PDA

View Full Version : Is Seabed bugged?

Edson Drake
Nov 19, 2013, 10:25 AM
I have been playing in these boosted mornings and evenings everyday, in full 12 player games, with lots of PSE bursts and so far not a single 10-start from Seabed.

From other areas? Yeah sure, but not from Seabed. The only rares so far are 8-star crappy Rods and Wands. Same with my party, not a single 10-star rare.

Not very good for rare hunting in my experience so far.

Dnd
Nov 19, 2013, 10:32 AM
Seabed isn't bugged, its just really low drop-rates found everywhere aside from quarry lol.

I ran 350% boost during 100% boost event and got 1 rappy WL in 30 mins, its just unfortunate RNG.. which pretty much sums up pso2 in a nutshell.

Edit: Unless sega comes out and say they are bugged, then they arent

Ce'Nedra
Nov 19, 2013, 10:41 AM
Yeah its just horrible RNG. You can run for months without finding a single 10* (happened to me and a lot of people I know) from anywhere and then find multiple 10*s in one day a other time. It's just how this game really is.

TaigaUC
Nov 19, 2013, 10:43 AM
They only added like one new 10 star to each class this update (presumably Seabed specific).

LonelyGaruga
Nov 19, 2013, 11:14 AM
Like half the weapons added in this update are 10*. Got a Dio Turbulas as my first rare there (got another one from Seabed two days later), and neither dropped on days where rares had buffed drop rates. Though, looking at the list of items, Dio Turbulas is the most common 10* dropped there.

The drop rates for 9* and below got buffed in the last update, so you're naturally going to see more of those than before, which might be why you're getting the impression of a bug.

TaigaUC
Nov 19, 2013, 11:44 AM
I'm just going by this list: http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E5%AE%9F%E8%A3%85%E6%83%85%E5%A0%B1%2F% E6%AD%A6%E5%99%A8
Red date = current update.
If I counted correctly, 15 weapons were added, and 12 are 10 stars.
I guess that's a so-so amount.

pkemr4
Nov 19, 2013, 12:33 PM
im sure Coast has possibly the worst drop rates in the entire game rivaling 11/12*'s from falz elder

Edson Drake
Nov 19, 2013, 02:04 PM
im sure Coast has possibly the worst drop rates in the entire game rivaling 11/12*'s from falz elder

Holy Christ, that's my impression for sure.

Gama
Nov 19, 2013, 03:03 PM
still think theres a hidden cooldown meter for rares.

BIG OLAF
Nov 19, 2013, 05:47 PM
really low drop-rates found everywhere aside from quarry lol.

I'm not sure I understand. How do you know Quarry's drop rates are higher than the other areas?

Shinamori
Nov 19, 2013, 05:51 PM
ust about every quarry boost I come out with like 3-5 10*. It's like playing ToT2.

Evangelion X.XX
Nov 19, 2013, 05:59 PM
Yes, I too feel that I get more 10* Weapons (Ex-Cube fodders) from Quarry than any other places.

EvilMag
Nov 19, 2013, 06:18 PM
speaking of seabeds bugs, whenever I abandon seabeds when falz comes up, the music in the lobby gets killed. Anyone having that issues?

Shinamori
Nov 19, 2013, 06:23 PM
Dunno, but what I noticed in Seabed is a lack of boss spawn, particularly in A2. That's why most of the MPAs are done in A1.

gigawuts
Nov 19, 2013, 06:32 PM
speaking of seabeds bugs, whenever I abandon seabeds when falz comes up, the music in the lobby gets killed. Anyone having that issues?

Issue? Shit, they could advertise this as a feature.

Dnd
Nov 19, 2013, 09:14 PM
I'm not sure I understand. How do you know Quarry's drop rates are higher than the other areas?

well quarry stuff (any 10* weapon) actually drops reasonably soon but every other areas just a huge screw you unless you get insanely lucky (read: not 99% of the playerbase)

jooozek
Nov 19, 2013, 11:00 PM

from the quest's drop logs that have been in the game since always?

Sandmind
Nov 19, 2013, 11:16 PM
Only time I meet Falz Hand out of EQ was in seabed, I think it was A1 indeed. I suffer from severe lag, but that fight was a glitch feast. Like one example, the hands had teleported away (switching back from 2 to 1 actually) and took it's sweet time to come out of teleportation and I was actually standing where the map said it would spawn (I blame my lag more than anything else, but that was heavy lag if it was the case). If others without lag experienced similar thing, then maybe seabed structure isn't boss friendly.

As far as Quarry is concerned, I mpa'ed (for once) during a boost day and came out with at least 6 10* weapon within 1-2h, heck one single embryon vardha dropped me it's 10* dagger twice at once (I got 4 now...), 3 regular vardha back unit and a random rare talis that day.

milranduil
Nov 19, 2013, 11:23 PM
^ congrats you got lucky. Not viable evidence to better drop rates.

Zenobia
Nov 20, 2013, 12:11 AM
^ congrats you got lucky. Not viable evidence to better drop rates.

And so is yours as well as mine.

Macman
Nov 20, 2013, 01:50 AM
still think theres a hidden cooldown meter for rares.
Then my team master is immune to it as he always gets a consistent stream of good rares...

TaigaUC
Nov 20, 2013, 01:59 AM
It's just random as shit.

More stuff probably drops in Quarry because enemies there drop 10 stars at a decent rate and also spawn fairly often.
The rare version of the mech shooter guys almost always drops the 10 star launcher, for example. He just doesn't appear very often.

Issue? Shit, they could advertise this as a feature.

Ugh, I hate the Falz lobby music so much.
Cringed so hard when I first heard it. Still do.
It sounds like it belongs in a jungle-themed panther hunting game or something.

Zenobia
Nov 20, 2013, 02:28 AM
Ugh, I hate the Falz lobby music so much.
Cringed so hard when I first heard it. Still do.
It sounds like it belongs in a jungle-themed panther hunting game or something.

Really? I was thinking more of persona type of danger skit scene.

Macman
Nov 20, 2013, 04:26 AM
It's just random as shit.
The rare version of the mech shooter guys almost always drops the 10 star launcher, for example. He just doesn't appear very often.
I'm the reason for it, because I've killed at least 15 of the bastards in Trick or Treat and have gotten nothing from all 15 of them. I'm your shit luck heatsink.

Coatl
Nov 20, 2013, 10:09 AM
I got *10s in seabed just yesterday. From Rare ringahda though, and from the rare lightning wolf.

KuroKanden
Nov 20, 2013, 08:30 PM
The fact that over 11k bloody arts dropped in quarry over the past week says more..its pretty much cube/pass galore.

Seabed drops are a joke, apart from the elusive Crusade Lore sword which drops from one of those bird darkers..