PDA

View Full Version : Weapon with PA

MimiChan
Nov 20, 2013, 12:49 AM
Theorycrafting time again! This time we will look at weapons.

While there are a bunch of weapons around, players always tend to skew towards weapon who gives the most damage. Multi-class weapon, while a good idea, doesn't offer much unless you have the right sub class to use the PA.

What if...some weapons have a specific PA attached to it that lets you use it regardless of class?

Swords:
Waveboard = Lv 10 Rideslasher
Daisy Chain = Lv 15 Overend
Fortuna = Lv 5 Sonic Arrow

Wired Lance:
Falclaw = Lv 15 Wildround
Belk Welker = Lv 10 Holding Current
Rosso Welker = Lv 15 Holding Current
Gigas Spinner = Lv 10 Other Cyclone

Rods:
Psycho Wand = Lv 1 Resta

This are just some of the examples, it could also be a way to make unappealing weapon useful by giving them nice PA.

What you think?

Smithee
Nov 20, 2013, 01:09 AM
Psycho wand is only equip able my technic Classes. Try Rabbit wand.

Metis
Nov 20, 2013, 01:21 AM
Everyone would own a Daisy Chain then.

Zenobia
Nov 20, 2013, 01:27 AM

Still gotta fight the rng and hope it drops and have many passes so no. I also can't remember the last time I used Over Endo I prefer Sonic Arrow safe approach less deaths.

TehblackUchiha
Nov 20, 2013, 01:41 AM
i'm really only interested in wepons with unique PA's, for example whenever you use over end with elder pain it is replaced with hunar style over end. This is something i have been sending through those player feedback surveys. In terms of your idea i'd rather have some type of all class chip you could buy from npc stores or find in the field and put them in any weapon and make it so your prefered class could use the weapon. I doubt anyone would want to use a multiclass weapon outside of their subclass because it would only benefit in certain cases (ex: a fo/fi using daisy chain for over end).

Zenobia
Nov 20, 2013, 01:46 AM
i'm really only interested in wepons with unique PA's, for example whenever you use over end with elder pain it is replaced with hunar style over end. This is something i have been sending through those player feedback surveys. In terms of your idea i'd rather have some type of all class chip you could buy from npc stores or find in the field and put them in any weapon and make it so your prefered class could use the weapon. I doubt anyone would want to use a multiclass weapon outside of their subclass because it would only benefit in certain cases (ex: a fo/fi using daisy chain for over end).

You're not the only one I always wanted enemy specific PA changes like Apprentices Black Sonic arrow I always wished that when you get his weapon all your Hunter PA's are dark style versions.

Friyn
Nov 20, 2013, 01:51 AM
Off-topic. Why there are no cherry pedals swirling around me when I swing my katana? Anime & SEGA, I am dissapoint.

Macman
Nov 20, 2013, 01:51 AM
Ha hahaha... HAHAHA. You have no goddamn clue how insane XQ 11* drops are, do you?

Shinamori
Nov 20, 2013, 01:55 AM
You're not the only one I always wanted enemy specific PA changes like Apprentices Black Sonic arrow I always wished that when you get his weapon all your Hunter PA's are dark style versions.

Um, don't you mean Persona's?

MimiChan
Nov 20, 2013, 02:08 AM
Well if you want that altered PA, it could be another system called Boss Disk.

It has the same drop rate as the rare weapon and it works like a skill disk.

Persona Disk: Learns Sonic Stinger (black arrow thingy) 20% more speed and power.

Hunar Disk: Learns Giga End, as large as hunar's and full invulnerability at the final swing.

Haze Disk: Megigrants (Shoots haze laser that you can control for 5 secs)

Ragne Disk: Megizan (turns your Zan into 5 dark disk)

cheapgunner
Nov 20, 2013, 02:49 AM
Make the Goron zoran rod from fattycakes and let it shoot out shotgun style grants.

Give us a grant-pillar style regrants like Ex uses when using the Ex wand.

NoiseHERO
Nov 20, 2013, 03:16 AM
can't think of anything like OP's examples..

But there's definitely plenty of things that they could do to make weapons of the same type have different uses from each other, other than some being all class. (That's literally all we have.. ones with specific latents would just go under using what's the strongest.)

Rien
Nov 20, 2013, 04:10 AM
Let's start by making camos do visual things to PAs before we talk about rares...

WildarmsRE5
Nov 20, 2013, 08:03 AM
Well if you want that altered PA, it could be another system called Boss Disk.

It has the same drop rate as the rare weapon and it works like a skill disk.

Persona Disk: Learns Sonic Stinger (black arrow thingy) 20% more speed and power.

Hunar Disk: Learns Giga End, as large as hunar's and full invulnerability at the final swing.

Haze Disk: Megigrants (Shoots haze laser that you can control for 5 secs)

Ragne Disk: Megizan (turns your Zan into 5 dark disk)I like this Idea.

Rockbear Disk: Friggin Multi-Body slam barrage. (does 5 body slam doing the same damage as BackHand, takes away 10% of your life for each slam, get's stunned at the end, letting your opponent kill you, if there are any left lol.)

Vol Disk: Volcanic Armor (becomes invulnerable as long as it is active, HP drain cause it's lava covering you, instant tan.)

Zexia Disk: Photon Blaster (launcher PA that enables you to do "that", I'd want this.)

Unique PA Disk: (lucky drop from an XQ) Final Blast. (Sword PA, Fire damage, please refer to "Arngrim's Final Blast"If you want to know how it looks. . . SEGA. . . you already bought Tri-Ace, But I'm still not expecting this to happen, if it does. . . I will hunt that till I get it.)

more stupid ideas coming.

jooozek
Nov 20, 2013, 08:32 AM
so basically make hybrids viable through bullshit drop rates?
lol