PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Accessories - Was it worth it?

Mizioki
Nov 21, 2013, 03:58 PM
Hey, I wanted to make a discussion here, maybe for anybody to look on later on. but basically tickets, we all know you cant see how they look on a character before you purchase them unlike weapons or costumes which you can. but you saw a photo of it and you thought '' THIS WOULD LOOK AWESOME on my character'' are their any accessories you bought from player shop for a TON of money. and realized, wow this was crappy. and was not worth all the money I grinded for it.

an example I'd give is the Hero scarf, that you can get. I see those things for like 60Mil+ but i'm like...''it looks great..its awesome but why is something so simple being priced for so much?'' it looks worth a lot but not that much in my opinion.

another example is the new flaming eyes they added. I bought all 3, red,orange and blue. thinking they'd look awesome. turns out its like a big loogey booger of flame just smacked on ur face and looks terrible.

not worth the meseta I spent on that.

blace
Nov 21, 2013, 04:08 PM
The scarf being that expensive is partly due to it being an AC scratch item and the eye flames just being novelty accessories for FUN points.

The main reason for certain accessories being expensive is due to the method of which it's obtained and usually it's the AC scratch material that is expensive. And the fact you can't resell that ticket on the market is another reason.

Personally, I haven't spent anything on the absurdly high cost tickets, they go out of trend fairly quickly with all the accessories we get from updates.

NoiseHERO
Nov 21, 2013, 04:12 PM
>all the good looking stuff never drops under 2 mil after third day that they're out.

>+3 mil every month they're out of scratch.

>98% off black friday special when an item gets revived and everyone hoardes it and ends up having too much to sell.

Sayara
Nov 21, 2013, 04:13 PM
It also has a huge spply demand kinda deal with it as well.
Because items that are old scratches can STILL be totally worthless but say an ticket like la SING (the idol dancing LA) can still be stupidly expensive. I've seen some BS type prices on stuff as well before... Blindfold being one of them.. yeesh

GALEFORCE
Nov 21, 2013, 04:47 PM
My most regretful ticket purchase was a pink ribbon I bought for 2m. It was the WORST. Its color didn't change to match costumes, it was a very odd shade of magenta that doesn't naturally match with any pink or red outfits, it had this ugly white trim around it, and it barely had any physics at all.

After that I pretty much decided I would only buy tickets when they're currently out on scratch.

BIG OLAF
Nov 21, 2013, 04:52 PM
It's a crapshoot, really. Some basic rules you should follow, depending on how much you care:

- Any item that isn't prismatic isn't worth it (in my opinion). Having a red ____ with a red outfit is cool and all, but what if you want to wear a blue outfit, or a green one? Then it looks like shit.

- SEGA cannot map hats to heads to save their lives. 90% of hats look like shit.

- A lot of things are going to look cool on other characters, but not yours. You'll get accustomed to how your character looks with certain accessories on, and putting on new ones will make you feel uncomfortable with them. But they may grow on you.

Anyway, yes, there has been boatloads of accessories I've bought that have fallen drastically short of my expectations. Namely hats, for the reasons mentioned. Also things like the sunglasses that came out recently. They just don't look right. SEGA does that a lot.

Cyron Tanryoku
Nov 21, 2013, 05:34 PM
i like everything I bought
except that hat long ago
but shit was cheap back then so lol

Gardios
Nov 21, 2013, 06:05 PM
I usually only buy cheap tickets and hats. Most face accs like glasses aren't worth it because they clip through Gardios's face. :(

Hats though... I love my hats.

Link1275
Nov 21, 2013, 06:10 PM
I think the only accessories I've ever really saved up for is Haze Hat to go with my Haze Sorcerer costume. Which I do hope they do a revival on soon since I'm going to be able to play again and would like to get all of the colors of the original Haze Sorcerer again(I have EVERY color that the original Haze Sorcerer came in sitting in storage on Ship 8).

strikerhunter
Nov 21, 2013, 06:14 PM
Are accessory tickets worth it?

Maybe in the first hour or two when they are introduced but after that.......................it's all bout knowing how long you will use it. If you aren't going to use it anytime soon or even at all, then hell no it ain't worth it.

