PDA

View Full Version : Friend Partners are currently able to use NaMegid and NaBarta

TaigaUC
Nov 21, 2013, 10:04 AM
In case anyone is interested, Friend Partners can currently use NaMegid and NaBarta (since last update).
Friend Partner rank 15 NaMegid seems to hit for roughly 2-4k on regular targets.
Haven't tested NaBarta, but I doubt it'd be much use (range, and they probably stop using it immediately).

SEGA has apparently confirmed that this WAS an unintended bug.

It's discussed here (in Japanese, near the bottom):
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?Comments%2F%E3%83%95%E3%83%AC%E3%83%B3%E 3%83%89%E3%83%91%E3%83%BC%E3%83%88%E3%83%8A%E3%83% BC

Edson Drake
Nov 21, 2013, 10:07 AM
Noted. I was genuinely amazed when I saw my FP finishing a darker with it!

gigawuts
Nov 21, 2013, 10:09 AM
I caught a clone using nabarta, which I was not expecting. It was predictably useless.

Emp
Nov 21, 2013, 10:16 AM
I caught a clone using nabarta, which I was not expecting. It was predictably useless.

Generally the npc itself is useless so I dont see why people care. I only use them as distractions for mobs.

~Aya~
Nov 21, 2013, 10:37 AM
Sega is good at "fixing bugs" that don't need to be fixed or even worth mentioning. You said 2k-4k dmg with Namegid? LOL............... yeah.. that sure is gamebreaking and needs to be fixed ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TaigaUC
Nov 21, 2013, 10:41 AM
I use partners because I'm lazy to buff and heal.
Apparently they do count towards the 20% full party bonus exp, too.

Multiple partners spamming NaMegid at once is kinda useful, until they all get wiped out by a single enemy's swing.
Or the enemy gets killed by everyone else before NaMegid finishes casting.

gigawuts
Nov 21, 2013, 10:43 AM
Sega is good at "fixing bugs" that don't need to be fixed or even worth mentioning. You said 2k-4k dmg with Namegid? LOL............... yeah.. that sure is gamebreaking and needs to be fixed ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This may be more about clones being able to use them.

Clones with 2-4k namegids?

I eagerly await the whines until they fix this.

~Aya~
Nov 21, 2013, 10:46 AM
This may be more about clones being able to use them.

Clones with 2-4k namegids?

I eagerly await the whines until they fix this.

That would mean a challenging/potential frustrating element in the game.. wait.. you could just use a little common sense and go for the FO's before anything else. That would actually be fun.... to have.. somewhat of a strategy to carry out~

I welcome clones whom may be able to use NaMegid.

@Giga Get on PSO2.. Falz is just now showing up~

TaigaUC
Nov 21, 2013, 10:47 AM
Can't even remember the last time I saw a clone.
Then again, I haven't been playing much.

I suppose you could just watch for the clone's cast timing and dodge when it goes off.
Would probably be kinda interesting.

Sp-24
Nov 21, 2013, 10:57 AM
People actually think that there's a shortage of frustrating things in PSO2, and that OHKO attacks add to the challenge (the good one, where you are being challenged instead of being made to think that Sega is mentally challenged)? Maybe Sega needs to finally bring back PSO's Megid, then.

~Aya~
Nov 21, 2013, 11:08 AM
People actually think that there's a shortage of frustrating things in PSO2, and that OHKO attacks add to the challenge (the good one, where you are being challenged instead of being made to think that Sega is mentally challenged)? Maybe Sega needs to finally bring back PSO's Megid, then.

Being OHKO'd by a super attack is understandable. Being OHKO'd in the air or on the ground by a cheap combo is annoying/frustrating.

Game should have monsters dealing less damage to you but combo more often so that you can actually dodge/JG/counter and feel like you're under constant pressure in some situations from a single enemy over them just smacking you twice and lolyourdead.

