewhere a rumor that SEGA was in the middle of "talks" concerning a release of an MMORPG for the PlayStation console, but that turned into Phantasy Star Vita, i think Sony and SEGAC might have discussed a PS4 version of PSO2, but i think both parties were on the fence and that it would be contingent on how well the Vita version is received Make no mistake, if either SEGAC or Sony think they'll make oodles of money from it, they will do it+^_^+

That being said, SEGAC has a keen eye on the "next gen" consoles and i expect dozens of titles from them in the coming years for PS4, Xb1, and WiiU+^_^+ also, as for running PSO2 on Xb1 or PS4, both consoles have the equivalent of the gtx 680 or Radeon HD 7970 with 8GB GDDR5 VRAM so that's a non-issue +^_^+

Noc Codez
Nov 16, 2013, 07:00 AM
http://i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w649/cheesecakediet/nononooooooo_zpsfa360548.gif (http://media.photobucket.com/user/cheesecakediet/media/nononooooooo_zpsfa360548.gif.html)

NoiseHERO
Nov 16, 2013, 07:52 AM
Ahaha you fool!

None of the alpha posters here want this game on CONSOLES!!

Bwahaha!

<_<

landman
Nov 16, 2013, 10:06 AM
As far as I know Vita is a console.

And I still remember how the 360 version of PSU was profitable enough to last almost as much as the Japanese server, unlike the western PC version.

The Walrus
Nov 16, 2013, 10:14 AM
Remember that it ended up being a year behind on updates too

SakoHaruo
Nov 16, 2013, 10:23 AM
PSO2 released at launch for the PS4 would have been the most played game on the console, because there ain't sheeit to play atm :lol:

you could have made lots of munnies, Sega. :(

landman
Nov 16, 2013, 10:29 AM
Remember that it ended up being a year behind on updates too

You mean the Vita version will end a year behind updates this time too? and if not, what would be the difference on another console of the same company?

gigawuts
Nov 16, 2013, 10:58 AM
No, the Vita is not a "console" as the term has come to mean. A console is something you can't put in your pocket and take with you as a fully functional, standalone item. These days (these decades, really) those are referred to as "handhelds."

Sandmind
Nov 16, 2013, 11:29 AM
And the handheld market is pretty huge in japan, so it was logical for pso2 to end up on vita, after having tested the water with the PSPortable serie of games.

Edit: And PS Nova also coming on vita for that reason.

landman
Nov 16, 2013, 11:38 AM
No, the Vita is not a "console" as the term has come to mean. A console is something you can't put in your pocket and take with you as a fully functional, standalone item. These days (these decades, really) those are referred to as "handhelds."

So now a handheld console is not considered a console. Then what is a laptop for you? a totally different thing and for totally different uses than a desktop?

gigawuts
Nov 16, 2013, 11:42 AM
So now a handheld console is not considered a console. Then what is a laptop for you? a totally different thing and for totally different uses than a desktop?

If all you're here to do is argue semantics over the development of terminology over decades of use by both consumers en masse and producers of products described by these terms you might find a better forum on dictionary.com or something.

If it goes in your hands as a standalone product with a built-in screen and you don't have to plug it in it is most commonly referred to as a handheld.
If it goes on your TV as a product that relies on a power outlet to function full time, it is most commonly referred to as a console.
If it can take phonecalls, regardless of whatever else it can do, it is referred to as either a phone or smartphone. Why mention this? Because otherwise phones would fit into the handheld category (which some argue they still do).

And yes, a laptop is different from a desktop. You yourself acknowledged that by calling them different things in the first place. A laptop is something you can bring with you places and is traditionally less powerful than a desktop in a comparable price range, due to desktops being something a person can assemble at home with mostly interchangeable parts. Try building a laptop from the ground up with parts made by different companies and tell me how that goes for you.

landman
Nov 16, 2013, 11:56 AM
Maybe you are right and my problem is with English language so I will check your dictionary website. ... Tell me where in handheld definition talks about consoles.

My argument is still the same, a handheld (adjective) console like Vita can be updated the same way as a home console like the PS3 or the PS4.

The Walrus
Nov 16, 2013, 12:20 PM
You mean the Vita version will end a year behind updates this time too? and if not, what would be the difference on another console of the same company?

I was saying it towards PSU. It may have been around for longer on 360 over here but it was behind on updates by a lot

Omega-z
Nov 16, 2013, 12:31 PM
As far as I know Vita is a console.

And I still remember how the 360 version of PSU was profitable enough to last almost as much as the Japanese server, unlike the western PC version.

The term Handhelds has been around since they were made with Gameboy, Gamegear and before. Everyone calls them Handhelds and not Consoles. Even the Devs. call them Handhelds and not Consoles since they function differently.

Oh, with Western PSU PC went down early was because of lack of support with content that the Consoles held it back with and everyone that could jump'd to the JP version of the PC. Those who couldn't went to the 360 but didn't get much out of it. They JP version was over 2 yrs. ahead of the 360 version which the 360 was also not getting the same content or crappy re-skin of weapons at the end. There Charts show'd that both Western PC & 360 was going down hill after the first Mag ( 1 1/2 yr. ) where JP PC was stable for the most part due to the ability to add more players and up to date content. the JP PC could of gone much much longer then the 360 but PSO2 came out and wanted to focus on it.

Raymee
Nov 16, 2013, 12:59 PM
Who cares.

Anyways, the person who said that the Vita has similar processing power to the PS3 is wrong

Please find me proof that the Vita has a processor that is remotely even close to being as powerful to the PS3.

Good day I will be taking a nap.

Omega-z
Nov 16, 2013, 01:39 PM
Raymee - That was a bit over the top, Yes unaware of it's power and misunderstood what it is. But coming from different places in the world sometimes people or societies mash things together instead of putting them in different categories which they are intended to be. It's the reason to help them not bash them.