I bought my checkered long muffler a long time ago and still use and dam proud of it and do not regret it one bit.

Now if you talk bout hairstyles tickets, now that's a whole different story.

Kilich
Nov 21, 2013, 07:18 PM
I think most legwear can look good, if you have a right costume.

Too bad almost all costumes ether:
Have thighhighs
Have extra stuff that ruins their look
Fully cover legs

For example, the chinese dress is an exception, but those are rare.

Zenobia
Nov 21, 2013, 07:48 PM
And this is why I love dark themed costumed cause everything I buy for my chars look awesome.

Chik'Tikka
Nov 21, 2013, 08:14 PM
Only regretful ticket purchase was the black lace gloves and stocking that came with the china dress scratch, it was one of the absolute rare times i was on immediately after maint and i should of bought it before sleeping as they were 900k, when i got back on that evening they were already 3mill+. i ended up paying 4.2 by the time i did enough TAs for it+^_^+ my best buy was grabbing la sing for 800k before people realized it was a dance, still my fav dance too+^_^+

i hope they release a head parts revival, so many head parts I'd like that are beyond what I'm willing to pay+^_^+

gigawuts
Nov 21, 2013, 08:36 PM
Buy everything; regret nothing.

TaigaUC
Nov 21, 2013, 09:13 PM
I regret almost all my ticket purchases.
They either looked ugly and/or are worth like 15-30+ million now.
I never even use 95% of them.

But then, I'm not bankrupt at the moment, so it probably doesn't really matter.
Still annoys me though.

The Walrus
Nov 21, 2013, 09:14 PM
I'm always bankrupt \o/

So I regret a lot of ticket purchases ;_;

Emp
Nov 21, 2013, 11:08 PM
The scarf being that expensive is partly due to it being an AC scratch item and the eye flames just being novelty accessories for FUN points.

The main reason for certain accessories being expensive is due to the method of which it's obtained and usually it's the AC scratch material that is expensive. And the fact you can't resell that ticket on the market is another reason.

Personally, I haven't spent anything on the absurdly high cost tickets, they go out of trend fairly quickly with all the accessories we get from updates.

But my problem is how they come with the absurd prices despite not being able to resell. I swear that someone, under the employment of Sega, somehow influences the prices upon release :x

Makes you wonder when things like Demon wings are 8M within the first hour after maint.

Darki
Nov 21, 2013, 11:47 PM
I usually go to the ticket section in the shops a couple days after a new scratch was released and mass-buy everything that is under 50k. I usually end with a ton of stuff I don't even care for, but it has happened many times that an accesory I had for a long time and I didn't like, suddenly matched some new outfit.

In any case, I wholly agree with what Olaf said here:
It's a crapshoot, really. Some basic rules you should follow, depending on how much you care:

- Any item that isn't prismatic isn't worth it (in my opinion). Having a red ____ with a red outfit is cool and all, but what if you want to wear a blue outfit, or a green one? Then it looks like shit.

- SEGA cannot map hats to heads to save their lives. 90% of hats look like shit.

- A lot of things are going to look cool on other characters, but not yours. You'll get accustomed to how your character looks with certain accessories on, and putting on new ones will make you feel uncomfortable with them. But they may grow on you.

The only thing I'd add to the first point is that usually black and/or white items tend to be an exception.

To address the question, yeah, I've spent tons of money in accesories that I though I'd like but then I didn't touch except to check it in the makeover counter. They should really add a preview option with the tickets...

Sayara
Nov 21, 2013, 11:51 PM
And this is why I love dark themed costumed cause everything I buy for my chars look awesome.

you go dark, you never go back (http://i.minus.com/iblzub1lcYeu9T.jpg)
(Even though I have gone back a few times. I often return to the dark form i've had before.)

Zenobia
Nov 22, 2013, 12:23 AM
you go dark, you never go back (http://i.minus.com/iblzub1lcYeu9T.jpg)
(Even though I have gone back a few times. I often return to the dark form i've had before.)

I'd be a liar if I ever said I never switched up from time to time.