You should not need the best S-DEF armors in the game + all the HP boosting affixes you can possibly get to survive more than 2 hits. That's just crazy.

Also Fisher Price skilltrees and such.. FI 10SP >> 10% to enemy breakable parts.. LOOOOOL.. my sides.. hurt...

Edson Drake
Nov 21, 2013, 12:03 PM
OHKOs are the laziest kind of gameplay design ever. I remember the PSO days of Megid casting:

Your Fonewearl: 60% chance of OHKO with a Megid
The enemies at Ultimate: 120%

They fixed it in PSO2 by creating the dark element and poison dot, but there're something incredibly wrong with this logic.

Player HP: 700, burst damage with Namegid: 150.000
Enemy HP: 1.500.000 damage with strongest attack: 1120

Just saw it in this last DF SH.

LonelyGaruga
Nov 21, 2013, 12:04 PM
Don't think Clones will be able to utilize Namegid. Clones can't target with a lock-on or TPS. Techs that attack a target will always take the default range used without a target or TPS, and Namegid does nothing in those circumstances.

TaigaUC
Nov 21, 2013, 12:32 PM
The one hit kills thing is because the gameplay mechanics are so simple that the only way they can raise difficulty is by increasing damage taken.

I don't think I ever got PSO Megid to hit anything.
Always failed. Even Falz never got it to work on me.

Inazuma
Nov 21, 2013, 01:00 PM
I wonder how useful friend partner Nabarta would be if they were set up properly with Elysion (double damage for uncharged techs).

gigawuts
Nov 21, 2013, 01:03 PM
I wonder how useful friend partner Nabarta would be if they were set up properly with Elysion (double damage for uncharged techs).

God the thought of a latented elysion on a wind/ice techer has me salivating so much.

TaigaUC
Nov 21, 2013, 02:20 PM
I'd salivate if it was an easily accessible gameplay choice instead of relying on a 1 in 100000000 chance of a rare drop and real money for respeccing.

Rakurai
Nov 21, 2013, 03:46 PM
It would be nice if they'd fix the AI of friend partners when it comes to using Megiverse and Zanverse.

TaigaUC
Nov 21, 2013, 09:09 PM
I wish the AI in general was fully customizable. I hate automated random crap.

I tried to setup a decent Ra/Te or Gu/Te friend partner combo, but all they'd do was stand for away and occasionally run up and do regular attacks.
They only used a PA maybe once in 5 minutes.
At one point they loaded WB and then immediately wasted it by switching to bare hand to cast Zanverse or something.
So painful.

Laxedrane
Nov 21, 2013, 09:49 PM
The one hit kills thing is because the gameplay mechanics are so simple that the only way they can raise difficulty is by increasing damage taken.

I don't think I ever got PSO Megid to hit anything.
Always failed. Even Falz never got it to work on me.

I used megid on those seabed star.... thingies that shot lasers and had a tentacle attack at close range and were invulnerable on one side when glowing. They were reasonably susceptible even online.

As for enemy megid, pick any mob in ultimate(But falz heh) and they could land it easily on you so long as you didnt stack dark resist.

I was wonder if people forget how many ohkos were in pso in ultimate. Some people in one breath praise pso for it's difficulty and in the next breath complain and hiss at the idea of OHKO moves in pso2.

Hell at any difficulty falz had "level" checks. Laser rain in form 2(Which was basicly luck if it missed) and Grantz in form 3 which only could be "Dodge" by being hit by something light right before he flew up to cast it. You didn't have the hp or resist you were dead on the floor every time.

Sp-24
Nov 21, 2013, 10:01 PM
Yeah, PSO gets way too much praise here. Still, in its defense, at least you could use a Scape Doll without having to pay Sega, and continue until the next OHKO.

Also, even if you'd die at a boss, that typically wouldn't make you fail a free run.

UnLucky
Nov 22, 2013, 12:44 AM
I don't get it, don't partner cards just use the PAs/techs you set for them? How is this special or a bug?

