PDA

View Full Version : unable to copy and paste

Alastorsx100
Nov 15, 2013, 02:13 PM
hello for some reason i can't copy and paste item names or texts i try to do crtl c and v but the command won't work anymore for me what do i need to do?

Sandmind
Nov 15, 2013, 03:20 PM
You're not the only one with that problem, someone else was suffering from it and asked for help in the quick question topic. Sadly, no clear answer was found yet to my knowledge.

Zorafim
Nov 15, 2013, 03:32 PM
It's pretty silly the way they set it up. Something like, you have to make sure the chat is open (press enter), then select the top line of dialogue. Then copy paste should work as usual.

Vintasticvin
Nov 15, 2013, 03:48 PM
So how bout that almighty SoJ everyone around here speaks so highly of eh? I'm tellin ya this game is as buggy as a international release.

Friyn
Nov 15, 2013, 03:50 PM
It's pretty silly the way they set it up. Something like, you have to make sure the chat is open (press enter), then select the top line of dialogue. Then copy paste should work as usual.

I can confirm this. First hit enter to make sure your "chat is open", then highlight and hit ctrl + C. Should work.

Avereth CAST
Nov 15, 2013, 05:56 PM
If the chat input is open and you still can't copy, I have found that scrolling the offending piece of text against the top border generally makes it selectable as long as it's there. Sometimes this means you can't quite copy the whole thing though.

If anyone chats while you're trying to do this it gets pretty annying having to re-scroll it.

Topic Cheese
Nov 15, 2013, 06:52 PM
I'm having this same problem. And nobody knows how to fix it.

It goes away after a few days, but it seems to happen every other update.

They need to get rid of this bug. it's horrible.

Lumpen Thingy
Nov 15, 2013, 09:14 PM
I'm having this same problem. And nobody knows how to fix it.

It goes away after a few days, but it seems to happen every other update.

They need to get rid of this bug. it's horrible.

its been like this on and off for months for me :c

Topic Cheese
Nov 15, 2013, 09:45 PM
its been like this on and off for months for me :c

Yeah.

Basically, we're unable to paste anything into the game, either if it's chat, or the shop, nothing works.

You may think it's not that big of a deal, but when you need to give an important link to your friend, or need to buy new weapons, units, or clothes that aren't in the search, you're screwed.

Someone, write a letter in Japanese to SEGA's support and tell them many people are experiencing this issue lately.

Avereth CAST
Nov 16, 2013, 02:26 AM
This big thing to remember about chat window copying is that the chat box needs to be open, and in the event it still is impossible to copy you need to scroll the text up against the top border.

If in your inventory or the shop screens or viewing a character info screen for equips, you are able to copy the items you see if it is actually definitely selected. This can be done by manually using the keyboard or clicking it with the mouse and then clicking again within the same menu to remove the options popup.

Sometimes it chooses not to notice copy attempts, but multiple tries usually work, including it sometimes ignoring copies of text outside the game and trying to input it into the game.

It's very annoying, but it's not possible for it to keep me from succeeding eventually any more now that I understand how and where it likes to trigger and how to get around it.

Bambi Minaii
Nov 16, 2013, 03:08 PM
I having the same issue and it's really annoying. I can copy things with no problem. My issues is unable to paste things. ;( I really need to look up specific items browsing through the item base is hell.

Topic Cheese
Nov 17, 2013, 01:13 AM
Yeah, the problem is still happening for me.