I stay true to the Abyss (http://i.imgur.com/ZBileLf.jpg)

CanaanAzure
Nov 22, 2013, 01:25 AM

Pshhhhh.
Whites where its at. xD

Zenobia
Nov 22, 2013, 02:30 AM
Pshhhhh.
Whites where its at. xD

Been wearing that before you were born those are my trademark colors lol.

firezero10
Nov 22, 2013, 06:13 AM
Haven't regretted any purchases. I tend to look for videos of the item before buying anything expensive. For cheap stuff, I probably look for some pictures and if i find it okay then i will just buy.

Wanting to get long muffle now, can anyone tell me if it changes to the colour of my costume when I put it on???

KazukiQZ
Nov 22, 2013, 06:56 AM
^Long muffler? I can help. This one change colour according to what you wear (Long Muffler, the one you will want) while this one has only one colour (Checkered Long Muffler). Don't be confused between them :)

http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/tickets_1.php#nav

NexusAZ
Nov 22, 2013, 10:13 AM
Bought Sakuya Long Pony a little while back for my Gunner. I have no regrets.

The only ticket I've been unhappy with is the Straight Short hairstyle.... mostly because I was spacing out and accidentally bought/used that instead of the Straight Pony. It wasn't much, but it's just gonna sit in my hair selection and never get used. :L

Sayara
Nov 22, 2013, 10:50 AM
Right I remember one hair i regretted.
This awful hair (http://i.minus.com/ifEzw6AKUdcIX.jpg) I thought looked really cute but just looked derpy as hell. It wasnt TOO expensive however luckly.

NexusAZ
Nov 22, 2013, 11:11 AM
Right I remember one hair i regretted.
This awful hair (http://i.minus.com/ifEzw6AKUdcIX.jpg) I thought looked really cute but just looked derpy as hell. It wasnt TOO expensive however luckly.

Dat Straight Short.

Pugas87
Nov 22, 2013, 12:56 PM
So I want to get パニスの両翼 (Panis Wings)
[SPOILER-BOX]http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Panis-Wings.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

But currently at 18ish M I fear I would subsequently be posting on this thread about how it wasn't worth it. So in my hypothetical situation I feel for all of y'all.

moeri
Nov 22, 2013, 01:17 PM
I would have to get on and check, but I don't think I have regretted buying any ticket accessory.

Though the closest thing I can come to regretting would be the armband. Mainly because I don't like how it looks with formal/swimwear, so I rarely put it on since I frequently visit the team room/ take baths and change costumes.

Only other accessory I bought was the Large Ahoge, which I loved.

On a similar note I almost regretted buying my pink lace thighhighs because none of my main outfits seemed to work with them. At the time I was mainly using a pink little prim, though that really did not work, mainly because it felt like the black and blue really didn;t work well with it at all. I replaced this with a pink Little Prim Silver and was VERY happy with the results, and have mainly been wearing this combination for months.

Next accessory I will buy will probably be the twin ribbon accessory from the last big design contest.

So yeah, I like to have the ability to change my costume anytime I want to, without changing accessories, so I base my accessories solely on my character, not on the clothing being worn, and so far I have been happy with the results, though I am really picky on accessories...

Emmie
Nov 22, 2013, 03:41 PM
Hey, I wanted to make a discussion here, maybe for anybody to look on later on. but basically tickets, we all know you cant see how they look on a character before you purchase them unlike weapons or costumes which you can. but you saw a photo of it and you thought '' THIS WOULD LOOK AWESOME on my character'' are their any accessories you bought from player shop for a TON of money. and realized, wow this was crappy. and was not worth all the money I grinded for it.

an example I'd give is the Hero scarf, that you can get. I see those things for like 60Mil+ but i'm like...''it looks great..its awesome but why is something so simple being priced for so much?'' it looks worth a lot but not that much in my opinion.

another example is the new flaming eyes they added. I bought all 3, red,orange and blue. thinking they'd look awesome. turns out its like a big loogey booger of flame just smacked on ur face and looks terrible.

not worth the meseta I spent on that.

Yes, this has happened to me several times. Makes me wish I could revert the hair/accessory back to a ticket and resell it.

RadiantLegend
Nov 22, 2013, 05:47 PM
Ultimate fighter head part. The head is just too small.