Chik'Tikka
Nov 16, 2013, 04:02 PM
I was saying it towards PSU. It may have been around for longer on 360 over here but it was behind on updates by a lot

Behind on updates?? it was outright missing half the AOTI content, plus that guardians cash and all the content involved with guardians cash, yeah, SEGAC sure was cheap +^_^+

lostinseganet
Nov 18, 2013, 08:22 PM
the only competition they have is DC on line. it is a missed opportunity for sure.

Zyrusticae
Nov 18, 2013, 09:16 PM
I'm just going to say that, if they DO ever port it to the PS4, they better damn well do a major graphics update.

Right now the game looks like it could run a solid 1080p/60 FPS on the PS3. The PS4's hardware would be total overkill for this game.

Sizustar
Nov 19, 2013, 12:28 PM
Who cares.

Anyways, the person who said that the Vita has similar processing power to the PS3 is wrong

Please find me proof that the Vita has a processor that is remotely even close to being as powerful to the PS3.

Good day I will be taking a nap.

Don't think they are similiar, but it can be close

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5415BtlD25M"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5415BtlD25M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtDNjBmjVp0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtDNjBmjVp0

Supervic30
Nov 19, 2013, 04:14 PM
The real question that should be asked(which has already but I still have a small thread of hope) is when the North American version is coming out. I'm a console person but will get the PC version if it was release here in the states. I could care more or less if it was release for vita(NA) or console. If and when Sega release this game here then I will be happy screaming like a school girl. For now PS Portable is all I have to play just to get my fix. *goes back to hiding*

Zorafim
Nov 19, 2013, 04:41 PM
...when the North American version is coming out...

Never.

Supervic30
Nov 19, 2013, 04:51 PM
Never.

lol then I should dream on. Maybe there is a tiny thread of hope. or you can just snip it and I will cry. :-P

Zorafim
Nov 19, 2013, 04:53 PM
Why should you care, anyway? It's not difficult to simply download the japanese version and patch it. If you really want to play the game, in english, with english players, you can. What else could you want?

LunSei
Nov 19, 2013, 04:56 PM
Much as I really love PSO2, what I'd want is a next-gen PSO3.

Noc Codez
Nov 19, 2013, 05:46 PM
PS4 is getting Everquest..

and it's looking goooooooood ...... :)

Chik'Tikka
Nov 20, 2013, 03:40 AM
Much as I really love PSO2, what I'd want is a next-gen PSO3.

in about 7 years you'll get a next gen PSO3 +^_^+ it'll have the graphical fidelity of Ryse +^_^+

strikerhunter
Nov 20, 2013, 10:12 AM
in about 7 years you'll get a next gen PSO3 +^_^+ it'll have the graphical fidelity of Ryse +^_^+

7 years? lol Sega said PSO2 is looking for at least a decade. More like 13 years if you ask me.

jooozek
Nov 20, 2013, 10:21 AM
they really said they want to pull off a decade's worth run? the game is already dated by 2005 standards

strikerhunter
Nov 20, 2013, 11:19 AM
they really said they want to pull off a decade's worth run? the game is already dated by 2005 standards

Yea lol they did, which is why I laughed. Unless the game gets major overhaul changes (unlikely) then I don't see the game going at least to episode 6.

Nitro Vordex
Nov 20, 2013, 11:41 AM
Maybe you are right and my problem is with English language so I will check your dictionary website. ... Tell me where in handheld definition talks about consoles.

My argument is still the same, a handheld (adjective) console like Vita can be updated the same way as a home console like the PS3 or the PS4.
I think maybe you're mixing up console and platform. All of the systems, including handhelds, can be considered platforms. From a gaming point, this is true. From a gaming point, a console, like gigawuts pointed out, is usually described as the full time plugged in system. A handheld is classified differently, because of its obvious differences in operation, storage, capability, etc. 3DS and Vita both qualify as handhelds because of this. Sure, they are platforms, but they are not, in a gaming sense, described as "consoles".

Also I'm not gonna read the rest of the topic and just agree with these.

It hasnt been announced at all. It could have the power to run it; but will SEGA put it on there it is not known at the moment.

It hasn't been announced, and Sakai has shown no interest in consoles. So the chances are extremely slim. Sony has given more freedom to developers, true; but Sakai has clearly expressed his intent and interest. As of this moment, I would still lean strongly towards PSO2 being on consoles as not happening.

Gama
Nov 20, 2013, 01:15 PM
they could make a new shader and implement tesselation, but yeah that wont happen.

tristan0304
Mar 20, 2014, 08:58 PM
i think PSO2 will come on the PS4. just watch and see and the PS4 could handle PSO2. Its a very powerful machine

pkemr4
Mar 20, 2014, 09:00 PM
dat necro tho...

Freshellent
Mar 20, 2014, 09:02 PM
Not sure if it's anything to do with being able to run so much as having to deal with patches/updates/fixes. They have to go through another company, and we get relatively decent and frequent 'content' updates on PC.

It would be unwise to release it for console, tech has little to do with it.

Best necro

WildarmsRE5
Mar 20, 2014, 09:08 PM
I thought this thread was already buried.

landman
Mar 21, 2014, 02:24 AM
They have to go through another company, and we get relatively decent and frequent 'content' updates on PC.
PC and Vita. And what's the company handling the Vita?

lostinseganet
Mar 21, 2014, 04:47 AM
Any chance PSO2 might make it onto the ps4?I'm thinking if the ps vita getting pso2 then maybe the ps4 could be next?Shouldn't a system like the ps4 have the abilty to run this game easily considering the vita can...
When the ps4 launched there was only 1 free 2 play game to complete with...Sega really fumbled that chance.