And it'd be awesome if clones could use Namegid. You have like 5 seconds to do anything to the Force to cancel their charge, all while they're entirely worthless.

Omega-z
Nov 22, 2013, 02:04 AM
Hmm..... that's odd I remember fighting a clone with Na-Megid, was it bugged back then?

TaigaUC
Nov 22, 2013, 05:10 AM
Perhaps clones could always use it?
I'm certain the JP wiki previously always said friend partners couldn't use NaMegid.

I hope they decide to make it permanent. I like the NaMegid effect.

Laxedrane
Nov 22, 2013, 06:12 AM
Yeah, PSO gets way too much praise here. Still, in its defense, at least you could use a Scape Doll without having to pay Sega, and continue until the next OHKO.

Also, even if you'd die at a boss, that typically wouldn't make you fail a free run.

Yeah, true but you couldn't really rely on scape dolls. As there was no way to steadily get them and they didn't stack so they took up a lot of space in a very limited inventory.

Falz just particularly stuck out in my mind becuase of one particular group I had online where in ultimate I think.. Only one person could live through the AoE grantz.(Again a move you couldn't avoid) To win we had everyone but that guy drop there moons on the floor he revive me as the force and I revive everyone else with magic.

Took us a good while to kill him(I think it was an hour). Man you never get caught in this game taking a good hour on a boss hahaha.

gigawuts
Nov 22, 2013, 08:26 AM
Dafuq are you guys talking about? Falz hits like a pneumonia-ridden kitten in ultimate.

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=948

I honestly found him harder in hard mode. The game was designed with this in mind. You could change your gear on the fly, WITHOUT having to invest tens or even hundreds of hours to get the money to make unit sets good. Getting ready to eat grants was as easy as popping your cure/freeze and something else out out and replacing it with a resist/holy and/or god/hp or two.

Unless you all are talking about the DC version, in which case I'm quite sure it received the same exact distaste.

Omega-z
Nov 22, 2013, 03:20 PM
gigawuts - There might be different versions. Since the Falz I have on the GC has a little bit different attacks or replaced from the ones listed on the form.

Phase 1:
Darvants
Ground Level.
Random: ( Psychical attacks only / spinning or running into you )

Phase 2:
Multi-Mouth form/Ground Level/Inside Arena.
Random: ( Psychical attacks / Upper Blades + added Darvants, Normal Rafoie, Normal Rabarta, Normal Heaven Punisher )

Phase 3
Wing'd/Ground Level/Outside Arena
Random: ( Psychical attacks / Upper Blades, Chained Rafoie, Barta, Ground Pound - which slow'd your character )

Phase 3
Spirit Form/Air Level/ Middle of Arena.
Random: ( Psychical attacks / Blade Swipe, Circular Blade - look'd like Blade Drain but didn't drain HP but PP and went around the map in a circle, Guided Missile, Megid, Grants, Grand Heaven Punisher - which had suction and cover'd the whole area, Transfer - Put a copy of you in it's mouth. Which any of your or allies attack Falz will do damage to the person it copy'd but will also heal it for the same amount, Unholy Armor - made Falz Glow and was immune to attacks and healed when attacked while it was on ..... later they allowed Techs to do damage but at a reduced cost. )

Falz was a back and forth fight a lot of times with Scape Dolls being used or very close to it even with 4 ppl online.

Macman
Nov 23, 2013, 06:55 AM
Falz's fixed-damage bitchslap was far far more dangerous than anything his Grants could muster.
It was basically a "Have more than ____ HP or die" brick wall.

TaigaUC
Nov 23, 2013, 08:53 AM
I think I misread the JP wiki comments. They were saying "it WAS a bug" and now it's "fixed".
Ricardo's blog also says as much.

Na Barta (and Na Zonde) immediately stopping still seems like a bug to me, but whatever.